Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is said there will be the list of the guests on the end of may. Franziska van Almsick, Roland Schoeman and Sarah Poewe said they receive the invitation and they will go , for the invitation of President Zuma,François Pinear, it was in the sa Newspapers,
For the palace website, there are already many news on it, there is a count down.

Well I'm still hoping for a traditional American type wedding, just as Prince Albert's mother, Grace Kelly, had, which included the following:

BRIDAL PARTY:

*Matron of Honor = Peggy (Grace's older married sister).
*Bridesmaids = 6 close friends of Grace's (all adult females close in age to Grace).
*Junior Attendants = 6 children (4 girls + 2 boys) whom appear to range in age from 5-12 years of age.

Source of reference: Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier's Weddings
Prior Engagement

Picture of the entire Bridal Party: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KKNyXy942...fi0/s1600/grace-kelly-bridal-party-790484.jpg

Based on the above, I would like to see the following for Charlene's Bridal Party:

*Matron of Honor = Caroline (as she's older than Stephanie) or a close friend of Charlene's, if unmarried she would become the Maid of Honor.
*Bridesmaids = 6 consisting of Charlotte, Pauline, Melanie de Massy, and 3 close friends of Charlene's that are all unmarried, as traditionally bridesmaids are unwed young women of marriageble age.
*Junior Attendants = 12 yr. old Camille (she won't turn 13 until July 12th) + her 11 yr. old cousin Alexandra (she won't turn 12 until July 20th) + 4 more little ones. :)

That's it, I'd be happy! :) Oh and of course we can't leave out the groom's party. Albert could have a best man + groomsmen/ushers, whom can be made up of his nephews ~ Andrea, Pierre, Louis, Ernst August Jr., Christian Hanover ~ plus anybody else he has in mind (aka first cousins on his mother & father's side of the family).

Regards prospective Royal Guests from the UK, I'm hoping for Prince Charles + Camilla because this is the wedding of a Sovereign, therefore deserving of an Heir Apparent's attendance imho. Also, Charles is closer in age to Albert, they know each other, and both have worked on environmental issues together in the past. If not them, then I hope for Prince Andrew, as he was present at Prince Rainier's Funeral.

As for Albert's children, his interaction with them has always been private, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I say respect his and their privacy. Leave them alone.

ps: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYBODY!!!! :heart1:

You'll be lucky to see Charles, Camilla or Andrew. Edward and Sophie seem the most likely especially since they attended Alberts enthronement.

He revealed that they are his children, so only this particular time...why not?
At last, we live in 21st century and times when children out of wedlock were discriminated has passed.

My suggestions:
Best man: Andrea Cairaghi
Maid of Honour: some Charlene's Cousin (she doesn't have sisters)
Flower Girls & Page Boys: Vittoria Knecht, Rose de Brouwer, Alexandre Coste (if he will be present) maybe some Kelly relative or godchild(ren - if there are any; also that of Charlene - why not?)
I think that Albert's two youngest nieces - Camille & Alexandra - are already a bit too old for this role; they are teenagers. On the wedding of William & Catherne none of assisting children was ths age.

Of course the clegymanof highest rank will celebrate the ceremony.

As for anthems: one wrote by an American, to emphasize the US roots of the groom (in original version, not translated int French) and maybe one from South African Republic.

Royal Family of Great Britain will be represented by Edward & Sophie, I suppose,
Also President & First Lady of France will be present
Belgium: Laurent & Claire
Netherlands: Constantijn & Laurentien
Spain: prince & Princess of Asturias
Sweden: Duchess & Duke of Vastergotland
Luxembourg: Grand Ducal Couple & Prince Guillaume
Liechtenstein: Princely Couply, the Heir & his wife
Norway: Crown Princely Couple
President Jacob Zuma
Prince Moulay Rachid of Morocco
Presidential Couple of Germany
some representative of US Government

Maybe Athina Onassis & her husband? Her grandpa was present at Albert's parents wedding...

sweden will be there as a family, king, queen, crown princess, prince daniel, prince carl philip and princess madeleine

There were two reports on the wedding this week in Monaco info. One on the flags which will decore the principauty, they are very beautiful,they are white with a golden crown and the titles 'mariage princier 1 et 2 juillet 2011 the letters are printed in gold, they are 600, they are finished, they will decore in june the principauty
There was an other interview of the director of the SBM , he said that all is ready to receive the royal guests in the hotels.
There is also a team of persons (women and men) who are employed who will accompagne the royal guests during the wedding, there is an interview of a woman who will do this work
There were also 2 reports on the reception of the Monegasques who will attend to the coctails, there will be a special bier for this event and there is one another interview of the chief who will make the dinner of the reception with the residents
And on Monaco Matin, there is a video of Jean Michel who was at monaco for his big concert. We can see that all will be ready for the wedding

Biri said:
He revealed that they are his children, so only this particular time...why not?
At last, we live in 21st century and times when children out of wedlock were discriminated has passed.

My suggestions:
Best man: Andrea Cairaghi
Maid of Honour: some Charlene's Cousin (she doesn't have sisters)
Flower Girls & Page Boys: Vittoria Knecht, Rose de Brouwer, Alexandre Coste (if he will be present

Even if Alexandre were to attend, I do not think he would be made a part of the wedding party. That would seem like a royal no no to me.

You'll be lucky to see Charles, Camilla or Andrew. Edward and Sophie seem the most likely especially since they attended Alberts enthronement.

Hmm, in retrospect, I think you are right, Lumutqueen. :)

I base this not on the fact that Prince Andrew was there for Prince Rainier's Funeral in 2005 nor Edward & Sophie were there for the Enthronement of Prince Albert also in 2005, but rather I base it on the fact that for the Royal Wedding of Crown Princess Victoria to Daniel Westling last year, the UK sent the Wessexes, no other. And that was a high profile wedding of the Heir Apparent, yet they sent their 3rd best imho.

So based on the above, I too feel they will send the Wessexes again, perhaps becoming their *permanent* representatives for all such weddings for now & in the future? I don't mind, I have nothing against them, just speculating on whom will be sent to represent the Royal Family from the UK. :)

I'm just glad that the entire Swedish Royal Family will be there, but my view of Carl Phillip has changed somewhat (for the negative, unfortunately), therefore I seriously would give anything to have Prince Amadeo of Belgium be there instead. ;) :cool: Ah, that tall good-looking, intelligent drink of water, who can resist a man in uniform: http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/prince_amadeo_070927_mrenders_77060306_rev1_640x600.jpg

ps: I realized in my summarization up above, in another post, that I forgot to include Prince Albert's two future brothers-in-law, Gareth & Sean, as part of his groom's party. How remiss of me, I now include them as well. :flowers:

Nobody has mentioned Chris Levine. I think he is a cert for Best Man.

I too think he will have somebody closer to his age be his best man (if he has one at all), and whom better than his first cousin on his mother's side. A nice way to include his mother's side of the family as well. :)

I'm just hoping & praying & wishing (lol) that this wedding will be more like his mother's, Grace Kelly, in terms of there being a Matron/Maid of Honor, Bridesmaids, and Junior Attendants. Like I wrote up above in another post. :flowers:

The more family the merrier! :heart1:

Well, there are plenty of family to go round !!
The hard bit is to know whom to choose, and whom to leave out :)
In this regard, the Monaco wedding is just like any other wedding, with the need to try to please everyone - but not succeeding, no doubt...

I wouldn't like to be in his shoes.

thank you LadyS, I sent this news, but it was not noticed, it was no more on the board. I told about this reception in a post yesterday

there is in french an interview about the report on live with Stephane and Marie Drucker who will comment the wedding on julythe 2,
it is ma vile . com monaco, or on Nice matin section Monaco
Yesterday I told on the flags I saw on a report at the tv yesterday evening , there was a replay, the flags are white with the crow of Monaco and the title mariage princier are red. I was wrong I said thatt he title and the crow had the colour of gold

There is an interview a very short interview with the father of Charlene who said the reception at Durban is the IOC who makes this reception for Prince Albert and Charlene, he also says that her wife is at Monaco and the remaining of the family will fly for the grand Prize which is may 28th and they will stay untill the wedding.
look lokal benoni

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just read that the newlywed Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's first overseas visit to Canada and the U.S will coincide with the Monaco wedding.

I think William and Kate are an adorable couple now, and I LOVED their wedding-it was very moving and beautiful-but I am starting to get the uncomfortable feeling that all the news AND Royalty coverage will be on those two and not so much on Albert nd Charlene's wedding...and that makes me very, very unhappy. :bang:

I want to read about Albert and Charlene during the week of their wedding...not the Cambridge's first State visit overseas!

Royalty coverage will be on those two and not so much on Albert nd Charlene's wedding...and that makes me very, very unhappy. :bang:

I want to read about Albert and Charlene during the week of their wedding...not the Cambridge's first State visit overseas!
Yes I think you're right it is inevitable that the focus will be on these two as it is their first official trip abroad. However, everyone loves a wedding and the legacy of Princess Grace still manages to attract interest so we can only hope it is a slow news week otherwise. On the bright side there will be plenty of Royal stories in our magazines.:flowers:

I think it's going to be relative to where one lives. I think American coverage will be somewhat extensive because of Prince Albert's heritage. By the same token Monaco is not talked about much unless there is scandal. The BRF is more popular all around. However in PHILADELPHIA where Grace was from, her family left a very big mark on this city and its all everyone can talk about. I think our local station will definitly cover it.

It's really rude and petty if PW and Kate will be in LA the same dates as PA's wedding. I think the Queen is behind this. PA's wedding was announced over a year ago so it was deliberate.

I sent this news, but it was not noticed, it was no more on the board. I told about this reception in a post yesterday

Melina premiere, your post is still there, check out the previous page of this thread!

Nothing says William and Kate have to lie low just because they aren't attending the wedding. I HIGHLY doubt they're doing this on purpose. As most members here know the Duke and Duchess hate the press so I doubt they'd encourage them. It is a bit early for their normal foreign tours but it's prob due to William's deployment next year as well as the Jubilee and Olympics that is forcing them to do it so early. Either way you guys need to relax the wedding will be covered I'm sure of that, maybe not to the extent that the Duke and Duchess' wedding was covered but I'm certain atleast a few channels will show it and I'm sure it'll be talked about in the news atleast in America/Canada.

It's really rude and petty if PW and Kate will be in LA the same dates as PA's wedding. I think the Queen is behind this. PA's wedding was announced over a year ago so it was deliberate.

I really don' t think this would have in anyway influenced the timing. From what I have read, the British government are very much in the driving seat of when official visits are scheduled.

:previous:Yes perhaps we all need to chill and enjoy the build up to the big day because Monaco is releasing far more information for us to ponder on than we had for Will & Kate.

FanofMonaco said:

It's nothing of the sort. Petty and deliberate? Why would The Queen involve herself in something ridiculous. The suggestion is silly. How about Albert and Charlene never invited William and Kate or perhaps Charles and Camilla are going to the wedding? Or Sophie and Edward, both more likely options as they are friends of the couple.

Yes I think you're right it is inevitable that the focus will be on these two as it is their first official trip abroad. However, everyone loves a wedding and the legacy of Princess Grace still manages to attract interest so we can only hope it is a slow news week otherwise. On the bright side there will be plenty of Royal stories in our magazines.:flowers:

Of course you are right. But I can't help being just a tad bit annoyed with St James's Palace or Buckingham Palace or whoever planned this trip to coincide with the wedding that I really want to see most! :bang:

It's not like they didn't know ahead of time that PA's wedding would be in early July 2011 because it was announced at the end of the summer or 2010.

Ah well. I will just hope for the best.....

On the bright side I like BOTH couples so I will get to see two big Royal events...it's a sort of win-win for me!

Last edited:
First you need to complain to the Canadian PM who extended the invitation as soon as William's engagement was announced. Then you have to complain to the Foreign Office who control official visits by members of the Royal Family. Then you can complain the TRH's Private Secretary for having left this window of opportunity in their calendar to allow visits to Canada and California.
I seriously doubt any of the above took any consideration about events outside of the UK, Canada and California when planning the trip.
I am sure their first official overseas trip will garner lots of attention in Hello and other like magazines but most likely they will also devote some attention to the wedding in Monaco. Everyone loves a wedding after all and Monaco is still a glamorous setting which will produce great pics for the glossy magazines.

Even without the Cambridge trip the Monaco wedding was never going to receive the same blanket global press coverage as the London wedding but it will receive its fair share none the less.

Back on topic: :)

Regards music for the wedding, I would absolutely love it if somehow, someway, Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman were able to perform the following classic piece of music, synonymous with lovers, my favorite:

YouTube - sarah brightman & Andrea Bocelli Time to say goodbye live

YouTube - Anissina & Peizerat 1999 Worlds Exhibition

Lyrics: Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli -- Time to say goodbye

A&P's performance based on Gustav Klimt's "The Kiss": http://www.art-wallpaper.org/art/the-kiss-gustav-klimt/01/the-kiss1024768.jpg

Since there are going to be many members of the Olympic Committee going to PA's wedding, it's possible that Princess Anne and her husband will go.

The offilcial dates of the wedding is july 1 and 2, there are not date changing,the people of Monaco received already their invitation for july1, the cards of invitation are sent for a while, the flags which will decore the all principauty are already, there was a report on the fabrik which made these flags ' they are 600' and we saw the dates on the fflags it is mariage princier 1 and 2 juillet 2011. in english july1and 2th.ish, principaly wedding. the concert of Jean Michel Jarre is on 1 july and yesterday, the director of the press center said there were 1500 photographs who are asking for the accreditation for 1 and 2 july. This article of Eringer made laugh all the principauty. For those, who are living in the principauty and near the principauty they are seing all the preparation of the wedding, the palace is repeint and last week as I went to visit my mother, we made shopping and and my aunts and my uncle we are going up to see the palace, we cannot see the entry of the palace, it is hidden , we could not see the inside of the court of honor.Stephan Bern the report who will make the report on live of the wedding gave us details of the wedding day(he belongs to the team of the communication pof the palace)

Melina, why do you feel so compelled to "stick up" for PA and CW at every opportunity ? Are you related to the Prince ??

Melina, why do you feel so compelled to "stick up" for PA and CW at every opportunity ? Are you related to the Prince ??

Perhaps because she gets irritated by the nonsensical tabloid stories that get passed around! At least Melina is prepared to pass along some more factual information to balance out some of the trash. She should be thanked for that.

Maybe they refer to the article "Alarm bells for Albert's wedding":

Monaco | Search | The Sunday Times

So on twitter are rumors that he doesn't want to get wed too?? Interesting.

Ha, ha Albie...too late now!

As a famous Royal fiancee was told years ago...YOUR FACE IS ON THE TEA TOWELS!! :lol:

I seriously doubt that PA is second guessing his decision to get married. ITA with melina-premiere...the speculation alone is simply ridiculous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom