Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Victoria will not wear either of the 2 button tiaras. The last time she wore both of them was in 2012.

Last edited:
Ah... I see Ms Hellqvist has been created a Lady Grand Cross in the Order of the Seraphim and is wearing a headband...

Am I the only one who think sthat tiara doesn't look good on Madde? It almost seem as if it was put on her hear with photoshop:ermm:

Ahem ... can't say I am a fan of Madeleine's tiara tonight. It just sits akwardly on the head when worn like this.

Oh again with the aquamarine kokoshnik. But i doesn't look the best worn like this. Much to much back so that the sides are not visible at all.

Oh again with the aquamarine kokoshnik. But i doesn't look the best worn like this. Much to much back so that the sides are not visible at all.

It looks kind of lost that far back,nice to kind of see it though ;)

Not a fan of Princess Madeleine's bandeau,we haven't seen it in a while nor have I missed it much!

Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

Aah Princess Christina with her mothers aquamarine kokoshnik tiara again :) I wonder if Margareta has sold it / gifted it to her sister.

Nice to see Victoria wearing parts of the Cameo parure again :) The 6-button tiara is not my favourite but it worked well to that dress.

Interesting to see Madeleine wearing her aquamarine bandeau in the 1920-style. The way it is meant to be worn.
But i still don't like it

The Queen had expected jewels but the best dress of the evening

Last edited:
I'm very happy that Christina is wearing the aquamarine tiara and Silvia is not wearing the Nine Prong tiara. Although it's disappointing of Madeleine and Victoria's tiara choices. I am very surprised at Madeleine's choice as she has not worn the tiara since 2008. Although I love her earrings and bracelet. I am also pleasantly surprised that Victoria wore some of the Cameo parure.

It's so great to see Princess Christina with the aquamarine kokoshnik again. It has to console me for the unfortunate reappearance of the aqua bandeau on Madeleine.

I can't imagine that Princess Christina has been 'gifted' the kokoshnik. It's either a loan from her sister Margaretha of from her brother The King (who might have bought it).

So I got all my guesses wrong, except maybe for 1/4 of a point for remembering the aquamarines for Christina:

I think that they will all choose some of their favourites. My guess:
Queen Silvia: the nine prongs tiara
CP Victoria: one of the cut steel tiaras, I hope for the large one
P Madeleine: the modern fringe

Last year Princess Christina debuted the aquamarine kokoshnik, but it seems she doesn't attend this time?

Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

I still don't think it's totally impossible that Christina has been given the Aquamarine Kokoshnik. Maybe Margareta decided that she has no need for a Private tiara and gave
It to her only sister who regularly attends tiara dinners and who had her tiara stolen.

Time will tell i guess. If no other swedish royal lady wears this tiara anymore it is likely the case.

Margareta is very close to her 2 youngest siblings (Christina and The King).

Last edited:
A fellow member said in another thread that in the 1980's when Beatrix was visiting Denmark, Queen Margrethe asked Beatrix to wear the "blue stones" (the Stuart tiara). However, she wore the aquamarine tiara. Maybe Maxima will wear the Stuart tiara at the Danish state visit in March. :)

A fellow member said in another thread that in the 1980's when Beatrix was visiting Denmark, Queen Margrethe asked Beatrix to wear the "blue stones" (the Stuart tiara). However, she wore the aquamarine tiara. Maybe Maxima will wear the Stuart tiara at the Danish state visit in March. :)

I think it is a bit of a nonsense story, if you ask me. Yes, the Stuart diamond has a shade of blue but the rest of the parure are just all eye-popping crystal-clear sparkling diamonds. Picture (click on the picture itself to expand to XL). Queen Margrethe asking to wear "the blue stones" and then referring to this diamond parure is a bit too far fetched.

:flowers:

The sapphire tiara is more likely yes, but as the story was explained as referring to the Stuart so that gets repeated -also by me. Where the story came from in the first place I do not know.

Anyway, the Stuart is unlikely to be worn in Denmark. If it still is in one piece, it is more likely that they will reserve it for something more special: a state visit to the UK, WA's 50th birthday (if tiaras are worn), a state portrait, silver wedding celebrations etc. But let's hope that they decide otherwise and that they find a state visit to WA's godmother & Europe 2nd longest reigning head-of-state special enough.

Why nobody has ever worn the beautiful necklace for 40+ years is a mystery to me too. It is by far the prettiest & most impressive necklace around.

I would already be happy when the Court Jeweller has re-assembled the enormous bracelet. Look how Queen Juliana made sure this impressive and not-to-miss diamond eyecatcher was very visible (click on the picture itself to expand). The de-constuction to wear it in two smaller bracelets already happened when Queen Juliana was alive, by the way.

It is indeed a mystery that the stunning collier has not been worn for decades. Queen Máxima in a strapless gown, with this collier and the diamond bandeau... wow wow wow Picture of the collier, take note of the enormous thickstone diamonds... (click on the picture itself to expand)

It really is a pity that none of the varois Items of the Stuart Parure have been worn for such a long time. If i where Queen Maxima i would have worn the Set for the first official pic as Queen (which was released on the day of the Inaguration).
Most likely the necklace was nor worn for so long because Queen Beatrix almost never wore the biger necklaces from the collection and preferred a singe diamond riviere or the historic pearl necklace.

Well, the diamond sévigné (bow brooch) has not been seen for a long time either until Princess Laurentien suddenly wore it on the banquet in the Rijksmuseum. It was only a small part of the whole piece, but still...

Maybe a slow appearance: the bow brooch in full, the Borneo Bracelet in full, the diamond collier in full, the diadem with the Stuart diamond finally, that would be fun watching...

The diamond sévigné (click on the picture itself to expand to XL) and Princess Laurentien with a small part from it: picture (click on the picture itself to expand to XL).

I still don't think it's totally impossible that Christina has been given the Aquamarine Kokoshnik. Maybe Margareta decided that she has no need for a Private tiara and gave
It to her only sister who regularly attends tiara dinners and who had her tiara stolen.

Time will tell i guess. If no other swedish royal lady wears this tiara anymore it is likely the case.

Margareta is very close to her 2 youngest siblings (Christina and The King).
Do you mean given as a present, or sold to Princess Christina? Because Princess Margareta is not exactly the richest of the Haga sisters, why would she give away valuable jewels as presents to a sister? She has children and grandchildren who certainly are closer to her heart. OK, her descendents might have to sell the jewels, but at least they’ll have the money to benefit them. To a mother that must be important, imo. A least I wouldn’t blame her for that. I still do believe that she has sold the tiara to the king, who decided that there is no need to make the transaction public while his sister is alive. By loaning the tiara to Princess Christina the tiara gets some use, but the actual situation is kept private.
The sapphire tiara is more likely yes, but as the story was explained as referring to the Stuart so that gets repeated -also by me. Where the story came from in the first place I do not know.

Anyway, the Stuart is unlikely to be worn in Denmark. If it still is in one piece, it is more likely that they will reserve it for something more special: a state visit to the UK, WA's 50th birthday (if tiaras are worn), a state portrait, silver wedding celebrations etc. But let's hope that they decide otherwise and that they find a state visit to WA's godmother & Europe 2nd longest reigning head-of-state special enough.

Why nobody has ever worn the beautiful necklace for 40+ years is a mystery to me too. It is by far the prettiest & most impressive necklace around.
Iirc, the story goes that Queen Margrethe asked for the tiara with the pale blue stones, so that sapphires can be ruled out. But I find it very, very hard to believe this story. If the two Queens really had talked about that, who could have overheard it and blurted it out? I doubt that they have staff present at private phone calls for example. And these two ladies are reported to be very close, so I don’t think that Queen Beatrix would have played games with Margrethe and wear the aquamarine tiara. Wouldn’t she have much rather said something like “you know, dear, I just don’t like that big tiara”. Queen to Queen, they can just be honest and open, can’t they?

The Stuart parure is a set for Queens, it is understandable that Maxima didn’t wear it before WA’s accession, and it’s equally understandable that Princess Juliana didn’t wear it after her abdication. It is a pity that Queen Beatrix never wore it, not even for a portrait. But her preference for smaller jewelry is known, so maybe that also is understandable. Now it is up to the new Queen to trot it out, but I don’t think that it will be at this State Visit. I think that the first outing of it will be at an important event at home, in the Netherlands. Or on an official portrait.

According to my notes the next tiara alert will by on 3 March, two State Visits on one day!:popcorn:
- The State Visit from Sweden to Finland
- The State Visit from Mexico to the UK

Any guesses?

The Stuart parure is a set for Queens, it is understandable that Maxima didn’t wear it before WA’s accession, and it’s equally understandable that Princess Juliana didn’t wear it after her abdication. It is a pity that Queen Beatrix never wore it, not even for a portrait. But her preference for smaller jewelry is known, so maybe that also is understandable. Now it is up to the new Queen to trot it out, but I don’t think that it will be at this State Visit. I think that the first outing of it will be at an important event at home, in the Netherlands. Or on an official portrait.

According to my notes the next tiara alert will by on 3 March, two State Visits on one day!:popcorn:
- The State Visit from Sweden to Finland
- The State Visit from Mexico to the UK

Any guesses?

Acutally Queen Beatrix quiet often wore the big Württemberg diamond and pearl tiara and also the sapphire tiara so it can not be the size qhy she didn't wore the Stutart tiara. Probably it was too heavy or she simply didn't liked the design of the tiara. And the neklace was not worn because she almost never wore big necklaces. But it doen't explain why she never wore the beautiful bow broosh or the the Stuart diamond removed from the tiara as pendant on a necklace or as broosh.
As for the next 2 State Visits i guess Queen elizabeth Ii. will wear as always the girls but at the last State Visit from Mexico she wore the aquamarines so perhaps we will see them used.
And Queen Silvia will probably wear the Leuchtberg sapphires as on the finish States Visits she has eather used them or the Connaught tiara. But as we have seen the Connaught tiara only this week for the representation dinner i don't think she will wear them in Helsinki.

Maybe it will be a few number of years until we see Maxima in the Stuart tiara. For example, Queen Silvia did not wear the Braganza tiara for the first time in public 7 years after she became Queen, during a visit from the UK. However she did wear it for the first time in a official portrait in 1976.

Last edited:
I think Maxima will wear one of her 2 Ruby tiaras for the state visit to Denmark (=red and white like dannebrogen).

I think Silvia will take the sapphire tiara and earrings (without the necklase) and the Nine prong tiara, A pearl necklase and pearl earrings with her to Finland.

Hard to guess a tiara for QEII. The GOGBAI is always a safe bet i guess but i think it would be nice to see the Aquamarines again.

Silvia will probably wear the Sapphire tiara for the State Banquet, especially with the fact in mind that she didn't used it for the Finnish visit to Sweden in 2012.

I think we will see the Nine Prong for the Return dinner, but it would nice if she opted for something different, like the Edward VII Ruby Tiara.

On ANP Historisch Archief you can see this picture of Queen Juliana in a tête-à-tête with Prince Bernhard. It gives a clear view on the amazing corsage-de-devant from the large Mellerio Parure.

If Queen Máxima would wear the full parure: the diadem, the collier, the corsage de devant, the smaller broche (to fix the riband), the two bracelets ánd... the diamonds-and-rubies encrusted fan belonging to this set... then my eyes will already pop out... wow wow...

On ANP Historisch Archief you can see this picture of Queen Juliana in a tête-à-tête with Prince Bernhard. It gives a clear view on the amazing corsage-de-devant from the large Mellerio Parure.

If Queen Máxima would wear the full parure: the diadem, the collier, the corsage de devant, the smaller broche (to fix the riband), the two bracelets ánd... the diamonds-and-rubies encrusted fan belonging to this set... then my eyes will already pop out... wow wow...

The whole parure looks lovely. I think there is a reasonable chance that Maxima will wear one of the ruby parures, and the Mellerio is probably the preferred one as it is a full parure. I do hope the whole parure gets used, including the stomacher. That said, I do hope think the fan will get used.

Hard to guess a tiara for QEII. The GOGBAI is always a safe bet i guess but i think it would be nice to see the Aquamarines again.

I think she will wear the Girls of Great Britain tiara.

Last edited:
The whole parure looks lovely. I think there is a reasonable chance that Maxima will wear one of the ruby parures, and the Mellerio is probably the preferred one as it is a full parure. I do hope the whole parure gets used, including the stomacher. That said, I do hope think the fan will get used.

Lets hope she will not mix pieces of the two rubi Parures if she opts for rubys. It would also be nice if she wore the peacock tiara with the matching necklace and broosh. Are there also earrings to that Set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom