Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay here is my last bid for tomorrow.

Silvia : Nina Prong Tiara or Sapphire Tiara

Victoria : Lilians tiara or
Connaught diamond tiara

Sofia : Cameo Tiara or Connaught Diamond tiara

Madeleine : 4-button tiara

Christina : 6-button tiara

Desiree : Queen Louise's Diamond tiara

Birgitta : Baden fringe tiara

Margaretha : Aquamarine kokoshnik tiara

Sonja : Queen Maud's pearl and diamond (replica) tiara

Mette-Marit : Amethyst tiara

Märtha-Louise : Vasa tiara

Margrethe : Baden Palmette tiara or Floral aigrette tiara

Mary : Wedding tiara

Marie : Flora danica tiara

Mathilde : Nine Provences tiara (though i hope i am wrong and that she turns up in one of Fabiolas tiaras)

Maxima : Aquamarine tiara

Sophie : Wedding tiara

Tatijana : Wedding tiara

Now i won't change my mind amymore. Let's get this party started !

I will take up your challenge, Hans-Rickard! :flowers: So here is my final guess. It’s difficult to decide on one tiara, but I try to do.

Silvia : Sapphire Tiara

Victoria : Lilians laurel tiara (thus symbolically including Princess Lilian in the festivities)

Sofia : Connaught Diamond tiara (although I’d love to see a new addition :D)

Madeleine : modern fringe tiara

Christina : cut steel large (I somehow think that the 6 buttons is more likely, but I want to put that one on Desiree and didn’t want to copy all your guesses)

Desiree : 6 buttons

Sonja : Queen Josephine’s diamond tiara

Märtha-Louise : her own tiara (I wish that she’d wear something else, but I don’t believe it)

Margrethe : Baden Palmette tiara

Mary : new necklace tiara (I know, that is a risky guess; but as they say ‘no risk no fun’)

Mathilde : laurel tiara (but hoping for a miracle and the appearance of the Spanish gift tiara)

Maxima : Antique pearl tiara

Sophie : Five Aquamarine tiara

I will take up your challenge, Hans-Rickard! :flowers: So here is my final guess. It’s difficult to decide on one tiara, but I try to do.

Victoria : Lilians laurel tiara (thus symbolically including Princess Lilian in the festivities)

Sofia : Connaught Diamond tiara (although I’d love to see a new addition :D)

Christina : cut steel large (I somehow think that the 6 buttons is more likely, but I want to put that one on Desiree and didn’t want to copy all your guesses)

Märtha-Louise : her own tiara (I wish that she’d wear something else, but I don’t believe it)

Mary : new necklace tiara (I know, that is a risky guess; but as they say ‘no risk no fun’)

Mathilde : laurel tiara (but hoping for a miracle and the appearance of the Spanish gift tiara)

Yeah it's so difficult to guess and almost always both positive and negative surprises. Let's bring in the wedding NOW ??

My final guesses for the wedding:

Queen Silvia: Sapphire tiara
Victoria: Connaught tiara
Madeleine: Modern Fringe tiara
Sofia: New tiara
Margrethe: Baden Palmette tiara
Mary: Wedding tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara
Mette Marit: Wedding tiara
Martha Louise: Amethyst tiara
Tatiana: Wedding tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara
Sonja: Queen Josephine's Diamond tiara
Mathilde: Base of the Nine Provinces tiara
Maxima: Antique Pearl tiara
Christina: Cut Steel tiara
Margaretha: Aquamarine tiara
Desiree: Baden Fringe tiara
Birgitta: Amethyst Tiara

Last edited:
Countess Bettina Bernadotte wore a tiara at Victoria's wedding, although she doesn't wear a tiara at the Nobel banquets, where she attends. Hopefully we see her with a tiara today.

I nice to see and other royals i mean royals from non-reigning houses who is not so famous to me at list to see them what tiaras they wore.

I agree. It is almost more exciting to see the jewels of the lesser known royals and royals from non reigning houses.

The day is finally here ! Yeihaaa ?

Everyone admit that you would LOVE to be in the jewel vault at the palace by now :) hehe

Yes, the lesser known royals always get me into the biggest tiara excitement. That is why I'm so disappointed that there are so few of them: only one Greek Princess instead of 4, no Berleburgs, no Kelly von Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha with her wonderful turquoises...

The Mainau Bernadottes have two tiaras: the sapphire and ruby cuff-link tiara, and the multicolour tiara Countess Bettina wore at Victoria's wedding. I will place my bet on the cuff-links, although I believe the chance is 50/50

For the Bavarian Princesses I'd say they wear the same as at Madeleine's wedding.

I would love so much to see the Cameo tiara shine again in a few hours, wether it be on Sofia or on Silvia.
Don't think Victoria will wear it, atleast not the tiara.

We have so many occassions with the "more usual" Diamond tiaras and almost never get to see the Cameos so i hope it makes it's way out from the vault today :)

Please, I don't want to see Sofia wearing the Cameo... it is too important and should be reserved for the heir... this wedding is big event enough for my tastes...leave at least the cameo alone

One week has already passed since the wedding, and here comes an overview of our last final guesses. I thought I'd hand out points for right guesses to come up with a winner. (Sorry if I only take these 'last guesses' post into count, but going through the whole thread would take me more time than I have)
I decided to give only half points for those in italics, because either two alternatives were guessed, or someone else guessed more precisely.

Tilia C.:
Sofia : Connaught Diamond tiara (although I’d love to see a new addition
)

6 points and a third place for me.

Hans-Rickard:
Silvia : Nina Prong Tiara or Sapphire Tiara
Victoria : Lilians tiara or Connaught diamond tiara
Sofia : Cameo Tiara or Connaught Diamond tiara
Madeleine : 4-button tiara
Christina : 6-button tiara
Desiree : Queen Louise's Diamond tiara
Sonja : Queen Maud's pearl and diamond (replica) tiara
Märtha-Louise : Vasa tiara
Margrethe : Baden Palmette tiara or Floral aigrette tiara
Mary : Wedding tiara
Mathilde : Nine Provences tiara (though i hope i am wrong and that she turns up in one of Fabiolas tiaras)
Maxima : Aquamarine tiara
Sophie : Wedding tiara

Bravo: that makes 7 points and a second place! (I gave only ½ for the Nine Provinces tiara, because IloveCP guessed more precisely that it would be only the base)

IloveCP:
Queen Silvia: Sapphire tiara
Victoria: Connaught tiara
Madeleine: Modern Fringe tiara
Sofia: New tiara
Margrethe: Baden Palmette tiara
Mary: Wedding tiara
Marie: Wedding tiara
Mette Marit: Wedding tiara
Martha Louise: Amethyst tiara
Tatiana: Wedding tiara
Sophie: Wedding tiara
Sonja: Queen Josephine's Diamond tiara
Mathilde: Base of the Nine Provinces tiara
Maxima: Antique Pearl tiara
Christina: Cut Steel tiara
Margaretha: Aquamarine tiara
Desiree: Baden Fringe tiara
Birgitta: Amethyst Tiara[/QUOTE]

:clapping: 10 points and first place! Congratulations (and what did you use to polish your crystal ball?)

National Day Gala in Luxemburg

The National Day Gala in Luxemburg is coming up on June 23rd.
From Luxarazzi, my highlighting:
8.00pm: Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and
Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie, Prince Félix and Princess Claire, Prince Louis andPrincess Tessy, Princess Alexandra as well as Prince Sébastien will host the traditional national day gala at the palais grand-ducal (and the line of persons who will go seriously mad if there aren't any pictures starts right here).

Any guesses? I for one still need some time to make up my mind.:flowers:

Thank you Tilia C for your work! :crown5:

Last edited:
The National Day Gala in Luxemburg is coming up on June 23rd.
From Luxarazzi, my highlighting:

Any guesses? I for one still need some time to make up my mind.:flowers:

I hope Stephanie will wear her new tiara again. Or, I'd like to see her in one of the floral tiaras. I'd like to see MT in the Belgian Scroll.

I would like to see Stephanie wear the Lannoy Tiara again. She hasn't used it since her wedding, and it is very delicate and pretty!

Perhaps a tiara during King Philippe and Queen Mathide State Visit in China ?

I bet a least one event in China with tiara and for another time i bet Mathilde wore the base of 9-province tiara.

My turn .Here we go:

Maria Teresa : Belgian Scroll Tiara (i adore this tiara)
Stephanie: new butterfly tiara
Claire: Citrine Pearl Tiara
Alexandra: Small Florar Tiara
Tessy: Emerald Peacock Tiara

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see Stephanie wear the Lannoy Tiara again. She hasn't used it since her wedding, and it is very delicate and pretty!
I doubt that she will wear it again. Imo the wedding was a one off, and that Stephanie will now only wear the Luxembourg tiaras. Especially since she now got a new tiara.
Perhaps a tiara during King Philippe and Queen Mathide State Visit in China ?
Afaik, the State Banquets in China are only suits and short dresses. I'll be very surprised if there will be tiaras.

Ok, I have made up my mind what to guess for National Day. Who takes up the challenge and guesses one tiara for all five ladies?

Maria Theresa: laurel sapphire bandeau
Stéphanie: new butterfly tiara
Claire: citrine pearl bandeau
Tessy: small floral tiara
Alexandra: emerald peacock tiara

My guesses for National Day:

Maria Teresa: Belgian Scroll Tiara
Stephanie: Aquamarine Tiara
Claire: Grand Duchess Adelaide Tiara
Alexandra: Small Floral Tiara
Tessy: Citrine Pearl Tiara

Maria Teresa: belgian scroll tiara or the Chaumet diamond and pearl tiara
Stephanie: one of the 2 floral tiaras
Claire: citrine pearl tiara
Alexandra: emerald peachock tiara
Tessy: amestyhst tiara (the one without the pearl which was only worn once by Maria Teresa).

Tomorrow on 24.05. the dutch RF will held the annual Gala Dinner for the Diplomatic Corps in Amsterdam. Let's hope that there will again be photos of them leaving the Royal palace afterwards.

:previous: Drool, I hope so too, Stefan! And hopefully Beatrix will attend again (she did in the last two years) and Margriet (who attended last year).

And not to forget the Queen's SV to Germany. This will be a glittering week again.

Lets add these events to our guessing game, my guesses:
Queen Elizabeth: Granny's tiara (Girls of Ireland and Greath Britain tiara)
Queen Maxima: small sapphire tiara
Princess Beatrix: rose cut bandeau
Princess Margriet: aquamarine tiara

Last edited:
:previous: Drool, I hope so too, Stefan! And hopefully Beatrix will attend again (she did in the last two years) and Margriet (who attended last year).

And not to forget the Queen's SV to Germany. This will be a glittering week again.

Lets add these events to our guessing game, my guesses:
Queen Elizabeth: Granny's tiara (Girls of Ireland and Greath Britain tiara)
Queen Maxima: samll emerald tiara
Princess Beatrix: rose cut bandeau
Princess Margriet: aquamarine tiara
As for Queen Elizabeth Ii. it is very hard to guess but i hope it is not the Girls as it was worn in 2004 in Germany. One of her 2 ruby tiaras would be nice but so far she always worn diamond's without coloured stones. for the State Banquets in Germany
The diplomatic dinner is hard to gues but as Máxima has worn the Mellerio ruby tiara for that dinner last year i think it will be one of the bigger or medium tiaras. perhaps Queen Emma's small diamond tiara.
Princess Beatrix either the pearl button or the pavlovnik pearl tiara and Pricness Margriet in the laurelwreath tiara.

I would so much love to see QEII with the ruby circlet again, I really do. Imo it is among her most beautiful tiaras, but sadly she has worn it only once. But I don't really believe she will. The Girls is such a favourite of hers that I think that she will wear it once again.

The Dutch ladies are very difficult to guess because they have so much choice and really are into sharing. Guessing them is a bit like filling out your lotto ticket, you have no idea which number may come up.

I edited my post above because I meant the sapphire tiara, but mistakenly wrote emerald. Maxima already wore both ruby tiaras, large sapphire tiara and the rose cut bandeau this year, so I crossed them off my list for her. Imo the Württemberg pearl will be reserved for grander occasions. Queen Emma's diamond tiara indead would be a likely choice, but I will stay with my 'lotto ticket', partly because I am very fond of the small sapphire tiara.

Tomorrow on 24.05. the dutch RF will held the annual Gala Dinner for the Diplomatic Corps in Amsterdam. Let's hope that there will again be photos of them leaving the Royal palace afterwards.

I predict Maxima will wear the Antique Pearl tiara.

So IloveCP and eya got a point for the Belgian scroll tiara on Maria Theresa, and ½ point for Stefan. I got only the girls tiara for QEII right, and none of us guessed any of the Dutch tiaras right. But Dutch and Luxembourg are so difficult to guess.

The next event might be easier: on July 7 the president of Peru will pay a SV to Spain. As much as I’d love to finally see one of the old, larger tiaras on Queen Letizia, I doubt that this will come true. Imo she will either give her own tiara a second go, or she will repeat the good old floral tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom