The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #221  
Old 08-07-2005, 09:43 AM
marezdote's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Baltimore, United States
Posts: 1,528
I don't think her postion is really going to change. I belive that she will continue to do her work with things like AIDS but still stay mostly out of the spotlight. I think that until Albert get married (if he does) Caroline willl continue to be seen Monaco's first lady as she has been since Grace's death.
__________________

__________________
  #222  
Old 08-07-2005, 09:58 AM
dreed777's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South, United States
Posts: 177
It always appears to me that Stephanie is a very loving, devoted, responsible hands-on mother. She also seems to be very capable and sincere and focused on her charity work. I think that lots of people find her to be, for lack of a better word, frivolous because of the long stream of short-term relationships with men. But, in my opinion, just because she does not want to, or is not able to, commit doesn't lessen her other good qualities. However, the relationship situations are such fodder for the tabloids that I don't see attitudes changing unless she settles down one day. By the way, people who I've met who know her ALL love and admire her by far the most of the three siblings. :)
__________________

__________________
  #223  
Old 08-07-2005, 10:02 AM
michelle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ***, Germany
Posts: 2,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreed777
It always appears to me that Stephanie is a very loving, devoted, responsible hands-on mother. She also seems to be very capable and sincere and focused on her charity work. I think that lots of people find her to be, for lack of a better word, frivolous because of the long stream of short-term relationships with men. But, in my opinion, just because she does not want to, or is not able to, commit doesn't lessen her other good qualities. However, the relationship situations are such fodder for the tabloids that I don't see attitudes changing unless she settles down one day. By the way, people who I've met who know her ALL love and admire her by far the most of the three siblings. :)
:) I think that'a exactly what I wanted to say :)
__________________
.... and so I thank you, Michael ...
  #224  
Old 08-07-2005, 01:47 PM
michelle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ***, Germany
Posts: 2,687
.....does anyone think Stephanie doesn't deserve being respected ?
__________________
.... and so I thank you, Michael ...
  #225  
Old 08-07-2005, 02:06 PM
dreed777's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South, United States
Posts: 177
I respect anyone who is obviously as good a mother as she. Her children seem to love her and be so devoted to her. That speaks volumes in itself. By the way, it seems that Caroline also has a wonderful relationship with her kids. So I totally respect both sisters because to me the most important thing in life would be to be the best parent you could be to your children, above all else in your life. (Just my opinion, for what it's worth.)
__________________
  #226  
Old 08-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Lisele's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 133
Anyone living a gold fishbowl existence gets a thumbs up from me. If I lived that I think I would go insane. But Michelle is right, what we see is what the tabloids focus on because its sensational and it sells better than some other prim and proper image. Tabloids AND people (yes folks some of us are to blame - just look at some of the posts in this forum) love to see if royalty in general are people too. If we prick them do they bleed? Yes they do but since their lives are far more "exalted" than ours, we want to find something that would make them more human and therefore suggest that not everyone in such an exalted position is any better than us.

Face it, we screw up, no one in the world other than our family and friends will see or hear about it. Put a title on you and set you on the world's stage and every gaffe you make, every breath you take is recorded minutely. Ever think that Stephanie might just want to do something a little out of the ordinary to break out of this restricting existence? I think I would. But as it's been pointed out, they've lived with this from the day they were born, still I would think that like everything else, it would be irritating and annoying after awhile and to have to be dogged ALL your life, and be told ALL your life to behave... gets too restrictive after awhile I'm sure. So moral of the story, lets not be so hard to those people we adore because I know that given the chance to get to know them on a personal level, we'll either come out loving them more or hating them more. Why? Because we (at least most of us mortals) will not be in their circumstances and will continue to live vicariously thru them from a distance :)
__________________
  #227  
Old 08-07-2005, 11:05 PM
monica17's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Little Baguio, Philippines
Posts: 820
Michelle, what a sweet and insightful post. :)

Well, yes, Steph was a bit wild during her younger years, but then who didn't want to be free at that age (teenager, early 20s)? Everything was just exaggerated or more magnified bec. she is a princess. Perhaps her choices were a bit extreme, but then above all she is a human being who is free to make her choices, and not just a princess who has to be perfect all the time. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone in her family, too. Besides, only one part (lovelife?) of her life has been fodder for the tabloids. The press doesn't cover much about her children (she guards their privacy), her work, her charities. Which are definitely more important and meaningful than her "complicated" lovelife. I came across an earlier article on the Grimaldis way back in 1997-1999, and something about the line of succession then and referring to them (Steph, Caro, and Albert) as, "a bad girl, a good widow, and a nice boy on a bobsled." Of course, the bad girl part was all about Steph's lovelife. Excuse me, but how that does make her a bad girl? It's true that Steph may have to be more discerning about her boyfriends or husbands or as her brother puts it, "not always careful" (when asked about Stephanie being a perennial tabloid feature at an interview with Larry King), but finding love and getting heartaches or being careless do not amount to being a bad girl. Or being called "wayward". I agree that Caroline and Stephanie are very different from each other, but that does not make one worse or better than the other.

Despite the difficulties (being in the accident with her mother, losing Grace at a young age, being estranged from her family at times, career ups and downs, lovelife, divorces, etc.), Stephanie has done well. I am amazed at her ability to bounce back. She lived on her own, had several careers, earned her own money, represents Monaco, charity work, a wonderful mother.... I can go on and on. I think Stephanie has her two feet on the ground. And is a wonderful person. :)

You're right about her children - they turned out okay despite not having a daddy in the house. Lovely kids, even. Didn't Pauline and Louis appear on TV quite recently and some of you said they are well behaved and sweet? They wouldn't turn out that way if Steph is a such hopeless case.

I hope Stephanie doesn't take the bad press seriously or does she? At any rate, I hope she also knows that a lot of people like her and admire her. Like the Monegasques. Or like me. Wasn't she voted "most popular princess" sometime back in Europe?
__________________
Monica17

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
  #228  
Old 08-08-2005, 06:25 AM
michelle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ***, Germany
Posts: 2,687
Thanx very much , Monica...
Stephanie herself put it this way: 'I'm not appealing to everyone like not everyone is appealing to me' .
I think she doesn't 'need' to be loved by everyone but I feel like the sometimes apparent huge lack of respect towards her is not that nice.

Someone ( Sal) on the Stephanie-group had these words for it:

Quote:
Unfortunately when you grow up in public the way Stephanie (and
ofcourse her siblings) did, people feel they have the right to judge
no matter what you do. Because of the way that the press around the
world get away with saying whatever they want to, regardless of the
truth, rumours stick and certain people are too thick to realise when
they are reading complete bull.

But sadly Stephanie was in the car when Grace died, and so many
people automatically assume Stephanie is to blame, and no matter what
she says or does she can't win either way, no matter what she does
with her life.

The fact is the autopsy from when Princess Grace died showed that she
suffered a massive brain hemmorage when she was driving the car, and
thats when she lost control of the car. Stephanie was the one who was
quick-thinking and slammed on the hand-brake, otherwise it could have
been worse, but also from the damage of the car (because the force of
the accident threw Grace into the back seat) only one person could
have survived the accident and that was the person in the passenger
seat.

But ofcourse the truth doesn't sell tabloids, which is why there are
so many so-called journalists out there who like to make they're
money out of other peoples tragedy's and decide to tell lies to hurt
those people even more, they enjoy making money that way, which is
disgusting.

The truth is, once people read an article about Stephanie they make
up their minds about her there and then, and they can't be bothered
to open their minds to the truth about her.

One of the main reasons why I am such a fan of Stephanie is the fact
that she carries on, and doesn't let it get to her, she lives her
life to the full, she's a wonderful mother, a beautiful princess, and
she's always there for her family, inspite of what a lot of people
have said about her, personally she's an inspiration to me, and I
will always stick up for her.

The idiots who keep printing all the lies about her are either brain-
dead or jealous, or probably both. But anyone who makes a living out
of other people's hurt and pain isn't worth listening to anyway in my
book.

So I hope that answers your question hun, ofcourse Caroline has
certainly had her share of bad times too, but somehow Stephanie seems
to get the full brunt of it, and she doesn't deserve any of it.
I think they're very true :-)
__________________
.... and so I thank you, Michael ...
  #229  
Old 08-08-2005, 07:05 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, United States
Posts: 247
Stephanie IS obviously a very courageous person. Some people will probably never stop being critical of her. But her critics already lost their wars against her long ago because Stephanie won not only those past battles but also the ones to come. And she has demonstrated that. It would be nice if, say for example, a president would take time to spend time with only a few people in the same way we read about Stephanie spending time with many more.

David
__________________
  #230  
Old 08-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Casira_Azul's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: malibu, United States
Posts: 42
Smile Prince Albert's Address?

*I found this Palace address, and wondered if it was where to directly contact Albert...hehe....* ~Palais Grimaldi~ 2 Boulevard Des Moulins ~98015 Monte Carlo, Monaco *Also, is this ANOTHER Palais for the family, or is this the "pink" palais??*
__________________
People say, "Life isn't fair"...Life IS fair, it's just the people IN Life who aren't "Fair".":o|
  #231  
Old 08-12-2005, 07:03 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casira_Azul
*I found this Palace address, and wondered if it was where to directly contact Albert...hehe....* ~Palais Grimaldi~ 2 Boulevard Des Moulins ~98015 Monte Carlo, Monaco *Also, is this ANOTHER Palais for the family, or is this the "pink" palais??*
I believe it is the press office I was told at that address. They handle Palace correspondence. You need a more personal address to get it to his secretary.
__________________
  #232  
Old 08-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Casira_Azul's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: malibu, United States
Posts: 42
Smile

someone emailed me that this was the "good address". maybe i'll send my photo/bio <G>, for my Prince to add to the others! :0)
__________________
People say, "Life isn't fair"...Life IS fair, it's just the people IN Life who aren't "Fair".":o|
  #233  
Old 08-14-2005, 10:58 AM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casira_Azul
someone emailed me that this was the "good address". maybe i'll send my photo/bio <G>, for my Prince to add to the others! :0)
It is a good address however it needs to be addressed to his private secretary or it will go to the press office is what I was saying.
__________________
  #234  
Old 08-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Casira_Azul's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: malibu, United States
Posts: 42
Cool

Thanx for the clarification.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
It is a good address however it needs to be addressed to his private secretary or it will go to the press office is what I was saying.
__________________
  #235  
Old 08-14-2005, 01:46 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
I would love to write a letter to Albert, but it would take me like a year or more to compose it. I would make it so perfect.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #236  
Old 08-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Miami, United States
Posts: 499
CasiraghiTrio, what topics would you touch upon?
__________________
  #237  
Old 08-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Casira_Azul's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: malibu, United States
Posts: 42
Cool

Hehehehe....by that time, Albert and I would be married and our 1st child would be in the oven!...:0)***********************************
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I would love to write a letter to Albert, but it would take me like a year or more to compose it. I would make it so perfect.
__________________
  #238  
Old 08-14-2005, 03:03 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
hanovre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casira_Azul
Hehehehe....by that time, Albert and I would be married and our 1st child would be in the oven!...:0)***********************************
Albert is all yours in that sense, as far as I am concerned. My interest in him is strictly intellectual!
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #239  
Old 08-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Bunkycat's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In the Litterbox, Canada
Posts: 61
Unhappy

You can try but I wouldn't get my hopes up about a reply. I sent a letter ages ago and never got anything back. Not even a form letter. This was well before his father passed away and the whole NC thing happened. From the Spaniards I heard back, but not from Albert. It was disappointing.

Still someone here might have better luck. It might be that with all the negative publicity he's experienced lately that his press office will be responding to everything. Plus he fired the old staff so the new ones might be more efficient. Good luck. Let us know what you get back (as long as it's not too personal of course!)
__________________
http://xsorbit26.com/users5/royalupdate/index.php
  #240  
Old 08-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Casira_Azul's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: malibu, United States
Posts: 42
Smile

LMAO....sure, whatever you say..<wink>************************************
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Albert is all yours in that sense, as far as I am concerned. My interest in him is strictly intellectual!
__________________

__________________
People say, "Life isn't fair"...Life IS fair, it's just the people IN Life who aren't "Fair".":o|
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General Royal Genealogical questions Warren Royal Genealogy 13 07-14-2013 08:45 AM
General News about the Danish Royal Family 1: December 2008 - January 2013 Duke of Marmalade Current Events Archive 390 01-20-2013 04:49 AM
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 9: May - December 2011 iceflower Current Events Archive 480 12-15-2011 08:10 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman palace pom pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]