The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Good idea! The oriental circlet is so much nicer than the Burmese ruby tiara, but it is also more delicate. I wouldn't expect Camilla to wear the really big Dehli Durbar tiara while the Queen wears a much smaller tiara.
Here my suggestion: QEII wears the the oriental circlet and Camilla gets Queen Mary's good old sapphire bandeau. Et voilá: we have the colours of the US flag! (OK, I know I'm daydreaming here)
Wehen the Queen wears rubiesand the Order of the Garther whioch seh will as there are no Orders from the US she could war and a white gown like always for State Banquetsshe has already the Colours iof the US-Flag. As for the Delhi durbar when Camilla wore it for the norwegian Visit HM wore the Vladimir ttiara with pearls which is not small but compared to the durbar it certainly is smaller as it. I never understand why then Queen not used it herself for important Visits like Queen Silvia does it with the bragnaca tiara.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

A new tiara Event is coming next week with the luxemburgian State Visit to Norway.
This aremy guesses: Queen Sonja there merelads as she wears it for the most important Events, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa the diamond scroll tiara from Joséphine Charlotte, i wish she would wear the empire tiara but don't think it's likely as she has only worn it to the State Visits in the Netherlands and Belgium and to bothj Families there are special connections, Mette-Marit the amethysts and Princess Astrid the turqioses. Hope that also Märtha Louise attends the State Visit and if she will she will wear her small 18th birthday gift tiara.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Royal Highness

Unfortunately no oriental circlet at the Obama visit. HM wore the Vladimir tiara with pearl drops, the DoCo wore the honeycome tiara, the Princess Royal the Greak key tiara, the Countess of Wessex her wedding tiara, Princess Michael her fringe tiara. I haven't seen pics of the Duchess of Gloucester, but I think we will see good pics of her at the second banquett tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
A new tiara Event is coming next week with the luxemburgian State Visit to Norway.
This aremy guesses: Queen Sonja there merelads as she wears it for the most important Events, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa the diamond scroll tiara from Joséphine Charlotte, i wish she would wear the empire tiara but don't think it's likely as she has only worn it to the State Visits in the Netherlands and Belgium and to bothj Families there are special connections, Mette-Marit the amethysts and Princess Astrid the turqioses. Hope that also Märtha Louise attends the State Visit and if she will she will wear her small 18th birthday gift tiara.
The Luxemburg visit to Norway will bring out big sparklers, and you are lucky, Stefan: Märtha Louise will attend. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1257598
I agress about the emeralds for Queen Sonja, she will surely wear her most prestigious tiara (and hopefully without her salmon dress!). It would be nice to see Mette-Marit with the small version of the pearl tiara for the second time. Märtha-Louise will wear her own diamond tiara and for Princess Astrid I hope for the Vasa tiara.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Grand Duchess with the Empire tiara. After all both families are related through their Swedish relatives. And Maria Teresa seems to be quite fond of it. Personlally I don't think that is suits her well because it it so overwhelming.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness

Tonight in Oslo:
Queen Sonja - full version of the pearl tiara
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa - the Societé Generale diamond tiara
CP Mette-Marit - her wedding tiara
Princess Astrid - the Vasa tiara
Princess Märtha-Louise - her own tiara
Fairly understated jewellery imho. But the Grand Duchess wears a sapphire necklace of GD Josephine-Charlotte wich can also be worn as a tiara. I think it's the first time MT wears it.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Tonight in Oslo:
Queen Sonja - full version of the pearl tiara
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa - the Societé Generale diamond tiara
CP Mette-Marit - her wedding tiara
Princess Astrid - the Vasa tiara
Princess Märtha-Louise - her own tiara
Fairly understated jewellery imho. But the Grand Duchess wears a sapphire necklace of GD Josephine-Charlotte wich can also be worn as a tiara. I think it's the first time MT wears it.
Yes it's not the big Jewellry we exepcted. Maria Teresa has also worn the diamond and sapphire necklace at the 60th birthday of King Carl Gustaf but never as tiara.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm hoping the Canada tour will have two tiara events for the Duchess of Cambridge... Any ideas on how likely that is?
Old 05-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Yes it's not the big Jewellry we exepcted. Maria Teresa has also worn the diamond and sapphire necklace at the 60th birthday of King Carl Gustaf but never as tiara.
...at least Astrid didn't take out her wings or her ruby antenna..
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I'm hoping the Canada tour will have two tiara events for the Duchess of Cambridge... Any ideas on how likely that is?
I would love to see Kate with a tiara. But William is only the second in line, and last time Charles and Camilla were in Canada ther was no tiara event at all. So I don't really think that the DoCa will wear a tiara.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
I just did. I think she would look great wearing rubies.

Photoshopping Royal Tiaras and Jewels 2
So do I, I think Charlene would look smashing in rubies.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope we get to see some interesting "historical" pieces of royal jewellery on Catherine in the forthcoming overseas trip. Any specific requests just in case she is reading?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I hope we get to see some interesting "historical" pieces of royal jewellery on Catherine in the forthcoming overseas trip. Any specific requests just in case she is reading?
Just in case she's reading: I hope that she will join the "brooch-club"! Wouldn't it be great if she started to wear some of the royal brooches at official engagements? HM surely has something appropriate lying around. Maybe start with maple leaf brooch at the Canadian tour?
Old 06-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C.
Just in case she's reading: I hope that she will join the "brooch-club"! Wouldn't it be great if she started to wear some of the royal brooches at official engagements? HM surely has something appropriate lying around. Maybe start with maple leaf brooch at the Canadian tour?
Sorry, but I must respectfully disagree . IMO I think she's way too young for them, and brooches are dated, passe.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
. IMO I think she's way too young for them, and brooches are dated, passe.
I think there is a real potential for Catherine to start a trend for brooches amongst younger people.

A nice choker or two would also be lovely to see.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Aristocracy

Maybe she'll bring back the stomacher! :)

THE ROYAL STOMACHERS — The Queen’s Inheritance from Her Majesty Queen Mary, the Queen’s Grandmother « The Anglophile
Old 06-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel

I think there is a real potential for Catherine to start a trend for brooches amongst younger people.

A nice choker or two would also be lovely to see.
Agree with the chokers - that would be lovely. Skeptical about the potential brooches trend!!! LOL. I think of my Nan and the sweet old lady who gave me a christmas brooch because I sold her a winning lottery ticket - lovely gesture on her part and was truly appreciated, but I'm pretty sure I just wore it the one time.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Royal Highness

I don't see Catherine as a Brooch Girl right now. Maybe when she is given one on a official engagement......
Old 06-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Royal Highness

I see no reason why a brooch would be something that Catherine might only wear in later life. It all depends how you wear it. Many young women wear brooches with aplomb.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C
I see no reason why a brooch would be something that Catherine might only wear in later life. It all depends how you wear it. Many young women wear brooches with aplomb.
I honestly can't think of anyone under fifty I've ever seen in a brooch.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

I love brooches, I'm 34, as does my sister-in-law who is under 30
Old 06-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Courtier

Are brooches (on young women) common there???. Perhaps it's a european thing? Here in Canada it is a generational thing. Generally speaking, ladies of the Queen's generation (who likely grew up wearing brooches) are probably the only one who still wear them here. Not to say that younger ladies don't, but it is definately not common to see brooches, let alone see a younger woman wear one.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I honestly can't think of anyone under fifty I've ever seen in a brooch.
see link below

Celebrities wearing brooches

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara