The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I don't want to see the Nine Prong tiara on her this year.
Me neither but i'm afraid that she will choose to wear the scarab necklase for the first time and then the nine prong is a likely option. I would have prefered that she wore the nine prong tiara at the representation dinner 3 days ago and then it would have been a less likely option for nobel.

But I agree to 130 % that she should choose the Cameo parure this year . Come on Silvia !

Old 12-07-2013, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Me neither but i'm afraid that she will choose to wear the scarab necklase for the first time and then the nine prong is a likely option. I would have prefered that she wore the nine prong tiara at the representation dinner 3 days ago and then it would have been a less likely option for nobel.

But I agree to 130 % that she should choose the Cameo parure this year . Come on Silvia !
Or the ruby tiara for the first time for Nobel. Then we would finally get good pictures of it. Looking through the Nobel picturesi figured out that she chooses the Cameo Parure only 3 times for the Nobels: In 1992, in 1995 and in 2005. The last years it was either the the Nine pronge or the sapphire.
2009: Nine pronge tiara
2010: Leuchtenberg sapphire Parure
2011: Nine pronge tiara
2012: Leuchtenberg sapphire Parure

So i say it is time for something different this years. Before that in 2008 she wore the Connaught tiara with the pink topaz Parure.
If she wears the scarab necklace perhaps she doos a Lilian and wears it with the six button tiara.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 12-07-2013, 05:36 AM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=Stefan;1624099]Or the ruby tiara for the first time for Nobel. Then we would finally get good pictures of it. Looking through the Nobel picturesi figured out that she chooses the Cameo Parure only 3 times for the Nobels: In 1992, in 1995 and in 2005. The last years it was either the the Nine pronge or the sapphire.
QUOTE]

She has won the Cameo tiara four times at the Nobel Prizes. She wore the tiara at the 1992, 1996, 1998, and the 2005 Nobel Prizes.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Less tiaras for the Nobels:
According to a press release from the court, Madeleine cancelled her attendance at the Nobel festivities due to her pregnancy.
Kungafamiljens närvaro vid Nobel - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 12-07-2013, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Less tiaras for the Nobels:
According to a press release from the court, Madeleine cancelled her attendance at the Nobel festivities due to her pregnancy.
Kungafamiljens närvaro vid Nobel - Sveriges Kungahus
So it will be just tiaras from the Queen,Crown Princess and maybe Princess Christina?
Old 12-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post

So it will be just tiaras from the Queen,Crown Princess and maybe Princess Christina?
I think so. They said from the nobel foundation that they would just alterate the seating chart so i don't think she will be replaced by someone else from the royal house.

It will be sad to not see Madeleine there but i understand her.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Crown princess Victoria attends at the memorial service of Nelson Mandela on Tuesday and isn't able to attend at the Nobel Prize ceremony and banquet.
So less tiaras on Tuesday. According to the court press department the logistics are solved and Victoria will attend at the King's dinner on Wednesday.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Crown princess Victoria attends at the memorial service of Nelson Mandela on Tuesday and isn't able to attend at the Nobel Prize ceremony and banquet.
So less tiaras on Tuesday. According to the court press department the logistics are solved and Victoria will attend at the King's dinner on Wednesday.
It is very sad for Victoria and Haakon that they choose 10:th december. Now the Nobel banquet this year will be quite uninteresting (for me) .

It will be interesting to see who will fill Victorias empty chair at the banquet. The Prime minister will probably be replaced by an another minister and they will likely have to replace Victoria too in some way or another wether it's by a royal or not.
I hope they ask Princess Desirée to attend. She replaced the Queen at short notice in 1980.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Aristocracy

Well, it's a pity Victoria can't attend the ceremony and the banquet.
Hopefully she's back at the King's dinner, otherwise we don't see any tiara on her during this years Nobels!
I think she will wear the Fringe on wednesday..
Old 12-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

First Madeleine, then Victoria. It takes a lot of fun out of the Nobels, but I can understand their reasons for cancelling.
Now I really hope not to see the nine-prongs at the awards. With only 1 tiara on stage, it should at least be a special one.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes I hope Silvia will not wear the Nine Prong tiara this year. I think Silvia has worn that tiara twice this year and that's enough appearances for me.

On another note, I know he has not announced his engagement as if now, but I hope Silvia will wear the sapphire parure at Carl Philip's future wedding. I was kind of disappointed that Silvia wore the Nine Prong tiara at Madeleine's wedding, so I am hoping that she will wear the sapphire parure at her son's wedding.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
First Madeleine, then Victoria. It takes a lot of fun out of the Nobels, but I can understand their reasons for cancelling.
Now I really hope not to see the nine-prongs at the awards. With only 1 tiara on stage, it should at least be a special one.
Yeah, Nobels will be sad this year.
I also hope for the Sapphire.
Bye Bine
Old 12-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Nobility

My 3 favourite options for Silvia tomorrow

1. The Cameo parure (come on Silvia ! )

2. The connaught diamond tiara together with the pink topaz demi parure (it worked very well in 2008 ) or the emerald demi parure

3. Wearing the Scarab necklase for the 1:st time. Would be fun to see it with the connaught ruby tiara but if i know my Queen she'll likely pair it with her party antlers :-D
Old 12-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
My 3 favourite options for Silvia tomorrow

1. The Cameo parure (come on Silvia ! )

2. The connaught diamond tiara together with the pink topaz demi parure (it worked very well in 2008 ) or the emerald demi parure

3. Wearing the Scarab necklase for the 1:st time. Would be fun to see it with the connaught ruby tiara but if i know my Queen she'll likely pair it with her party antlers :-D
I agree with your favourites 1 and 2. It would be nice to see the Cameo re-emerge after a gap. It would also be nice to see the Connaught after some time.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
On another note, I know he has not announced his engagement as if now, but I hope Silvia will wear the sapphire parure at Carl Philip's future wedding. I was kind of disappointed that Silvia wore the Nine Prong tiara at Madeleine's wedding, so I am hoping that she will wear the sapphire parure at her son's wedding.
I think that she will, if you follow the jewels by size and importance it makes sence: For the eldest child and heir she wore the grandest of her tiaras the Braganza, and for her third child she wore her imo third grandest tiara the Nine Prong and with that "logic" she will wear her second grandest tiara (the Leuchtenberg Sapphires) for her second childs wedding - are you with me?

As for Nobels:

The Queen should wear the Cameos i hope and at the day after the amethysts.

The Crownprincess i had hoped would wear Countess Estelles pink tourmaline tiara (I want want want the rumours to be true) togehter with the Ellie Saab dress she wore the night before her wedding, but now that´s not likely since she´s only attending on the 11th, so hope she wears the Baden Fringe now since it´s been a long time since she last wore it.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
I think that she will, if you follow the jewels by size and importance it makes sence: For the eldest child and heir she wore the grandest of her tiaras the Braganza, and for her third child she wore her imo third grandest tiara the Nine Prong and with that "logic" she will wear her second grandest tiara (the Leuchtenberg Sapphires) for her second childs wedding - are you with me?

As for Nobels:

The Queen should wear the Cameos i hope and at the day after the amethysts.

The Crownprincess i had hoped would wear Countess Estelles pink tourmaline tiara (I want want want the rumours to be true) togehter with the Ellie Saab dress she wore the night before her wedding, but now that´s not likely since she´s only attending on the 11th, so hope she wears the Baden Fringe now since it´s been a long time since she last wore it.
I agree with you although i would place the Cameo tiara before the nine prong in the "grandest list" . Maybe she avoids the Cameo at weddings because it is so associated with her and Victorias weddings.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I agree with you although i would place the Cameo tiara before the nine prong in the "grandest list" . Maybe she avoids the Cameo at weddings because it is so associated with her and Victorias weddings.
I think that is also the reason she hasn't worn the Cameo tiara for so long. And because it a strong contender as bridal tiara. Hope she doesn't wait until after Carl Philip's Wedding before she wears it again.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 12-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=rop81;1624721]I think that she will, if you follow the jewels by size and importance it makes sence: For the eldest child and heir she wore the grandest of her tiaras the Braganza, and for her third child she wore her imo third grandest tiara the Nine Prong and with that "logic" she will wear her second grandest tiara (the Leuchtenberg Sapphires) for her second childs wedding - are you with me?

QUOTE]

Yes I always assumed that. I am sure Victoria will wear the Braganza tiara at Estelle's future wedding.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=IloveCP;1624812]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
Yes I always assumed that. I am sure Victoria will wear the Braganza tiara at Estelle's future wedding.
Only, if she has become Queen by then. If the King is still alive, the Braganza will stay reserved for Queen Silvia (at least I think so).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think that is also the reason she hasn't worn the Cameo tiara for so long. And because it a strong contender as bridal tiara. Hope she doesn't wait until after Carl Philip's Wedding before she wears it again.
I too strongly hope that Queen Silvia will wear the Cameos soon. And now that Madeleine has Chosen something other than the cameo tiara for her wedding, I hope that we won't see the cameo on Sofia. Sorry for sounding bitchy, but I just think that Sofia doesn't have the right dignity for this very historic tiara.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Nobility

The braganza tiara is always reserved for The Queen. If Victoria is Queen at Estelle's wedding she can choose to wear that if she wants. If she is First lady of the country as Crown Princess she will probably wear something else.

The only exception ever to that rule was in 1937 when the First lady Crown Princess Louise wore it in London at the coronation of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth.

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara