It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It obviously was an IKEA Family Product - do you look round this shop as well? For I don't, normally. But then I'm only into IKEA for a Hot Dog, a bit of icecream and to buy crabs and Scandinavian sill.. The crab especially while they don't have much crabmeat in them, make for a wonderful base for sauces and soups... And IKEA is the only store where I can get these deep-frozen crabs regularily. My family just adores the "IKEA-soup" as they call it...

I just go to IKEA when i have to, because i dont like to have GPS with me all the time to find the way out:ROFLMAO:

Last time i was there i found a jar of mustard for 9 kr(1 euro) that in a ICA or COOP would have cost 18 kr

A Billed Bladet article about the Swedish court confirming that a nanny has been employed to help with Estelle: Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsesse Victoria har ansat barnepige

The court has had discreet job interviews with various candidates and now a nanny has been employed, but apparantly sha hasn't started yes, as Victoria so far is looking after her child herself. (I guess Daniel lends a hand from time to time as well....).

The SRF information chief, Bertil Ternert, says: "A nanny has been employed but I can't say when she'll start working at the palace (Haga)".

As a matter of fact Victoria was looked after by the same nanny who looked after her father, Ingrid "Nenne" Björnborg. Alas, having died at the age of 80, she is no longer available.

Estelle is magnificent name. Stella is very nice also but Estelle sounds very aristocratic and romanesque (it was not the heroin of great expectations?)
And i do not see the purpose of giving a name and using another! If they preferred Stella they should name her Stella, not Estelle!

Estelle is magnificent name. Stella is very nice also but Estelle sounds very aristocratic and romanesque (it was not the heroin of great expectations?)
And i do not see the purpose of giving a name and using another! If they preferred Stella they should name her Stella, not Estelle!

Did you really mean to say 'heroin'? Meaning the drug? Or did you mean heroine as in the female of hero? :flowers:

Tyger said:
Did you really mean to say 'heroin'? Meaning the drug? Or did you mean heroine as in the female of hero? :flowers:
Sorry! Of course heroine, as the female of hero! In the Dickens book "Great expectations"

I adore Estelle! Completely unique. I admit, it took some getting used to, but it is pretty and regal.

Did you never have a nickname as a child? Most people have them. Many people choose names which are good for kids as adults, but often sound odd for a little child. My mom was Marcella, but called Sally all her childhood, and actually it stuck with her and she still goes by it.

Did you never have a nickname as a child? Most people have them. Many people choose names which are good for kids as adults, but often sound odd for a little child. My mom was Marcella, but called Sally all her childhood, and actually it stuck with her and she still goes by it.

My name is Genevieve, and I went by Gen or Genny as a child and switched back to Genevieve when I was a teenager.

I like the idea of a name that can change with a person as they grow. :flowers:

I think Stella's a cute nickname for the little princess. Princess Stella has a nice ring to it.

[...]

I completely agree with you there. If parents want a Stella, they should name her Stella. Giving one name but using the other is like buying a dog and calling it "cat". Idiotic IMO.

Well, you weren't asking me but I answer nontheless. No, I didn't have a nickname. My mother did go by a nickname almost all her life and she hated it. No one would call her by her real name even when she asked them to do it. The only one who did was my dad. They didn't want this trouble for their children so my siblings and I got names whick couldn't be shortened or changed into something either sugary cute or plain idiotic. And we're all more than thankful for this thinking behind our names.

Estelle caught me off guard. I was not expecting that name, but I think it suits very well. Princess Estelle is quite catchy. Don't know how it's done in Europe, but in the US she would most likely be nicknamed Stella.

CrownPrincess5 said:
Estelle caught me off guard. I was not expecting that name, but I think it suits very well. Princess Estelle is quite catchy. Don't know how it's done in Europe, but in the US she would most likely be nicknamed Stella.

I'ts not a commong thing in Sweden to use nicknames like it is in USA. Estelle will most likely only be called Estelle in Sweden.

Bine221 said:
I want new PICSSSSS!
BYe Bine

Yes i want new Pics too, from the little Princess and her proud Parents!!!!

Prince Harry's real name is Prince Henry. Edward VIII and George VI both went by nicknames throughout their lives, or not nicknames but a different name then they were given. There are many people who go by nicknames, different names, or a shortened name than they were born with. I think its not only the parents decision to give their daughter a nickname, but it is a beautiful nickname.

Oh for goodness sake. If they want to call her Stella then let them. I'm finally getting used to Estelle and Stella is a pretty nickname. She will ultimately make her own choice as she gets older as to what name she will use.

I'ts not a commong thing in Sweden to use nicknames like it is in USA. Estelle will most likely only be called Estelle in Sweden.
Hasse, Lasse, Kurre, Kalle, Lisbeth, Magda, Marre, Stina..... Swedish names are very often made into nicknames.

Last edited:
We will see and hear, if Victoria and Daniel use nicknames of their daughter. So far it isn´t announced that they will call her Stella or on some other nickname.

I completely agree with you there. If parents want a Stella, they should name her Stella. Giving one name but using the other is like buying a dog and calling it "cat". Idiotic IMO.

Well, you weren't asking me but I answer nontheless. No, I didn't have a nickname. My mother did go by a nickname almost all her life and she hated it. No one would call her by her real name even when she asked them to do it. The only one who did was my dad. They didn't want this trouble for their children so my siblings and I got names whick couldn't be shortened or changed into something either sugary cute or plain idiotic. And we're all more than thankful for this thinking behind our names.

Never heard someone be insulted by a nickname. You seem a bit deffensive. I have never liked a nickname, and never been called by one, I ask people not to. Most people I know, respect what people like to be called by.

I think it makes a lot of sense. You see kids with these cute names, but you think 'wtf? what the happens when they are an adult?' or you look at poor kids burdened with a name that makes them sound like they are a 100. Some parents just love a name, or want to honor someone who passed away, but the name just doesn't suit a baby. Or a nickname is just plain used. Bill/William, Alexander/Alex........

And I have never found a name which couldn't be transformed into a nickname. And if not, people often get nicknames not related to their name.

Last edited:
grevinnan said:
Hasse, Lasse, Kurre, Kalle, Lisbeth, Magda, Marre, Stina..... Swedish names are very often made into nicknames.

None of them are royal names. The royal family have never used nicknames. Our King could easily be called Calle or Gurra but no one does that. Media is calling Victoria and Madeleine "Vickan" and "Madde" but they are not happy with that and they never uses that names in private life.

Last edited:
i hope for a three generation photo later on with the king crown princess and princess

Didn´t they call Victoria Vickan, because that was how little Prince Carl Philipp was naming her when he was a little child and barely was able to speak? And this nickname remained with her for many many years?
Bye Bine

Josefine said:
i hope for a three generation photo later on with the king crown princess and princess

I'm sure they will take a 3 generation photo on the day of the christening. I Hope they will take a 4 generation photo too. I know there are not 4 living generations in a straight line but i hope to see a photo of 4 generation Bernadottes with Princess Estelle, her mother Crown Princess Victoria, her father Carl XVI Gustaf and his uncle Count Carl Johan Bernadotte :)

Bine221 said:
Didn´t they call Victoria Vickan, because that was how little Prince Carl Philipp was naming her when he was a little child and barely was able to speak? And this nickname remained with her for many many years?
Bye Bine

Carl Philip said "Oja" to her as à little child when he couldn't say Victoria :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom