Pavlos and Marie-Chantal current events 4: October 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

azile

Nobility
City
Vancouver
Country
Canada
[FONT=&quot]Welcome to Part 4 of the Pavlos and Marie-Chantal Current Events thread. You will find the old thread here.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
This thread is reserved for recent news, images and articles. Old photos should not be posted in this thread and will be deleted without notice. It is important to follow the Forum Rules & Guidelines linked below, paying special attention to rules for attachments and photos. Please also be respectful of the opinions of others, especially when disagreements occur. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Happy posting![/FONT]

Thanks, Ollie, for the link. Great photos! I think MC looks wonderful. I like her new hair style. It's very flattering and softens up her features a bit.

thanks olili for the link. she looks lovely and elegent. white suits her.

Thanks a lot:flowers:

MC&P looks quite good.

I read an interview that Marie-Chantal gave and the more I've gotten to know about her, the more I like Marie-Chantal.

Someone have to tell us what MC said House & Garden.

In this case, the commercial link is just fine!

Point de Vue (n° 3041) this week has a medium pic of MC allegedly opening a new shop on Madison Avenue in NY (opening or just visiting ? I thought there was already one in NY...).
They don't say much, but the pic is quite natural with MC wearing grey pants, a white top and golden long chain, and the same red/black nail varnish she had at H&G party in NY.

sita780 said:
Point de Vue (n° 3041) this week has a medium pic of MC allegedly opening a new shop on Madison Avenue in NY (opening or just visiting ? I thought there was already one in NY...).
They don't say much, but the pic is quite natural with MC wearing grey pants, a white top and golden long chain, and the same red/black nail varnish she had at H&G party in NY.

How many shops does she already has? MC/ Greek little imperrium:ermm:

Thanks for the tidbit Sita780, I like how MC's style is evolving slightly. That is the first time I have EVER seen her with any other nail color than the pale pink she usually wears. I agree that the pink looks natural, classy, and doesn't show wear but it is nice to change it up a bit sometimes.

And is that some strawberry blonde 'lowlights' I see in her hair at the H&G party??

I guess the article in H&G has to be partly understood as merchandising for the new shop in NY.
Aphrodite26, there are pictures of ONE event when MC wore red varnish in Seegerpress' site, but I failed to post the link. It is in 2001 or 2002 I think. With beautiful black feathery dress.

sita780 said:
A confirmation about the NY Madison Avenue Store...plus a pic of the four children

http://www.mariechantal.com/background.aspx
Thanks for the link sita780. Even though the picture is a bit dated, it's a nice one of the kids. MC must be doing something right, her children always look healthy and very happy in their photos. Wish we saw more of them.

Looking spectacular as always. I think she's the most eleant and regal looking of all young Europen royal women

We can see on MC´s website her House & Garden magazine interview. Her house is very beautiful.

Another proof that the article was part of a merchandising campaign. Thanks for the info Olili, glad to see you eventually had access to the pictures.
If I allow myself a commentary as a french person : "Looks like another penthouse in Paris decorated by another french decorator", except it is in London (although MC said in the Vogue article in January that she loved her new house because it felt like living in Paris. I can see why).
I can believe anything but :
1. it is a good home for raising a family : WHITE carpet under dining table, scary paintings all around, a flat garden looking like a prison courtyard ! Although I know my kids would love the Lalanne chandelier with monkeys, and I love it too.
2. it is a grown-up house : I feel the decorator obviously projected his vision of a stylish blond cold american lady, there is no place for Pavlos' side aristocratic european identity and transmission (except for the lovely coats of arms engraved on glasses, if someone noticed), no place for MC's blood and flesh personnality. I think the real first grown-up house will be the next one, when they hopefully combine this together.
Sorry for being long and personal and daring.

Artificial home?

Might it be possible that those home-stories aren´t made in their real homes but in some artificial "Studio-homes" just decorated for making that kind of photos?
I once heard that home stories of actors often don´t show their real houses but some artificial studio atmosphere.

Most likely the public rooms are more formal and grown-up while the family rooms are more homey.

Yes most probably. And you can rely on 4 little ones to create the "lived-in look" in no time...
Anyway I find many things very beautiful like most posters. I just miss the personnal touch from the owners, because it is precisely the people I do appreciate. Which is why I liked the pages with tidbits about MC, it is so non-snobbish to speak about your sunless tanner and tell the name of your perfume ! Loved that.

Very interesting comments from your last two posts SITA780. You've probably stated what many of us are thinking but will never admit to it. Regardless of anyones opinion, I do believe MC has her own sense of style and is very proud of it. Good on her.
Cheers,
MM

My last post was an answer to dbarn67 of course. Thanks to fanletizia who posted the pictures at the same time. Lovely family scenes. Who is getting the racing cars ? Any birthday coming ??

Thank you maidmarion, I was worried of offending posters, or even the decorator...

Not at all, and if anyone is offended, hey this is a forum it should bring on civilized discussion. No harm done. I try to find the good side of things even comments in here as these are easy to misinterpret especially on forums such as these.

Sita780 I agree with you about the decor of the home. I think I even posted previously that I thought it was a bit cold and too modern for my tastes. But everyone has different tastes (how boring would the world be if we all had the same tastes). I'd loved to have seen the bedrooms, esp. the children's rooms. And I'm sure there is a playroom/family room that might not be as formal as the rooms presented in the article. With a house as big as theirs, not every room could be in the feature. Too bad she couldn't just post her entire house on her website, huh?

I saw the last photos. Chrildren are gowing up. The restaurant that they ate is opossite to MC´s shop.

I like MC´s handbag. I don´t know which designer bag is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom