The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Somehow princess Birgitta seems to me as the least likely of the Haga sisters to settle for a smaller tiara .

I am hoping for the Braganca tiara on queen Silvia too.

I am still hoping that the story that the tiara of Estelle Bernadotte was bought for CPss Victoria is true, and this seems the perfect occasion to wear it. Whatever she wears,I hope it won't be the new steel-cut tiara, but something more impressive. The Connaught may be a good one too, she hasn't worn it before and Madeleine wore it for Victoria's wedding too.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Courtier

I think Victoria will wear the Connaught.
They can start a new tradition: bride/cameo - sister/Connaught.

If it's true that the Estelle Bernadotte tiara was bought, I think they might keep it for the next Estelle.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the Pronger should only be worn at a Christmas pagent since it looks like antlers. I wish that all the steel cut tiaras are put back in a box and placed where they were originally found and forgotten about.
Those 3 are the least elegant tiaras in the Swedish collection IMO.
Silvia - Braganza or the beautiful Leuchtenberg
Victoria - Baden fringe
Madeleine - modern fringe or cameo
the aunts - aquamarine, the Connaught , the 6 buttons and the amethyst, or their own smaller private tiaras.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I think Victoria will wear the Connaught.
They can start a new tradition: bride/cameo - sister/Connaught.
Great idea! And for that tradition Estelle would need a little sister .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
If it's true that the Estelle Bernadotte tiara was bought, I think they might keep it for the next Estelle.
That is possible, but I hope not. It would be a very long wait till we would see that tiara worn. I'd much rather like the Queen wearing it next saturday. And than Victoria for this years Nobels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Somehow princess Birgitta seems to me as the least likely of the Haga sisters to settle for a smaller tiara .
Agreed
Old 06-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I fear that you are right :-D
Old 06-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Royal Highness

My guesses for the Danish delegation:

Seeing as Mary wore the Ruby Parure Tiara at Victoria and Daniel's wedding, I'm guessing that she'll wear her wedding tiara at Madeleine and Chris's wedding. I'm not particularly fond of that tiara (prefer it as a necklace), but it looks nicer now than without the pearls (and I also much prefer the wedding tiara over the Midnight Tiara).

And surprise, surprise, Marie will wear the Diamond Floral Tiara (poor Marie, but I suppose it's easier to choose which one to wear when you've only got one).

I semi-hope that Benedikte will wear the Berleburg Fringe Tiara, but if I were to guess safe, I'd put my money on Queen Ingrid's Star and Pearl Tiara (which also is a very lovely tiara, but admittedly I am a sucker for fringe tiaras).

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Royal Highness

I share your opinion about Mary & Marie.

Benedikte's attendance has been confirmed because she is a member of the Danish Royal House. But what about the younger Berleburgs? I still hope that some of them might also be there. The more Berleburg ladies attend, the higher is the chance for th
Old 06-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Isnt Benedicte attending in her role as godmother of Madeleine, not just because she is a member of the DRF?
Old 06-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Isnt Benedicte attending in her role as godmother of Madeleine, not just because she is a member of the DRF?
Yes, you might be right. Anyway: a provisional guest list was published by Aftonbladet and non of the younger Berleburgs is on it
Här är hela gästlistan till bröllopet | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Monaco
But on the other side Princess Charlène is listed (sadly she comes alone). I fear that she'll dust off the smaller of her tiaras, the écume de jour aigrette she has worn at her own wedding recption. Usually she is so understated in her jewels that I don't think that she'll wear the larger Océan tiara. But it will still be nice to see her first post-wedding tiara appearance.

Greece
Also there are three Greek princesses on the guest list: MC, Tatiana & Theodora! Only one of the two latter princesses can wear the antique corsage tiara. What will the other one wear/loan?

Germany
Princess Kelly of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha is on the guestlist. She'll wear the turquoise tiara once again.
Also Princesses Ursual and Anna of Bavaria are on the list. Sadly they auctioned off their only tiara just this spring .
Old 06-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Heir Apparent

My guesses for Madeleine and Chris's wedding:

Madeleine: Cameo Tiara
Queen Silvia: Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara
Victoria: Swedish Laurel Wreath Tiara
Sophie: Five Aquamarine Tiara
Crown Princess Mary: Ruby Tiara
Princess Marie: Wedding Tiara
HGD Stephanie: Congo Tiara
Charlene: The Ocean Tiara
Mette Marit: Amethyst Tiara
Martha Louise: 18th Birthday Tiara
Tatiana: Antique Corsage Tiara
Old 06-05-2013, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

Greece
Also there are three Greek princesses on the guest list: MC, Tatiana & Theodora! Only one of the two latter princesses can wear the antique corsage tiara. What will the other one wear/loan?

Perhaps the other greek Princes will wear the circle tiara which was worn by Princess Irene in the 60's. It was worn by Infanta Elena at the pre-Wedding Gala of Duke Friedrich of Württemberg in 1993 but has not seen since.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 06-05-2013, 05:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Yes, you might be right. Anyway: a provisional guest list was published by Aftonbladet and non of the younger Berleburgs is on it
Här är hela gästlistan till bröllopet | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
Quote:
Monaco
But on the other side Princess Charlène is listed (sadly she comes alone). I fear that she'll dust off the smaller of her tiaras, the écume de jour aigrette she has worn at her own wedding recption. Usually she is so understated in her jewels that I don't think that she'll wear the larger Océan tiara. But it will still be nice to see her first post-wedding tiara appearance.
Perhaps she will wear the more modern tiara that Albert had commissioned that looks more like a headband than a tiara? I am in no way a fan, but it would be interesting to see her wear it.

Quote:
Greece
I am putting my money on the Fringe for MC -she looks stunning in it, and Queen Emma's tiara is just too big for an occasion like this.

It is likely as stated by ILoveCP, that Tatiana will wear the antique corsage tiara, and she will look beautiful in it anyway :) as they all do when they wear it.

I can see Anna-Maria loaning one of her smaller tiaras to Theodora, heck who knows, it's a long shot, but maybe she will wear the emerald tiara? Just throwing a curve ball out there! She will wear something, just don't know what -find it hard to believe her mother would leave her without a tiara!

Quote:
Germany
Princess Kelly of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha is on the guestlist. She'll wear the turquoise tiara once again.
Also Princesses Ursual and Anna of Bavaria are on the list. Sadly they auctioned off their only tiara just this spring .
Isn't the Turquoise tiara that Kelly wears, the only tiara that the family has in their possession anymore? I think this is one of my favorite turquoise tiaras ever!!

I'm sad that the Bavarian ladies have no head gear as they had to auction what they had left -maybe they will get one loaned to them or borrow?
Old 06-05-2013, 06:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

You know a cleverly placed brooch in the hair can serve as a sort of head gear....(I love that wordage)
Old 06-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Perhaps the other greek Princes will wear the circle tiara which was worn by Princess Irene in the 60's. It was worn by Infanta Elena at the pre-Wedding Gala of Duke Friedrich of Württemberg in 1993 but has not seen since.
Yes, yes, yes! Twenty years is a long time. It would be great to see this small tiara once again!

But I can also imagine that Queen Anne-Marie loans the Khedive to ...ehm Tatiana. Probably Theodora won't wear it before her wedding. Or one of them borrows Alexia's tiara or the fringe of MC. In that case MC would have to wear Queen Sophie's diamond whopper .

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
I am putting my money on the Fringe for MC -she looks stunning in it, and Queen Emma's tiara is just too big for an occasion like this.
I think you mean Queen Sophie's tiara. Yes, it's big, but I'd love to see it again.

Quote:
I can see Anna-Maria loaning one of her smaller tiaras to Theodora, heck who knows, it's a long shot, but maybe she will wear the emerald tiara? Just throwing a curve ball out there! She will wear something, just don't know what -find it hard to believe her mother would leave her without a tiara!
Are you seriously calling the emerald tiara small??? That's the spirit. But right, they'll both wear something on their heads, and I love that fact that it will be a surprise.

Quote:
Isn't the Turquoise tiara that Kelly wears, the only tiara that the family has in their possession anymore? I think this is one of my favorite turquoise tiaras ever!!
Exactly, Kelly wore it at Victoria's wedding and at the Prussia-Isenburg wedding. Both times she looked stunning.

Three more days
Old 06-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Yes, yes, yes! Twenty years is a long time. It would be great to see this small tiara once again!:
Yes, it sure would be! Fingers crossed!

Quote:
But I can also imagine that Queen Anne-Marie loans the Khedive to ...ehm Tatiana. Probably Theodora won't wear it before her wedding. Or one of them borrows Alexia's tiara or the fringe of MC. In that case MC would have to wear Queen Sophie's diamond whopper .:
Oops! Yes, Sophie's whopper for sure! Such a gem of a tiara, it's sad we won't see it as often as we would like! However, I am on the fence about Tatiana and the khedive tiara! I have only seen it on the female descendants, and I think loaning it to Tatiana would be breaking tradition, so I don't know if that will happen. I will agree that it would look great on her though, so it's possible that it could stay in the vault if that is what Anne-Marie wants to do with it.

Quote:
I think you mean Queen Sophie's tiara. Yes, it's big, but I'd love to see it again.:
Quote:
Are you seriously calling the emerald tiara small??? That's the spirit. But right, they'll both wear something on their heads, and I love that fact that it will be a surprise.:
Got to give me some credit for trying...lo. After posting, I realized that the emeralds were in fact larger than I was imagining! It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Anne Marie does favor the emeralds, so perhaps the rubes will make an appearance on Tatiana or Theodora?

Quote:
Exactly, Kelly wore it at Victoria's wedding and at the Prussia-Isenburg wedding. Both times she looked stunning.:
I'm just glad it been dusted and is on display again! She looks beautiful in it!!!

Quote:
Three more days
Yes! So excited! Likely not as much as the bride, as she is by far more excited than anyone, but darn near close!
Old 06-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
However, I am on the fence about Tatiana and the khedive tiara! I have only seen it on the female descendants, and I think loaning it to Tatiana would be breaking tradition, so I don't know if that will happen. I will agree that it would look great on her though, so it's possible that it could stay in the vault if that is what Anne-Marie wants to do with it.
It's somehow difficult to imagine that Anne-Marie will loan one of her three big tiaras. The Khedive has become so much a wedding tiara. But than T & T need tiaras, and the Khedive is is linked to Sweden through Queen Ingrid.

Quote:
Got to give me some credit for trying...lo. After posting, I realized that the emeralds were in fact larger than I was imagining! It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
You are welcome!

Quote:
Yes! So excited! Likely not as much as the bride, as she is by far more excited than anyone, but darn near close!
You and me both! I just believe that the bride is only half as worried about the guest's tiaras as I am.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Courtier

My guessings/hopes are (underlined the princesses I'm most curious about in this occasion):
- Charlene: her Diamond Aigrette/Ocean tiara
- Mary: her Wedding Tiara/Wedding Tiara
- Marie: her Wedding Tiara/Wedding Tiara
- Mette-Marit: her Wedding Tiara/Amethyst Tiara
- Martha Louise: her 18th Birthday Tiara/her 18th Birthday Tiara
- Marie Chantal: her Fringe Tiara/her Fringe Tiara
- Tatiana: the Antique Corsage Tiara
- Benedikte: Pearl and Stars Tiara/same
- Theodora: no tiaras/a loan from one of her aunts (Benedikte's floral tiara or Margarethe Baden Palmette tiara)
- Bianca: no tiaras/whatever tiara she can get
- Sophie: her wedding tiara/a new loan from the Queen
Old 06-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Courtier

More tiaras I expect to see:
- Pss Margaretha with her Aquamarine Tiara
- Pss Desiree with her Diamond Tiara
- Désirée von Bohlen und Halbach with her Pearl Tiara
- Pss Takamado with a Diamond Tiara
- Countess Marianne Bernadotte with her Diamond and Pearl Tiara
- Countess Gunilla Bernadotte with her Diamond and Pearl Aigrette
- Princess Kelly Saxe-Cogburg-Gotha with her Turquoise Tiara
Old 07-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Majesty

I am so looked forward to Nobel 2013 i hope for some of Lilians items to be worn and see Madeleine back at Nobel Events.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
I am so looked forward to Nobel 2013 i hope for some of Lilians items to be worn and see Madeleine back at Nobel Events.
Wow, you are early ! My bet is that Victoria will wear the laurel tiara once again. Probably also the small brooch which was a gift from Lillian and is a favourite of Victoria.

I also wonder if Madeleine will continue to wear the zig-zag bracelet, which she wore at ther wedding.

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara