Crown Princess Victoria Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do like the Nine Prong tiara, which goes back to Queen Sofia and the 1870s. 'Octopus' is funny, but the tiara rather is too beautiful to deserve the nickname, IMO. Queen Silvia used to share it with Princess Lilian in the 1970s but it has become one of her favorites since, and I don't see it being worn by CP Victoria for the wedding.

The 'double tier one' is the diamond laurel wreath tiara, inherited by Prince Bertil from his mother Crown Princess Margaret, and it's Princess Lilian's personal property. I very much doubt that it's among the possible wedding tiaras.

I have to say, even though it would suit her well, I have never liked this tiara. It looks octopus-like to me. Call me crazy, maybe I am.
I would still love to see a button tiara for her wedding, but I guess it's going to be the Cameo. Although I do remember hearing somewhere that PRrncess Lilian had promised Victoria her tiara, so maybe that one? The double tier one?

I read somewhere that Prince Bertil's will left the double tier tiara to Prince Carl Philip after Princess Lillian's death.

The will also stipulate that his and Lillan's home Villa Solbacken will go to CP.

I used not to be a fan of the nine-prong until I saw it properly photographed. The problem with diamonds is that in photographs they usually appear flat, lifeless and dull. But when the camera manages to capture the flash and sparkle of refracted light ("scintillation") they are transformed.

I can post this pic directly as it's been cropped from a much larger image and is therefore not subject to the picture-posting restrictions we currently have in place.
It demonstrates what a difference the right camera shot can make. Imagine how it would look in real life when the diamonds would be flashing light with every movement, however slight, of the wearer's head. Scintillating indeed! :)

The Nine-Prong Tiara putting on a show:

SwedenNine-ProngTiara.jpg

Very interesting to red all the comments of the either Cameo Tiara haters or supporters.
I am a Cameo Supporter, because of 3 reasons:
1) the obvious one is, that Victoria is marrying on the same day as her mother and thus will continue a nice tradition (even if THIS tradition is not yet that old)...
2) Victoria is "able" to wear substancial pieces.... best examples are the Cut Steel Tiara and the 6 Button Tiara.... that´s why I am convinced, that she would look phantastic in the Cameo Tiara
3) I really like the Connaught Tiara -- and I would live to see Victoria wearing it after her wedding. But NOT for the wedding itself -- because the tiara is too delicate for the massive veil. And I am 100% sure, that she will wear her mother´s veil. So looking at the pics of Pss Christina again and again I did not like her wedding headware at all!

BTW, extremly interesting, the story with Q Silvias Veil and Dior -- I have never heard that before, many thanks for sharing..... what a drama, I would have gone mad, if I may have found that out directly prior to my wedding... and then even a King´s wedding....
BYe Bine

I am definitely not a fan of the Cameo tiara, full stop! However, the wretched thing is so OTT and frou frou it even manages to overpower the historic wedding veil that everyone seems sure Victoria will wear.

Great heavens! Look what happen to her mother! The tiara and veil walked up the aisle, she disappeared under the magnificence of it all and to add insult to injury, the dress was a total non-event. I have seen more intricate Nuns Habit's than Queen Sofia's wedding dress. Ugh!

There is however one more historical point of interest. This is the wedding of the Bernadotte Heir, not the spouse to be. CP Victoria will be a Queen in her own right and somehow the "traditions" relating to former princesses and Crown Princesses who wore the Cameo and veil on their wedding day just don't seem right. Madeline could easily follow that tradition, but not Victoria.

This is a brave new world and one day Victoria will be Queen of Sweden. It seems right that she should set a precedent, it is, after all her one and only grand event, the coronation being more of an affirmation and a political transfer of power.

Hi, Marg,
so what do you think, she will wear????
For a future Queen-to-be the Connaught Tiara could be too small? A large one like the Nine Prong? You are not thinking of the Braganza, no?
BYe Bine

So finally we don't know. However I like the idea of Victoria setting her own tradition as future queen of Sweden. She will for sure wear something traditional - the veil? - but otherwise -she should choose the most beautiful tiara she can think of for her special day. To look like a real queen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think there is any chance there might be a new "Victoria" tiara that will premiere at the wedding?

Is there a difference between a tiara and a crown?

I hope tradition is kept & Victoria wears the Cameo tiara.

Never ever - PLEASE -mercy - she has worn such beautiful dresses recently (I really loved the delicate one from the Danish birthday celebrations) - so I assume that the wedding dress will be something like this ... and the Cameo woudl not fit at all. My tip is still the Connaught. let's make a bet.:whistling:

I agree so much! The Connaught tiara would make the much nicher wedding tiara, it is so lovely! Yet I am convinced that Victoria will not please me in that respect. I bet she'll wear the cameo tiara and I only hope that she will manage to look good with it (not an easy task imho, the cameo tiara just looks too solid, heavy and busy to go with a wedding dress.)
But I was wondering if the happy bride will also wear a special tiara for the pre-wedding festivities? Something she hasn't worn before, like the Connougth or the ruby tiara? Or maybe she will receive a tiara a wedding present, preferedly one with a family history, like the aquamarine tiara.
Please, please, please... not one of the button tiaras and not just a mere broock:ohmy:

Get out your tissues, Cameo haters!
:lol: This is good news for a cameo lover like me :lol: and in the swedish version of the page there is a picture of the tiara as well... Lets hope this means we are going to see Victoria in the cameo tiara on her wedding day ;)

I'm thinking it will be the cameo tiara, just a feeling. I used to not like it, but the on the RJWB there were some close up shots of it and it really is beautiful.

Ugh, I really hope she doesn't wear the Cameo Tiara, it's so ugly. There are so many other beautiful tiaras she could get her hands on, she should choose one of them. She's already marrying on her parents' wedding anniversary, does she have to wear the same tiara?

Irrespective of her choice of tiara, I am sure Victoria will look lovely at her wedding

In one of the stamps printed to celebrate Victoria's wedding she's portrayed wearing the leaf tiara. Somebody knows why this choice?

The Connaught Tiara would be lovely. I wish we could see her in a brand-new tiara, one given to her specifically for her wedding. There has to be something in the Swedish Crown Jewels we haven't seen.

The Connaught Tiara would be lovely. I wish we could see her in a brand-new tiara, one given to her specifically for her wedding. There has to be something in the Swedish Crown Jewels we haven't seen.
Something tells me that Queen Silvia wouldn't let tiaras lie around unused, unless they were completely ugly. There is a slim chance that the King acquired back Princess Margaretha's aquamarine tiara. But if so, why didn't HM wear it? One possible explanation might be consideration for Princess Margaretha, not wanting to highlight the financial troubles of her husband again. If that were the case, it's likely that the tiara stays hidden in the vaults for a little longer.
How I would love to see CP Victoria receiving a tiara as a wedding present! But I think that she should wear an historical tiara with family history on the wedding day itself. I agree with Sister Morphine that the Connaught Tiara would be absolutely lovely. But I also think that the Cameo Tiara has far better chances to make the race.

I did not know about the Aquamarine tiara - and the story. So I started to search for info. Maybe there are others around who are also interested.
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Princess Benedikte's wedding photo / Princess Margaretha
I don't think that this tiara would be used as wedding tiara - it is a little bit too massive, but I like aquamarines and I find it sad that such beautiful pieces are sold and are not available anymore. In general I regret that members of RFs tend to sell pieces with historical value and that there is no attempt to aquire new pieces.

Well, it looks quite nice, certainly much, much better than no wedding tiara at al!. And it was the only tiara available for Princess Margaretha's daughter.
But for CP Victoria? No way! She will wear one of the historic tiaras which have stayed in the main-line of the SRF. I can imagine her wearing it at the pre-wedding or as a wedding gift that she starts wearing after the wedding. But even that is fairly unlikely.
Who knows, maybe we will all be very surprised to see Princess Margreta herself wearing the aqua tiara.

I too think that it's unlikely that Victoria will wear it on her Wedding Day. It would be nice to see Princess margaretha with it. perhaps the King has bought it back and is now lending it to her that she can wear it for the Wedding.

If Princess Margarethe wears the tiara again, we won't know if it was purchased by the King or if she still owns it herself. But it would be wonderful to see it again and to know that it has not left the family.
Unlike Princess Christina, the other sisters are not often seen at white tie events (please correct me if I'm wrong). I am wondering if she ever attended any galas since the wedding of her daughter. Is it possible that she still owns the piece but just had no occasion to wear it during the past 12 years? (oh dear, I sound like I am very desperately clinging to the idea that the tiara was NOT sold.:ROFLMAO:)

According to official wedding website I think she WILL wear cameo tiara - there (in section Traditions,..) is said that it is tradition to wear this tiara and I think that Victoria will follow traditions (she share "traditional" wedding day so why not traditional tiara).. but there is always possibility she will wear other tiara, but I do not think so..

She has attended her brothers 60th birthday gala after the Wedding of her daughter. But then she wore the amethysts.

Back
Top Bottom