Engagement of Prince Albert II to Miss Charlene Wittstock

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally!! I am soo happy for the couple :flowers:

Congratulations to them both!
I also though the that we wouldn´t have to wait too much after the Swedish royal wedding :flowers:
I´m so happy, another royal wedding!!

WOW! Congrats to the couple. Albert has always indicated he wanted to wed someone as perfect as his mother. Charlene and Princess Grace have a lot in common, at least physically. Blonde, classic good looks and both come from a swimming background (Grace's sisters were national swimming champions).

I also read the "According to protocol, royal couples must wait at least six months between the announcement of the engagement and the wedding day." I'm totally surprised by this, especially for a palace spokesperson. Yes, pregnancy seems to cut engagement periods very short for this generation of the Monegasque, but Grace and Rainier's engagement was announced in January 1956 and they married in April. Charles and Diana's engagement was announced in February and married in July. I can think of a good number of engagements that were announced less than 6 months before the marriage.

My congratulations to HSH Albert II and Miss Charlene Wittsock on their engagement. I hope that the couple enjoy many years of happiness together.

Whatever name that you want me to refer you by, you are correct that you "predicted" a marriage between Albert and Charlene on another forum (you and a whole lot of other posters here who first saw them together). Also, do you recall the other prediction that you made if Albert married Charlene? It's too bleak for me to post here. For your benefit, I will admit that I was wrong because I emphatically claimed that these two will NEVER marry. I always felt that Albert just wasn't in love with Charlene - and I still feel the same way. Just this weekend I think we all got a chance to experience what true love look like. I have never seen that look or behavior with these two. In addition, call me old fashion, a prude, or a fuddy dutty, but I grew up an era and culture where women had more dignity and respect for themselves. They wouldn't feel the need to drastically alter their features to fit a perceived standard of beauty. The women that I was raised by and associated with would never marry any man who disrespected them and couldn't be faithful to them.

If am allowed to say this here, I feel no grace whatsoever to offer congratulations or best wishes to such a union. I give credit where credit is due and congratulate Charlene's determination, confidence and competitiveness. I feel sorry for the monarchy of Monaco. For what I've seen, this is not a relationship based on loyalty and fidelity. Everyone woman is not like Princess Madeleine of Sweden, thus some women have different standards and will tolerate more because of less livelihood options. So no, I have no desire to follow the pack. I respect the facts and I posted the facts by posting the announcement. And, I will remain to my belief that in time the truth will reveal itself. Obviously, for the posters here the truth has culminated in an announcement of marriage which is a glorious moment for them.

Please Jaya, no need to gloat and pull up every post from those who feel like me. I will not post anything more about this and spoil posters joy. So, everyone can continue with their congratulations and best wishes and start the anticipation of all the wedding details.
No other posters predicted a marriage astrologically as they were not astrologers except another who you followed and was wrong.. I did and I heard what I am hearing from you today that I am one the pack and the pack of others and I am an accredited astrologer of forty years.My bleak predictions were the probabilities of what the worst could be not the best.You are taking me out ofcontext as you always do to suit yourself.
I am not gloating but attempting to make you comprehend that when you asked me what my accuracy rate was which you did not do to any other I said 90 percent.And I have others who will attest to this.After that forum you chased and hounded me off another forum... and still here you are atttempting to put me in my place and distort the facts and reality.
There were no other posters who astrologically were predicting. so if you know nothing about the topic and evidently you do not stop instructing me and politely entreating me because if this was you you would not spare me as for nothing you have pounced on the Princess to be and still do. Please stop this Pls jaya nonsense to save your face and what you were raised from I am speaking in astrological terms alone.
Let the festivities begin and may the couple be happy with all congratulations!

Nice!!!

I hope they will be happy together. Albert has always been very reserved person.
Thanks fandesacs2003
I thought them being in South Africa meant something - I think Pa saw Cw's parents at alas Hurrah. That ring what a shiner!Yes Albert has his mother's reseved manner.

Well, well the rumours were abundant but I never thought he would acctually do it...Bravo Albert, finally the right thing to do. Congratulations.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THEM !!!!!!!!!
It is really fantatic we are having a new wedding !!!!!!!! Waiting for it !!!!!!!

Wow! And to think yesterday, I was saying it would never happen! Yet, I had a gut feeling it would.

Anyway, congrats to the couple!

Well, at the end we've got the new!! Congratulations to both of them.
It is my personal opinion but CHarlene will have to work veeeeery hard to get the heritage of an icon as Princess Grace was . I wish I could be denied , but I feel she's unfit for such role .
Anyway, best luck happy couple!!
She is to become Albert's wife, not mother. The last thing she probably would want is to be compared to Grace. After all, Grace was two generations ago.

i think that its a long time coming..i mean if i was her i wouldnt want to be waiting forever for him and him having a companion for such a long time

Who of you think that they will marry this year?

I'm glad for both of them that they have reached a decision and will move forward. A toast to the next wedding!

wow at last!!!! Congrats to them. I am happy for Charlene. She seems to be such a nice girl. And another royal wedding ahead; Yay!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

OMG!! See??? That is why she was at the wedding!! I bet they were engaged the whole time and did not want to announce publicly until after Victoria's wedding. I am SO happy for them. She is STUNNING! I bet she will make a terrific Princess of Monaco!!!!!!

The thing is......... after Sweden's dream wedding all others will be left lacking in every way. It simply can't be beaten on any level.

If these two are each other's dream partner....then every good wish and blessing to them for a happy life. That blissful joy look certainly doesn't ooze out of them in any obvious way.

I would have said .... less is more with the ring too !!! Its a bit gaudy looking from the side view, dying to see it properly up close.

I did say it was coming right after she appeared with the family at the Grand Prix in the relationship thread and it was about time.

are albert and charlene the same height?

anyway the ring is huge....wonder how much it cost him...

haha....she is one lucky lady :) now i hope people will finally stop bashing her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom