The Next Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Aleaxandra Of Luxembourg is not included in the line of succession like her three brothers sorry to say. I look up some of the lines of succession to a throne of kingdoms, principalities and other forms of monarchies.- Royal Watcher.

I have to correct myself Princess Alexandra Of Luxembourg Has four brothers but she is still not in the line of succession that is part I had right.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason for that is they have Male-Only succession (primogeniture). The only way a female would inherit is if there isn't a legitimate male heir.

Next Star said:
Princess Aleaxandra Of Luxembourg is not included in the line of succession like her three brothers sorry to say. I look up some of the lines of succession to a throne of kingdoms, principalities and other forms of monarchies.- Royal Watcher.

I have to correct myself Princess Alexandra Of Luxembourg Has four brothers but she is still not in the line of succession that is part I had right.

Last edited:
Thank You telling me .But I already know that only leigimate males can be heirs to the throne and that the only way a female would inherit the throne if there no leigimate male heirs,

I think most people that frequent this board know that Princess Alexandra can't inherit the throne. I was just adding in the correct word of what male only succession is. Plus this isn't a thread about Alexandra...this is a thread about whomever Guillaume will marry.

Next Star said:
Thank You telling me .But I already know that only leigimate males can be heirs to the throne and that the only way a female would inherit the throne if there no leigimate male heirs,

I was answering another question from other member he or she was talking about the line of sucession I wanted to help out a little. I know that this thread is about the heir to the Luxembourg throne and who will be his future bride only time wil tell who will win the handsome Hereditary Grand Duke,s heart and hand in marriage.

Next Star said:
...I wanted to help out a little. I know that this thread is about the heir to the Luxembourg throne and who will be his future bride...
Rather than helping out, you have contradicted yourself and merely served to confuse the issue.
Princess Alexandra can indeed inherit the Grand Ducal throne if all eligible males pre-decease her. Now that's settled, back to "The Next Crown Princess of Luxembourg", or, for the pedantic, "The Next Hereditary Grand Duchess".

a couple of years back, i'm not sure if this is still the case now- probably so, imo, i read somewhere that henri was working with the parliment to change the laws of sucession so that alex, or any other female, could indeed inherit the throne.

But I think it wasn't changed, because in every document I read, is the same. Alex isn't in sucession line.

I don't think they did change it, as far as I know Princess Alexandra is not inline to the throne - but she can inherit it and become a ruling Grand Duchess if her brothers would die and have no progeny in the male line.

mims111 said:
But I think it wasn't changed, because in every document I read, is the same. Alex isn't in sucession line.

For anyone interested, Luxembourg has semi-Salic succession law.
So no, the law has not changed yet. And it probably won't for awhile...:)

So...back to Guillaume's future wife, which apparently is not nearly as interesting as his younger sister's succession abilities. XD

Thanks suturegeisha!
Actually, I'm glad you putted theme back on Guillaume. Grim lady you putted me bug in my head, I'm still serching for that pic, but without success :) - but I'm never giving up :lol:

suturegeisha said:
So...back to Guillaume's future wife, which apparently is not nearly as interesting as his younger sister's succession abilities. XD

Could be because there is noone on the horizon?
Wiki says that Guillaume is a student in London - was he invited to princess Beatrice's birthday party? Did he go? If he wasn't invited I wonder why - they would make a nice enough couple, IMHO.

mims111 said:
Thanks suturegeisha!
Actually, I'm glad you putted theme back on Guillaume. Grim lady you putted me bug in my head, I'm still serching for that pic, but without success :) - but I'm never giving up :lol:

Lol, I am sorry. But the good things is that you're not alone. I've been looking too.:flowers:

Warren said:
Rather than helping out, you have contradicted yourself and merely served to confuse the issue.
Princess Alexandra can indeed inherit the Grand Ducal throne if all eligible males pre-decease her. Now that's settled, back to "The Next Crown Princess of Luxembourg", or, for the pedantic, "The Next Hereditary Grand Duchess".
Oh I thanks for bringing that up I forget that a woman could be Grand Duchess and by the way I wonder who will be the Future Hereditary Grand Duchess and who wil reign with the handsome Hereditary Grand Duke Of Luxembourg? I was truly not trying to confuse anyone but if I did I'm sorry, :flowers::sad:

hey guys! i've got a question ... the future wife of guillaume will be a hereditary duchess but, will she be a princess as wel? Will she be called, for example, "princess 'marie' of luxembourg"? or will be just "hereditary gran duchess"?

She will be HRH Hereditary Grand duchess *** of Luxembourg princess of Nassau. So she will be really hereditary grand duchess. But in some countries is this title used as "crown princess". Just look on Guillaumes title- and in some countries they call him crown prince Guillaume. I Hope I helped :flowers:

The English page of Wikipedia says: ''His only known relationship was with Norwegian Pia Haraldsen (between 2002 and 2003). (...) The relationship ended after a year. He has since been dating a young australian women named Ella-Ann not much is known about the relationship.

I was quite surprised. Does anyone know something about his relationship with this woman?

Hereditairy Grand Duchess Ella-Ann....sigh. Guillaume's grandmother will come to haunt him if that will ever happen ;)

We'll i hope this is true, good for them to keep the relationship so quiet. Ella-Ann is certainly a unique name. :flowers:

Uh. I would take Wikipdeia with a grain of salt. Anyone can edit those pages, anyone at all, and while comprehensive, is not the best source of serious information.
Case in point, a few months back I found that someone had written in on Prince Sebastien's page that he was "engaged to be married to *insert girl's name, I forget what it was, Anna something-or-other*, a friend of the family." I was like, wtf--the kid's only 15! It was quickly deleted...:-D
ETA: LIES! It was edited to add this:
"Sebastien is going to be married to Ana Cristina Yoder one day. She is the relative of his cousins."
And you can see the archived page right here, if you like.

ETA: AGAIN! I just checked Sebastien's Wikipedia page two minutes ago, and this is what I found:
"At the moment he is studying at Ampleforth College in Yorkshire.[citation needed]. He has appeared for the A team u14 rugby a few times, but he mainly plays for the Bs.[citation needed]. He will be going to South Africa for a rugby tour this Easter.."

I honestly don't know if any of that is true, but the way it's written into the page [doesn't follow formatting, no citations, etc.] makes me think it's just some random person writing this stuff in. Why would Sebastien study in England, when every one of his brothers and his sister all studied in Luxembourg and Switzerland? That's kind of bizarre, huh?
And I also read Guillaume's page--same deal there as with Sebastien's. The formatting is not followed in the entry and the spelling's off. Also, because I am a creep and a lurker, I found that the user who edited that page is from Australia. Hm. I don't quite know what to make of all that, if it's true, yay Guillaume, but it's all gossip and hearsay at the moment.

But thanks for posting that little tidbit, Marie Annemy! :lol: It gave me something to do.

Last edited:
But thanks for posting that little tidbit, Marie Annemy! :lol: It gave me something to do.

Your are welcome, Suturegeisha!
It is possible that Guillaume has a relationship with a woman named Ella-Ann, but at this moment there is no reason to think she will be the next heredity grand duchess! Even longlasting relationships (like the one of prince William of Wales and Catherine ''Kate'' Middleton) can end.

Last edited:
It would be nice to be Grand Duchess of Luxembourg but I am realistic that is not going to happen.The only way I would never became a Grand Duchess to any nation or region is by being created Grand Duchess in my own right.I would not be styled the same as the Luxembourg family not being from a male line. I would be styled HGDH which stands for Her Grand Ducal Highness and their styled HRH which stands for His/Her Royal Highness. So they would techinally outrank me but it would okay with me being I am still royal in my own right without marriage to a royal.

Last edited:
That is a rather intruiging post. So where will this new Grand Duchy be created? Grand Duchess of Ohio perhaps?

Just for the record, in the past all exsisting Grand Dukes were HRH, not only those of Luxembourg but also those of Oldenburg, Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Saxe-Weimar and Baden. The Grand Dukes of Tuscany could even use HIRH, as they were members of the Austrian imperial family too.

Marengo said:
That is a rather intruiging post. So where will this new Grand Duchy be created? Grand Duchess of Ohio perhaps?

Well that would cause an uproar in the US!:lol:

Kelly said:
Well that would cause an uproar in the US!:lol:

It does not have to be a region in the US maybe in a former duchy or dukedom. And still be royal in my own right.

in the imaginary case that it's not me the next grand duchess.. I think a lower-ranked royal girl (?) would do well.. as for example lady gabriella.. all of them exept for pia!

I hope he marries a commoner because the Brit and Euro royals are a tinsy-weeny bit inbred.

Yes, but that does make for a very interesting family tree. I get cross eyed looking at them sometimes... Peoples aunts are their sisters and cousins... etc.

Qualities to be royal consort

We have the theme about next hereditary grand duchess. This is the theme about which qualities she must have to be royal consort. i dont think it is only love of Guillaume. She must have approval of royal family and parlament. For example, in Spain Eva sannum was dating the prince but was described by royal watchers as unsuitable. How must she behave to win peoples hearts? Which qualities she must have? How do you see this girl?

I think the next hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg as described my Guillaume himself on Vanidades (a spanish magazine) must have a broad knowledge of political and diplomatic affairs, be fluent in several languages, like sports and music, enviromentalist and most importantly she must be an open minded, modern and independant women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom