Pavlos and Marie-Chantal current events 4: October 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
King Konstantine and his family were in Gstaad. MC and Pavlos didn´t appear in the photos.

I only asked about there´re any photos of them.

Juliette2 said:
I don't know...5'7" seems very generous to me. She's often described as "petite" in articles. In any case, she does have a very fit and well-proportioned body.

Unfortunately,there are many reporters who donot understand that the word "petite"(in the USA) means a person 5'4" and under;too many reporters use the word "petite" to replace the word "thin." MC looks small next to her very tall husband,but it's quite possible that she is 5'7".

I understand fashion week is beginning in Paris today. Hopefully we'll see some bits of a smiling MC...

Fashion week lasts an entire week, so she might turn up at some of the shows, though I did find it odd that I didn't spot any evidence of her at Valentino or Chanel.

kelly9480 said:
Fashion week lasts an entire week, so she might turn up at some of the shows, though I did find it odd that I didn't spot any evidence of her at Valentino or Chanel.

it ends today. 22-25 january. Valentino showed his collection on the first day Chanel on the second, no sign of her or Pavlos

Maybe it could also be that now she has 4 children and her priorities have changed a bit. The elder two are now older and probably requiring more of her time and attention (rather than be easily passed off to a nanny). She seems a devoted mother and I'm sure her family comes before everything else.

Besides, she is a devoted enough client of Valentino that I am certain he would give her a private viewing of the collection when she was available! How fun would that be?!

In an interview she has in fact said that fashion shows have become a circus where people go only to be seen. I also think she said that she won't attend them anymore.

Not is Marie-Chantal busy with her children, I imagine her shops are time consuming also.

She said the thing about not attending more fashion shows and was photographed afterwards at fashion shows.

You are right.

sita780 said:
Maybe the same pic, but I post the link just in case...

Alex B.'s Miller Sisters Message Board: Photos

Concerning the comment on this page, I do not think one minute that MC is jealous of Mary. On the contrary as I understand things, she is very proud of her own "working hard" values. Apparently she raises her children like this too, in the interviews there are always hints about how they deserved such and such thing by behaving well or working well at school. Nobody else among royals says such things in interviews, as far as I know. Even if, well, of course working hard for her does not exactly fit the common experience...
I think this picture was taken spontaneously, everybody looked like they were doing there own thing, so I don't see anything that makes me think that she doesen't like Her Sister-in-law.

miaamor:flowers:

Isn´t there anyone who can post some pictures from Gstaad this year? I haven´t seen any yet.

Gstaad an Liz Hurley-wedding

As far as I know they didn´t visit Gstaad yet. Maybe in February. Only Constantine, Anne-Marie, Phillipos and Theodora have been there already.

MC and Pavlos are invited to the wedding of Liz Hurley on March 3th in London and India. This was announced by the video-text of our German "ARD"-channel.

Good news, thanks Stefanie. They might also go to King Harald's birthday celebrations end of February. Another occasion maybe for pictures of the couple... Let us wait patiently...

We'll have to see where she shows up next in public photos! In years past, she has been an avid fashion supporter and that has certainly contributed to some of the criticism against her.

Azile

Well, just to have something new to exchange (no pics or news, sigh), here is a link where I saw two nice things MC wore recently :

1. Boucle high neck cardigan (grey) (pic taken in NY last autumn, seen in Point de Vue october 2006)
2. Silk pintuck blouse (cream) (worn with jeans in pic page 126 of the House and Garden november 2006 issue with big article about the new house on Cheyne Walk London. I love this blouse but, well, even with this massive discount...)
Both by Chloe
Designer Fashion - NET-A-PORTER.COM

thanks sita780. she is a trendy lady, sometimes stayso on the safe sife with colors, but she gets it almost rigght all the time.i like the way she mix-matches things. Also i have noticed that she goes for chloe alot, there cuts are very straight, loose fight.personally dont like them, dont fit very well, but than it depends on body shape, which seems she can carry it off really well.

Can anyone post House & Garden interwiev?.

olili said:
Can anyone post House & Garden interview?.
No, because the reproduction of a magazine article in full would be a breach of copyright, and leave the Forums open to legal action.

Warren
Greek Royal Family moderator

Hi Olili, I remember you struggled to fing the magazine. You can see the main pictures scanned in the "press clip pages" of the mariechantal commercial site (by the way, there are sales). Dazzling or Dbarn 67 gave a good resume of the text on this same board at the time...if it helps...

Well, that is a long diet without any pics...I understand that MC&P should be at King Harald's 70th Bday party next 24th Feb in Oslo. And maybe some more pics on 3d March at Liz Hurley's wedding where they are invited. Probably no pics of the children though...sigh...

MC and Pavlos NOT in Norway

According to the guestlist made public through the Norwegian royal house MC and Pavlos won´t attend the 70th birthday-festivities of the King. Maybe they´re to busy preparing for the four-day-long festivities of Liz Hurley´s wedding in London and India.

Well, considering they weren't at Haakon or Martha Louise's weddings, either, I wonder how close they are to the Norwegians (Alexia and Nikolaos attended both, though).

What a shame...we don't hear much about them these days....pr see much of them...so much for the publicity hungry MC......

kelly9480 said:
Well, considering they weren't at Haakon or Martha Louise's weddings, either, I wonder how close they are to the Norwegians (Alexia and Nikolaos attended both, though).

I know that they´re very close friends to Haakon and Mette-Marit (don´t know about Märtha), as they meet pretty regularly in private in London,
they´ve spent a holiday together in Greece and - the most important hint they are close - Pavlos was chosen to be one of Sverre Magnus´godfathers in return of Mette-Marit being the godmother to Odysseus!

Wonder why....

.....MC and Pavlos of all people don´t attend the Norwegian festivities. I always thought they´re close friends to M-M and Haakon. Haven´t seen both (MC and Pavlos) in public lately anyway and I´ m a little worried.
By the way: Alexia didn´t attend Märtha-Louise´s wedding. Only Nicholaos did.
Now only Alexia and husband attend in Norway next week (of course together with A-M and Constantine) what I think is kind of uncommon. Not even Nicholaos is coming. Maybe he separated from Tatiana (didn´t see both together since mid of December when they attended this Greek party in London) and they don´t want to whip up emotions again as of a relation (wishful thinking) between him and Victoria who also attends (officially without Daniel...)

It seems as Marie-Chantal and Mette-Marit get along very well. Besides I think Mette-Marit admires Marie-Chantal´s style and often dresses in Valentino like marie-Chantal and likes to buy expensive clothes.
wartenberg7 said:
I know that they´re very close friends to Haakon and Mette-Marit (don´t know about Märtha), as they meet pretty regularly in private in London,
they´ve spent a holiday together in Greece and - the most important hint they are close - Pavlos was chosen to be one of Sverre Magnus´godfathers in return of Mette-Marit being the godmother to Odysseus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom