HSH Prince Albert Current Events 21 : Dec.2006 - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
libra65 said:
Hibou, according to this link, there will be no outward changes to the appearance of the palace. I am glad because something modern would look awful.

Thanks Libra I'm glad too because it would destroy the interity of the original architecture. I remember when Prince Charles caused an uproar when he critized a drawing of the then new wing of the National Gallery in London eventually he won and a new architect was hired- Robert Venturi who blended the architectural styles of the two buildings together beautifully while still giving the new wing a modern look. It was quite successful. So it can be done well if someone hires the right person for the job. I still want to see what it looks like when they are finished. Hopefully it will be fine.

I wouldn't want the Palace to look like the Louvre. I really do not like that glass pyramid they put up there. It just doesn't belong.:mad: I don't think Albert would allow that to happen to his home. JMO

For those who are concerned about the new extension's architecture, read the following:

"It will allow new offices and meeting rooms to be set up in an adjoining 16th century building closed off when Monaco was under Spanish protection from 1524 to 1641."

It will be a remodeling of an existing building.

mwhite3182 said:
For those who are concerned about the new extension's architecture, read the following:

"It will allow new offices and meeting rooms to be set up in an adjoining 16th century building closed off when Monaco was under Spanish protection from 1524 to 1641."

It will be a remodeling of an existing building.

Thanks for the info glad to hear it is an existing building! They can call it the Palace annex like the White House.

Mwhite3182, thank you for your finding. So there won't be modern building,just the 16th century structure modernized. So we can be sure the palace architecture style would preserved.

March 14th They say it is your Birthday

HSH Prince Albert of Monaco,
"They Say It Is Your Birthday"Beatles song from The White Album dedicated especially to you on this occasion.
May God Bless you with health, happiness, and grant serenity to your heart. Don't forget to make a wish as you blow out your candles on the birthday cake.Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Prince Albert. I hope you will have a wonderful day and I wish for the right women to enter your life this year who will truly love you.

It seems like just yesterday that we were wishing you happy birthday for last year. Well, like thousands of others, I do hope you have a wonderful year to come. It must be very difficult to be in your shoes. We admire you greatly for your strength, devotion, and compassion to walk in them as well as you do. Happy Birthday. :flowers:

Late happy b-day to prince Albert.:)
Iceflower, thanx for pics of Albert. Wonder where they were taken.

Lakshmi said:
Late happy b-day to prince Albert.:)
Iceflower, thanx for pics of Albert. Wonder where they were taken.

They were taken on the coast of Monaco during the Prince Albert II challenge that took place a week or 2 ago. Many of his Kelly relatives came over for it and there were about 300 participants I think. If you look at the group of pictures, the gentleman sitting in front of Albert in the 7th picture looks like his cousin, JB Kelly.

I wish we would have seen Albert with his children on his birthday.

Ani

anag said:
I wish we would have seen Albert with his children on his birthday.

Ani

Sorry, but I don't think you will see him with the kids. He has said he will keep them private and that is the way it should be IMO.

libra65 said:
Sorry, but I don't think you will see him with the kids. He has said he will keep them private and that is the way it should be IMO.

Yes, I know that, I respect him wanting to keep his relationship with them private. But I still think it would have been nice to see...:wub:.

Ani

Here is a picture gallery with more pics of Albert with the blonde woman, Tosca had already shared a scan with similar pics:

Albert 4.3.2007

If you know he gets around, you have a better shot than if you know nothing about him? ;)

What is the next big event for Albert after the Ball last night?

Pics 29.3.2007

Here are two events of Albert, Suonymona :)

1. Albert at the opening of EVER Monaco 2007 trade show dedicated to the latest technical innovations in the renewable energy and clean mobility sectors, Monte Carlo, Monaco - 29.03.07

Pic 1
Pic 2

2 Albert with Prince Andrew at the cocktail reception of Prince Albert's charity organization Outward Bound at the Musee Oceanographique Monaco, Monte Carlo, Monaco - 29.03.07

Pic 1
Pic 2

Last edited:
Great call iceflower! There is a set of Dapper Dans!
Too bad they already have children with exes I would be afraid of!

iceflower said:
Here are two events of Albert, Suonymona :)

1. Albert at the opening of EVER Monaco 2007 trade show dedicated to the latest technical innovations in the renewable energy and clean mobility sectors, Monte Carlo, Monaco - 29.03.07

Pic 1
Pic 2

2 Albert with Prince Andrew at the cocktail reception of Prince Albert's charity organization Outward Bound at the Musee Oceanographique Monaco, Monte Carlo, Monaco - 29.03.07

Pic 1
Pic 2

Thanks for the pics. Is it me or has our Dear Albert put on more weight? His tux looks tight!

Indeed. Albert's tuxedo looks tight on him. But I don't think he has gained more weight. Recently, I had impression he lost weight, but now I think his recent suits were perfectly tailored to fit his new body shape.;) But the mentioned tux is probably from old days when Albert was slimmer.

I hope he finds another way to drop weight besides the stress of Charlene.

Pics 31.3.2007

Suonymona said:
I hope he finds another way to drop weight besides the stress of Charlene.
Here it is, the other way to drop weight ;) Albert today, skiing in Sweden:

Prince Albert of Monaco in the ski cross finish area. Pernilla Wiberg's 2nd World Stars Ski Event was held in Idre, Sweden, March 31, 2007. The 2nd World Stars Ski Event is a found raising event to benefit children. On the program Saturday was a ski cross competition and a charity auction

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Glistening Seas

:) t-e-rr-ific pics. what is PA favorite kind of skiing does he prefer cross country skiing as opposed to regular skiing :) :angel: :D

Here are some more pics from yesterday:

Prince Albert II of Monaco poses prior the gala auction of the 2nd ´World Stars Ski event´, a charity ski cross race organised by former Swedish ski World champion Pernilla Wiberg held at Pernilla Wiberg hotel in the Swedish ski resort of Idre Fjall on March 31, 2007 to raise money for ´Amade´ and ´World Childhood Foundation:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4 - with Swedish ski champion Anja Parson

How many people didn't even have to click on the last link to know Anja is a blonde? Although Albert's expression is rather amusing.

02.04.2007 Prince Albert of Monaco arrives for the Laureus World Sports Awards, at the Palau Sant Jordi, in Barcelona, Spain.

5741462_POLFOTO

5741460_POLFOTO

polfoto

Is is just me or do those links go to a blank white page for anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom