Hello Everyone

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David Lewis

Commoner
City
Milton Keynes
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to everyone,

My name is Dave and I have been interested in British Royal Genealogy ever since one of my children posed the question " If Prince Charles is first in line to the throne is someone last? and if so who is that person?

That inevitably led to the construction of a tree depicting all the legitimate descendents of the electress Sophia.

I used two websites as my guide Namely Wikipedia's "Line of succession to the british throne" and William Addams Reitwiesners, "Persons eligible to succeed to the British Throne as of 1 Jan 2001" both sites are good but have mistakes in them. Ive also used Darryl Lundy's Site "The Peerage" and many of the lists produced by Lois Van pays

I'm also a "number cruncher" by profession so I was also interested in how many descendents including illigitimate lines the electress has, how many were twins, triplets, killed in action and their country of birth.

My list is far from complete even though there are approaching 10,000 descendents.

One thing though is abundantly clear. It is getting harder if not impossible to get details of later births.

I constructed a chart showing the number of births in each year and the chart as you would expect shows a rising number of births each year till the later part of the 20th century. However it then drops down again.

I can only assume that there are a great many later births that I am missing.

I note that there is a threadon this site listing 2011 births and 2011 deaths. This will be a great help to me. Do any threads detailing births and deaths for earlier years still exists?
Regards

Dave Lewis

Back
Top Bottom