Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ She likes her hats. :lol: Her beautiful cake hats.

In Oman there's a state banquett scheduled for tonight. Would it be a white tie event?
Is it known that HM has ever received any particular jewellery from Oman? If so, it might be a hint towards the tiara she's going to wear. (Like she wore the Vladimir tiara with pearls for the Qatar SV because it complemented the pearl necklace that once was a gift from Qatar.)

She doesn't wear a tiara tonight. And also no Order. Only avery beautiful ruby necklacei believe the one left to he Crown by Queen Victoria with matching earrings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely right.

And why does Queen Beatrix do not like tiaras? :ermm:

Appaently she suffers from headaches and doesn't like to wear them. But i think it could be that in Germyn she uses one of her smaller ones. At encoming official Visits to the Netherlands she has started to wear tiaras after Máxima joined the Family.

Then Nobel Awards ceremony 2010: Queen Silvia wore the Leuchtenberg sapphire parure (no surprise there as many have guessed it), Victoria wore the Napoleonc cut steel tiara (kudos to Josephine who saw this coming) and Princess Christian wore her own pearl tiara (I didn't find a photo of her yet).
ANP Beeldbank
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cUQcGsazs1Wv/610x.jpg
Now I'm looking forward to tomorrow: my guess for Queen Silvia is the Connaught tiara, and for Victoria either the 4-buttons-Mickey-Mouse tiara or the diamond necklace as hair ornament.

At the Nobel Dinner on 2010-12-11 the Queen wore the (much dreaded) nine-prongs tiara. CP Victoria wore Queen Josephine's pearl and ruby brooch as hair ornament. I haven't seen pictures of Princess Christina yet.
http://inlinethumb51.webshots.com/19186/2135406770105578647S600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/45...600x600Q85.jpg
I have to admit that I'm disappointed: The nine-prongs tiara is seen far too often on the Queen. And although Victoria looked nice, I don't like these small hair-ornaments for white tie events when tiaras should be worn by the royals. Save the other sparkling hair-ornaments to brighten up some black-tie galas!!!

:previous:
That are exactly my thoughts too. But at last Victopria wore the beautiful necklace of pearls and ceylon sapphires.

Completely agree. :flowers:

Maybe she had a headache from the previous tiara? I don't mind the hair ornament.

I actually think the Queen looked much nicer the second evening. The gold coloured evening dress really suits Silvia and the jewellery was well matched.

denmar new year gala january date?

there will be a state visit from estonia in january to sweden
representaion dinner 2 or 3 dinners in sweden
state visit to botsvana for swedish king and queen in march

Queen Beatrix, W-A and maxima
State Visits to Oman march 6th and 7th. ,Qatar march 9th and 10th. and Germany . april 11th till april 15th

Tiara guessing for upcoming events

It certainly was a good year for wedding watching, especially because of the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria who had us musing and speculating for months about her wedding tiara. But there were other more or less well-known brides who wore a family tiara for their wedding. And the outlook to 2011 isn’t bad either:
- Kate Middleton will marry her Prince William and the tiara question is particularly exiting.
- Charlene Wittstock might wear a tiara when she marries Prince Albert of Monaco. She would be the first bride in Monaco to wear a tiara on her wedding day, but you never know!
- Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg has not yet announced the date of her church wedding to Alexander Johannsmann, but it is supposed to be in spring 2011. It is almost certain that she will wear the Khedive of Egypt tiara like all the other female descendants of Queen Ingrid.
- Zara Philipps and Mike Tindall have just announced their engagement. I expect her to borrow one of her mother’s tiaras, but which one?
... and who knows who is yet to announce theire weddings?

I believe they may give Catherine the lovers knot tiara I'm not sure why but hey william gave her the ring lol. But I would love to see an old victorian tiara come out to play :)

I hope Charlene wears a tiara. There a beautiful pearl tiara that Princess Grace had wore (also caroline) that I think she will look beautiful in.

Zara, she's a female member. From QEII line, she's just might bring back the fringe tiara :)...havennt seenn that in a while.

Let's hope we see some major bling this year. And sum prettier dresses. The royal brides have been lacking luster lately lol

It certainly was a good year for wedding watching, especially because of the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria who had us musing and speculating for months about her wedding tiara. But there were other more or less well-known brides who wore a family tiara for their wedding. And the outlook to 2011 isn’t bad either:
- Kate Middleton will marry her Prince William and the tiara question is particularly exiting.
- Charlene Wittstock might wear a tiara when she marries Prince Albert of Monaco. She would be the first bride in Monaco to wear a tiara on her wedding day, but you never know!
- Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg has not yet announced the date of her church wedding to Alexander Johannsmann, but it is supposed to be in spring 2011. It is almost certain that she will wear the Khedive of Egypt tiara like all the other female descendants of Queen Ingrid.
- Zara Philipps and Mike Tindall have just announced their engagement. I expect her to borrow one of her mother’s tiaras, but which one?
... and who knows who is yet to announce theire weddings?

Yes i agree it was a great year not only in Wedding watching but also in tiara and Jewels watching because of the 70th birthday of Queen margrethe and the swedish Royal Wedding.
As for next years brides i agree Nathalie will most likely wear the Khedive tiara together with the old historic Veil. Fir Charlen i would like the fringe tiara worn for the Wedding and i think Zara will wear her mothers festoon tiara. Could also be that the Queen loans her the fringe tiara that would be a nice tradition then the Queen, Anne and Zara all would have worn it at her Wedding Days.

I think Zara should wear her mother's Greek Meander tiara. Nice nod to the family while still being unique.

Yes i agree it was a great year not only in Wedding watching but also in tiara and Jewels watching because of the 70th birthday of Queen margrethe and the swedish Royal Wedding.
As for next years brides i agree Nathalie will most likely wear the Khedive tiara together with the old historic Veil. Fir Charlen i would like the fringe tiara worn for the Wedding and i think Zara will wear her mothers festoon tiara. Could also be that the Queen loans her the fringe tiara that would be a nice tradition then the Queen, Anne and Zara all would have worn it at her Wedding Days.
Oh yes, I enjoyed jewellery watching very much at Victoria's wedding and Margrethe's birthady:flowers:. I don't think that there is a major birthday or anniversary next year in any of the Skandinavian royal house (sigh), so we might have to do without any grand white tie gala next year.

I hope that Charlene will wear a wedding tiara, but that is not a tradition in Monaco. Neither Grace nor Caroline and Stephanie did. And then Albert is planning this unconventional open-air wedding. I wouldn't be surprised if she would not wear a tiara at all. But I very much hope for the fringe tiara, as the pearl tiara is now pretty much associated with Caroline. But it could also be one of Princess Grace's tiara.

For Zara I guess it will be the Greek key tiara. Imo it fits her personal style better than the rather romantic festoon tiara.

She may wear the tiara her mother and grandmother wore.

dbarn67 said:
She may wear the tiara her mother and grandmother wore.

I could see Zara not wearing a tiara at all though but I do hope she does :)

is there any state visit planned to spain wear she would be able to wear the tiara?
or is it in monaco we maybe will se it?

I would love to see Letizia wearing the tiara.Maybe it will be in Monaco or perhaps to a state dinner for William and Catherine?

is there any state visit planned to spain wear she would be able to wear the tiara?
or is it in monaco we maybe will se it?
A HAPPY NEW YEAR to everybody! Let's hope for another glittering year of tiara watching.

Tonight there will be the traditional New Year's Court in Denmark. So let's start our first guessing round for 2011.
For Queen Margrethe my guess is the floral aigrette (she already wore the pearl parure at least twice in a row for this event). Marie is easy as she only has her floral tiara. And Mary certainly won't attend this year.

About Letizia's new tiara: The wedding of William an Kate won't be white tie and the guests won't wear tiaras. And it also is very unlikely that the wedding in Monaco will be white tie. That would be rather strange for an open-air event, imo.
So we have to hope for a State Visit to Spain. But personally I wouldn't be surprised if Letizia continues to wear the Prussian tiara for the time being.

Update: Princess Mary is not on the guestlist for tonight, but Princess Elisabeth is. My guess for her is the sapphire tiara. Also I checked the respective thread and found that Queen Margrethe wore the pearl parure for 3 years in a row, 2008, 2009 and 2010. In 2008 she wore the emerald parure.

Last edited:
Would like to see the emeralds on Queen Margrethe tonight and Princess Elisabeth could change the sapphires in her tiaras to the turqiose version for a change.

Would like to see the emeralds on Queen Margrethe tonight and Princess Elisabeth could change the sapphires in her tiaras to the turqiose version for a change.
You got your wish: the Queen wears the emeralds and looks spectacular, although we have seen the dress twice this year, at her birthday and at the wedding in Stockholm.
I haven't seen pictures of Princess Elisabeth yet.
PPE Agency

I think Zara should wear her mother's Greek Meander tiara. Nice nod to the family while still being unique.

Dear Jemagre, I disagree with you because I feel that Zara would look better in the tiara that Autumn wore rather than the Greek key pattern one.

You got your wish: the Queen wears the emeralds and looks spectacular, although we have seen the dress twice this year, at her birthday and at the wedding in Stockholm.
I haven't seen pictures of Princess Elisabeth yet.
PPE Agency

I am undecided about whether Queen Margrethe was right to wear the green gown for the third time in ten months. She could have changed the ice as well and have worn diamonds.

Dear Jemagre, I disagree with you because I feel that Zara would look better in the tiara that Autumn wore rather than the Greek key pattern one.

I am not such a big fan of the festoon one because it is a bit pointy. Plus the history of Greek Key one is better. Perhaps Zara will come up with a better tiara hairstyle than Autumn did when she wore it. After all a tiara may look good lying down but if a person has a terrible hair-do then the tiara will look bad as well.

the king and queen of sweden will be at Amarantherbal in january 22nd

the king and queen of sweden will be at Amarantherbal in january 22nd
Will that ball be white tie? That would be really nice. But it's a pity that none of the princesses is going to take part.

On january 18th starts the SV from Estonia and the Queen is the only royal lady because Victoria will be in UAE and Madeleine in NY. But at least we can start guessing for Queen Silvia's tiara. I hope for the ruby tiara.
Does anybody know what the dress code for the return banquett will be?

Yes the Amaranter Ball is white tie. It was attended by madeleine, Victoria have attended it once i believe after they turned 18. My guess is for either the Connaught or the Nine pronge tiara at this 2 EVents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom