Pavlos and Marie-Chantal current events 6: January 2008 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Iakynthi! I appreciate the info. I will check with my local Borders bookstore to see if they could order the magazine for me. They carry a few international titles, but I have yet to see any from Greece. I would be very interested to see the photos.

It's good for you to read Life & Style anyway.Not only because of the royals,but generally,because they present special people with great personalities.No gossip,no offending comments.And the most important for me,no mistakes,either in the grammar or spelling.The best Greek I have ever read!Personally,I haven't missed an issue.And I keep them all,it's like an encyclopedia for me.Recently,I discovered the May 2007 issue,with the photoshot of Pavlos' family in the Bahamas,where they went for Easter.The one that all the kids were wearing the traditional red threads(it's a tradition here to put on the kids red threads around their wrists during March,when the spring begins,because we believe that it will protect them from the strong sun).It was an epic photoshot,about 20 (!) pages,the longer I had ever seen.It was also the 1st time Pavlos had stated that they had sold all of their cars and they only use bicycles,even in London.It was an ecological movement influenced by an Al Gore's speech that Pavlos had heard.

Iakhinthy what a lucky person to have access to the Life & Style magazine.
Thanks also for explaining the meaning of the red threads on the kids wrists, It´s a goo idea, because re is a very vital and strong colour.

You are most welcome,Carminha!Yes,the red thread is an old greek custom,so it seems that Pavlos is trying hard to keep some of our customs and even learn them to his children.I like that!

CP Pavlos and Marie-Chantal attended the 60th birthday party of Prince Charles yesterday. There are many photos in the Prince Charles birthday thread in the British Royals forum. It appears that they hosted CP Frederik and CP Mary of Denmark at their London home.

CP Pavlos and Marie-Chantal attended the 60th birthday party of Prince Charles yesterday. There are many photos in the Prince Charles birthday thread in the British Royals forum. It appears that they hosted CP Frederik and CP Mary of Denmark at their London home.

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/734/marie1do8.jpg

MC in a horrible dress, a leftover from Halloween or forgot to change after a gothic afternoon with Mary (in the background)? She is almost unrecognizable and without doubt not in a good mood.

I didn´t like the dress either. But, who can be in a good mood when its raining like that!!!!

I didn´t like the dress either. But, who can be in a good mood when its raining like that!!!!

Well, Carminha Stalker, that rain is very typical of the weather in Britain
as well as of other countries in Northern Europe, unfortunately I know that myself ;)

For more pics and discussions about the birthday party and guests of
Prince Charles, please take a look at the following thread:

The Prince of Wales's 60th birthday: 14 November 2008

No, I don´t like it. I like MC´s straight hair. I thnik that yersterday she had to put her hair in a bun.

But I think the bun is okay if the hair is adorned with a tiara, and yesterday the party of birthday did not require tiara..I think that MC is very pretty with a bun but when she adorns her hair with a tiara.

I don't care for this look. To me, it looks like she is trying to impersonate Madonna. Perhaps it would have looked nicer if she didn't have such an unhappy look on her face.

Last edited by a moderator:
:flowers:Yes, Iceflower, I do know how much it rains in England, having lived there for seven years. Still, it´s one thing to go out in your Burberry and umbrella and proper shoes and another to brave the elements all dressed up LOL.

I just discovered another old Life & Style issue (2003) with an interview with Marie Chantal.She had stated that when she was young,she loved to make experiments with her looks and once she had even shaved her head...Hmm,I would love to see some of those photos...

I just discovered another old Life & Style issue (2003) with an interview with Marie Chantal.She had stated that when she was young,she loved to make experiments with her looks and once she had even shaved her head...Hmm,I would love to see some of those photos...

Perhaps next time she experiments and shaves her head she will also decide to zip around London on the bike now that (according to another interview) they sold their cars and ride bicycles!:bang:
BTW that outfit, the sour face and the hairdo at the party were totally "new"...Perhaps MC should stop experimenting and stick with what worked so far for her.

Oh,I forgot the detail with the bicycles....It seems that someone has bought many many Life & Style issues while she was in Athens :whistling::whistling:
I told you,I really "liked" the idea with the shaved head.Actually I'm still looking for that photo...:D

Oh,I forgot the detail with the bicycles....It seems that someone has bought many many Life & Style issues while she was in Athens :whistling::whistling:
I told you,I really "liked" the idea with the shaved head.Actually I'm still looking for that photo...:D

Oh! What that woman shared with the journalists is a bit too much. If one lets her tell the story there is nothing she did not think of or tried. A long time ago she said if Disney World was not already operational she'd have invented it!! :bang:

You're absolutely right.But don't forget the best example:That her mother is the last Incan Princess...:whistling::whistling: The "Disney-thing" cannot even be compared to this one ;) By the way,now that you mentioned her appearance at Pr.Charles' birthday:I didn't see them arriving at the Back.Palace on their bicycles.I saw Nikolaos driving a luxurious car,not a luxurious bicycle with 3 seats or a "tricyclo"...:lol::lol:

Perhaps next time she experiments and shaves her head she will also decide to zip around London on the bike now that (according to another interview) they sold their cars and ride bicycles!:bang:
With some jewels too...

Incan Princess???

You never heard of the Incan Princess-"fairytale" before,magnik?
They seem to believe it.I still see many blogs repeating it...
What can I say?Having 2 daughters married princes,you've got to be someone and when you're not,you have to "think" of something ;) ...so there you go :whistling::whistling:

Some days ago, I found Marie-Chantal on the photos looking rather worried amd felt pity with her.

What sort of photos were they?? I do not particularly like the lady but I have no ill feelings towards her either. She is just too much with all those statements of perfection. It goes under my skin.

I think that Tilla may mean the photo of Marie Chantal arriving at Prince Charles' 60th birthday party.

Did she look worried?? It may have been because she looked a tad too much like Madonna than herself!!!!!!!??????

:ROFLMAO:Or maybe because she knew that she looked terrible that night.

Oh God!!! I just saw MC' s dress... and the haircut... The first, a complete disaster. What to say when you think that she is a designer herself...? The haircut? Ok! Anyone has the right to make mistakes! I liked Mary' dress, although a little heavy, I think that it suits her. And her haircut was very nice.

Everyone is entitled to an off day. However someone like MC who did not make any faux pas since she burst on the royal scene, the few last appearances are unfortunate to say the least.
Perhaps she should urge Valentino to come out of retirement again, soon.....The dress she wore at the opening of the latest boutique in London was nothing to rave about either...:whistling:

Okay, I know I am in the minority here, but I really don't think she looked bad at all for P. Charles' party. I felt the wild hair was a break from the everything-in-its-proper-place Martha Stewart coif. It wasn't outrageous. I liked the gown. I like dark fabrics on fair-colored people, esp. for something formal. Perhaps there was a slight - albeit very slight - resemblence to Madonna, but I highly doubt that was the look MC was going for. I will agree with the comments she didn't look like she was having a good time - at least in the photo of her in the car. But it's hard to make a clear assessment on something based on one snap shot.

"Incan Princess"

You never heard of the Incan Princess-"fairytale" before,magnik?
They seem to believe it.I still see many blogs repeating it...
What can I say?Having 2 daughters married princes,you've got to be someone and when you're not,you have to "think" of something ;) ...so there you go :whistling::whistling:

This expression emanates from a long time ago, when at a party she landed in a balloon, dressed as an Incan Princess!

Last edited:
Sorry guys but i've taken out the latest round of ridiculous speculation as none of us know who (if anyone) Marie Chantal doesn't speak to at parties.

The ancestry of Marie Chantal's mother is discussed at length in the two Miller Family threads.

Warren
Greek RF moderator

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom