The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Courtier

When Diana died (I thought) her beautiful jewelry was split between William & Harry with the majority going to Harry -- as William would have the crown jewels.............
William keeps gifting his bride with some lovely pieces of Diana.............does Harry still have his mothers jewelry or was it sold?
When Charles passes-on what happens to all the jewelry that Camilla wears...does she get to keep it, or does it get split between William & Harry.......does Camilla's two children receive their share?

Old 10-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Diana's personal jewellery was divided between William and Harry.
We don't know who made the division, how it was made, or who received what. There is no evidence that any piece has been sold (apart from anything else, neither William nor Harry need the money!).
Jewellery "on permanent loan" was returned to the Queen on her death (eg the Lover's Knot tiara, the Cambridge Emeralds bracelet/choker).

Camilla's jewellery falls into four categories:
• the jewels she brought with her into the marriage;
• post-marriage jewels privately gifted to her by the Prince of Wales, friends, relatives etc;
• jewellery "on permanent loan" from the Queen (eg the Greville diamond tiara, the Royal Family Order);
• jewellery received in her position as Duchess of Cornwall (eg the three Saudi ruby, sapphire and emerald demi-parures).

The first two categories are her personal and private property and can be disposed of or bequeathed as she sees fit.
The latter two categories will, on her death, pass to the Sovereign.
Whether she survives or pre-deceases Charles makes no difference, the outcome is the same.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I can picture Isabella and Josphine sharing Mary's wedding tiara.Her ruby tiara may be given to Christian's future wife.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Royal Highness

Mary's wedding tiara would indeed be a good starter tiara, but once Josephine turns 18, they will need two tiaras for the girls. The turquoise bandeau also would be a nice tiara for young princesses. But the best way would be to acquire new tiaras for them, so that they can own a tiara of their own without diminishing the royal jewel collection further.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well, by that point, Mary will a have use of many more tiaras, as will her girls, and Christian's future wife.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Heir Apparent

If Victoria has a daughter,then I could picture her getting her mother's 18th birthday tiara.(Which I don't like!) As for her wedding,I am sure she will wear the Cameo tiara.

As for Carl Philip's future wife,I could picture her wearing the Modern Fringe tiara for her wedding.

As for Maria Olympia,the Fringe tiara,that MC owns,for her wedding.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like it for a very, very young princess. And only in that context.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
As for Carl Philip's future wife,I could picture her wearing the Modern Fringe tiara for her wedding.
Hm, as this bride potentially could be Sofia Hellqvist, and as it is said, that her relationship to Prss Madeleine is below zero degrees, I hope, that a potential future Princess Sofia will get her own tiara (a completely new one) in oder to avoid even greater tensions with the main wearer of this tiara, Madde.

Bye Bine
Old 02-15-2012, 01:38 AM
Nobility

I think the wife of Prince Carl Philip will get Princess Lilians "Laurel wreath tiara". I'm quite sure that i read somewhere that Prince Bertil wanted that Lilians jewels should pass to Prince Carl Philips wife upon her death. She's still alive but i don't think we will se her during à representation dinner or the Nobel ceremonies anymore. If it Will be Sofia i can imagine her wearing the 4 button tiara or the modern fringe tiara too. But i agree with you that they should avoid the modern fringe tiara if there is à conflict between her and Madeleine to not make it worse. And i wouldn't be surprised if she will get a completely new tiara as a wedding gift from Carl Philip.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

If Princess Madeline were to marry next and wear the Cameo Tiara, then I feel P Carl Phillips future wife would marry in it too. We will have to see if it is to be reserved for future Queen's use only.......
Old 05-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Majesty

updated list

Updated list 2012-02-23

so the list of girls that will probebly wear tiaras and other jewllery at the age of 18 is

Princess Kako of Akishino (Japan)
Princess Iman of Jordan
Princess Salma of Jordan
Princess Elisabeth of Belgium
Princess Eléonore of Belgium
Princess Chatrine-Amelia the Netherlands
Princess Alexia of The Netherlands
Princess Ariana of the Netherlands
Princess Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway
Infanta Leonra of Spain
Infanta Sofia of Spain
Princess Isabella of Denmark
Princess Josephine of Denmark
Princess Aiko of Denmark
Princess of denmark
Princess of Estelle of Sweden

Maybe tiaras at thier wedding and maybe other royal weddings and birthdays galas
Maud Angelica, Norway
Leah Isadora, Norway
Emma Tallula, Norway
Victoria Federica, Spain
Irene, Sapin
Maria-Olympia, Greace
Arrietta, Greace
Ana María, Greace
Amelia, Greace
Countess Luana, Netherlands
Countess Zaria, Netherlands

Countess Eloise, Netherlands
Count Claus-Casimir, Netherlands
Countess Leonore, Netherlands
Princess Louise of Belgium

Princes that later on get marrried and their wife will wear tiaras
Prince christian of Denmark
Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway
Prince Emanuel of Belgium
Prince Gabriel of Belgium
Prince Nikolai of Denmark
Prince Felix of Denmark
Prince Henrik of Denmark
Prince Nicolas of Belgium
Prince Aymeric of Belgium

Princes that are older and will get married a bit sonner then the kids
Prince Carl Philip Of Sweden
Prince Harry of Wales
Prince Phillipos, Greece
Prince Sebastian of Luxemburg
Prince Felix of Luxemburg
Prince Hussein of Jordan
Prince Hashem of Jordan
Prince Hisahito of Akishino (Japan)

Older princesses, likely to wear tiara at thier wedding
Princess Beatrice of York
Princess Eugenie of York

New
Grand duke Guillaume fiancé Stephanie

how about princess astrid of belgium do you think her dughters and dughter in law will wear a tiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I think the wife of Prince Carl Philip will get Princess Lilians "Laurel wreath tiara".
i also seen in lilians Autobiography her wish were that the tiara would go to Victoria.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:39 AM
Nobility

The ladies of the Swedish RF share very much what is in the collection, so I would doubt that Carl Philip would buy a new tiara....
I was also reading that CP will inherit the jewels and fortune of Prince Bertil/Pr. Lilian - so I think that there is a good chance that the laurel wreath tiara goes to him - unless they want to keep the historic pieces in the family foundation.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I have a feeling Isabella, Josephine, Athena and Princess Maria-Olympia will wear the Khedive of Egypt tiara on their wedding day, as all of Queen Ingrid's descendants have worn the tiara on their wedding day. I really hope so since it's a very stunning tiara!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Gentry

If it is true that the swedish RF bought back that tiara I am hoping that we will se it at either the wedding in Luxemburg or the Nobel festivites
Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
The ladies of the Swedish RF share very much what is in the collection, so I would doubt that Carl Philip would buy a new tiara....
I was also reading that CP will inherit the jewels and fortune of Prince Bertil/Pr. Lilian - so I think that there is a good chance that the laurel wreath tiara goes to him - unless they want to keep the historic pieces in the family foundation.
I seem to recall reading that Princess Lillians' collection was destined for Madeleine?
Old 10-25-2012, 07:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
Maybe not buy a tiara, but as he's a designer he might want to create a tiara for his future wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
I seem to recall reading that Princess Lillians' collection was destined for Madeleine?
No, I've always heard that Carl Philip will inherit the jewels, perhaps with some exceptions that will be given to Victoria and Madeleine as memories.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:09 AM
Majesty

This kind of small tiara with a better bace i would like to see for princess Estelle for her frist tiara

Here is an other tiara good becouse its also works as à small necklace
Old 12-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I can see Mette-Marit's daisy tiara going to her daughter. I've always thought it a style and weight suitable to a young princess.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Majesty

The daisy tiara would goo on a young princess
Old 12-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Nobility

[QhUOTE=IloveCP;1470363]I have a feeling Isabella, Josephine, Athena and Princess Maria-Olympia will wear the Khedive of Egypt tiara on their wedding day, as all of Queen Ingrid's descendants have worn the tiara on their wedding day. I really hope so since it's a very stunning tiara![/QUOTE]

I am always sad when I think about this tiara because I really think that it should have stayed with the queen!

Tags
jewellery, tiaras, young royals