The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
This interview was in july six months ago and it is no more new why come back on this? there other news to comment
I just saw the interview yesterday, so I commented on it yesterday. I didn't realize that there was a limitation period for when one could comment on something. Someone better inform historians all over the world that something from more than six months ago shouldn't be commented on; apparently there are other things to comment on that are more worthy...

Old 01-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

As for old news, how about the people who are still commenting on Charlene's lack of education; it must have been about 16 years ago that she decided to leave school!!!

Old 01-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Royal Highness

king Baudoin became sovereign at 20 , during the war, he was prisoner by germans, he could not go to the Rosey Collège because he was very bad, he said it himself later, he went to a college of Geneve in switzerland where he had the baccalaureat, he could not go to universitat nor to go to a military school, but he learned during his life of king and he became a graet king.King of Sweden is dyslexic and her girl, princess Victoria is also dislexic, she could not learn by seing but a teacher resumed the text she learned.It is not the studies you make, you can learn all your life if you want. I know many persons who did not go to school a long time but they know many things (history, geograpy, languages) by reading. We will see what Charlene will make, it is said that she learns a lot now(language, history of Monaco and France and Italy, the rules of the yard and the catholic religion).That is why we don't see her during long period.Wait and see
Old 01-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
As for old news, how about the people who are still commenting on Charlene's lack of education; it must have been about 16 years ago that she decided to leave school!!!

It´s not old news. She still lacks education. You don´t need to go to University to be "educated". She did nothing at all all this years, as far as I know. She´s just plain.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

The operative words are, "as far as I know". So, you, really don't know anything about how she may study different subjects in private, with a private tutor, or read a great deal of information and be educating herself that, way. And, none of us knows anything, firsthand. She is hardly plain, she is stunning.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Nobility

I saw the interview on Youtube. She seemed all right in the beginning and then seemed to falter at the end. After saying ok when the interviewer wished them well, she did say a very quick thank you. I think she is the type of person who is very off the cuff and uncensored. She perhaps speaks first and thinks about it later. I do think she needs to think about the questions and take time to deliberate things because to some she may come across as a bit aloof. I heard of an interview in which she stated she only had two friends in Monaco. A bit strange after spending so much time there and if it is true she didn't need to state the number. She could have said she met a lot of very nice people over the years and from that she has gained a number of very good friends. Being a member of a royal family you have to be diplomatic and tactful. As for education, Princess Diana was not highly educated but she was much loved. Charlene needs to be diplomatic and cautious if she doesn't want to be seen as someone who is snooty.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

I didnt realize Charlene's limited education-
Old 01-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

PrincessDianaFan, you're right about Diana being much loved. Okay, perhaps she didn't have a degree, but she would have been educated in how to behave well.

Charlene doesn't have either, as far as I can see. Let's hope she can acquire a bit of "spit and polish" in the time left before the wedding.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

i was so (negatively) impressed by this interview:

-charlene's comment: "i want to explore france" when engaged to the prince of monaco
-her reaction to the question of the children, "give us a break"
-the way the didn't even thank the interviewer when he wished all the best

i don't think her french is a problem. she will learn it as she goes along and monaco has so many international citizens. besides, many princesses, appart from maxima, did their engagement interviews in other languages or partially. what i found most off was her attitude in general, it seems very odd for an engagement interview... luckily albert was there to help.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Sorry, but I blame PA for this. He should have got a grip on the situation, well before the interview.
If he thinks that Monaco will profit from the "Charlene effect", he will have to put a lot more work into managing the situation.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

What nonsense. Yes, she, probably, wants to explore France. Not much to explore in Monaco. Asking about children is rude and give them a break!!!. I am sure they were in overdrive when he wished them the best. Perhaps, they said it privately. It was an interview, not a read speech.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:15 AM
Royal Highness

I think that this interview will come back again and again untill...?It is a bone to bit (like we are saying in France)for those who don"t like Charlene.For the Question about the children in an interview to Prince Albert about this, he said brively (give us a while)like Charlene said in this interview, Kate also said that it was not the moment to speak about this, but it was Kate.For the speech about discover France,Charlene wanted to be pleased to the french reporter and to the french people because it was an interview for the french channel A2, She agreed also for the monaco she already knew,Monaco is so small, you know this land in a week but in France there are many landscapes and montains, rivers, it was also a diplomatic answer for the france because she knows that the two lands are very near.You cannot know because you are english or american and it is very important.Princess Grace would have say this, I recall she often said that she liked very much France and Roc Agel is on the territory of the France and she was always very happy to be in France.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Serene Highness

You have an excuse for everything. This interview was a disaster. P. Albert looks embarraseed, and she was rude.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Commoner

I was really disappointed that Miss Wittstock doesn't speak French any better. :-( But who cares, Monaco is a quirky place either way.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
PrincessDianaFan, you're right about Diana being much loved. Okay, perhaps she didn't have a degree, but she would have been educated in how to behave well.

Charlene doesn't have either, as far as I can see. Let's hope she can acquire a bit of "spit and polish" in the time left before the wedding.
I don't see that Charlene behaves badly. And, I don't think she was rude. She may be nervous, out of her league, a not-so-great student or any other number of things. She has no need to go to University, as there is no such major as "Princess Studies."

It may turn out that she is a "slow study," but formal education has nothing to do with the success of a woman entering the occupation of wife and mother.

She made her country's Olympic team. Hardly any athlete can make it that far without coaching to find the best techniques for winning. She obviously has the capacity to follow instructions and learn.

I'd like to see her emerge as the brightest gem in the diadem of Europe's princesses.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with Melina. I noticed that PG and PC always managed to get a French reference in when talking to American reporters on television.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Aristocracy

Who cares about the interview, it's long over, i'm sure she can only get better.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Aristocracy

I think CW was really nervous but the interview was really a disaster. And when it comes to her abilities speaking French, I'm not impressed at all. 4 years are 4 years and you'd think she'd have access to the best teachers. I honestly hope she's aware of what a mess that interview was. Maybe it's time Charlene takes things a bit more seriously.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
It´s not old news. She still lacks education. You don´t need to go to University to be "educated". She did nothing at all all this years, as far as I know. She´s just plain.
As Princess she is supposed to be an example to young girls. What's the message here? Even Mette Merit when back to school and got her degree. Just sayin...
Old 02-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
As Princess she is supposed to be an example to young girls. What's the message here? Even Mette Merit when back to school and got her degree. Just sayin...
Exactly! A school drop out is not a good image for the next generations of kids...let's hope she will continue her studies some day.

Tags
charlene, engagement, interview, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene