Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Query whether we will see HM pull out an old forgotten whopper for either of the 2 special meals today, possibly for the group photo? At the 2002 jubilee, we saw HM pull out Queen Mary's stomacher for the very first time. Any suggestions of what we might want to see?

Well the dress code is "lounge suit" so it would be odd if we saw anything more than her usual pearl necklace and a brooch. As I understand it she is not scheduled to attend the evening reception.

Well the dress code is "lounge suit" so it would be odd if we saw anything more than her usual pearl necklace and a brooch. As I understand it she is not scheduled to attend the evening reception.

HM will be attnding the evening event.

As regards the Lounge suit dress code for lunch, you may still see an interesting new / old brooch appear.

I think the Queen didn't attend the evening event. There are photos of Prince Charles, Camilla, the guests, but there aren't photos of HM.

Tiara alert today: State gala dinner for the Chinese President in Denmark!
My guess: the Queen with her old favourite, the floral aigrette. Princess Mary with her wedding tiara with the pearls, Princess Marie with her floral tiara. I hope Princess Benedikte (fringe) and Princess Elisabeth (saphire tiara) will attend as well.

Tiara alert tomorrow: Wedding Saturday in Florence, Princess Maria Carolina of Bourbon-Parma will marry Albert Brenninkmeijer. Will she wear the laurel wreath tiara wich she already wore at the wedding of Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Sophie of Isenburg? Or the ears-of-wheat tiara worn by her sister and all the Vollenhoven brides? The pearl version of the emerald tiara worn by her sister-in-law? Something else? Maybe the small version of the antique pearl tiara?
I imagine that she won’t go for the star tiara, which seems to special to Maxima. Nor to the small setting of the sapphire tiara which was worn by Mabel.
Any guesses out there?:flowers:

Last edited:
Princess Marie is wearing two tiaras? ;)

Perhaps either Princess Marie of Queen Margrethe will surprise us and wear their new tiara but i don't think we will see the Naasut tiara alreaeady as it will be on display on different places in Greenland.
As for the Bourbon-Parma Wedding i think we will see either the floral wreath or the earth of weath tiara.

I hope Princess Benedikte (fringe)

That depends on the presence of her husband. Benedikte only ever wears the fringe tiara, which is part of her husband's inherited estate, in her capacity as Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein Berleburg.

If Prince Richard is not present, I'd imagine Benedikte will be attending in her capacity as a Princess of Denmark and will either wear her floral tiara or the diamond and pearl spike tiara.

Last edited:
Madame Royale, you're right about the fringe. I didn't think about that before.

Stefan, I agree about the Nasuut tiara. It would be perfect if it were broken in at an event which is somehow related with Greenland. Like a court ball with Greenlandic representatives present, or something like that.

It was said that Marie's new tiara is meant form more private events (as it is a loan from a jeweller). So I don't think that we'll see it at State Visits.

And that is what qwe got
at the chinese State Visit to Denmark Queen Margrethe in the turqiose bandeau, Crown Princess Mary in her Wedding tiara and Princess Marie in her flral tiara
and at the Bourbon-Parma Wedding Princess Maria Carolina wore the dutch laurel wreath tiara.

I definitely hope HM wears some emeralds, since she's visiting the Emerald Isle!

Last edited:
:previous:
I'm so hopeful!
Emeralds are my favourite stones, but the Queen doesn't really wear them all that often.

I just love that tiara, with emeralds, pearls or even without any drops at all.
If there were a state dinner, an emerald tiara would be a safe bet, but as it were, an emerald brooch is probably the most we can hope for.

I'm with all of you.......EMERALDS please!!!!!!

I just went and looked for likely brooch candidates for HM to wear the to the upcoming games. There are no obvious "Olympic ring" matches.
She could choose some of the ruby or sapphire brooches as a nod to the Union Jack.
She could also wear some of the Commonwealth gifts on days that one of their star athletes are competing.
Her choice in brooches seems to lean toward the subtle rather than the obvious choices. What do the rest of you think we might see on HM's shoulder at the games?

I think the Queen will choose to wear brooches that have Commonwealth association, to symbolise her position as not only Queen of the United Kingdom, but also Queen of the other Commonwealth Realms as well.

As such, I think we'll definitely see the Wattle Brooch (a gift from Australia) and the Fern Brooch (a gift from New Zealand). "Safe" choices such as the Flower Basket brooch, one of Queen Victoria's Bow brooches, Lover's Knot brooch, one of the Emerald and Diamond brooches will also probably be seen.

What we will almost certainly not see at any official function are any of the Cullinans.

And while we are on the topic of Brooches, attached is the Cambridge Pearl Pendant the Queen wore for today's meeting with the Prime Minister.
Pearls and diamonds - what can be better? Apart from diamonds-only, diamonds and sapphire, and diamonds and emeralds, that is.

Attachments

• Cambridge Pearl Pendant Brooch - Copy.jpg
    Cambridge Pearl Pendant Brooch - Copy.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,329
Last edited:
A definite possibility.
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised (although slightly disappointed) if the Queen chose it for the opening ceremony: London brooch for London 2012 - sounds perfect.

Its appropriate, but not one of my top 10 .. its lovely - but lets face it - the lady has some serious bling to choose from. I hope Alberts brooch gets a showing or two since the coloring will be vivid and perfect with what I am sure will be a very patriotic wardrobe over the Olympics. And HM will be liimited by her good diamonds that are included in the exhibition at BP... so more sapphires!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went and looked for likely brooch candidates for HM to wear the to the upcoming games.
Maybe that one I call the Commonwealth Rose? It is often worn for Commonwealth events so it may be a nice one to choose. Don't know the provenance however...

Does anyone remember or know which brooch the Queen Mother wore to the opening of the games in '48? That might give us a clue.

We think alike. :)
I tried to look up the brooches worn by Queen Elizabeth (The Queen Mother) for the 1948 Olympics.
Unfortunately, there appear to be only a couple of pictures of the royal family, and not one where any brooch is visible.

@GillW - I'm not familiar with that brooch; at least, I couldn't recognise it on the picture.
Has she worn it to many Commonwealth occasions, presumably giving the brooch its name?

Last edited:
Yes it's been worn for broadcasting the address to the Commonweallth and also for these events

21-Jun-11 10 Downing Street in central London following a lunch with Prime Minister David Cameron, on June 21, 2011 getty 117609495
30-Mar-10 BP - Ambassadors
24-Nov-09 Bermuda - Government House reception for invited guests
25-Feb-09 BP - reception for the 2008 British Paralympic Team.
19-Dec-06 BP - reception for Contributors to Local or National Life
24-Oct-06 BP - Science Week event
13-Mar-06 Aus - Admiralty Hse Sydney
07-Mar-06 State visit from Brazil
15-Feb-06 Commonwealth message
19-Oct-05 BP - Dignitaries
14-Nov-67 Malta Queen Elizabeth II in Malta during the State Visit 14 to 17 Nov 1967-

victoria will take part in the two tiara events at nobel 2013

what has she worn before

---------------- December 10th-------- December 11th
2011----------- 6 button tiara---------- Baden fringe tiara
2010----------- Cut steel tiara---------- Queen Josefinas broach
2009----------- 6 button tiara---------- Cut steel tiara
2008----------- Baden fringe tiara------- 2 row diamond reviere
2007----------- 6 button tiara----------- Baden fringe tiara
2006----------- Baden fringe tiara

Last edited:
Status