Old 01-05-2005, 01:18 AM
Courtier

they make the boys shave and all in the army and cut their hair
Old 01-05-2005, 06:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieLouise
Training at Sandhurst!
Is Sandhurst a military school for the upper class only?
Old 01-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think so. But I'm not quite sure.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, it is a military school attended by the upper crust of society. Many many royals have (or will) attend. Prince Harry is set to go next year, Prince Andrew went, King Abdullah of Jordan etc.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Courtier

oh please not let harry become friends with felix... he will just go even more down hill... altough felix said just because someone is a prince doesnt mean they are his friends
Old 01-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
oh please not let harry become friends with felix... he will just go even more down hill... altough felix said just because someone is a prince doesnt mean they are his friends
Hopefully, his actions speak as loud as his words.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
Wow ...where did he say this? ^___^
Old 01-06-2005, 12:04 AM
Nobility

Hillary, do you remember the interview (originally in French) which someone posted in an earlier thread? Maybe if you search in Felix's earlier threads you could find it - if not, I printed out a copy and I can re-type it on here... :)
Old 01-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh yeah...i remember that interview...was there an English interpretation...i didn't know...no don't re-type it it would be a hassle for you katielouise i will just browse in his old threads...i'm sure it is somewhere there but thanks anyhow ^_______^
Old 01-06-2005, 12:50 AM
Heir Apparent

and the english version kindly translated by bad_Barella as well ^______^

English translation:
With the occasion of the national Festival, an exclusive interview of Prince Felix "Guillaume can always count on me"

Last 3 June, Prince Felix was twenty years old. The age to take its first official steps, as in the Esch-on-Alzette at the time of the national Festival.
Interview carried out by Daniel pol.-Soum

Thursday: "Monseigneur, you took part in the festivities of the national Festival in the
Esch-on-Alzette. In a city where 48% of the population are foreign, which symbol you allot to a festival which, at the origin, consists in expressing its attachment with the sovereign?"Prince

Felix: "For me it was a first which pleased very to me. I was touched by the side sympathetic nerve of these festivities which reflect well the multicultural company of the Esch-on-Alzette. My Guillaume brother was also sensitive for him to the attachment of these so various populations."

Thursday: "Your parents were always very close to the population. Which is your design of modern monarchy?"

P. F: "the proximity is a requirement impossible to circumvent and our parents show us the example on the matter. They always inculcated us the concern of dividing, as far as possible, joys and sorrows of our fellow-citizens."

Friendly,princes or not Jeudi: "Two recent marriages showed the opening of the royal Houses at the company, as it was the case also for your parents. Is this according to you a sign of modernity necessary?"

P. F: "I do not think that it is" necessary ". It is a sign of times, and I find that completely normal."

Thursday: "Many are the princes of your generation in Europe. Which are your relations with them?"

P. F: "I do not have really special relations with them. I choose my friends myself, independently owing to the fact that they are princes or not. The royal families rather form part of the family and I count more friends apart from this medium. To be a prince is not a condition to be my friend."

Thursday: "Except unforeseen, you will be never a Head of the State. How did one see the fact of being number 2 and he sometimes happened to you to regret not to be number 1?"

P. F: "With the risk to surprise you, I must say to you that we were thus high. This situation was always completely normal and I am content for Guillaume. I can say to you that Guillaume is also my best friend. I know that it assumes already its role perfectly. And Guillaume knows that it can always count on me."

Thursday: "Despite everything, you have, like your elder brother, receipt an education and a training of sovereign future potential?"P. F: "We all were educated same manner. The fact of being the "second" especially did not influence my education but allowed me to take note of certain aspects in the preparation of Guillaume to his future tasks."

Thursday: "You currently make your studies in European Business School. With which professional project?"

P. F: "Since my forced departure of Sandhurst following a wound with the knee due to an accident of ski, I continue since February of the studies in "European Business School"
in London. I would see myself much later in a great international group, in load of the questions of human relations or communication."" I leave like everyone "

Thursday: "Which is your project for the country, in the role which is and will be yours?"

P. F: "It is a question which it would rather be necessary to address to my Guillaume brother, not with me. He will have one day a role to assume. As for me, I do not know yet where I will make my life."

Thursday: "When you were child, one could meet you with the circus and elsewhere, like all the other children. Was this important for you not to live in an ivory tower? And now?"

P. F: "We were not high indeed in an ivory tower. I lived a completely normal schooling, initially in Luxembourg, then in Switzerland and maintaining in Great Britain. Remainder, I did a little scouting. With my parents, my brothers and my s?ur or between friends I leave like everyone, that it is with the cinema, at the restaurant or in discotheque. I was never high in an ivory tower, moreover I would not support it."

Thursday: "Which is the aspect of your statute which you find most interesting? And that which you do like less? »

P. F: "I do not have a particular statute. It sometimes happens to me to meet outstanding personalities. On the other hand, from my origins, I am sometimes somewhat exposed and thus I assert myself on the occasion voluntarily certain restrictions.»
Old 01-06-2005, 01:57 AM
Courtier

see, he is a nice guy. however, i wonder if it's just a public thing. it could be or it could not be. imo, i think they all are nice ppl, both inside and outside. i think that part where his brother can always count on him is especially sweet and shows just how cool he is. awww, to the whole article. and as an added bonus, the part about not having to be royalty to be his friend is a one up for us too ladies, hehehehe.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:24 AM
Courtier

speaking of natl. day interviews and activities, here are some of my fav pics of felix. enjoy ladies. it makes me want classic felix back rather than the "new and improved" one :). hehe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	felixluembourg3.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	75971   Click image for larger version

Name:	felixluxembourg3.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	75972   Click image for larger version

Name:	felixluxembourg2.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	75973  
Old 01-06-2005, 03:41 AM
Courtier

lol u guys are lucky to have me on your team... i stumbled across that interview out of some french search i was doing... i think he sounds like a decent guy...

you know i forgot how really down to earth he is...
Old 01-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Nobility

By the way, I wonder who Felix voted for? I guess it was his first time to vote... I did that recently as well. Rather fun... but that's beside the point... :)
Old 01-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder what they were voting for. Prime Minister? That would be very cool if that was his first time to vote. I did that recently also and it was good times.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:26 AM
Courtier

i've never seen that pic of him. thanks suturegeisha. makes me miss classic felix even more. we need to riot like the ppl did in the 80's to bring back classic coke. as a result, the ppl got what they wanted. hehehehe.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:15 AM
Nobility

You've all seen this probably but I like this pic: classic Felix, Guillaume and grand-père having a chat.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Voting2.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	76470  
Old 01-07-2005, 05:05 AM
Nobility

Glad you like it, msfroyste! Now everybody, I have found more evidence that Felix's facial hair is the evil work of genetics. Just compare these photos of Felix and his great-grandfather Felix (coincidence? I think not). Having said that, I think Felix Bourbon-Parma was rather dashing and handsome in his own grumpy-looking way.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Felix.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	76497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gala sportive 2004 9.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	76498