Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
other royals bring their girlfriends/boyfriends every once in awhile. So this is wy I assumed.

I am not sure any of the Swedish royals have ever brought a boyfriend or a girlfriend to the Nobels in the past.

other royals bring their girlfriends/boyfriends every once in awhile. So this is wy I assumed.

The idea is great, but this is not possible at a "most official" event like Nobles.
She can attend, once they are engaged and she can wear a tiara, once they are married.
Bye Bine

I am not sure any of the Swedish royals have ever brought a boyfriend or a girlfriend to the Nobels in the past.

No, they haven't. Jonas Bergström attended in 2009 because he was engaged with Madeleine. Daniel didn't attend then because the doctors had told him not to attend because he was still recovering from his kidney transplant operation.

In 2004 Queen Silvia used the Cameo parure to the Nobel banquet so it is 9 years ago since it made a "nobel apperance".

She usually alternates between the nine prong tiara and the sapphires and she used the sapphires last year so they will likely stay in the vaults this year.

I'd love to see the Queen use the cameo parure but i think she will use the Nine prong tiara and the connaught tiara this year. I know most of you hates the nine prong but she doesn't so we have to accept it ;)

I'd love to see the Crown Princess in the same dress she used at nobel 2009 and the gala dinner in Netherlands the day before the abdication/accession earlier this year. And also wearing the complete Amethyst parure again. This is my favourite dress ever at Victoria.
So i'd say the Amethyst parure and the baden fringe tiara.

I think Madeleine will use the modern fringe tiara at the award ceremony and the banquet on 10:th december and the 6 button tiara at the dinner on 11:th december.

I guess Christina will use both the button tiaras. They appear to be her favourites since her private tiara was stolen. I'd say the 6 button tiara on 10:th december and 4 button tiara on 11:th december.

Thankfully there IS the Nobel prize banquete - which will give us some Tiaras. Is it only my Impression, or are there less and less Tiara Events.
I also found that in General less jewelry is worn - also by royal ladies. Maybe due to the difficult economic Situation - but maybe also due to a Change in taste?

I think because of the world wide crisis and the fact that lots of people just have less money to spend, they think it's not very good to show off with their jewelry: they are rich and lots of people in their countries aren't, so if they don't want any complains about the richness of the Royals, they should not wear that much jewelry, which is, in my opion, a pity...

:previous: I agree. When they wear historic jewellery it really can't be looked at as "personal" wealth because we have seen photos of previous wearers so it is not really seen as a status symbol but rather as symbolic of their status.

It's not so much the wearing of jewellry that is the issue, but rather the concept of a State Banquet/Dinner. Who pays for it? Usually tax payers. That is why the number of tiara-wearing occasions have decreased, for at least now.

I would love to see Victoria with the Cameo Tiara again, but my true hidden wish is to see her in the Pink Tourmaline Tiara of Countess Estelle.

For the Nobels

HM - Connaught Ruby Tiara & Nine Prong Tiara
Victoria - Amethyst Parure & Princess Lillian's Wreath Tiara
Madelaine - Modern Fringe & Connaught Diamond Tiara

It seems that there might be another tiara event in Sweden. At the official calendar has been put "Representationsmiddag" (Official dinner) to 3rd December. It isn't called Sverigemiddag like that on 1st February which wasn't a tiara event.
H.K.H. Prins Carl Philip - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
I hope that this will be a traditional official dinner with tiaras.

Last edited:
I guess we will see the Nine Prong Tiara for the Queen during the dinner.

For the representation dinner:
The Queen: 9 prong tiara
Princess Victoria: Small cut steel tiara and comb
Nobel Prize award ceremony and Bnaquet:
The Queen: (hoping for the tourmaline parure) but....The Cameo parure would be nice too
Princess Victoria: Baden fringe tiara
Princess Madeleine: Modern fringe tiara
Princess Christina: Large cut steel tiara or the 6 button tiara
The King's dinner for the nobel laureates:
The Queen: The Connaught floral tiara and the pink topazes
Princess Victoria: Princess Lilians tiara
Princess Madeleine: The Amethyst tiara
Princess Christina: 4 button tiara

If there's a white tie representation dinner just a week before Nobel i doubt Silvia and Victoria will use the grandest parures.
I think we might see The Queen use the Connaught Diamond tiara and the Diamond collier with the Vasa pendant. Victoria might use her private cut steel tiara and comb or the 4 button tiara.

I wonder what tiara Queen Elisabeth might wear tonight at the state banquet in honour of the visiting President of South Korea. I am hoping the Grand Duchess Vladimir in emerald setting makes a reappearance, it has a lot time since it has been seen. Alternatively, the George VI sapphire parure would be a welcome change as well.

I'm also hoping for the emeralds or the sapphires for tonight's banquet. She hasn't worn them for a very long time.

I'm also hoping for the emeralds or the sapphires for tonight's banquet. She hasn't worn them for a very long time.

If I am not mistaken, the sapphires were last worn in 2005, the emeralds some time before that.

Ok tomorrow evening there is a representation dinner at the Palace in Stockholm. If it is a white tie dinner i think we will see the nine prong or the connaught diamond on the Queen's head. However i hope she will surprise us and wear the Cameo. Victoria can wear what she want to wear as she can do every tiara justice but i hope she stays away from the 4 button and the small cut steel. If Princess Christina attends i think she'll wear the 6 button.

Ok tomorrow evening there is a representation dinner at the Palace in Stockholm. If it is a white tie dinner i think we will see the nine prong or the connaught diamond on the Queen's head. However i hope she will surprise us and wear the Cameo. Victoria can wear what she want to wear as she can do every tiara justice but i hope she stays away from the 4 button and the small cut steel. If Princess Christina attends i think she'll wear the 6 button.

Better the Queen wears the nine pronge tiara tomorrow and and the Nobels she will wear the Cameo Parure or the ruby tiara. For Victoria i wouild like to see her in the frine tiara tomorrow as is was quiet a while ago that she has used it the last time.

I hope that Victoria wears the Baden Fringe tiara at the Nobel events, not today (if this evening is a white tie event). I don't want to see the nine prong on queen Silvia this year anymore. And I'm curious when the queen will wear crown princess Margareta's scarab necklace for the first time.

I think the Queen will wear the Nine Pronge tonight and for Victoria, I guess she will wear the Fringe or that horrible Cut Steel tiara (both Cut Steels are horrible I think).

I think the Queen will wear the Nine Pronge tonight and for Victoria, I guess she will wear the Fringe or that horrible Cut Steel tiara (both Cut Steels are horrible I think).

Absolutely agree with you EmmaNL. Those steel cut tiaras are just horrible looking.

Well, that's dissapointing. Just saw the first pics of tonights event.
Victoria is wearing the (horrible) Cut Steel (the big one) and Silvia wears the Connaught.

USCtrojan: I really think those are indeed horrible. I miss the diamonds and the other gems in it and I just don't like the design.

Well, that's dissapointing. Just saw the first pics of tonights event.
Victoria is wearing the (horrible) Cut Steel (the big one) and Silvia wears the Connaught.

USCtrojan: I really think those are indeed horrible. I miss the diamonds and the other gems in it and I just don't like the design.

Pictures, please?

I had no idea there were diamonds and other gems associated with the tiara. Do we have a picture of the tiara with diamonds and gems? I seem to only know the tiara in the hideous steel form....

Here are some pics (from APA)

I found it in the topic of the Swedish royal family....

I also don't know the tiara with diamonds, but it's just like because it's made out of steal, I miss the diamonds: because they were never there. (I'm sorry for my perhaps strange English).

I'm glad that Victoria wore the beautiful cut steel tiara, and saved the Baden Fringe hopefully to the Nobel events. Nice to see the queen with the Connaught tiara tonight.

Here are pictures of the event: APA-PictureDesk

Btw, I think that Victoria looks wonderful tonight, and I really, really like the Napoleonic cut steel Tiara. To me, it is beautiful, special in it's design, and full of history. Imo, it fits Victoria's face structure perfectly. And I love that there is so much diversity in the Swedish jewel collection.

The Duchess of Cambridge is confirmed to be wearing a tiara for the first time since her wedding day at tonights Diplomatic reception, there is a slim very slim chance of pictures.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 3m
The Duchess of Cambridge, the 1st time since her wedding day, s wearing a diamond tiara with a light-coloured lace gown.William in white tie

The Duchess of Cambridge is confirmed to be wearing a tiara for the first time since her wedding day at tonights Diplomatic reception, there is a slim very slim chance of pictures.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 3m
The Duchess of Cambridge, the 1st time since her wedding day, s wearing a diamond tiara with a light-coloured lace gown.William in white tie

Too bad that she is attending exactly this white tie Event from which we almost never get to see pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom