Worst Royal Jewels 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know about you but I personally am not a fan of the poppy tiara of Queen Margarethe II of denmark and also the tiara that was given to princess madeline of sweden for her 18th birthday.

QMIIs golden poppies. QEIIs aquamarine parure and Queen Sonjas wonder woman tiara.

At first, I liked Queen Elizabeth's Aquamarine tiara for being different but now I don't like it.I love the aquamarines but not the design.

At first, I liked Queen Elizabeth's Aquamarine tiara for being different but now I don't like it.I love the aquamarines but not the design.

The design is awful. I think the bigger stones need to be recut and a new more delicate design created with more diamonds and fewer or at least smaller aquamarines. The same with the rest of the parure which also is set with large aquamarines. They could make other necklaces, earrings, brooches, bracelets and rings with the left over smaller stones. Maybe even create a suite for Sophie to go with her aquamarine tiara.

I love the Aquamarine Tiara; it's one of the few less conventional pieces of the BRF.
I do hope it won't be broken into pieces, even though some gorgeous necklaces and brooches could indeed be composed.

:previous:
It's not a family heirloom.
Victoria Lockwood's engagement ring was modelled after a diamond and ruby ring that was a gift from Princess Feodora of Leiningen to her half-sister Queen Victoria on the occasion of her marriage to Prince Albert. The ring was quite a typical example of the romantic movement of the time.
I like the original better; it's not quite as pretentious as the one Earl Spencer chose to give to Victoria Lockwood.

Without the coronet, I would really like (and would wear) Ms. Lockwood's ring. It's that crown thing that spoils it.

My God, the bad taste just never ends. It is called creative stupidity or creative tastelessness. It is taste and intelligence turned up on its head. The Madeleine thinge looks like something ordered for a high school prom from wall mart and that ring appears to be some bijoux to be used in one of the medieval Hollywood sci-fi specials. Lord will it never end. Cheers.

The aquarmarine tiara looks like it has a headlight on the front; not the best design. And I don't think I'd want that ruby and diamond coronet ring as an engagement ring; it looks like it's tarnishing on the top and that design looks awful.

Baroness of Books said:
The aquarmarine tiara looks like it has a headlight on the front; not the best design. And I don't think I'd want that ruby and diamond coronet ring as an engagement ring; it looks like it's tarnishing on the top and that design looks awful.

Headlight....rofl I'm not crazy about it either. I tend to like the tiaras/coronets that Prince Albert gave Queen Victoria. But that's prolly another thread....

Nice collection and I must admit I'd be quite happy if the Danish Golden Poppies Tiara was never seen again :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The Golden Poppies (although I will admit that individually the craftsmanship is superb, they just shouldn't be worn together) and Elizabeth II's craft projects are at the top of my list, but other than those...

The Dutch Aquamarines (seriously, it seems like every tiara that uses that stone is hideous), the Dutch Rubies (both of them, although their designs are more "flawed" than "worst"), the Dutch Emeralds...

From Sweden I will list both of the buttons, the 18th Birthday tiaras of both of the princesses, the Nine Prong, and the bit of barbed wire that's holding those beautiful pendants hostage.

And for the most controversial one of them all: The Cambridge Lover's Knot. I know, heresy and before I tie myself to that stake surrounded by firewood I will say it's because the "lover's knots" look like pretzels to me. And food and tiaras should not go together, imo.

My God, the bad taste just never ends. It is called creative stupidity or creative tastelessness. It is taste and intelligence turned up on its head. The Madeleine thinge looks like something ordered for a high school prom from wall mart and that ring appears to be some bijoux to be used in one of the medieval Hollywood sci-fi specials. Lord will it never end. Cheers.

Thomas Parkman, you never fail to bring a smile to my face with your comments!!!! Thank you!!:flowers:

Ugh... Each of those just got worse and worse as I clicked on the picture links lol... They are hideous...

:previous:
Which just goes to show that while some jewellers may be proficient craftsmen, their lack of design expertise is all too obvious. Or that the commisioning client could not be dissuaded and insisted their own design be followed. The result is that those tiaras which are considered to be true works of the jeweller's art stand out even more. Hopefully this will contribute to their preservation, avoiding the dismal fate of being broken up and destroyed in order to make engagement rings.

I think Princess Astrid must have drawn the short straw when the tiaras were being handed out. To have one peculiar piece is one thing, but two is awfully bad luck. Next on my list is Queen Maria Pia's fairy queen number. :)

I adore Princess Astrid!! At least she knows how awful that winged tiara is and makes jokes about it!!! Lovely lady:flowers:

Princess Astrid's tiaras are the worst Tiaras ive seen, both are hideous.
The Golden Poppies are tricky, i think if they are used in the right position in the hair (maybe more on the back) it could do another presentation.

The Golden Poppies are just such a mystery to me-how could anyone think that they would look good??? It is a good thing it is Queen Margarethe wearing them, she ALMOST pulls it off!!!!:)

Does Princess Astrid make jokes about it? Good for her! :lol:
I think Queen Margarethe has a sense of humour. Maybe she's daring people to comment. :)

Yes, Princess Astrid does, bless her heart. She joked when wearing those wingy things that she can receive some sort of radio transmission from Russia or something (readers: correct me if I am wrong please)!!! And to your Queen Margarethe comment, YES, she is wonderful in that way, such a unique person/:flowers:

I think it was more along the lines of getting radio transmissions from both Moscow and London.

I like Princess Charlene's "mist" tiara...subtle but sparkly. I agree the huge aquamarine tiara is a waste of a gorgeous gem. I think Mabel's tiara is a nice, subtle tiara...I know she wears wild clothes ( or did before Friso had his accident) but the tiara is very nice, in my opinion, not ostentatious. I like subtle non-grand tiaras for use in all but extreme high occasions of state. I guess my favorite tiara is the one Sophie wore to the nuptials in Luxembourg. It's pretty big, but it's stones are gorgeous, and Sophie has a wide face and strong hair that will carry it off--Sophie looks more regal all the time. I like the small floral Tessy wore to the pre-wedding banquet in Luxembourg. Girls with delicate small faces should not wear heavy broad tiaras, and Tessy looked lovely and feminine.
Alexandra also looked just right in the small floral. I saw a pic of Alexandra on another thread, with her parents at an event in Notre Dame de Paris, and she looked much more glamorous than usual. No tiara in that event.

Bavarian - too "tall"
Button _ Madeline looks okay in them
18th bday - no comment!
Pronger - Silvia knows how to wear can wear any tiara
Astris tiaras - as I said before, only the Dear Astrid can do those!

Back
Top Bottom