General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 2: March 2012 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Prince of Monaco has issued two condoleances:
- one to the King of Spain (in English): http://scontent-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...=259bb56086bdc513976f4f0edb5e2879&oe=55779863
- one to the Mrs Angela Merkel (in French): http://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n..._=1433906449_a49a8252115a2d22fcf101834135aebd

Four strange things:

1)
French is the language of international diplomacy. Why is the King of Spain addressed in English (not his language) and is the Chancellor of Germany addressed in French (not her language)?

2)
Why the one condoleance sent to the head of state of Spain (King Felipe) and the other not to the head of state of Germany (President Joachim Gauck)?

3)
Why is the one condoleance sent to the head of the German Government (Mrs Angela Merkel) and the other not to the head of the Spanish Government (Mr Mariano Rajoy Brey)?

4)
Why does the Prince not sign with Albert like all Sovereigns do? His signature Albert, Prince de Monaco is the style for a junior Prince. The form of address "To His Majesty King Felipe of Spain" is also wrong, it is only used for abdicated monarchs. See King Juan Carlos - with Christian name- see King Albert, see Grand-Duc Jean. Felipe however is THE King, so the form of address should have been "To His Majesty The King of Spain".

Anyway, it is nice that the Prince of Monaco has sent his condoleances, the "handling" however can use some improvements.

Last edited:
I really can't speak for all the points made but I think Albert probably knows how to style himself in his own signature.

To day, it is not the moment to seek the little beast because there were to much deaths in this horrible accident nor to follow the protocole and Albert knows how to sign and contact the king of spain.

To day, Felipe made a speech in spanish before the palace of Elysée. On the photo Inside the Elysée, we saw a person who made the traduction between Felipe and president Holland, also Albert spoke in English to King Felipe.

There is now no matter the language , french is no more a diplomatic language , now the very important persons are speaking in french or in English.

Albert sent condoleances to the king Felipe and to Mrs Angela Markel as president Holland did it.
To morrow , president Holland will recieve Angela Merkel and mre Rajoy in France to visit the place where the plane crashed. He does receive MrGlauck.

Don't forget that we are all comonners and nothing else , we did not read any other condoleances of other Kings , Queens , or princes sovereign or head of states to compare

And I will repeat it is not the times of the critics but the times of prayers for all the families who lost a member of their family.

For me, it is well that prince Albert sent condoleances to the King of Spain and to Angela Merkel.

Who else in the monarchies? I would like to read the text of condoleances.

I really can't speak for all the points made but I think Albert probably knows how to style himself in his own signature.

It is not a signature, it is typed text, most likely set by the secretariat of the Prince. This is however the least important of the remarkable questions which popped up from the two condoleances.

To day, it is not the moment to seek the little beast because there were to much deaths in this horrible accident nor to follow the protocole and Albert knows how to sign and contact the king of spain. [...]

There is a special thread to deal with the tragedy and undoubtedly more tragedies will follow, and there have been other, recent tragedies like the shooting down of MH-17 above Ukraine with almost 193 Dutch) killed.

:sad:

But in this thread about the Prince of Monaco, I was talking about his condoleances, issued by the palais princier:

- the one in English (to Spain), the other in French (to Germany)
Why? Pourquoi? Warum?

- the one to a head of state (Spain), the other not to a head of state (Germany)
Why? Pourquoi? Warum?

Imagine that a plane crashes with British and French citizens and Albert sends a condoleance to Queen Elizabeth II and to Premier Ministre M Manuel Valls, but not to M François Hollande, the Président de la République. That is equally weird... to me it comes over as an amateuristic mistake.

:ohmy:

As this is a forum, I think that, aside of a new hairdo here and a new dress there, we can also talk about what we actually see, read, hear and think. And this is an official communiqué, no reason not to discuss it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that prince Albert knows better than anybodes who are commoner how to speak to a head of states or to a king.

The comments are tied to the horrible accident and I will not say more, as I said , it is not the times to critic in respect of the families but the times of prayers.

Marty, I tried to log in to see the photo of Charlene doing housework, but it was impossible for me. Have you another link? Thanks

I am sure the palace has a protocol official who knows how to address each country. They've been doing this for hundreds of years.

PA has been releasing statements in both French and English for the benefit of his citizens. eg. the birth of his children. I am sure the actual letters would be sent in German and Spanish; again according to international protocol.

I also agree that the Palace knows how to style their sovereign Prince in a typed signature.

I am sure the palace has a protocol official who knows how to address each country. They've been doing this for hundreds of years. [...]

So to see the practice of hundreds of years is no guarantee for a logical and correct handling of something simple but sad as condoleances. Also on other forums this is discussed and the mistakes have been remarked caused surprise and question marks too.

:cool:

While King Felipe VI is fluent in French, and Prince Albert knows him personally, a condoleance in English is sent. To a country which has nothing to do with English language.

While Frau Angela Merkel is fluent in German and Russian and understands some English, a condoleance in French is sent. To a country which has nothing to do with French language.

French however is the lingua franca of the corps diplomatique. Then the condoleance in French to Frau Merkel (but why not to the president of all Germans, dr Joachim Gauck?) is correct but why then no French for the condoleance to King Felipe?

:ermm:

The condoleance to the King is sent to "King Felipe of Spain" and not to "The King of Spain" (which is the correct form). Okay, maybe the Prince wants to be "more personal" and address the King by his first name. Thagt is fince. But why then sent it to the Royal Palace, which has primarily a museal function, while King Felipe lives ánd works at La Zarzuela on the compound of El Pardo?

That is the same as sending me a personal message but address it to the headquarters of my company... No, the palais princier needs a good review of the communications department.

I did not know that some persons on the royal forums knew more than the staff of protocole of a monarchy who is living since centuries.

Melina (and others), i agree with your previous posts in that imo we can discuss the technicalities of a signature on a heart-felt condoleance on a terrible disaster like this after all the deceased have been identified and have had a proper funeral.

imo just common decency
(especially the overuse of emoticons by some posters in this thread is very improper at this moment)

as always: imho

I did not know that some persons on the royal forums knew more than the staff of protocole of a monarchy who is living since centuries.

Yes there are. And not only on these forums.

When Queen Fabiola of the Belgians died, King Albert II and Queen Paola issued a "Thank You"-card for the condoleances they received since the death of King Fabiola.

When confronted with the mistake, they soon issued a second "Thank You"-card for the condoleances they received since the death of Queen Paola.

:ohmy::sad::ermm::eek::ohmy::sad::ermm:

The website of the British monarchy, the largest of all royal websites, often has factual errors, omissions or misleading statements. For their defence: they do accept suggestions and corrections by the public. Not for their defence: a professional organization should read, control and check first before publishing......

:whistling:

That something comes from the palais princier does not mean we have to fall on our knees and bow deep in utter reverence. Just a normal reading of these two messages resulted in valid questions and remarks about the persons to whom these were directed, about the languages these were written and about the form of address used. That is all.

Last edited:
I advice You Duc and Pair taking a pencil and a paper and writting to the palace that he did not respect the protocole and you could wait an answer.

For me, this part does not make me not sleeping, there are more sad things that the protocole of a palace. it is not the times of the critics but the times to respect these death of these persons and the sorrow of the families.
I am not snob and I have a heart
It is your problem to seek the little beast , it is not mine.

As the bal de la rose tread is closed, I post a comment here:
I think taht Albert and Charlene will not attend the bal de la rose because there is an annonce in a site of italia who is publishing that the star team for children will take place from march 27 to 29 with the attendance of Prince Albert with a gala on saturday 28th.

There are the events in the same times,

Cena gala con principe Alberto a Sesto - Trentino AA/S - ANSA.it

Oh that would be a shame - not too surprised about Charlene not attending, but Albert usually supports his sister. Mind you he could perhaps pop back for the evening of the ball.

Last edited:
Each year, Prince Albert who is the president of this organisation star team children is organising ski races, biathlon and so during two days and there is a gala on the saturday to get money for children who are hospitalized .

the bal de la rose is also Under the patronage of prince Albert, princess Charlene and princess Caroline.

an another news in English about the event in Italia

pro.media Kommunikation | Prince Albert II . of Monaco invites sports stars and celebrities to the South Tyrolean Sexten

:previous: So the Gala dinner suggests he will not be at the Bal de Rose. I hope all Caroline's children are out in force to support her.

In the same times , there is this announce saying that the bal de la rose is Under the presidence of Prince Albert, Under the presidence of princess charlene and princess Caroline, we will know saturday night. I doubt there will be Andrea and Tatiana who must give birth to her second child.Pierre and Beatrice and Charlotte will be there perhaps Gad El Maleh

http://www.pressmontecarlosbm.com/IMG/pdf/Communique_de_presse_-_Bal_de_la_Rose_2015.pdf

Look at the program, the gala diner is on friday I think after the races of the saturday morning and the lunch, Prince Albert will take the plane to return to Monaco for the bal de la Rose saturday evening.Italia is not far away of the aeof roport of Nice near Monaco.
I think if Albert could not have attended the bal de la rose, he would have changed the date of this week end.

Yes I think that is a likely reading of what may happen. Do you also take it that Charlene will be there?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Thanks, melina p, for the above article. Over the past few years I have had the feeling, and it is just my own, that the Princess has become more religious. I am happy for her. It surely contributes to her inner peace , and shows in her obvious happiness lately.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

So her brother could now be a god father to the twins. That would be nice

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Please remember that news and pictures about current events should be posted in the current events threads!

Therefore posts about Princess Charlene's newest event have been moved to her current events thread, posts about the family's newest event have been moved to their joint current events thread!

Last edited:

You can't see much as to the distance ;) but I've made some scans of the twins being carried around by their parents. The pics were taken around the Easter days:

** Scan 1 ** Scan 2 ** Scan 3 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom