The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Courtier

Caroline's Absence

Does anyone else agree that Caroline's absence from such an important event honoring her mother is really her commentary on her brother's relationship with Charlene? I do!

Old 07-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Does anyone else agree that Caroline's absence from such an important event honoring her mother is really her commentary on her brother's relationship with Charlene? I do!
Yes, but moderators don't want us to discuss this. There are plenty of rumours and convictions about with regards to Caro. She made sure that everyone knew that she was in Monaco recently (and not at all sick ), todays paper states that she was dining in Beaulieu at the same time as Jack Nicholson dined there with his daughter on Tuesday evening and also her good friend Lagerfeld is shown in St Tropez. He surely would have been to the opening if Caro would have gone. So would have the sachs and other friends of hers who are all currently vacationing in the area (not to mention that all of Graces grandchildren are nearby who might have been interested), some of them actually knew Grace and what a wonderful tribute that would have been. Some might have even remembered when she wore certain outfits. We will just have to wait for the Red Cross ball. We shall know more by then.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks Iceflower and tbhrc for the pics Stephanie looks great I like what she wore she looks beautiful albert looks great sad caroline was bot their but anyway great pics.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Yes I agree with you. To me it's a huge statement as she admired her mother's sense of style and helped to pick out the outfits in the exhibition, but I think we have to post this in another thread, maybe the Albert and Charlene one?
Old 07-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Serene Highness

it was said Stephanie did not like charlene eitheir but she came and her and Albert looks fine it was rumored to be a rift between them so if steph can put that aside for one day caro could have also. just my view .
Old 07-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Paca and Grace for the information I'll check out the FNAC site.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18 View Post
it was said Stephanie did not like charlene eitheir but she came and her and Albert looks fine it was rumored to be a rift between them so if steph can put that aside for one day caro could have also. just my view .
Do we know if Stephanie stayed for the cocktail party or only to the exhibition for a photo op? She is said to be closer to her brother than Caroline. Also I think Caroline did not want to give the press anything to write like how the family loved Charlene. What ever is going on behind the scenes I do believe has to do with Albert's girlfriend. But like you it's just my opinion.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks a lot Ice and tbhrc for all the pics! I really wish if they made a museum for Princess Grace in Monaco in which they showed if not all, maybe some of the items exhibited in the expo. It's great that they also are showing some items from the childhood of her children and some Grimaldi family jewels and items.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Gentry

i wish it the exhibition come to singapore :(
Old 07-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Aristocracy

Stephanie looks beautiful.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

Hello magazine online now has an article up on the event.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Aristocracy

La saga Grace Kelly

www.lefigaro.fr
Old 07-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Nobility

Obviously Caroline has her reasons for not coming but I find it disconcerting that she and her family are able to attend and be photographed in Valentino's tribute, and are absent in this extraordinary tribute to their late mother.

We are all speculating here about her absence, but should there be an issue which really made it difficult for her to bear, she should have at least done a Grace Kelly -- be gracious and regal despite inner turmoil.

Oh well ... I hope they do attend or grace the event and give it further publicity and significance.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Mónaco recuerda a su diva. SUR.es

Grace Kelly - Filmografía - SUR Digit@l - Hoycinema

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 07-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royrrules View Post
Obviously Caroline has her reasons for not coming but I find it disconcerting that she and her family are able to attend and be photographed in Valentino's tribute, and are absent in this extraordinary tribute to their late mother.

We are all speculating here about her absence, but should there be an issue which really made it difficult for her to bear, she should have at least done a Grace Kelly -- be gracious and regal despite inner turmoil.
Perfectly said, I agree 100%! Maybe we were 'dreaming' too much about possible Andrea's, Charlotte's or Pierre's arrival to the exibition, but it was naturally to expect that Grimaldi sibilings will be there for sure...
Old 07-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Courtier

I have just been to the exhibition, and I have to say it is fabulous, maybe just too big as it took me almost three hours to see it all, but amazing. Fantastic photos, family videos, dresses, jewels. I advise anyone who can to go as it is a really great tribute to Princess Grace.

As for Caro, I respect her decision; to judge properly we should know what exactly is going on in the Family and in Monaco...the Red Cross will shed some more light anyway.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
I have just been to the exhibition, and I have to say it is fabulous, maybe just too big as it took me almost three hours to see it all, but amazing. Fantastic photos, family videos, dresses, jewels. I advise anyone who can to go as it is a really great tribute to Princess Grace.

As for Caro, I respect her decision; to judge properly we should know what exactly is going on in the Family and in Monaco...the Red Cross will shed some more light anyway.
Lucky you!! I bet it was fantastic. Her wedding dress alone is really fantastic. Yes we'll never really know what goes on behind the palace gate so we'll just have to wait and see! But I do have to say that Princess Grace could be an ice Princess when someone displeased her such as Princess Antoinette's husband who was Rainier's rival. There is quite a photo of that moment that captures exactly how she feels.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Serene Highness

Actually hibou, it wasn't her husband who was his rival, but Antoinette herself who had ambitions for her son. Apparently Grace had Antoinette removed from the palace and they only kept lose contact and only after Grace's death the brother and sister grew closer and Antoinette and her family became more visible. I hope we will not see a repetition with ALbert and Caro. And I agree with Grace that the Red cross will shed some light, though not necessarily clear for everyone to see. But I suppose at present none of the involved parties knows what will happen. As one of the German chancelors used to say: we just need to sit this out.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Actually hibou, it wasn't her husband who was his rival, but Antoinette herself who had ambitions for her son. Apparently Grace had Antoinette removed from the palace and they only kept lose contact and only after Grace's death the brother and sister grew closer and Antoinette and her family became more visible. I hope we will not see a repetition with ALbert and Caro. And I agree with Grace that the Red cross will shed some light, though not necessarily clear for everyone to see. But I suppose at present none of the involved parties knows what will happen. As one of the German chancelors used to say: we just need to sit this out.
Thanks for clarifying that paca I just remember seeing the photo and the look on Grace's face. I think it was at one of the balls but what ever happened, she was not pleased. I wonder if one of our photo experts might know which one that is and could post it. It was probably published in one of the books on Grace.

Also for those interested in the wedding gown. Over the years due to both it's design and the delicacy of the lace the gown itself became very fragile and in fact was in grave danger of never being able to be viewed again. Thanks to recent efforts in costume and textile conservation and the amazing efforts of Dilys Blum, Curator of Costume and Textiles at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the dress was able to travel to Monaco for this special occasion. It remains in fragile condition but thanks to all those at the Philadelphia Museum of Art we are once again able to view this special gown.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Also for those interested in the wedding gown. Over the years due to both it's design and the delicacy of the lace the gown itself became very fragile and in fact was in grave danger of never being able to be viewed again. Thanks to recent efforts in costume and textile conservation and the amazing efforts of Dilys Blum, Curator of Costume and Textiles at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the dress was able to travel to Monaco for this special occasion. It remains in fragile condition but thanks to all those at the Philadelphia Museum of Art we are once again able to view this special gown.
I am definitely going to see the exhibition when it comes to NYC at Sotheby's in October.