The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece > Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 01:45 AM
Majesty

sgl,
Thanks for the article! Julia Reed's article has got sarcastically catty comments aimed at Princess Marie-Chantal. Such comments make the article sound like an exchange of gossip between the authour and readers.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:24 AM
Commoner

I love that Marie-Chantal has such good business sense. Then again, how could she not? :) Her boutiques are adorable, and it is good to see someone who doesn't just sit on their laurels simply because their father has money.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:30 PM
Royal Highness

MandysR,you must be her best friend.I can't explain it otherwise
Old 01-31-2009, 12:59 PM
Aristocracy

I´ve the same opinion as Mandys
Old 01-31-2009, 01:00 PM
Commoner

Judging by your post, I apparently don't know her well enough? Still, at least she's classy. Unlike the rubbish we get from Hollywood, etc. What is your view?
Old 01-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Royal Highness

My opinion?Seriously?I don't know,honestly.I just think that MC has professionals to design her clothes and she focuses mainly on the promotion of her business.I mean,she couldn't have time for everything,could she?On the other hand I respect her for having 5 kids-ok,she gets help,so what?-in my opinion,it's a great achievement,because it requires courage,loyalty and lots of love.And she surely has all the above qualities She's a good mother and I never thought she's not a good person in general.No,she seems very sweet.What I don't like,though,is her tendency to present everything in her life perfect and herself the new type of the "Superwoman" That's all.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Commoner

Thanks for your thoughts, and the welcome. I have been a member for 2 years now, and I hardly get a chance to post. I hope to do more in the coming year.

:)

Mandy xox
Old 01-31-2009, 10:36 PM
Serene Highness

As for the party, part of the fun of going to a dinner party is that it's a time when you can throw your diet to the wind and partake of the goodies your hostess is often serving for this purpose alone. While I do need to keep special dietary needs in consideration when I host a party (usually in a manner of a special plate for one or two guests) for the rest of the guests it's a night of liberation. And I'm thanked profusely. Probably why my dinner parties are always anticipated and well-attended. MC's menu is boring and not fun.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

That is what I was thinking. To me, it seemed like she was extending her diet to her guests. Now, it could very well have been that all of her guests were on the same diet, and thus expected to be served that type of food; however, judging by the tone of the article, I doubt it. At least the children were served a meal of pasta, and not this sparse cuisine.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:26 AM
Nobility

Be aware that the RSVP book by Nan Kempner was published in 2000, and that the lunch with MC was held in NY some months before, when little Constantine was 6 months old (as it is said in the book).
As it was a ladies lunch, with mostly young mothers (including Alexandra von F), the theme of the lunch was "diet" ; you can actually see MC and Alex with little pregnacy bellies on the pictures !
So in the recent article there is no insider view about how MC tortures her guests with ridiculous dishes ; I actually did some of the recipes, and it was nice (the grapes gaspacho, and the corn-feta souffle). Don't say I'm telling this because the actual cook was a French man !
Old 02-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Is this the current issue with the Obamas on the cover? What is the date of the issue? I'd like to get a copy.

Here is a recent article that mentions the food Marie-Chantal served at a party:

Julia Reed: Cheney Had the Blueberries, I Had the Chocolate Mousse | wowOwow

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound very good.
No,the food doesn't sound very appetizing!But this is why she stays slim;food isn't important to her.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Courtier

Julia Reed is one Vogue writer who seems to have her head on pretty straight and is not so much into fashion that she looks at life with blinders on.
Ms. Reed has been around society for a pretty long time and I don't believe that she would paint a pretty picture where one is not warranted. To me, she deals with the facts in a straight-forward maner.
As for MC, I don't believe that she is any kind of whiz-kid brainiac when it comes to business. Same with the designing end of her business. She is the face of her mini clothing empire. The kiddie styles she offers have been around for ages - they look just like the clothes that Prince Charles wore when he was a little boy. Money can buy the best of designers, accountants, managers - MC is not slaving at the designing board and burning the midnight oil going over the accounting ledgers,
Just hope that neither her father nor she had any money invested with Bernie Madoff!
Old 02-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
My opinion?Seriously?I don't know,honestly.I just think that MC has professionals to design her clothes and she focuses mainly on the promotion of her business.I mean,she couldn't have time for everything,could she?On the other hand I respect her for having 5 kids-ok,she gets help,so what?-in my opinion,it's a great achievement,because it requires courage,loyalty and lots of love.And she surely has all the above qualities She's a good mother and I never thought she's not a good person in general.No,she seems very sweet.What I don't like,though,is her tendency to present everything in her life perfect and herself the new type of the "Superwoman" That's all.
I agree, MC is presented in magazines as a superwoman ... but Who are the ones that present to MC as Superwoman?Herself or magazines?

After reading to Julia Reed, I think that, I would not invite this woman to my home, This woman is not very discreet.What would I cook to her?
Old 03-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Marie-Chantal was recently named by Tatler magazine as one of the top 10 best-dressed people.

Cheryl Cole tops 'best dressed' list-International Stars-Entertainment-The Times of India
Old 03-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Aristocracy

Marie - Chantal apperared at Financial times magazine in March. I saw the photos on her website.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Marie-Chantal has recently designed a tiara for an online auction that will benefit teen programs offered by the New York Public Libraries.

Here is a link that talks about the program (scroll down):

The End To Dear 'Diaries' Series

Here is a link that shows the tiara (scroll down):

My Sarah Palin Tiara is the Best! - Political Machine

I'm not so wild about her design, but I am pleased to see her working with such a great organization.
I just saw this thread. This is one ugly tiara. Is she using buttons from her children clothes line for gems??
Old 03-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I just saw this thread. This is one ugly tiara. Is she using buttons from her children clothes line for gems??
Check out all the tiaras that were auctioned off on this link:
Tiara Auction LLC - Auction Items - cMarket Fundraising Auction

Nine of the tiaras have the same basic shape/frame. MC's filled hers up with buttons while the others used something else.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sita780 View Post
Be aware that the RSVP book by Nan Kempner was published in 2000, and that the lunch with MC was held in NY some months before, when little Constantine was 6 months old (as it is said in the book).
As it was a ladies lunch, with mostly young mothers (including Alexandra von F), the theme of the lunch was "diet" ; you can actually see MC and Alex with little pregnacy bellies on the pictures !
So in the recent article there is no insider view about how MC tortures her guests with ridiculous dishes ; I actually did some of the recipes, and it was nice (the grapes gaspacho, and the corn-feta souffle). Don't say I'm telling this because the actual cook was a French man !
I remember reading an interview Nan Kempner gave the W magazine where she mentioned that luncheon and the corn-feta souflee. Her comment was that these ladies do not eat because they are afraid they may get fat.
However I am confused, if Constantine was 6 months old at the time, how come MC had a pregnancy belly?
I doubt MC "tortures" her guests in any way. Actually in one of her many interviews she mentioned that she had not given (at that time) a dinner party at her new London house yet. The reason was that she wanted to buy a new set of china so her guests would not be bored looking at the old china pattern. This is hardly the type of woman who will feed her guests lettuce leaves and celery stalks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
Check out all the tiaras that were auctioned off on this link:
Tiara Auction LLC - Auction Items - cMarket Fundraising Auction

Nine of the tiaras have the same basic shape/frame. MC's filled hers up with buttons while the others used something else.
Ugly is ugly no matter what material was used. The worst part is, in my humble opinion the fact that she used buttons from her line to fill in the space.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Courtier

"The reason was that she wanted to buy a new set of china so her guests would not be bored looking at the old china pattern."

My gosh, that is so embarassing! To actually say that in this day and age will not exactly endear MC to the hard-working Greeks who may not even own a set of china.
Such a frivolous and self-absorbed statement to make!
Old 03-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Royal Highness

Pamk,I tried to avoid commenting on this,but I guess it's impossible So,as we say here,in the country she desires to reign one day:"The world is burnt and she combs her....",you know what she combs,anyway

Closed Thread

Tags
marie-chantal, pavlos