The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

This is not a prediction for the upcoming state visit but, do any of you think Silvia would lend Victoria the Nine Prong tiara anytime soon? I ask this because she did lend Princesses Lillian and Birgitta the tiara. Why not the Crown Princess? I don't like the tiara so I don't mind that she has not worn it yet. On another note, it would be great if Victoria wore the Connaught tiara for the first time at the upcoming state visit, or this years Nobel Prizes.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
This is not a prediction for the upcoming state visit but, do any of you think Silvia would lend Victoria the Nine Prong tiara anytime soon? I ask this because she did lend Princesses Lillian and Birgitta the tiara. Why not the Crown Princess? I don't like the tiara so I don't mind that she has not worn it yet. On another note, it would be great if Victoria wore the Connaught tiara for the first time at the upcoming state visit, or this years Nobel Prizes.
Victoria probably has the option of using it, but she may not care to do so. Maybe she dislikes it too :)

Old 09-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

The 9 Pronger should only come out of the closet at Christmas time. It is not exactly an elegant piece.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Victoria can probably do so if she wants to but i think she prefers the smaller tiaras. The nine prong tiara is not flexible like the other tiaras so it might not suit her head.

I like the more odd and unique tiaras like the nine prong tiara, the large cut steel tiara and the Cameo tiara

I wish the swedish royal family would order a matching emerald tiara and emerald earrings to wear to the existing emerald necklase and brosch
Old 09-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

For the upcoming state visit, I would love if Queen Silvia repeated her 2010 green Nobel Prize gown, and wear it with the pink topaz set. I think that would make a wonderful combination.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

I would like to see Victoria having the Baden Fringe or Laurel Wreath Tiara for the Portuguese state visit.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:18 AM
Royal Highness

I was hoping that the Princess Lillian's tiara would be saved for the next Nobels. But I'd love to see the Baden fringe again, Victoria has't worn it for ages. And please no Buttons !

As for the Queen, I believe that she will pick her favourite Tiara again: the pronger. But I really hope that we'll the either the ruby or the Connaught tiara on her.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Majesty

For the state visit from portugal in sweden

I have no ide what tiaras Will be worn, but i think one item Will be Lilians jewllery and i think its not the tiara and necklace Victoria wore at her sisters wedding
Old 10-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Here are the tiaras at the dinner for the president of Portugal
http://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/foto...0BB3DE8&sz=800
http://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/foto...0BB3DE8&sz=800
Old 10-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Nobility

Finally The Queen wears something else. Nice to see her in the Ruby tiara again.

Victoria looks great in the large cut steel tiara. I'm glad she stayed away from the small cut steel bandeau and the buttons.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Majesty

I would like to see the small cut steel tiara and comb i display just to see it in hq and up close
Old 10-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Majesty

is it to early to talk about the nobel dinners. 2 tiara events ina row

We will see

Silvia, Victoria, Christina and suprice for me Madeleine, yay

there is a possibilty of 8 different tiaras
i dont think it will be 8 different
Old 10-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Aristocracy

I hope it will be eight different tiaras, but I think the four buttons for Christina 2 times.

Victoria: Lillian's tiara - Baden Fringe or for the first time the Ruby tiara?
Silvia: the Nine Pronge - Rubies or the Leuchtenberg Sapphires
Madeleine: six buttons, her wedding tiara - Baden Fringe perhaps?
Old 10-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Gentry

I hope for the cameo on QS and think it Can be possible because last year she wore the sapphires to the Nobel day 1. To the wedding this year she wore the big Diamond tiara and for the state visit she wore the rubies. Seems like Its only the cameo, connaught diamonds and the braganca left and the braganca seems unlikli I think
Old 10-26-2013, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Here are my guesses for the 2013 Nobel Prizes:

Day One:

Queen Silvia: Cameo Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara
Princess Madeleine: Connaught Tiara

Day Two:

Queen Silvia: Amethyst Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Lillian's Laurel Wreath Tiara
Princess Madeleine: Modern Fringe Tiara
Old 10-28-2013, 06:31 AM
Heir Apparent

My guesses for the Nobels (in no particular order):

Queen Silvia: Connaught and the Cameo
Victoria: From any of Baden Fringe, Amethyst and Lilian's Wreath tiara
Madeleine: Modern Fringe, 4 or 6 Button
Old 10-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
My guesses for the Nobels (in no particular order): Queen Silvia: Connaught and the Cameo Victoria: From any of Baden Fringe, Amethyst and Lilian's Wreath tiara Madeleine: Modern Fringe, 4 or 6 Button
I don't think that the queen has worn the cameo in a long time. When was the last time she wore it? I don't really see her wearing the cameo.

I would love to see Madeline in something other than the modern fringe.

Do you think sofia will attend? And if so, would she be allowed to wear a tiara?
Old 10-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
I don't think that the queen has worn the cameo in a long time. When was the last time she wore it? I don't really see her wearing the cameo.
Queen Silvia has worn the Cameo Parure the last time at the State Visit to Austria in 2007. After that it only made an appearance on Crown Princess Victoria on her Wedding Day. Since then it has not been worn.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 10-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post

I would love to see Madeline in something other than the modern fringe.

Do you think sofia will attend? And if so, would she be allowed to wear a tiara?
Sofia wasn't allowed to attend last year. Nothing has changed in her position, why would she be allowed to attend this year? She can attend only if Carl Philip and she are engaged.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Sofia wasn't allowed to attend last year. Nothing has changed in her position, why would she be allowed to attend this year? She can attend only if Carl Philip and she are engaged.
other royals bring their girlfriends/boyfriends every once in awhile. So this is wy I assumed.

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara