The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 11:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
She would have access to all of those owned by the BRF for all her married life....I would expect her to wear a BRF tiara just as Kate did...they have no shortage of them.

LaRae
As to what jewels Harry's wife may or may not have access to, is really for the monarch of the day / the head of the family to decide. The BRF tend to work on the basis of specific jewels being provided to specific people, with relatively little sharing or borrowing, unlike say, the Swedes or the Dutch who share a lot of jewelery.

Quote:
I would expect her to wear a BRF tiara just as Kate did...they have no shortage of them.

LaRae
It is entirely possible Harry's wife will be provided with a tiara that has either been acquired for the purpose, or something that has been repurposed from the royal vaults. IMO, it is unlikely a BRF tiara would be provided. After Queen Mary's bequests to all her children, the BRF has been very careful of what is provided to non-main line members of the BRF. We saw that with Anne, Sarah, Sophie, and to a lesser extent, with Margaret.

Old 09-03-2017, 11:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
As to what jewels Harry's wife may or may not have access to, is really for the monarch of the day / the head of the family to decide. The BRF tend to work on the basis of specific jewels being provided to specific people, with relatively little sharing or borrowing, unlike say, the Swedes or the Dutch who share a lot of jewelery.

It is entirely possible Harry's wife will be provided with a tiara that has either been acquired for the purpose, or something that has been repurposed from the royal vaults. IMO, it is unlikely a BRF tiara would be provided. After Queen Mary's bequests to all her children, the BRF has been very careful of what is provided to non-main line members of the BRF. We saw that with Anne, Sarah, Sophie, and to a lesser extent, with Margaret.

Guess we will have to wait and see...my bet is a family tiara loaned for the big day. As far as family jewels go...we know both boys have access to what they inherited from their mother.

LaRae

Old 09-03-2017, 12:11 PM
Nobility

I looked at the link for Diana's jewels and I think Harry may take a different route. He may commission the royal jeweler to make an original engagement ring for Meghan and give one of Diana's jewels as a wedding present. The emerald cut Aquamarine ring and the matching bracelet could be one; the emerald choker Diana wore in Australia could be another. The gifts from Charles and the queen would be interesting as well.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The emerald choker Diana wore is better known as the Cambridge emerald choker and was just a lifetime loan to Diana from the Queen and has since been returned to the vault as the Lover's Knot tiara was.

Personally, I think Harry will pick a ring that is totally unique to Meghan. Whether or not it contains any jewels from his mother is anyone's guess at this point. I'm leaning towards an emerald as it would fantabulous on Meghan.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The emerald choker Diana wore is better known as the Cambridge emerald choker and was just a lifetime loan to Diana from the Queen and has since been returned to the vault as the Lover's Knot tiara was.

Personally, I think Harry will pick a ring that is totally unique to Meghan. Whether or not it contains any jewels from his mother is anyone's guess at this point. I'm leaning towards an emerald as it would fantabulous on Meghan.
I agree that an emerald would be perfect for Meghan. I’m also a fan of perhaps a ruby?

I do like the idea of something unique being designed for Meghan, with the use of some of Diana’s jewels.

I don’t know why, but I never really liked Diana’s ring - but I do like the sentiment of Catherine wearing it.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
I agree that an emerald would be perfect for Meghan. I’m also a fan of perhaps a ruby?

I do like the idea of something unique being designed for Meghan, with the use of some of Diana’s jewels.

I don’t know why, but I never really liked Diana’s ring - but I do like the sentiment of Catherine wearing it.
I'm hoping for one of Diana's emeralds or the aquamarine re-set for Meghan (if they marry).

LaRae
Old 09-03-2017, 05:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I'm hoping for one of Diana's emeralds or the aquamarine re-set for Meghan (if they marry).

LaRae
That aquamarine ring is GORGEOUS!!! I think it would be fabulous as an engagement ring and it would be even more special because it was Harry's mother's.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
That aquamarine ring is GORGEOUS!!! I think it would be fabulous as an engagement ring and it would be even more special because it was Harry's mother's.

It would be a statement ring for sure! I love the sentimental value it would carry, if Harry uses a stone from one of his mother's rings or from one of of her other pieces of jewelry as the main stone for an engagement ring.

LaRae
Old 09-03-2017, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
It is lovely, but aquamarines are generally considered inferior to rubies, diamonds, emeralds and sapphires.
So I don't think Harry would use that as an engagement ring.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
It is lovely, but aquamarines are generally considered inferior to rubies, diamonds, emeralds and sapphires.
So I don't think Harry would use that as an engagement ring.
Inferior according to who? If a woman likes them she wears them...and that stone of Diana's is gorgeous..I'm not sure how any woman would think ...oh he only got me a 10 carat (or whatever it is) aquamarine ..how inferior!

LaRae
Old 09-04-2017, 01:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I still don't see her in a tiara and full on white wedding dress etc. I think it will be a much more low key wedding
Old 09-04-2017, 02:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I still don't see her in a tiara and full on white wedding dress etc. I think it will be a much more low key wedding

I think there is almost zero chance Prince Harry has a low key wedding. He's too high profile a member of the Royal Family.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:44 AM
Majesty

She's marrying a prince of the BRF ...she'll have a tiara on.

LaRae
Old 10-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Aristocracy

Also, why wouldn't Meghan wear a tiara from the vault? What tiara's are available to other than the Cambridge Knot (which I don't think she should wear).
Old 10-01-2017, 07:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
Also, why wouldn't Meghan wear a tiara from the vault? What tiara's are available to other than the Cambridge Knot (which I don't think she should wear).
I fully expect Meghan to wear a tiara...I hope it's one of the BRF tiaras in the vault. There's plenty to choose from. Some will be off limits because they are already earmarked and worn by the Queen, Camilla or Kate etc. It's possible they could make a new one...but I hope not.

Tiaras: From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: TIARAS & CROWNS

http://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2016...al-tiaras.html

http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity...n-tiara-guide/

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/...l-central.html

LaRae
Old 10-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Aristocracy

Re tiaras, I like the Girls of Great Britain, Queen Mary Fringe Tiara, the Kokoshnik Tiara or the Strathmore Rose Tiara, the Teck Crescent or the Nizam Tiara for Meghan's wedding day.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:29 PM
Majesty

One thing to realize about tiaras is that not all of them are available for loan within the family. Some tiaras are earmarked only to be worn by the monarch.

I don't see any *major* tiaras being loaned out for Harry's wedding. Something similar to the Halo or the Strathmore Rose tiara will probably be what we see if a totally new tiara isn't commissioned.

I'd also not be one bit surprised if Meghan ditches the tiara/veil combination and just goes with flowers/a flower in her hair. She's simplistic in that way.

There is also a thread specific to tiaras for Harry's future wife

Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's future wife
Old 10-01-2017, 07:32 PM
Aristocracy

If Meghan does not wear a tiara, I think it needs to be stated above and beyond that that was her choice, otherwise, some negative conclusions could be drawn.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
If Meghan does not wear a tiara, I think it needs to be stated above and beyond that that was her choice, otherwise, some negative conclusions could be drawn.
Who is going to be coming to negative conclusions? If you're meaning the general public and the media, to be honest, when it comes to how Harry and Meghan's wedding will go down, they won't even be anywhere near being considered and/or needing to be explained to or have what is going on qualified and quantified to "please" the masses. They've better things to do with their time.

Negative conclusions are most likely to happen no matter what if we look at the track record of the tabloids and those out to make a quick buck or call attention to themselves. They will be paid no attention to by the people they write about at all.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Re tiaras, I like the Girls of Great Britain, Queen Mary Fringe Tiara, the Kokoshnik Tiara or the Strathmore Rose Tiara, the Teck Crescent or the Nizam Tiara for Meghan's wedding day.
She won't get the Girls; that is the Queen's favorite tiara and she doesn't loan it out.

I was thinking she may get the lotus, since Kate now has the Cambridge Knot.
(Unless Kate still has both).
The Strathmore Rose would be nice, if it is still intact. (Nobody has seen it in a long time).

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry