It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, think that it is a fast exit from the hospital, but it's wonderful that everything went so well. I imagine the Crown Princess will have much help at home with caring for the baby (and I'm sure her home is much lovlier than the hospital), so that does make leaving so quickly after the birth much easier.

I think the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel will make wonderful parents, as they seem so very down-to-earth. Congratulations to them!

Daniel was so proud, touched and nervous at the same time when he announced that they'd got a little princess. The announcement is so adorable. I don't know about you guys, but I can't help loving the man. Such a great guy, I'm sure he's a big support for Victoria.

I totally agree. He sure is a great guy.

Congrats to Victoria & Daniel, as well as all proud grandparents, siblings and cousins. I love how proud Daniel was during the press conference, it looks his daughter has him already all wraped around her fingers. Can't wait to hear the name they've choosen tommorow and probably see a picture of the new princess.

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel !!! :princess3: :swedenflag: :fireworks:
I can´t wait to hear what the little princess name will be and wich dukedome she will get. I have been checking the news the first thing i do at mornings for a time now for news about the birth and today it was jackpot ;). I got so exited and had to watch the broadcasts that i didn´t have time to shower before going to work.

Is it wrong of me to hope that the little princess doesn't inherit her mother's love of the ponytail?

Congratulations Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel! I look forward to seeing the new little Princess, finding out her name and watching her grow. :D

Is it wrong of me to hope that the little princess doesn't inherit her mother's love of the ponytail?

I have the same hope :ROFLMAO: But I do hope the baby will have lovely brown hair like her mother. Victoria does on occasion use those gorgeous locks to their fullest potential.

not since 26 januari 1947 there were 3 generations of royals what is the word in english nedstigande led

:angel::clap::princess3::cheers::champagne:
Wonderful exciting news for Victoria and Daniel and a great Joy for the new grandparents and Uncle and Auntie/Tante. Congratulations and can't wait to see the first photos of the new bub. We will have to drink the champagne to celebrate.

i wonder if the princess is the person who got a wiki page up and running fasted after birth?
born 23 February 2012 04:26
first entery in english at wikipedia 08:41
swedish 08:50

Well, William and Kate's new puppy had a twitter page and a website within a couple of hours of his name being confirmed. It's amazing how tech savvy babies and animals have become eh? ;)

Are the links in post # 316 only for the swedish people or for the whole world available?

Victoria is such a no-nonsense strong woman and at the same time she is natural, caring, and adorable! Daniel is reliable, strong and tender. The little princess is very fortunate because I believe they will make wonderful parents. Congratulations to Sweden!

I wish Victoria ans Daniel all the best!!They will be proud and Good Parents for his Little princess!!!;-) All the best from Germany!!

Will the baby get more than one dukedom? Madeleine has two for some reason I never have figured out why.

It's obvious that since the baby is born In February the child won't have birthdays on Oland. Will they present the baby in the same fashion that Victoria was? I do not know if Carl Philip was shown to the press until his baptism, I could be wrong but that's because I've never seen any. I've seen presentation pictures of Victoria and Madeleine at Solliden. I guess this may take place at Haga Slott?

All I hope is that Victoria and Daniel will always have the support of family and friends and each other and a healthy baby.

Will the christening take place in April then? I am going to assume on the last Sunday as with the tradition of the King's children, Victoria was last Sunday 27, 1997 but both Carl Philip and Madeleine were on the last Sunday of August 31, 1979 and 1982.

If the child should "inherit" Victoria's love of ponytail I hope it's pigtails. She seemed to have them frequently as a child with white or colored ribbons which I loved! But she was such a pretty child.

I love the sense of tradition surrounding the royal birth in Sweden. The child being presented to officials before a cabinet name where names and titles are bestowed and a special service of thanksgiving.

haga said:
Will the baby get more than one dukedom? Madeleine has two for some reason I never have figured out why.

It's obvious that since the baby is born In February the child won't have birthdays on Oland. Will they present the baby in the same fashion that Victoria was? I do not know if Carl Philip was shown to the press until his baptism, I could be wrong but that's because I've never seen any. I've seen presentation pictures of Victoria and Madeleine at Solliden. I guess this may take place at Haga Slott?

All I hope is that Victoria and Daniel will always have the support of family and friends and each other and a healthy baby.

Will the christening take place in April then? I am going to assume on the last Sunday as with the tradition of the King's children, Victoria was last Sunday 27, 1997 but both Carl Philip and Madeleine were on the last Sunday of August 31, 1979 and 1982.

If the child should "inherit" Victoria's love of ponytail I hope it's pigtails. She seemed to have them frequently as a child with white or colored ribbons which I loved! But she was such a pretty child.

We don't know if the baby will get 1 or 2 dukedoms but 1 is most likely. Princess Madeleine became duchess of both landscapes in Gävleborg Region. Don't know why. I'ts the King who decides. We don't know how they will celebrate her Birthday but it will likely be in Stockholm. The first press meeting for the little Princess will likely take place at home (Haga Palace). The christening will likely take place in 2 or 3 months. it will likely be on a sunday to allow as many as possible to follow the christening.

Are the links in post # 316 only for the swedish people or for the whole world available?
I pulled the links from another site so I can't say for sure but I did watch the tv4 link last night while waiting for the press conference and it worked fine for me and I'm in Canada. I remember with the wedding SVT had a separate link for those in Sweden and a separate one for the rest of the world.

we will see something like this tomorrow¨carl philip name is told 1979

tarras wahlberg were the one who told the name of madeleine 1982

and 1977 victoria presented at soliden castle, öland

Thank you for these links! It was very nice to see how the births were covered in the media at the time. I especially found it sweet how the King calmed down crying Victoria. :) It felt a bit weird to hear Carl Philip being referred to as 'kronprinsen' but that's what he was at the time.

I can't wait for tomorrow! I hope the princess gets a beautiful name! :)

I must say that Victoria looked fantastic in the leaving-the-hospital photo! One could almost think that she'd had a week at rest in the hospital after giving birth. :lol:

I stayed up last night to see Daniel's announcement, which was at midnight in my time zone. It was worth it to see how happy he was. And I'm still laughing over how I looked up the Swedish words for boy and girl so I could recognize either one in the announcement, but instead Daniel said "princessa." I had no trouble figuring out what that meant!

It also said something about how tired I was that I started wondering why it's always the expectant father who does these news conferences. My logic didn't return until early this morning when I realized that the father was the most convenient person to make the announcement because the new mother was otherwise occupied. :ROFLMAO:

Ok apparently the names will go down tomorrow at 11:15 Swedish time. That would be 2am PST/5am EST

Last edited:
I'm so glad we don't have to wait for several months to know her name.

ghost_night554 said:
Ok apparently the names will go down tomorrow at 11:15 Swedish time. That would be 2am PST/4am EST

Wouldn't it be 5 am EST? I thought Stockholm is only six hours ahead of NY. (Where I am.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom