Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure we will see either of those for a long long time if ever in our lifetime.

LaRae

There has to be hope. Either the Strathmore Rose Tiara or the Teck Crescent Tiara could be worn by Catherine at a state banquet.

:previous: Maybe during Charles' reign if he implements different "rules" than his mother. My observation is that the Queen allows switching, but once the switch has happened then the royal is stuck with that tiara until the next switch, and I don't see Catherine switching away from the Lovers Knot tiara.

I presume that Prince William is very happy to see Duchess Catherine wearing the tiara that his mom wore so often. It looks heavy to wear. I don't know which tiara would look best on Duchess Catherine.

I presume that Prince William is very happy to see Duchess Catherine wearing the tiara that his mom wore so often. It looks heavy to wear. I don't know which tiara would look best on Duchess Catherine.
Diana reportedly complained that not only was the Lovers' Knot tiara heavy but that it was noisy as the pearls clanged and knocked against their supports. It was the major reason she preferred her family tiara instead for most functions.

:previous: Yes due to weight (never heard the sound part but considering the design it is believable) she didn't like wearing it. Other then for portraits, she didn't wear it often. Her brother allowed her to continue to wear the Spencer tiara which was much lighter and more comfortable.

:previous: Maybe during Charles' reign if he implements different "rules" than his mother. My observation is that the Queen allows switching, but once the switch has happened then the royal is stuck with that tiara until the next switch, and I don't see Catherine switching away from the Lovers Knot tiara.

The upcoming Dutch state visit will be a good opportunity to see if the royal ladies such as the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Cambridge will stick with their current "designated tiaras", or if some kind of rotation will occur.

Although they are probably above that kind of mundane, middle-class thinking, I still assume that the Windsors will want to look their best at a state dinner for the Dutch monarch considering that the Orange-Nassaus have a known tendency to "show off" on state visits to the UK, as seen in previous visits by Queen Juliana and Queen Beatrix.

Last edited:
I'm sure that I once read that Princess Diana got headaches from the heavy Lover's Knot tiara. Empress Michiko stopped wearing tiaras completely. Some royal ladies, like Britain's Queen Victoria, get migraines and stop wearing the heavy tiaras.

The upcoming Dutch state visit will be a good opportunity to see if the royal ladies such as the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Cambridge will stick with their current "designated tiaras", or if some kind of rotation will occur.

Although they are probably above that kind of mundane, middle-class thinking, I still assume that the Windsors will want to look their best at a state dinner for the Dutch monarch considering that the Orange-Nassaus have a known tendency to "show off" on state visits to the UK, as seen in previous visits by Queen Juliana and Queen Beatrix.

Camilla is not in the same boat as Kate, nor is Sophie. Like Anne, both women have other tiaras at their disposal. They don't rely simply on the queen loaning. Camilla has her family tiara she wears at times, as well as she having possession of the Teck crescent (which she hasn't chosen to wear). The only questionable 'is it out of her rotation' is the Durbar which she hasn't worn again.

Sophie has 2 tiaras, well 3 considering her wedding tiara but she hasn't worn that in a few years now.The five aquamarine which is from the queen's collection and her necklace tiara.

I would love to see Kate in the lotus again. I find that the smaller delicate tiara actually suits her better. But I think by Choice she will choose to wear the lovers knott.

At the spanish State Visit last year the Duchesses of Cornwall and Cambridge wore their usual tiaras. The Duchess of Cornwall also wore one her pearl chikers which she seems to prefer now also for white tie functions and notn one of her diamond necklaces. So i expect them to do the same for the dutch State Visit but i would be nice if _Camnilla would bring out the Delhi Durbar tiara again and not one her pearl chokers.

At the spanish State Visit last year the Duchesses of Cornwall and Cambridge wore their usual tiaras. The Duchess of Cornwall also wore one her pearl chikers which she seems to prefer now also for white tie functions and notn one of her diamond necklaces. So i expect them to do the same for the dutch State Visit but i would be nice if _Camnilla would bring out the Delhi Durbar tiara again and not one her pearl chokers.

For what it is worth, Camilla did use a diamond necklace for the CHOGM dinner this year. Perhaps there is hope, and she will use either the collet necklace or the Greville 3 string for the Dutch state dinner.

As regards CAtherine, unlikely as it is at this stage, I would love to see her use Queen Mary's Fringe tiara for the dinner. Failing which, I think it will be the QM Lovers Knot tiara, hopefully paired with the Nizam necklace. -

There´s going to be a Dutch state visit? Since when? I thought there wasn't going to be one for many years to come.

Back
Top Bottom