Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweden has a jewel foundation,no? There's no reason to give Sophia a tiara. She will just select from what is left after the others make their choice

There is two jewelry foundations actually ;) Plus that the Kind owns some tiaras himself.

And I don't think it is that easy that she can pick up what's left. You're right can't be given any of the tiaras in the foundations, but she will still have an potential access to all tiaras. I hardly think that they stand in line (in rank) and choose tiaras :ROFLMAO: I think it's a chill discussion and decision among the Royal ladies. On the other hand there are special tiaras reserved for the Queen, and those who could be seen as reserved for the Crown Princess, but I actually don't think that the Crown Princess would mind to share one of "her" tiaras once.

When it comes to the wedding and her wedding tiara, she will most probably be first in line to choose tiara. The desicion which tiaras she will wear will be will discussed with Sofia and the King and Queen (and maybe Carl Philip).

Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events

There is still a chance that they may have a Black tie wedding like the King and three of his sisters had. Then there will be just one tiara and lots of Jacquettes and hats. But if they chose a Black tie wedding it will likely mean that they will have a white tie gala dinner the evening before.

Last edited:

If the wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia is a white tie event, what can we expect from Foreign royals ?

Queen Margrethe II of Denmark (Godmother of Carl Philip) : I would love to see her using the Floral Aigrette Tiara in the setting she had at Frederik and Marys wedding in 2004. But she has lots of great jewels. I'm happy as long as she leaves her golden tiaras at home ;)

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark : As she took the Ruby Tiara to Victorias wedding and the Midnight Tiara to Madeleines wedding, she'll probably take her wedding this time i guess.

Princess Marie of Denmark (if she attends) : I would love to see her in the Flora Danica Tiara.

Queen Sonja of Norway (if she attends) : If Harald and Sonja is there, i think she'll use the replica of Queen Maud's Pearl and Diamond Tiara. Or maybe she'll use Princess Ragnhilds Diamond Tiara.

Crown Princess Mette Marit : I hope she'll take her Amethyst Necklase Tiara. Some people hate it, I love it.

Princess Märtha-Louise : I wish she could borrow the Vasa Tiara of Princess Astrid.

If Princess Astrid herself is there she can use her antennas :-D

I don't know wether the Benelux royals will be there. I guess at least Gulliaume and Stephanie will attend. Would love to see Maxima use her Sapphires or Rubies. Don't know if Edward and Sophie will attend this time as the wedding day collides with the Trooping the Colour ceremony.

Prince Leopold of Bavaria (godfather of Prince Carl Philip) and his family will probably be there.

Last edited:
There is still a chance that they may have a Black tie wedding like the King and three of his sisters had. Then there will be just one tiara and lots of Jacquettes and hats. But if they chose a Black tie wedding it will likely mean that they will have a white tie gala dinner the evening before.

Why would it be black tie when both of Carl Philip's sisters have had white tie weddings? It seems to me that the idea is coming from the thinking of some posters that Sofia is not worthy of the role she is taking on.
The wedding will be white tie and the guest list will be as royal and glittering as those at Victoria & Madelaines' nuptuals. :flowers:

Why would it be black tie when both of Carl Philip's sisters have had white tie weddings? It seems to me that the idea is coming from the thinking of some posters that Sofia is not worthy of the role she is taking on.

The wedding will be white tie and the guest list will be as royal and glittering as those at Victoria & Madelaines' nuptuals. :flowers:

Excuse me ??? I haven't said anything that i would be against Sofia marrying Prince Carl Philip !!!

I'm looking forward to 13:th June as much as you do wether it is a white tie or a black tie event. I just pointed out the possibility that the wedding may be Black tie as long as we don't know anything else and as there have been many Black tie weddings in the Swedish Royal House. All weddings that starts before 15
P.M is considered Black tie weddings in the Church of Sweden.
I don't understand how you get this to that i would be against Sofia marrying Carl Philip wich I am not !!! I just pointed out a possibility.

I can't wait to see the aquamarines Madeleine received from Lilian. I hope she will wear them at the wedding.

I can't wait to see the aquamarines Madeleine received from Lilian. I hope she will wear them at the wedding.

Maybe we can also hope to see how the diadem of white gold, diamonds and steel looks like that Victoria inherited from Lilian.

Maybe we can also hope to see how the diadem of white gold, diamonds and steel looks like that Victoria inherited from Lilian.
I fear that is tiara is dead ugly :eek:. That's about the best reason to explain that Princess Lillian has never worn it.

Excuse me ??? I haven't said anything that i would be against Sofia marrying Prince Carl Philip !!!

I'm looking forward to 13:th June as much as you do wether it is a white tie or a black tie event. I just pointed out the possibility that the wedding may be Black tie as long as we don't know anything else and as there have been many Black tie weddings in the Swedish Royal House. All weddings that starts before 15
P.M is considered Black tie weddings in the Church of Sweden.
I don't understand how you get this to that i would be against Sofia marrying Carl Philip wich I am not !!! I just pointed out a possibility.

But if where a Wedding in the morning or around noon i think the dresscode would be morning suit so Cutaways for the men and short gowns with hats for the woman. At none swedish Wedding the men have worn Smoiking like for black tie. But i guess that like his siters Weddings the Wedding will be in the early afternoon and with a big Dinner and Ball afterwards and therefore be white tie.

I fear that is tiara is dead ugly :eek:. That's about the best reason to explain that Princess Lillian has never worn it.

It's a mystery indeed. Not even the royal experts at internet are sure what it is and if we may have seen without thinking about it.

Maybe she has worn it as a necklase and we haven't thought about it. Maybe she chosed to wear it only to Private family events. No one knows.

I hope it is a convertible diadem/necklase so we may see Victoria wear both this piece and the laurel wreath tiara at the same time. The combination of steel, white gold and diamonds sounds to me like it could be a very nice piece. I don't think Lilian would have left it to any member of the swedish royal family (definitely not to Victoria) if she thought it was a dead ugly piece.

Black tie weddings are impossible. It is either jacquet, neat costume or white tie. Black tie is absolutely unsuitable for church. I know that in the US witness parties, best men or even the groom appear in black tie and that is really, really a no in my European eyes. There has never been a royal black tie wedding ceremony and Prince Carl Philip will not be the first to do so.

:flowers:

Black tie weddings are not impossible but very rare.
What i meant (but used the wrong word for it) is that all Weddings that starts before 15 p.m in the Church of Sweden is considered morning weddings and does not have white tie dress code. Most common dresscode is morning dress (semi-formal or formal). That's what was used when the King and Queen married and when 3 of the Kings 4 sisters married. Only Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson had an afternoon wedding with white tie dresscode.

Last edited:
What i meant (but used the wrong word for it) is that all Weddings that starts before 15 p.m in the Church of Sweden is considered morning weddings and does not have white tie dress code. Most common dresscode is morning dress (semi-formal or formal). That's what was used when the King and Queen married and when 3 of the Kings 4 sisters married. Only Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson had an afternoon wedding with white tie dresscode.

Black tie weddings are "impossible" in the meaning that I see no any serious royal or noble family doing this. Is there any example of a royal wedding ceremony with black tie as dresscode?

Black tie weddings are "impossible" in the meaning that I see no any serious royal or noble family doing this. Is there any example of a royal wedding ceremony with black tie as dresscode?

You are correct. It probably won't happen in the royal family. What i meant was it is a possible dresscode to use for anyone who wants. It happens from time to time that people use it as an alternative to white tie (atleast here in Sweden) though it is not common.

The only difference is that for the Wedding of Princess Margaretha, Princess Birgitta and Princess Désirée the woman wore short gowns but at the Wedding of the King it was long gowns.

The only difference is that for the Wedding of Princess Margaretha, Princess Birgitta and Princess Désirée the woman wore short gowns but at the Wedding of the King it was long gowns.

Yes the sisters had "semi-formal" and the royal couple had "formal".

Madeleine will be heavily pregnant by the time of the wedding, so maybe she will not go. If she does, I think she will wear her wedding tiara. I would love if she wore the amethyst tiara but it is said to be heavy and I doubt a heavily pregnant woman would wear such a tiara for hours. I also predict she will wear the aquamarine necklace and ring from Lilian, with the aquamarine earrings from her pre-wedding dinner.

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia make a state visit to Finland on 3th-5th March. It is tricky to think about the tiara when there is the wedding in the summer. At the finnish state visit to Sweden was only one tiara dinner.

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia make a state visit to Finland on 3th-5th March. It is tricky to think about the tiara when there is the wedding in the summer. At the finnish state visit to Sweden was only one tiara dinner.

She will likely pick one of her 3 favoutite tiaras (9prong, connaught and or sapphire). Don't think she'll use the Cameo set as she used it for the state visit to France in December.

I've noticed that there are usually 2 gala dinners when the state visit is in Finland (even the return dinner seems to be white tie) while in Sweden nowdays it is usually only the dinner at the Palace that is white tie and the return dinner has usually Black tie or formal dress as dresscode.

I don't see why there not will be two tiara events. The tradition says so and I think we could expect that this time as well

Two tiara dinners would be something to look forward to, and it somehow makes sense. The return dinner is hosted by the visiting country, so they determine the dress code. Afaik, the King usually sets the same dress code for the return dinner as used by the host for the State Banquet.

I would guess that the Queen will choose the 9 pronges and the Connaught tiara. Is there a chance the the CP couple will take part in the visit? That would mean more tiaras :)!

I've noticed that there are usually 2 gala dinners when the state visit is in Finland (even the return dinner seems to be white tie) while in Sweden nowdays it is usually only the dinner at the Palace that is white tie and the return dinner has usually Black tie or formal dress as dresscode.

The dress code of the return Dinner has to do with the dresscode for the State Banquet as the swedish Royal Couple usualla uses the same dresscode for ít as it was for the State Banquet. So if the State Banquet is white tie the return Dinner is also white tie etc.

I would guess that the Queen will choose the 9 pronges and the Connaught tiara. Is there a chance the the CP couple will take part in the visit? That would mean more tiaras :)!

She mostly uses them for state visits to or from republics but for the last state visits to Finland she has used the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara and earrings but without the necklase as she wears the chain of the order of the white rose (probably because its blue and white colours) so we have too wait and see.

No V and D will probably not follow them. That would have been announced by now if they did.

Last edited:

For the upcoming dutch visit to Denmark we will likely see Queen Margrethe II in her Pearl Poiree Parure. Though i would love to see her use her Floral Aigrette Tiara.
I hope Maxima will wear one of her ruby tiaras. The mellerio ruby tiara or the peacock tiara = red and white like dannebrogen :)

Last edited:
For the upcoming dutch visit to Denmark we will likely see Queen Margrethe II in her Pearl Parure. Though i would love to see her use her Floral Aigrette Tiara.
I hope Maxima will wear one of her ruby tiaras. The mellerio ruby tiara or the peacock tiara = red and white like dannebrogen :)

If she uses the Mellerio Ruby Parure i hope she brings out the big stomacher again and if she wears the Peackock ruby tiara i hope she wears it with the matching necklace. But i still hope she surprises us and brings out the Stuart tiara as it would perfectly match the Order of the Elephant.
As for Queen Margrethe i'm sure she will wear the Pearl Poiree tiara the Questin is if she will use the Rest of the Set also or if she pairs it with the Pearls from the Crown Jewels.

If she uses the Mellerio Ruby Parure i hope she brings out the big stomacher again and if she wears the Peackock ruby tiara i hope she wears it with the matching necklace. But i still hope she surprises us and brings out the Stuart tiara as it would perfectly match the Order of the Elephant.
As for Queen Margrethe i'm sure she will wear the Pearl Poiree tiara the Questin is if she will use the Rest of the Set also or if she pairs it with the Pearls from the Crown Jewels.

That would be great. Especially the peacock tail motif parure is one of my top 3 favourite Ruby parures out there.

If Maxima surprises us and uses the Stuart Diamond Parure ,maybe we also can hope for Margrethe to surprise us and use the emerald parure from the crown jewels. I know they can't be taken out of the country but has she ever used them to a state visit in Denmark ?

That would be great. Especially the peacock tail motif parure is one of my top 3 favourite Ruby parures out there.

If Maxima surprises us and uses the Stuart Diamond Parure ,maybe we also can hope for Margrethe to surprise us and use the emerald parure from the crown jewels. I know they can't be taken out of the country but has she ever used them to a state visit in Denmark ?

Yes the emeralds have been worn for incoming State Visits to Denmark by Queen Margrethe. But not as often as her other Jewels. But i still think she will wear the pearl tiara because it once belonged to a dutch Princess.

The mother-of-all-surprises for me: both Queen Margrethe II as well Queen Máxima wearing the twin-diadems, once worn by their predecessors, the sisters-in-law Louise and Marianne.... Wow, what a spectacle would that be!

The first Pearl Poiré Diadem was created for Princess Louise of the Netherlands born Princess of Prussia. This one ended in the Danish royal collection. Another identical Pearl Poiré Diadem was created for Princess Marianne of Prussia born Princess of the Netherlands. Apparently this “twin diadem” was inherited by her descendants of the princely Reuss family, but its current whereabouts are unclear.

This is the "missing" one:
HRH Princess Marianne of Prussia born Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (1810-1883) with her Pearl Poiré Diadem

and her daughter HRH Princess Alexandrine of Prussia (142-1906), with the same diadem: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/76/PrinsesAlexandrinevanpruisen.jpg

Possible route of the diadem:

Marianne Prinses der Nederlanden, Prinses van Oranje-Nassau (1810-1883)
x Albrecht Prinz von Preussen (1809-1872)
= Alexandrine

Alexandrine Prinzessin von Preussen (1842-1906)
x Wilhelm Herzog von Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1827-1879)
= Charlotte

Charlotte Herzogin von Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1868-1944)

x Heinrich XVIII Prinz Reuß jüngere Linie (1847-1911)
= Heinrich XXXVII

Heinrich XXXVII Prinz Reuß jüngere Linie (1888-1964)
x Stephanie Clemm von Hohenberg (1900-1990)
= Henrich XI Licco

Heinrich XI Licco Prinz Reuß jüngere Linie (*1934)
x Ulfa Freiin von Dörnberg (*1935)

Last edited:

I think the Queen will wear the Nine Prong tiara and if there is another tiara event, the ruby tiara.

Yes the emeralds have been worn for incoming State Visits to Denmark by Queen Margrethe. But not as often as her other Jewels. But i still think she will wear the pearl tiara because it once belonged to a dutch Princess.
Queen Margrethe has seldom used the emerald parure for State Visits, but she did sometimes, eg. in 1995 for the Belgian visit. The emeralds belong to the crown jewels and are exhibited as Rosenborg castle, and the Queen feels that they shouldn't taken away from the exhibit too often.

This year the Queen celebrates her 75th birthday and I think that she'll wear the emeralds at an official birthday gala, so she'll probably not use them shortly before that for the State Visit. Also, has many have said before, the pearl tiara has a strong historical link to the Netherlands, it's therefore most likely that Margrethe will wear the pearls.
The mother-of-all-surprises for me: both Queen Margrethe II as well Queen Máxima wearing the twin-diadems, once worn by their predecessors, the sisters-in-law Louise and Marianne.... Wow, what a spectacle would that be!

The first Pearl Poiré Diadem was created for Princess Louise of the Netherlands born Princess of Prussia. This one ended in the Danish royal collection. Another identical Pearl Poiré Diadem was created for Princess Marianne of Prussia born Princess of the Netherlands. Apparently this “twin diadem” was inherited by her descendants of the princely Reuss family, but its current whereabouts are unclear.

This is the "missing" one:
HRH Princess Marianne of Prussia born Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (1810-1883) with her Pearl Poiré Diadem

and her daughter HRH Princess Alexandrine of Prussia (142-1906), with the same diadem: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/76/PrinsesAlexandrinevanpruisen.jpg

It's not clear whether the other tiara still exist. Iirc, some years ago some pearl drops appeared at aucion, which were rumoured to originate from this very tiara. I also find it unlikely that the King would buy jewels that once belonged to Princess Marianne, when they have so many historical jewels that had belonged to previous Queens. But you never know, and one can dream. To see it again would be a sensational surprise indeed!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom