General Questions about the Princely Family of Monaco Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caroline is not heir apparent because she is not male. Were there a younger brother to Albert, he would heir apparent to Albert. Caroline was heir apparent until Albert was born, then became heir presumptive again. She would have been moved down the line (as Charlotte is behind Pierre) had Stephanie been male.

Monaco's constitution gives preference to males. Before it had been males only. Rainier had it changed so Caroline could be heir should Albert not have children. He did not want Monaco to be reabsorbed by France. Now there is no danger of that as Caroline (and Stephanie) have plenty of heirs. Were Caroline to become reigning Princess, Andrea would be heir apparent.

As to Albert now, he had a regency codicil drawn up some time ago which grants Caroline immediate Regency upon his incapacitation. If Albert were to become ill (unable to serve effectively, but still alive), Caroline would be acting Regent (as Albert was during the last week of Rainier's life).

This also allows for Caroline to take immediate control should Albert die although I think she would bypass the regency and just wait the three months before enthronement or possibly ceding her succession right in favor of Andrea.

I personally think that if Albert were to die without legitimate heirs in the next ten years, Caroline would reign for awhile to groom Andrea and then pass. But I've not gotten a response on whether or not she can do that. Caroline may only have the option of passing/ceding BEFORE she would serve, otherwise she would have to reign until death.

Anyway, while Albert is alive and healthy, but out of the country, his Council acts on his behalf, according to his (Albert's) instructions. Even while is in danger.

And I got this information from the Press Office. I wrote quite a lengthy letter before his trip (in March) asking many of the same questions. I even sent it to a Wikipedia editor but nothing has come of it.

Ann

Who from the press office answered the letter? (just curiosity)

But I would have said as well, that while he is gone his government will continue to work according to his instructions. Caroline (or anyone else for that matter), only comes in in times of illness or death. And it is not up to them to decide, but to the crown council whether the prince is still capable of running the country and who should run it until he is capable again. I posted a link in the achievement thread about the crown council and its responsibilities, since PA had just recently replace a few elderly members.

AustinTexas1961 said:
:) Hello. I am curious about something. When HSH Prince Albert traveled to the North Pole, did he put HRH Princess Caroline in charge of Monaco in his absence? Since this was a journey that involved a significant degree of risk and danger, would it not make sense for Albert to make "certain provisions" in the event of a major accident...or worse. After all, Princess Caroline is the Heiress Presumptive of Monaco.. Just wondering.... from Roman in Austin, Texas:)

I read the issue of Paris Match that talked about his trip, it looked fascinating:)

Importance of the Princesses Caroline and Stephanie

To start with the younger one.
How important do you think is Princess Stephanie for Albert's work and Monaco? How would you define her role?

lady-in-waitings?

do caroline and stephanie have lady in waitings like other princesses? and if not why?

also do the princesses actually do any royal duties except from the princess grace foundation and attending the rose ball? anyone who can answer my questions thanks.

Virginia Gallico has been the lady in waiting for the Grimaldis since the early 60s. After Princess Grace's death she became Caroline's lady in waiting and therefore she is often seen with her, like with Princess Grace, in several events in Monaco. Stephanie is rarely seen with her, but as far as I remember she was seen with Virginia Gallico in 2001's St. Devote festivities.

Both Princess Caroline & Princess Stephanie have a lot of duties in Monaco, if you take a look at their current news threads you'll be able to see that they're really busy and hardworking princesses.

mme Gallico also appears without Caro or Steph. This year she accompanied PA with Col. Fringant to St Devote service.

We can found this picture below of Madame Virginia Gallico:

1. The Lady in waiting on left following the Princess Caroline of Hanover ;)

11bt5qr.jpg

(Deadline picture)

Which lady? There are 2 on the left of Caroline.

The one in the background with the dark hair

Thanks paca. That is a nice pic of Caroline, too.

caroline reminds me of Grace in that picture. very pretty picture of her like burberry said.

Grimaldi family's Godchildren

Who are the godchildren of Princess Caroline, Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie? As a Roman Catholic family (even if they aren't strict Catholics, they are at least Catholic in the official sense) they must have godchildren.
Does anyone know who any of them are ......?

Stephanie's godchildren are : her nephew Andrea and a little boy named Mathieu.
Pauline is also Caro's godchild.
Louis is Albert's godchild and I think Charlotte or Pierre as well.

And Charlotte is Alexandra's godmother.

This is for PACA:

Does Albert still has the Tuiga? For the ones that does not know the Tuiga is a beatiful sailing boat, very famous and almost a collectible item. (trust me it's beautiful or maybe i'm just crazy about sailing boats:) )

thanks

hsh1969 said:
This is for PACA:

Does Albert still has the Tuiga? For the ones that does not know the Tuiga is a beatiful sailing boat, very famous and almost a collectible item. (trust me it's beautiful or maybe i'm just crazy about sailing boats:) )

thanks

I love sail boats too :D

I don't know if this answers your question, but here's a link to the boat:

http://g_whiting.perso.libello.com/images/yachts/yachtsbyname/pages/page_118.html

the listed owner is the Monaco Yacht Club.

It's a beauty!

Glistening seas

:) hi everyone. geez nice b-o-a-t. i am surprised it always comes in second. ;) how is tuiga pronounced phonetically does anyone know:confused: has it ever been raced since it's been in monaco. h-mm-m btw does aNyBody know approx how many boats does PA have :rolleyes: great hobby. :eek:

Tuiga - to-ee-ga...that is how it would be in Maori or Pacific Island language

Stellad

Thanks to all for their answers, I know they raced the Tuiga a couple of years ago or may 3 years ago, not too surre in the North of England and there was another web page that had better pixs of the Tuiga fully sailed and it was spellbiding :)

ALL ABOARD!!!:D

I have been wondering why it seems to be such a "faux pas" for Albert's children not to be involved in any family events. Just because they are "illegitimate," I don't think that can be the reason because Princess Stephanie's daughter Camille is not excluded from anything. At the very least, were Albert's kids at any Enthronement events or the funeral for Rainier?
It would be nice if they could attend other major events like the circus. I'm sure Alex would enjoy that, and I know lots would enjoy seeing him. He's such a cutie.:)

Life Magazine picture 1983-1984

Does anyone have any pictures taken in Life Magazine of the Royal Family of Monaco in 1983-1984?

Thank you very much

Was it about the Royal Family of Monaco or simply of Princess Caroline ? If it is PC, then I think I have it.

Also, I want to post this, I am not sure where it fits. Has anybody read the magazine that just came out called The Royals ? I was appalled that they didn't mention Stephanie's work with AIDS, or Charlotte' brilliant studies (even if she failed the ENS competitive exam, it doesn't take away all the work involved to get that far), or Andrea's work with AMADE. They focused on Stephanie" "scandals" (really old stuff) and Charlotte's "love of shopping", while they dwell on the English princes' accomplishments. That is just not fair ! I remember Caroline complaining (when she was young) that no matter how much and hard she studied, (completing the British and French high school degrees by the time she was 17) it was only her partying the magazines wanted to cover and she got really sick of it.

iloveroyals said:
Also, I want to post this, I am not sure where it fits. Has anybody read the magazine that just came out called The Royals ? I was appalled that they didn't mention Stephanie's work with AIDS, or Charlotte' brilliant studies (even if she failed the ENS competitive exam, it doesn't take away all the work involved to get that far), or Andrea's work with AMADE. They focused on Stephanie" "scandals" (really old stuff) and Charlotte's "love of shopping", while they dwell on the English princes' accomplishments. That is just not fair ! I remember Caroline complaining (when she was young) that no matter how much and hard she studied, (completing the British and French high school degrees by the time she was 17) it was only her partying the magazines wanted to cover and she got really sick of it.

Are you talking about the People Magazine special that came out a week or so ago?

Yes, I am. I forgot it was from People Magazine.

Allen_89

iloveroyals said:
Was it about the Royal Family of Monaco or simply of Princess Caroline ? If it is PC, then I think I have it.

That is just sad:sad:
BTW, hi everyone!

Update On Events Attended By Albert Ii

Can you please help me with the following

ROYAL EVENTS ATTENDED BY HSH ALBERT II OF MONACO
(Please invalidate if wrong...)

28/06/1978 Wedding Caroline and Philippe
18/09/1982 Funeral Grace
29/12/1983 Wedding Caroline and Stefano
06/10/1990 Funeral Stefano
30/01/1991 Funeral Olav V
03/07/1993 Wedding Alois and Sophie