Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Celeste Holme invited and what about Esther Williams who was an Olympian herself? does anybody know?

Why on God's earth would Charlene SUDDENLY be interesting and filled with character? I think five years is enough time to at least START to show who you really are, and I think she has ... really shown who she really is. Empty and deadly boring. :lol:

Queen Elizabeth II has been a public figure for 85plus years and yet none of us still do now know who she really is as a person. Perhaps Charlene is just an old chip off the block and doesn't feel the need to scream her personality at every chance. She definitely comes off as a poised and stoic woman but the little I've seen of her in interviews, she seems like a very fun and bubbly lady. She seems really likable and sometimes people like to follow people they like rather than people they just find interesting.

Last edited:
oh my God how to compare QEII which is head of state of so many countries, has to be above all politics and the same with all prime ministers from all parties (right, left) and be the strong head of commonwealth praised by the secretary general of NATO and UNO for her way to conduct things and Charlene? Not really the same priorities and way to conduct their lives. Charlene is selfcentred (one more photo opportunity for the glamour press Charlene maybe?) and QEII offered her whole life to duty.

If you ask me Charlene acts like the old time royals, only gives us a glimpse of how she truly is and the rest is private. I prefer that to some of the royals who parade around family business and dirty laundry in the tabloids!

ON Nice Matin and in the news of Monaco, there is the program of the the day of the evening after the civil wedding, The people of monaco could watch the civil wedding on the placo of Palace on big screens and the couple will offer the cocktail to the poeple and there will be a big concert on the port Hercules and the most important new is that the palace annonces to day that:
Miss Charlene Wittstock who is already christian is by a own and personnaly decision admitted in the whole and complete communion. It is that Charlene Wittstock is convert to the catholic religious.

the site of princely palace has changed, there are videos, photos (there are photos of Charlene when she was young and photos of the wedding of prince rainier and princess Grace and details about the weddding and the fests

Now we know who will entertain the Monegasques on the evening before the church wedding:

Jean Michel Jarre, no less !!

It may not be to everyone's taste, but this guy is the tops when it comes to electronic music, light shows, laser displays and fireworks....

Jean Michel Jarre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It says the dinner will be at 9PM followed by a ball and a fireworks display at midnight, that's not much time to eat and dance, unless the ball will continue after the fireworks? Anyway this is exciting because I think it'll be a tiara ball, since Albert's Enthronement also had a tiara event. So I'm expecting a lot of glitter, just not from the Princely family, although there are more than enough tiaras to go around...
Caroline: Large pearl and diamond tiara
Charlotte: Diamond Fringe
Stephanie: Grace's diamond/ necklace tiara
Pauline: Grace's small diamond tiara
Charlene: A new Purchase by Albert although I expect in the future she will wear Grace's tiara's, she doesn't need the comparison on the wedding day.

I do wonder what duties/charities does Charlene support? I've never heard/read anything about that yet.... Anyone know?

Who cares. It will be given to her and she will do what is expected. That's, basically, what they all do. Some, do have special interests.

COUNTESS said:
Who cares. It will be given to her and she will do what is expected. That's, basically, what they all do. Some, do have special interests.

I care, hence the question

It says the dinner will be at 9PM followed by a ball and a fireworks display at midnight, that's not much time to eat and dance, unless the ball will continue after the fireworks? Anyway this is exciting because I think it'll be a tiara ball, since Albert's Enthronement also had a tiara event. So I'm expecting a lot of glitter, just not from the Princely family, although there are more than enough tiaras to go around...
Caroline: Large pearl and diamond tiara
Charlotte: Diamond Fringe
Stephanie: Grace's diamond/ necklace tiara
Pauline: Grace's small diamond tiara
Charlene: A new Purchase by Albert although I expect in the future she will wear Grace's tiara's, she doesn't need the comparison on the wedding day.

Excellent post! :)

However I see the following happening (one can hope, lol):

Caroline wearing the famous Brunswik Diamond Tiara, originally owned by Empress Josephine of France, but passed down through the Hanover line, of which Caroline is officially titled HRH The Princess Caroline of Hanover: Caroline of Hanover | Brunswick Tiara onced owened by Josephine Empress of France

Caroline von Hannover mit dem Braunschweigische Diadem

Royal Tiaras of the Extended Family - The Tudors Wiki

Charlene loaned Caroline's equally famous Cartier Tiara (my favorite tiara bar none), which was passed down to her from her grandmother Princess Charlotte, but I'm sure Caroline will be kind enough to loan Charlene this spectacular Grimaldi heirloom, after all Charlene will now be representing Monaco as the reigning monarch's wife: Princess Caroline of Monaco (*1957)

Princess Caroline wearing her Grandmothers Tiara

Prinzessin Caroline von Monace mit Fringe Tiara

Charlotte wearing her mother's second most famous piece of jewelry, The Fringe Tiara/aka The Tiara Russe, passed down to Caroline from her grandmother Princess Charlotte of Monaco: Fringe Tiara

As for the rest, I agree with you, I think Stephanie and her lovely daughter, Pauline, will be wearing one of Princess Grace's modest tiaras.

Still, I hope that Princess Caroline will open her trove of Grimaldi treasures and loan her extended family some of her breathtaking jewels. After all, it's not every day that a Prince of Monaco gets married. And it's for a good cause ~ to represent Monaco to the outside world ~ a once-in-a-lifetime event!

Nadine said:
Excellent post! :)

However I see the following happening (one can hope, lol):

Caroline wearing the famous Brunswik Diamond Tiara, originally owned by Empress Josephine of France, but passed down through the Hanover line, of which Caroline is officially titled HRH The Princess Caroline of Hanover: Caroline of Hanover | Brunswick Tiara onced owened by Josephine Empress of France

Caroline von Hannover mit dem Braunschweigische Diadem

Royal Tiaras of the Extended Family - The Tudors Wiki

Charlene loaned Caroline's equally famous Cartier Tiara (my favorite tiara bar none), which was passed down to her from her grandmother Princess Charlotte, but I'm sure Caroline will be kind enough to loan Charlene this spectacular Grimaldi heirloom, after all Charlene will now be representing Monaco as the reigning monarch's wife: Princess Caroline of Monaco (*1957)

Princess Caroline wearing her Grandmothers Tiara

Prinzessin Caroline von Monace mit Fringe Tiara

Charlotte wearing her mother's second most famous piece of jewelry, The Fringe Tiara/aka The Tiara Russe, passed down to Caroline from her grandmother Princess Charlotte of Monaco: Fringe Tiara

As for the rest, I agree with you, I think Stephanie and her lovely daughter, Pauline, will be wearing one of Princess Grace's modest tiaras.

Still, I hope that Princess Caroline will open her trove of Grimaldi treasures and loan her extended family some of her breathtaking jewels. After all, it's not every day that a Prince of Monaco gets married. And it's for a good cause ~ to represent Monaco to the outside world ~ a once-in-a-lifetime event!

I've never seen a picture of Charlotte wearing a tiara, did she ever wear one before to an event? The coronation maybe? Because otherwise are we share she'll even wear one?

Good questions, MRSJ, and I would love to know the answers myself, lol. :D

Seriously, I too have never before seen Charlotte wear a tiara nor Princess Stephanie for that matter.

But this is all pure speculation, since it was announced here ~ Latest news about the Wedding - Prince?s Palace of Monaco ~ that there will be a ball after the official dinner! :)

I'm just hoping that it will be televised (i.e. the ball), at least a little bit, not all. I know they most likely want their privacy and I respect that, but I'm crossing my fingers that they give all of us that have never been to a ball before a glimpse into this fairytale world. Lol, I feel like a child hiding on the upper balcony watching all the grownups dance below, with images of princesses, princes, and sugar plum fairies dancing in my head. :)^D

All this had me running to youtube to re-watch the wonderful emotional wedding of Crown Princess Victoria to Daniel Westling last summer. I recall we got to watch the pre-concert the night before, the wedding itself, the procession back to the palace, the moving speech made by Prince Daniel to his bride (ahhh the mention of her staying up all night to write him 30 letters for each day she would be away still moves me to tears), and last but not least their first dance/waltz as a couple. :)

Lol, the aforementioned wedding has me so spoilt that I'm wishing we get an equal amount of coverage for the Monaco Royal Wedding.

But back to tiaras and such, it was said that Prince Albert's Enthronement had a tiara ball afterwards, which I unfortunately was never able to find on youtube because I don't think it was televised? Also, Charlotte would have only been 18 yrs. old at the time, so I'm not sure she was allowed to wear a tiara so young? But times have changed, and I hope that if it is a tiara ball *both* Charlotte and her cousin, Pauline, will be allowed to wear a tiara. :)^)

Ah, but now my mind's on the ballgowns! Can you imagine???? Off to dream...

ps: I love this sapphire jewelry set that Princess Caroline inherited from her grandmother, Charlotte, and would love to see her gift it to Charlene as a wedding present: Prinzessin Caroline - Family Jewels of the House Grimaldi

I personally hope that Charlene will wear the Cartier tiara and Fringe tiara as a necklace on her wedding day. Nothing would say "Princess of Monaco" as much as those jewels. Can't wait to see how it all turns out! No doubt being Monaco it will be one heck of a good show,

I know that Charlene supposed to wear the tiara because she'll be a princess. But she's so masculine that I have hard time imagining her in ANY tiara. Well, eventually I will have to get used to CW wearing whatever tiara. I think if she has to wear any it should be something modern, simple and not too big.

I know that Charlene supposed to wear the tiara because she'll be a princess. But she's so masculine that I have hard time imagining her in ANY tiara. Well, eventually I will have to get used to CW wearing whatever tiara. I think if she has to wear any it should be something modern, simple and not too big.

She doesn't have to wear a tiara, it's an option. Princess Grace didn't wear a tiara on her wedding day.

PR :flowers:

I find myself more interested in the British wedding purely as it is in my own country.

I think Charlene will make a lovely bride. I know some find her masculine but personaly I find her quite pretty. The most interesting aspect of this wedding for me will be whether Stephanies and Alberts children attend.

Little and little, we can see the fests aroung the ceremonies, it will not be the same wedding than the wedding of William and Kate , I will watch the wedding of Prince william with pleasure. For the wedding of the couple of Monaco, we will have two days to watch. I remembered the fest around the enthronement of Prince Albert in july 2005. There were the mass and the garden party with the people of Monaco and than the concert on the port with firework. All was boardcasted. The official enthronement in november with the royals who attended was less attractiv. there was only the mass and the ceremony on the place of palace.
For the wedding, I hope it will be beautiful to watch to the tv, and we will see all the family Princess Caroline with her children, Princess Stephanie with her chidren. It will be fine to see them together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU9FQ_6QrQc
Nadine here's a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU9FQ_6QrQcvideo of Albert's enthronement towards the end you see all the royalty with their immense glitter, and then the biggest disappointment, not one Monegasque royal lady with a tiara!!!

I don't know if Caroline will wear the Brunswick tiara, as her and Ernst are not on the best of terms, although I would love to see her in that piece and Charlene in the Cartier pearl tiara, but I doubt it.

Stephanie and Charlotte have both never worn tiaras and this would be a great time for them to make their tiara debuts, and a good time to see the fringe tiara in a tiara setting in many years, as Caroline has only ever worn it as a necklace. This could all end up being worn because it can all end up being black tie with no tiaras, but that would be no fun! ;)

I'm a bit upset that they're using Lexus's I'm hoping they meant for the guests, like at Victoria's the guests used white Volvos. I hope they use one of the antique Rolls Royce from the private collection, or if they're looking to be eco friendly, use one of the carriages! That would be beautiful and glamorous, show the foreign royals that they may be a principality but their grand. :)

Why do I have the feeling that the first time the world sees the new Princess of Monaco in a tiara, it will be a brand spanking new one, commissioned by her groom as a wedding gift to her? ;)

I don't see Caroline lending her one, or CW wearing one of Grace's(not immediately anyway. But I am almost certain she will inherit some pieces from Grace's collection)

We have never seen Stephanie in a tiara and I am certain we never will...not her "thing" at all.

Charlotte? Who knows...she'd look stunning in one but I get the feeling that she is not into it either.

Last edited:
Lol, you and I think alike jonc93. ;)

I especially enjoy your last paragraph, I was thinking the same thing the other day in regards to the use of a royal carriage! :) I was a tad bit disappointed to see that the newly wedded couple would be ensconced inside of a car instead of a fairytale carriage. :( I so wanted to see the latter, after all even Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Prince Daniel rode back to the palace inside a lovely carriage, though she did arrive at the church inside a car, totally understandable, a fair trade off, lol. :D

***Note: I give Prince Albert two thumbs way up for employing the use of hybrid cars in honor of the environment, but the little girl inside me had hoped for a Cinderella type carriage for the couple reminiscent of when Lady Diana Spencer married Prince Charles in 1981 (ahhh, the memories, I'll never forget that magical day).***

Regards Albert's enthronement I never was able to see the full thing, only glimpses, like the one you just posted. However, CNN did provide full coverage of Prince Rainier's funeral that year, which I have on tape. Also they provided full coverage of the Pope's funeral the week before. I only mention this because even the internet didn't provide full coverage of Albert's enthronement. I'm hoping that changes 110% in regards to his wedding, a joyous event, therefore cause for celebration and hopefully coverage, lol! :)^D

By the way, I can see why tiaras weren't worn by any of the Grimaldi women after Rainier's funeral at the ball, it wouldn't be appropriate imho. Just seeing Caroline & Stephanie's tears, as well as Albert's misty eyes brought me back to what Crown Princess Victoria stated once when a journalist asked her about one day being Queen; she said it would be a sad day because that would mean her beloved father would have died. So true, as evidenced at Albert's enthronement. However, once again, a wedding is a totally different affair, a time for celebration and joyous occasion!!!!! :flowers:

And on that score, I have found more of the Grimaldi jewels, specifically those worn by Princess Grace, as presents from her husband, Prince Rainier. :) Seeing those gorgeous jewels, I have now revised my list a bit as to whom might be wearing what. (;^)

Charlene gifted, from Albert, Prince Grace's timeless classic modest glittering humble tiara: http://i41.tinypic.com/10d7bkg.jpg This would look lovely on her, just as it did on Grace in the aforementioned picture, it complements their blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin.

***Note: though I can see Pauline or Stephanie wearing it if Caroline decides to gift or loan Charlene the spellbinding Cartier Tiara. I really hope Caroline opens her heart and gifts Charlene one of the Grimaldi jewels to continue the Grimaldi line, pass down to the next generation of the ruling family. Jmho.***

Charlene wearing another gift from Albert to his bride, from his mother's collection, this exquisite diamond necklace: http://i39.tinypic.com/156wm0i.jpg

Caroline wearing the breathtaking Hanover Honeysuckle Tiara (almost tied with the Cartier Tiara as my favorite!): Blten-Diadem des Hannover Schatzes| Diamant-Tiara mit Geissblatt-Blten

The reason why I think Caroline will wear the Hanover jewelry, now moreso than ever is because that's still her title HRH The Princess Caroline of Hanover, and even lists her as such on the Monaco Royal Site. But more importantly there will be a new leading lady of Monaco, Princess Charlene, the wife of the ruling monarch. Caroline will now take a backseat to her, as it should be. Caroline has always been my favorite royal since I was a child, but I recognize the passing of the torch, which is natural and to be expected. And rather than resent it I embrace it, as I'm sure Caroline does, she's one class act! :)

Now onto the ball, so many possibilites, ideas, which made me think of the 1966 Centenary Ball in Monte Carlo, wherein the theme was 1866, and everybody dressed up from that time period, including Princess Grace: http://monacorevue.com/images/eventimg/sep1407.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2n6dyes.jpg

Another favorite was Princess Beatrice of York, whose 18th birthday was in honor of her being magically born on 8/8/88 at 8:08, therefore the theme of the ball was 1888, of course, lol: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/img/galleries/beatriceparty/beatricePA160706_291x350.jpg

So many possibilities, I'm off to dream!!!!!

Is Charlotte ''allowed'' to wear a tiara to an event like this as she is not an HSH? Or anyone can even if not royal/bride?

Personally I don't think she will wear one, because seems to not be het style but hope she does

In the back of my mind I was thinking the same thing, MRSJ, I'm glad you brought it up.

Because even at Albert's enthronement I only recall seeing in those youtube clips Crown Princess Victoria wearing one, as well as Prince Edward's wife, Sophie. And at Victoria's wedding last summer I think only titled women wore them? Hmmm....

I'm also thinking this may be why only Princess Caroline has worn that famous Brunswik Diamond Tiara? Because like her predecessor before her, she's a princess by blood, unlike Prince Ernst first wife. Just some thoughts.

Also been thinking because of this, maybe only Princess Alexandra of Hanover will inherit Caroline's jewels? Or else they should go back to the ruling Grimaldi Family. Jmho.

I hope I'm wrong, somebody as lovely as Charlotte should be covered in tiaras and jewels imho. A true diamond of the first water, just like her mother before her.

Is Charlotte ''allowed'' to wear a tiara to an event like this as she is not an HSH? Or anyone can even if not royal/bride?

Personally I don't think she will wear one, because seems to not be het style but hope she does

One does not need to be royal or titled to wear a tiara. If you have one or can borrow one, wear it.

Hmmm, I knew anybody can wear one, even Madonna (see here: http://theweddingtiara.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Madonnas-Wedding1.jpg ). Btw it was rumored that Madonna wanted to wear the tiara that Princess Grace wore to Princess Caroline's first wedding in 1978, but it never materialized. However, I thought the protocol for royalty was different?

I mean even I can wear a tiara, and have done so in the past, lol, but I thought royalty was different?

Meh... I kind of agree with the late Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis on the subject of who should wear a tiara...she said only Royals/Aristos can wear them without looking foolish or pretentious. :lol:

I will never forget the site of socialite Betsey Bloomingdale hopping around London with a tiara on her head during the festivities for the Charles/Diana wedding in 1981...I just cringed for her! :ohmy::lol:

I think Madonna looks creepy in those wedding photos...sort of like a vampire bride!

Last edited:
Lol, Moonmaiden23, you're funny. :D

I'll have to find out whom you are talking about ~ Nancy Bloomingdale? The only thing I recall about Charles & Diana's wedding was Diana herself, more than all others put together. I was just a very young teen at the time, fresh out of childhood, so all my memories (& those of my older sister's) were of just pure magic! Fantasy come to life, the stuff of dreams and fairytales, ahhh...

Nadine, she was besties with then First Lady Nancy Reagan. She was also the wife of the very kinky owner of the Bloomingdales department store chain, and founder of Diner's Club, Alfred Bloomingdale. And I made a mistake...her name was BETSEY not Nancy!

Anyway on the plane over to London she gave a widely quoted interview where she gushed about growing up among "Hollywood royalty...but this...this is just something else on a whole new level!"

And then she proceeded to swan around London and attend several of the parties and balls with a tiara on her head.

I was a young, unsophisticated girl still living at home with my parents but even so I felt bad for her, especially when the merciless Fleet Street rags went to work on her!:lol::lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom