Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I hope we get a picture!!!! I'm so curious to know which one she's wearing

We've got a picture of Camilla arriving before, and if people are tweeting we'll possible get some kind of picture.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 3m
Diamond tiara & diamond drop earrings for Kate tonight as she joins HM at one of the most glittering events of the year at Buckingham Palace

I'm glad that Victoria wore the beautiful cut steel tiara, and saved the Baden Fringe hopefully to the Nobel events. Nice to see the queen with the Connaught tiara tonight.

I agree, great tiara choices tonight from Silvia and Victoria :) Is Silvia wearing the amethyst tiara or the amethyst braccelets as necklase ?

I agree, great tiara choices tonight from Silvia and Victoria :) Is Silvia wearing the amethyst tiara or the amethyst braccelets as necklase ?
To me it appears to be the amethyst bracelets. The stones in the original necklace, now the tiara, are much bigger.

To me it appears to be the amethyst bracelets. The stones in the original necklace, now the tiara, are much bigger.
Yes it are the bracelets. In the original necklace/now tiara there are aslo daimonds betweend the amethysts. Don't think it has been worn as necklace since it was converted to a tiara and the Queen also said it is very heavy and uncomfortable to wear as necklace.

Catherine is wearing the Papyrus or Lotus Flower Tiara
Mark Stewart | The Duchess of Cambridge wears the Queen Mother
:D:D:D I can't stop grinning! So Queen Mum's papyrus tiara is out and about again! And the newest Duchess is finally wearing a tiara again. If only they would allow for decent picture moments. (It would be nice to also see the Queen, Camilla, Sophie, Anne... wouldn't it?) But at least there are some pics of Kate, I shouldn't be complaining.

ACK, you're right! I blame the excitement over finally seeing Kate in a tiara, my poor brain!

I'm curious; if this tiara is still owned by Viscount Linley, how did Kate wind up wearing it?

I'm curious; if this tiara is still owned by Viscount Linley, how did Kate wind up wearing it?

Kensington Palace confirmed it was on loan from the Queen, so I think it's safe to assume the tiara was never left to Viscount Linley, and was probably a lifetime loan to Princess Margaret that went back to the Queen when she died.

May never have been owned by Linley. Was used by Princess Margaret - therefore may have been on loan and went back to HMQ

I'm beginning to wonder if it ever belonged to Viscount Linley or even Princess Margaret herself. It could be that this was a lifetime loan from the Queen Mother and passed to the QEII with the rest of her jewels. If it was Margaret's property, then it could be that she left it to her sister. The only problem I can see with this is if HM received this tiara in 2002 (from either the Oueen Mother or Princess Margaret) then why wasn't it included in Hugh Roberts' book?

Either way, its reappearance is exciting because its whereabouts have been a rather big question mark for over a decade now.

I'm glad the tiara was on loan to the Linley's and given back to The Queen because they probably would've sold it. Now we know its on loan to The Duchess of Cambridge.

Thanks all, the loan of the Papyrus tiara to Princess Margaret sounds like a viable explanation. Now if only the Strathmore Rose tiara was refurbished, what a lovely tiara for Kate to wear as well.

I'm now wondering if the turquoise tiara is in HM's possession as well...

Now that Victoria has worn the Cut Steel Tiara two times in a row recently, most likely she will not wear that tiara at the Nobel Prizes. The same thing goes for Queen Silvia and the Connaught Tiara. I really hope Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe Tiara as it's been two years since she's last worn it.

Thanks all, the loan of the Papyrus tiara to Princess Margaret sounds like a viable explanation. Now if only the Strathmore Rose tiara was refurbished, what a lovely tiara for Kate to wear as well.

The Strathmore Rose tiara is a favorite of mine. I agree, it would make a lovely tiara for Kate. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_SGOPhVkL...V8ADQ4/s1600/StrathmoreRose1998Exhibition.jpg

According to The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: "This piece hasn't been worn in public for many decades, and certainly tiara-wearing styles have changed since then. We've only seen it on the Queen Mother, and only in her early royal days. It remained in her collection for the rest of her life, though, and passed to the Queen when she died in 2002."The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Strathmore Rose

Now that Victoria has worn the Cut Steel Tiara two times in a row recently, most likely she will not wear that tiara at the Nobel Prizes. The same thing goes for Queen Silvia and the Connaught Tiara. I really hope Victoria will wear the Baden Fringe Tiara as it's been two years since she's last worn it.
I agree that it's unlikely that they'll repeat the Connaught and the cut steel again for the Nobels.

For the Queen I hope for the Cameo tiara, which didn't have it's fair share of outings lately (apart from Victoria's wedding).
As for Victoria, I hope she'll trot out the laurel tiara again for the awards ceremony, and the Baden fringe for the second day dinner.
I think that Madeleine will wear her modern fringe at least once.
And if the 6-buttons must be worn, please let it be Princess Christina. She his the only one with the right hair for this tiara.

On another note: two years ago the Grand Ducal couple from Luxembourg attended, because there was a award winner from Luxemourg. This year there is one Belgian laureate.... may we hope:D for Belgian royal attendance?

I agree that it's unlikely that they'll repeat the Connaught and the cut steel again for the Nobels.

For the Queen I hope for the Cameo tiara, which didn't have it's fair share of outings lately (apart from Victoria's wedding).
As for Victoria, I hope she'll trot out the laurel tiara again for the awards ceremony, and the Baden fringe for the second day dinner.
I think that Madeleine will wear her modern fringe at least once.
And if the 6-buttons must be worn, please let it be Princess Christina. She his the only one with the right hair for this tiara.

On another note: two years ago the Grand Ducal couple from Luxembourg attended, because there was a award winner from Luxemourg. This year there is one Belgian laureate.... may we hope:D for Belgian royal attendance?

I also hope for the Cameo on the Queen and the ruby tiara the other day. Perhaps the ruby tiara could be paried with the scarab necklace which the Queen has inherited from Princess Lilian. I hope she gives the nine prone tiara a well deserved rest but as she has not worn it for this dinner it think is likely that it will be worn for one of the 2 days.
As for Victoria i hope no button tiara this years as she has worn both 2012 and 2011 one of them for the Awards Ceremony.
A belgian royal attendance would be nice.

Last edited:
We've got a picture of Camilla arriving before, and if people are tweeting we'll possible get some kind of picture.

Are you able to share the picture of Camilla arriving for the reception at BP yesterday?

Are you able to share the picture of Camilla arriving for the reception at BP yesterday?

If you check the British Royal Family thread, you'll notice that the conversation drifted to how sometimes a photo taken through a car window can be quite awful and distorted and someone posted a picture of Camilla arriving at a previous reception held. Or, it was during the discussion of any pictures ever being released from this event. I forget exactly. There were no pictures at all other than the ones we saw of William and Kate arriving in the car.

I also hope for the Cameo on the Queen and the ruby tiara the other day. Perhaps the ruby tiara could be paried with the scarab necklace which the Queen has inherited from Princess Lilian. I hope she gives the nine prone tiara a well deserved rest but as she has not worn it for this dinner it think is likely that it will be worn for one of the 2 days.
As for Victoria i hope no button tiara this years as she has worn both 2012 and 2011 one of them for the Awards Ceremony.
A belgian royal attendance would be nice.

I'm also hoping for the Cameo Parure on the Queen as it was 9 years since she last wore it to the Nobel banquet. As she with a few exceptions has worn the nine prong tiara or the sapphire tiara to most of the Nobel banquets through the years it would be nice to see something else.
I also hope she will wear the Scarab necklase for the 1:st time next week. I'd say the Cameo parure to 10:th december and one of the diamond tiaras paired with the scarab necklase to 11:th december.

I really hope Victoria will show up in the baden fringe tiara as it was way to long since last time.
This year she wore the small cut steel tiara to the turkish state visit, the amethyst tiara to the april gala dinner in Netherlands, the laurel wreath tiara to her sisters wedding and the large cut steel tiara to the portugese state visit and yeaterdays representation dinner so i'd say the baden fringe tiara to 10:th december and laurel wreath tiara to 11:th december.

I guess Princess Madeleine and Princess Christina will wear the large cut steel tiara and the 6 button tiara and swap tiaras with each other to next day.

It would be nice with a visit from Philippe and Mathilde but i think that would have been announced by now.

Last edited:
Wasn´t there rumors, that CP Victoria received a tiara at the birth of Estelle - one from former Estelle Bernadotte? What about this one? This would be - simply wow.

Apart from that I hope for the Baden Fringe on the Nobels Day and on Princess Lilians Tiara on the second day.

BYe Bine

If Mathilde and Philippe attend the Nobel Prizes, it would be nice to see Mathilde in the full Nine Provinces Tiara.

The Nobels
I hope that queen Silvia wears the Cameo Parure at the Prize ceremony, and the Ruby tiara or Amethyst tiara at the King's dinner. I don't want to see the Nine Prong tiara on her this year.
Hopefully Victoria wears the Baden Fringe Tiara at the Prize ceremony, and the Laurel Wreath Tiara at the King's dinner. Some big surprise would of course be great.
Madeleine probably wears the Modern Fringe Tiara at the Prize ceremony and one of the Button Tiaras at the King's dinner.
Christina could wear the Cut Steel Tiara at the Prize ceremony and the other Button Tiara at the King's dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom