Tiaras and Jewels for the Next Generation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dont think that any of queen elizabeth's grand daughters will get to keep tiaras...they may be able to wear them for their weddings. i think only the wives and children of william and harry will get them

You never know. If I remember correctly, don't Lady Linley and Lady Sarah Chatto have tiaras at their disposal?

I like the way the Swedish royal family has dealt with tiaras for Victoria and Madeleine. They usually wear smaller, less grand tiaras than their mother, but still very prettty.

You never know. If I remember correctly, don't Lady Linley and Lady Sarah Chatto have tiaras at their disposal?
Linley/Chatto inherited the Poltimore tiara on the death of Princess Margaret. They did not have access to any jewellery other than than beonging to PM, or what they may have received as presents from the Queen or the Queen Mother.

Unfortunately, the Poltimore tiara was subsequently sold as both the children did not feel they could put it to good use and preferred the cash instead! This is one of the reasons why the Queen has only given "serious" jewellery to Camilla or Diana previously, and not really to Anne, Sarah or Sophie as typically, minor royals do not have much use for the jewels, and often they end up being sold and leaving the royal family

Last edited:
i dont think that any of queen elizabeth's grand daughters will get to keep tiaras...they may be able to wear them for their weddings. i think only the wives and children of william and harry will get them
Could not agree more. The girls are unlikely to receive tiaras. They may use the one given to their mother on her wedding.

Zara is not HRH. Beatrice & Eugenie will have need of tiaras when attending state banquets etc. Given the fact that her father is not married at present it has been suggested that Beatrice will become her father's partner @ such functions now that she is 18. Once she finishes school she will be taking up duties. There is going to be some shortage of royals to cover duties in the next few years. The Duchess of Kent has retired, Princess Alexandra turns 70 at Christmas. With the deaths of Pncss Margaret & the Queen Mum and Andrew's lack of a wife there is a dearth of royal ladies to perform the expected duties. At present there is only Camilla, Sophie, Anne, the Duchess of Gloucester & Princess Michael. In that group Camilla turns 60 next year, the DoGlstr is nearly 61, Anne is 56 and, I think, Princess Michael is a similar age. That only leaves Sophie in the under 45 bracket & it is not inconceivable that she may have another child. Beatrice & Eugenie are going to have to take up some of the slack at least until William & Harry acquire wives. :flowers:

I seriously doubt Beatrice and Eugenie will ever be part of state banquents or be appearing at state occassions in tiaras. The current mood is very much one of reducing the royal entourgae rather than increasing it!

Linley/Chatto inherited the Poltimore tiara on the death of Princess Margaret. They did not have access to any jewellery other than than beonging to PM, or what they may have received as presents from the Queen or the Queen Mother.

Unfortunately, the Poltimore tiara was subsequently sold as both the children did not feel they could put it to good use and preferred the cash instead! This is one of the reasons why the Queen has only given "serious" jewellery to Camilla or Diana previously, and not really to Anne, Sarah or Sophie as typically, minor royals do not have much use for the jewels, and often they end up being sold and leaving the royal family

Additionally, Linley and Sarah did not sell the following pieces:
The Turquoise Parue (Thank GOD!)
The Papyrus Motif pearl and diamond tiara (worn by the Queen Mother and described as Egyptian in style, also worn by Lady Serena Stanhope on her wedding to day to David Linley)
The Snowden Floral Tiara
The Teck Circle Necklace/Tiara

So, hopefully we will see them at some point.

Thanks Janet, I thought they still had some.

Lady Sarah Chatto wore the Snowdon Floral Tiara on her wedding day (and it is gorgeous). It looks a lot like the Spanish floral tiara

Additionally, Linley and Sarah did not sell the following pieces:
The Turquoise Parue (Thank GOD!)
The Papyrus Motif pearl and diamond tiara (worn by the Queen Mother and described as Egyptian in style, also worn by Lady Serena Stanhope on her wedding to day to David Linley)
The Snowden Floral Tiara
The Teck Circle Necklace/Tiara

So, hopefully we will see them at some point.

I am of the opinion that all except the Snowdon tiara will have been returned to the Queen. Linley may have been permitted to retain the Papyrus for his wifes' use but I think that all would be returnable to BP when not required. If this were not the case I'm sure Linley would have sold them being the mercenary sort that he is.

I am of the opinion that all except the Snowdon tiara will have been returned to the Queen. Linley may have been permitted to retain the Papyrus for his wifes' use but I think that all would be returnable to BP when not required. If this were not the case I'm sure Linley would have sold them being the mercenary sort that he is.

I hope that they were returned, especially the circle necklace the turquoise because it has been in the family for so long. I get its provenence confused with the Gloucester's parue, but I think they are both breathtaking--and I don't particulary care for turquoise! That is the power of a good design. As for the circle necklace, it was Queen Mary's mother's and should remain in the family. It would look nice with the Grand Duchess Vladimir's tiara with the pearls or just plain.

I laughed out loud and almost choked on my tea when I read your description of Linley being a mercenary. Very accurate, I find him to be reprehensible. His wife, by the way, is loaded. I cannot imagine letting my husband sell off tiaras and necklaces--especially the riviere. HORRORS. Selfish lot of them.

I sincerely hope that the jewels would have been returned to the Crown, but I somehow doubt it - unless it had clearly been agreed when they were given to Margaret. If it had not expressly been agreed, I suspect they will rmain with her children. I also think the Queen is very soft with Linley, and sees it as her responsibility to look after her sisters children.

Last edited by a moderator:
Selfish??/ Perhaps. Greedy, Most Certainly. Linley really is not one of the most admirable of royals to say the least.

That may be a bit harsh, Thomas. I met David Linley in London once, and he actually seemed like a pretty nice guy.

I sort of understand why he and his sister decided to sell their mother's jewellery. They really don't need that much, as they are not senior royals and do not attend the same number of formal events as some of the other members of the family. How many tiaras can one person need? Especially when you wear a tiara maybe once a year, twice at the most? It would take a decade to wear all the jewellery even once.

I also disagree that everything will be returned to the Windsors. I think the Papyrus, Snowdon, and Turquoise tiaras will likely be kept by the Snowdons. If any were to be returned, I would guess that the Papyrus is most likely, as it has a connection to the royal family. The others really don't.

Prince of Chota, I agree that the Snowden tiara would remain. In fact, Lady Sarah wore it for her wedding so I doubt she would be willing to give it up. Serena wore the Papyrus for her wedding, so she may want to keep that one for the family. As for the turquoise--well, I just love it. It was wedding gift from King George V and Queen Mary to Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (the future Queen Elizabeth then QEQM) when she married the Duke of York. The Duke of Gloucester also has a beautiful turquoise parue--one is older than the other, but I never can remember which. But, this one that we are discussing has royal significance. We didn't see it sold at the auction, it has royal history---and it is the only complete parue that Linely has at his disposal so he may well have kept it. Personally, I would prefer to think that Charles inherited it from his Aunt Margaret, because then we could see the lovely Camilla wearing it, but most likely Lord Linley has it. Serena is beautiful, I'm sure she'll look beautiful in it.

As the tiara is no longer owned by the Belgian Royal Family it falls outside of the ambit of this thread which is more about tiaras from existing collections.

I know they don't own it anymore, but I hope that one day they can get in back. I just think it would be the perfect gift for Elisabeth when she becomes 18 of when she becomes queen.

Belgium definitely needs some new jewels, or needs to get the old ones back. I think they are being careful not to spend money on things like that, though, which might be viewed as ostentatious.

Maybe they could get away with it if they promised that the tiara would be kept "for all future queens" rather than be sold off in the next generation.

I think Elisabeth would look good with the tiara Claire wore on her wedding day. It is small, simple but pretty and delicate- perfect for someone with her mother's bone structure

Then when Philippe becomes king, Elisabeth can move on to something larger. When she herself becomes queen, she can wear something really majestic!

i would love to see Leonor on her wedding day in the same tiara that Letizia and Sofia wore on their wedding day to keep on the tradition it would be really nice touch i think

I was wondering what other tiaras will be available to Princess Mary and Princess Marie - other than the ones that Mary wears and the one Princess Marie wore at her wedding.

I have seen a few pictures of Queen Margrethe wearing different tiaras (but can't find a website or thread showing them all).

Which tiaras will be available for Princess Isabella?

Mary and Marie have worn all the tiaras currently available to them. Mary has her wedding tiara and Queen Ingrid's ruby parure, and Marie has her wedding tiara. When Mary becomes queen she will have all of the danish royal tiaras at her disposal, which includes Margrethe's pearl tiara, floral aignette, and Margrethe's other tiaras (hopefully not those horrid poppies though!)

I'd like to see Mary in a more substantial diamond tiara. She looks stunning in the rubies and I like the delicate design of her wedding tiara, but it just looks kind of "dinky" compared to Marie's wedding tiara. But, I don't know exactly what Margareth has in the way of tiaras.

so the lsirt of girls that will probebly wear tiaras and other jewllery at the age of 18 is

Princess Elisabeth
Princess Eléonore
Princess Chatrine-Amelia
Princess Alexia
Princess Ariana
Princess Ingrid-Alexandra
Princess Leonra
Princess Sofia
Princess Isabella
Princess Aiko (does princess wear tiaras before marrige)

Maybe tiaras at thier wedding and maybe other royal weddings and birthdays galas
Maud Angelica
Leah Isadora
Emma Tallula
Victoria Federica
Irene
Maria-Olympia
Arrietta
Ana María
Amelia

Princes that later on get marrried and their wife will wear tiaras
Prince christian
Prince Sverre Magnus
Prince Emanuel
Prince Gabriel
Prince Nikolai
Prince Felix

Princes that are older and will get married a bit sonner then the kids
Prince Albert
Prince Carl Philip
Prince William
Prince Harry
Prince Nicholas
Prince Phillipos
Grand duke Guillaume
Prince Sebastian
Prince Felix

Maybe they could get away with it if they promised that the tiara would be kept "for all future queens" rather than be sold off in the next generation.

I wholeheartly agree - given that the Belgium RF is not that bad off - I am wondering, why they have such a small number of jewels available. And come on - I don't think that people would mind - if they create something like the Dutch jewelry foundation -which would mean, that jewels belong to the crown and can be lent to members of the RF. So let's start to look for some nice new tiaras for the RF. :lol:
Bentley & Skinner - Jewellery Search

I wholeheartly agree - given that the Belgium RF is not that bad off - I am wondering, why they have such a small number of jewels available. And come on - I don't think that people would mind - if they create something like the Dutch jewelry foundation -which would mean, that jewels belong to the crown and can be lent to members of the RF. So let's start to look for some nice new tiaras for the RF. :lol:
I would love to see the Belgium family with another tiara also, but I have always read that they are not that well off, although what do we really know? Thanks for the link to the jewelry store. Incredible;)!!!

new list
have i forgotten anyone
Princess Elisabeth
Princess Eléonore

the duch princesses will wear different tiaras quite soon after the first events
Princess Chatrine-Amelia (first tiara Antique Pearl Tiara)
Princess Alexia (first tiara Diamond Bandeau Tiara)
Princess Ariana (first tiara Pearl Button Tiara)

Princess Ingrid-Alexandra (Queen Louisa´s Circle Tiara)
Princess Leonra (Her mother new tiara, we have not seen this yet)
Princess Sofia
Princess Isabella (queen Marys wedding tiara)
Princess Josephine (new) (diamond and turqiose bandeau tiara
)

Princess Aiko (does princess wear tiaras before marrige)

Maybe tiaras at thier wedding and maybe other royal weddings and birthdays galas
Maud Angelica
Leah Isadora
Emma Tallula
Victoria Federica
Irene
Maria-Olympia
Arrietta
Ana María
Amelia

Princes that later on get marrried and their wife will wear tiaras
Prince christian
Prince Vincent (new)
Prince Sverre Magnus
Prince Emanuel
Prince Gabriel
Prince Nikolai
Prince Felix
Prince Henrik(new)

Princes that are older and will get married a bit sonner then the kids
Prince Albert
Prince Carl Philip
Prince Harry
Prince Phillipos
Grand duke Guillaume
Prince Sebastian

Last edited:

Any of these would be great for Harry's wife, or anybody. I know I would wear them.

I could picture Ingrid of Norway wear her mothers wedding tiara on her wedding day.Also,Victoria's daughter wears the Cameo on her wedding day.

Back
Top Bottom