The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Nobility

i look forward to seeing Sophie wear a tiara at Princess Victoria's wedding celebrations.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Majesty

I hope that it's the aquamarine one rather than the one with the triangles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
i look forward to seeing Sophie wear a tiara at Princess Victoria's wedding celebrations.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I hope that it's the aquamarine one rather than the one with the triangles
yes, i hope so too; i've only seen her wear it once as a tiara and once as a necklace. i think it's lovely.

i don't think her wedding tiara is much of a tiara; it looked fine on the day, with the veil, but by itself it's a bit of a tiddler.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post

I think Many crown princess would go for there wedding tiaras except for Maxima.
Letizia might go for this tiara (hasnt she worn it before?)
Yes, for the Russian State visit Gala and if I remember correctly one more time, but the rxact date escapes my mind.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:00 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
Queen Alia's tiara belongs, rightfully, to her daughter Princess Haya.
I know but it has been worn at many events by Queen Rania so I dont see her having a problem in wearing it again to teh wedding unless she has brought her own tiara.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:06 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Letizia might go for this tiara (hasnt she worn it before?)
She wore it 4 times so far:
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/1124/floralh.jpg

It's a lovely tiara and it suits her alot...
anyway I think she'll got for her wedding tiara.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Oops, looks like I misunderstood the article. But it states that Don Jaime said that he still keeps the old invoice from Ansorena.
I believe that the circle tiara which Infanta Elena wore once is still in the possession of P. Irene. If it now belonged to Queen Sophia, wouldn't it have been worn more often? But it was only worn once by the Infanta in a private event. It will be interesting to see who will finally receive this piece. It might just as well stay with the Greek royal family and go to one of Konstantine's children.
The circle tiara does have the bad "habit" of dissapearing . When Princess Irene first used it, it had not be seen for 30 years since Queen Frederika and Princess Sophia never wore it. Then , when Elena wore it was not seen for the past decade. So , it might reappear at any time. Elena could use it , if she wished to avoid the Marichalar tiara or if she doesn't have access to it any more. After all , Marie Chantal, Alexia and Theodora all hava tiaras to use and don't need it ( I don't think that Tatiana will need one, given she is not married to Nicolaos yet).
Old 06-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Rania's tiara is stunning, but its not really fair since what wouldn't look good on her gorgeous face?

I too would love to see Countess Sophie in her aqua suite, or at least really jeweled up!!......cant wait! I'm so glad I have all you to share this with, my husband thinks I'm loony!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflower View Post
The circle tiara does have the bad "habit" of dissapearing .
Yes, Frederika's tiara continues being a mystery.

Queen Sofia has jewels that have not been used in years, so it would not be strange. She repeats very much some pieces, and others pass 10 years and she has not used them. So I always wait, that in acts as this one, appears someone of these jewels.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Yes, Frederika's tiara continues being a mystery.

Queen Sofia has jewels that have not been used in years, so it would not be strange. She repeats very much some pieces, and others pass 10 years and she has not used them. So I always wait, that in acts as this one, appears someone of these jewels.
And at big Events abroad she usually wears more Jewels then in Spain. When she wore the pearl and diamond tiara fromVicotira Eugenie at the danish Crown Princely Wedding it was the first time after quiet a long time she has worn it. And i think the 2 diamond necklaces whe wore with it have not been seen since then.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
She wore it 4 times so far:
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/1124/floralh.jpg

It's a lovely tiara and it suits her alot...
anyway I think she'll got for her wedding tiara.
I think that tiara suits Infanta Christina better than Letizia. Wedding tiara is my bet, for all the CP's at least.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
And at big Events abroad she usually wears more Jewels then in Spain. When she wore the pearl and diamond tiara fromVicotira Eugenie at the danish Crown Princely Wedding it was the first time after quiet a long time she has worn it. And i think the 2 diamond necklaces whe wore with it have not been seen since then.
She has used the tiara Cartier at least 5 times since the Danish wedding,and she also wears it in her last official photos.

She wears the most important jewels in acts of the Royalty, and the only State Visit of a Monarch to Spain in the last years has been the visit of the King of Saudi Arabia, in that occasion she chose a simpler necklace that matched perfectly with the impressive earrings of diamonds and sapphires, gift of the guest.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflower View Post
The circle tiara does have the bad "habit" of dissapearing . When Princess Irene first used it, it had not be seen for 30 years since Queen Frederika and Princess Sophia never wore it. Then , when Elena wore it was not seen for the past decade. So , it might reappear at any time. Elena could use it , if she wished to avoid the Marichalar tiara or if she doesn't have access to it any more. After all , Marie Chantal, Alexia and Theodora all hava tiaras to use and don't need it ( I don't think that Tatiana will need one, given she is not married to Nicolaos yet).
Seeing that Carina Axelsson wears tiaras, the Greeks might go along the same line and lend Tatiana a tiara, but that is very unlikely. After all the situation of Carina and Tatiana is quite different, and I think that she will go the traditional way and not wear a tiara before her wedding. But maybe there is a chance that Tatiana will receive the circle tiara as a wedding gift. Let's not forget that both Alexia and Marie-Chantale got a tiara. (wishful thinking!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Queen Rania's tiara is stunning, but its not really fair since what wouldn't look good on her gorgeous face?

I too would love to see Countess Sophie in her aqua suite, or at least really jeweled up!!......cant wait! I'm so glad I have all you to share this with, my husband thinks I'm loony!
Sorry to disagree about Rania, but imho the emerald tiara didn't look good at all, no even on her. But I do agree about Sophie and hope for the aquamarines.
Or maybe Queen Mary's sapphire bandeau? I need some nice surprise like that. Last year 3 new, supposedly lost or never before seen tiaras appeared: the Dutch peacock and small sapphire tiaras, and Mary's midnight tiara. What I want is something along that line.

I guess that I sound quite loony to your husband, too. But let me guess, is he crazy about football? Baseball? Cars? Fishing? I'm sure he has got his week spots too. Personally I find tiaraholism a quite comfortable desease. No need for therapy, thank you very much.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

with 4 ladies from the SRF attending, Sofia will wear one of the 3 major tiaras, most likely the pearl tiara or the loop tiara. the fleur de lys would be over the top for the event.
the infantas and letizia are most likely to share the 3 minor tiaras, my guess is that we see letizia either with the prussian, her wedding tiara, or the pearl, the most important one of these 3.
what leaves the other one for elena, who will abandon her usual marichalar tiara after her divorce, and the floral tiara for cristina.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Nobility

Tilia - I agree with you. Tiaraholism is just a mild disease - with moderate side effects.

Can someone show a picture of Infanta Elena with the Marichalar tiara? I do not recognise it at once. Thanks.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
Tilia - I agree with you. Tiaraholism is just a mild disease - with moderate side effects.

Can someone show a picture of Infanta Elena with the Marichalar tiara? I do not recognise it at once. Thanks.
If she wore it on her wedding day, this is it.
Imageshack - 9437hn.jpg

and again

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/fi...7-010THMBG.jpg

I think.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Courtier

Here is Infanta Elena wearing the Marichalar tiara:

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/rex74/Spanish%20Royal%20House%20of%20Bourbon/InfantaElena_Aguamarina.jpg

Old 06-16-2010, 02:39 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Quote:
Another one she could use is the emerald one. Does she one this one or was it only a loan from Boucheron??.
Yes the tiara was loan by Boucheron.

Quote:
That was the tiara who was owned by Queen Alia. It was inherited by Princess Haya who borrowed it to Queen Rania in the first years after she had became Queen. But hasn't Rania worn another spike-like tiara at the State Visit to the UK?
Queen Rania has two tiaras.

Quote:
Rania has also worn the Arabic tiara for official pictures. So she might own it.
I don't dislike her small tiara so much. It wouldn't be bad for a young princess or at minor events. But it is simply drowned by the splendor in Brunei and not really fit for a Queen.
Queen Rania never used the arabic tiara for official pic, only she posed with this tiara for VF magazine.
In Brunei she used a bracelet as tiara:

Imageshack - iijj.jpg
Old 06-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you for correcting me.
Which are the two tiaras she owns? I guess one is the bracelet tiara. Which is the other one?
Old 06-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Quote:
Thank you for correcting me.
Which are the two tiaras she owns? I guess one is the bracelet tiara. Which is the other one?
The diamond tiara she used during UK State Visit in 2001, and the arabic tiara.

Closed Thread

Tags
gala, jewellery, tiara