The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 04:53 AM
Heir Apparent

It looks like Mabel and her girls will return to lech this year. The family will pose in February but Mabel will not join them.

I am surprised that they Are all returning after what happened but I guess they want to return to normal as much as possible, and lech has been part of their lives for a while.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-02-2013, 07:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

I can't believe they are going back there....

Old 02-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I can't believe they are going back there....
Perhaps it's a way of healing for them to return?
Old 02-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Nobility

I think so too; better to confront the pain, than let it fester.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

Agreed Nice Nofret.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wondered if they would go back. Now, I have the answer. I think they are making a lot of moves to heal and go forward.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Majesty

Prince Friso steps down as Member of the Board of Belgian telecom company Telenet by request of the Prince's family Telenet announced today.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

I, think, it is their way of letting go. Sad.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

It must be so hard for them to do that.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:01 AM

Prince Friso

Although the current Royal House of The Netherlands includes Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, there is no mention of Prince Friso and his family. What is his present status, please?

I understand that he cannot carry out any duties because of his unfortunate accident and subsequent coma. Should he recover, would he be restored to the Royal House?
Old 05-25-2013, 02:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xigua View Post
Although the current Royal House of The Netherlands includes Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, there is no mention of Prince Friso and his family. What is his present status, please?

I understand that he cannot carry out any duties because of his unfortunate accident and subsequent coma. Should he recover, would he be restored to the Royal House?
I thought the Prince had withdrawn his rights to the throne upon marriage to Mabel. But I might be wrong.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
I thought the Prince had withdrawn his rights to the throne upon marriage to Mabel. But I might be wrong.
You are right, when chosing to marry he chose to loose his membership to the royal house (and the title of prince of the netherlands).
Old 05-27-2013, 07:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xigua View Post

He choose not to ask permission for his marriage to Parliament,in that case one ceases to be a Prince of The Netherlands and in-line to the Throne,he and Princess Mabel are therefore adressed as Prince and Princess of Orange Nassau and will subsequently never be re-instated in line to the Throne nor the title "of The Netherlands" regardless .

He never performed too many duties anyway due to him choosing to have a life of his own and a proper job as we here don't do free-loaders.Only the Monarch,his/her spouse and the former Monarch,i.e. Princess Beatrix,get an apanage,all others work and are either succesfull entrepeneurs or rather succesfull high level EU tops...Like Constantijn.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:04 AM
Heir Apparent

mabel is in malaysia for the women deliver conference. mette marit and mary are also attending.

Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-28-2013, 03:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

more pictures Mabel May 28 - News, photos, topics, and quotes

Mabel is is one of the panellists in her role as Advisory Committee Chair, Girls Not Brides, on May 29
14:45 – 16:15: Presidential Session: Ending Violence Against Women

ADD: another picture https://twitter.com/WGNRR/status/339.../photo/1/large
Old 05-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Good to see her working again. No idea if conferences like these actually are useful, apart for those who can go there on their company's costs.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:48 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Posts about prince Friso's health have been moved here.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

video "Presidential Session: Ending Violence Against Women" where Mabel participated as panellist (May 29)
Presidential Session: Endin... on Women Deliver Conference 2013
It's a discussion but she's also holding a speech at about 50 min.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love to see her living her life...and a useful life that is !
Old 05-31-2013, 07:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

picture from the Impact Awards with Barbara Bush, Mandy Moore, Theo Sowa, Sara Ojjeh, CP Mette-Marit
Photo by piacayetano • Instagram

another picture from the Conference https://twitter.com/MabelvanOranje/s...57245427208192

Tags
current events, friso, mabel, prince friso, princess mabel