The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-13-2015, 10:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
I think that is the one of the gems my Mom mentioned. At least I remember her mentioning that Diana wore it on her neck and Camila as a broach.

And here it is:
Is Camilla, Duchess Of Cornwall, Wearing Princess Diana's Pendant? (PHOTOS, POLL)

And then there is the tiara:
On camilla
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/527061962611974634/
On Diana
Royal Wedding: Kate Middelton and Prince William clash with Charles and Camilla over tiaras | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
It certainly looks like she wore the same tiara at least. And I am seeing it in a lot of Diana's official portraits over the years!

Tacky really, considering how many others are available for use.
The picture of Camilla in the Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara is just a photoshop. The picture used is from the ones released to mark Camilla's 60th birthday, and were taken at Highgrove. This was the first time she wore the collet necklace that was formerly used by QEQM. Camilla has NEVER publicly worn the Lovers Knot tiara.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love the photoshopped wedding picture of William and Catherine. Looks better than the actual wedding photos imo.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
[/URL]

But it's a different PoW feathers brooch. I think there were a few of them.

I don't think there's any chance Camilla would ever wear the same piece of jewellery that Diana wore.
I've read that there are three separate ones.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think that is the one of the gems my Mom mentioned. At least I remember her mentioning that Diana wore it on her neck and Camila as a broach.

[....]

On camilla

[....]
That picture is photoshopped from A to Z. And a bad photoshop even.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:05 PM
Royal Highness

The real picture :

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...sCamilla15.jpg
Old 09-13-2015, 01:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Thank you for sharing the real photo of Camilla and Charles.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:17 PM
Courtier

I think that is one of the nicest photographs I have ever seen of PC and DOC together.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
[/URL]

But it's a different PoW feathers brooch. I think there were a few of them.

I don't think there's any chance Camilla would ever wear the same piece of jewellery that Diana wore.
Whether the same or different - in my mind it does not matter. Once you are married to the POW - you get to wear that brooch. It's part of the gig. Just like wearing regimental badges - it is part of the job.

I loved Diana, but I would be the first to say that had she lived and been publicly possessive of the jewels that she could no longer wear, that I would call that petty. You can't hang with Mother Teresa and worry for the poor and then demand that anything of value that you wore be locked in a vault in your memory. It's laughable.
And that 2011 DM article made me laugh a lot. As if the woman with the scuffed heels who wore wheat to her wedding could have cared if Kate wore flowers. And as if flowers and a tiara have never been used together. But that was what the DM was peddling back then.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:29 PM
Courtier

D.O.C also has her own family tiaria, as I understand it that she wore on her first wedding day and has worn recently.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes indeed, her own family's diadem is regularly seen. See picture. Like Diana's family diadem was regularly seen. See picture.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:04 PM
Royal Highness

To be back on the tracks, i find utterly sad, if not disturbing, that a part of the public could believe this VERY BAD potoshop. I presume it's a reassuring proof that, for them, Camilla is indeed the consumate and insensitive b... they had always imagined.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:49 PM
Courtier

I believe that as a rule the current DOC tries not to wear any further jewellery closely associated with Diana, Princess of Wales. There was also much speculation as I remember it at the time of their marriage regarding her title and how it was legally possible for her have a Wales title but it was believed that The Cornwall one was a more, em, tactful fit. Her engagement ring is one of the late Queen Mothers, she has worn a tiaria closely associated with her so I suspect there may be more treasures coming from that direction? I also like her modern dragon fly brooches.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:

And here it is:
Is Camilla, Duchess Of Cornwall, Wearing Princess Diana's Pendant? (PHOTOS, POLL)

On camilla
On Diana
Royal Wedding: Kate Middelton and Prince William clash with Charles and Camilla over tiaras | Daily Mail Online
There are other such photoshops out there and they are done and posted with the aim of causing dissent. The motives are vile although I have to admit I find it difficult to understand how anyone could think it was real. The same applies to other photoshops;

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...9ee7cf9d28.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...tessede/7c.jpg

But this is my favourite photoshop;

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...tessede/mm.jpg

But since this is the only occasion that Camilla has worn the Delhi Durbar tiara, I have to wonder if it was a one time loan'

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...5-_604193a.jpg
Old 09-14-2015, 04:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The picture of Camilla in the Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara is just a photoshop. The picture used is from the ones released to mark Camilla's 60th birthday, and were taken at Highgrove. This was the first time she wore the collet necklace that was formerly used by QEQM. Camilla has NEVER publicly worn the Lovers Knot tiara.
Oh! Thanks Muriel, I will tell my mother. That will keep her heart rate at a more acceptable level.

How embarrassing, I totally fell for it! I misjudged Cammy.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That picture is photoshopped from A to Z. And a bad photoshop even.

Hmm...this whole tread is bad...bad taste,intended to throw unmentioned substances to a wonderfull Lady and her wairing a gem or not...Really!
Rags time,or ragtime,anyway,below the belt..Taste is a wonderfull thing when one has it,no taste is a nuisance when one elaborates over nada and nada again intended to do the above only...the wairing of a whopper or two by HRH The Duchess...What a laugh,seriously.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:19 AM
Majesty

Actually Lucien, you're absolutely right. This thread does always seem to end up discussing the size and merit of particular jewels and who is deemed fit or not to wear them.

And then there are the photoshops that are created for no other reason than to cause further aggravation.

Tags
british royal family, jewellery, tiaras