It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is great news! i'm very happy for victoria and daniel. it is the continuation of a great story!
i'm really happy it's a girl. my congratulations to them and to the family!

Congratulations to the Swedish royals a beautiful little girl.. So glad its finally over I feel this has been the longest pregnancy in history. Im sure Princess Victoria would agree with me but we seem to have been told so long ago and to think we would have to wait till March didnt add up. Congrats to them all xxx

Aftonbladet talked with Daniel yesterday when he was visiting Volvo.
Daniel was looking forward to becoming a father for the first time.
He also took the opportunity to comment briefly on the baby's happiness.
- Everything is very well, said the prince.

When asked when he and Victoria are expected to be parents Daniel did not give any clear answer.
- There you have already given the answer to, he said with a laugh.

The newborn princess has not yet received a name, but it will be announced at a royal cabinet meeting tomorrow. the King tells about grandchild's title, the names, the calling name, and the dukedom.
At 12:00 cannon salute at Skeppsholmen - and elsewhere in the nation - to celebrate the newborn princess.

Kumoa muokkaukset

How sweet. All I can think of is that it is over for her - a relief. :)

I hope they name her Desiree. :flowers:

Danish girl said:
I must be the only one who likes this tradition. :lol:
Oh no, I'm with you on this one. I love our Danish tradition :):):)

Gun Fire at 12 à clock TODAY from Skeppsholmen in Stockholm do i have to try to sleep 3 hours now so I can go out and look at it. I'm living in Old Town so i can ser the Gun fire from my bedroom window ;)

Go out and watch Hans-Rickard. It's an historic occasion. :)

Congratulations to the Swedish royals a beautiful little girl.. So glad its finally over I feel this has been the longest pregnancy in history. Im sure Princess Victoria would agree with me but we seem to have been told so long ago and to think we would have to wait till March didnt add up. Congrats to them all xxx
I have to agree. Although I could not imagine the Swedish royal court giving an expected date of birth that was too far off the mark I never would have expected the birth to have taken place in late February. During the fall I was very sure the baby would be born perhaps even as early as christmas. Just hope for a better guess next time.

I wonder if the princess had made her first steps in our world naturally or per C-section. The time gap between arriving at hospital and birth is very short. If she was born naturally the labour for Victoria must have been very intensive.

I am sooooooo happy. The day must be a very good day!

:flowers: A Queen is born !!! :flowers:
What lovely news to wake up to !
Congratulations to TRH the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel !

Gun Fire at 12 à clock TODAY from Skeppsholmen in Stockholm do i have to try to sleep 3 hours now so I can go out and look at it. I'm living in Old Town so i can ser the Gun fire from my bedroom window ;)
You're such a lucky person!:flowers:
Tell us about it later!

Last edited:
I wonder if the princess had made her first steps in our world naturally or per C-section. The time gap between arriving at hospital and birth is very short. If she was born naturally the labour for Victoria must have been very intensive.

I am sooooooo happy. The day must be a very good day!

Läkaren: "Det var en ganska snabb resa" | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

According to this article the chief physician Lennart Nordström received the first call that it was about time at 10 or 10:30 pm on Wednesday evening but said that it was a pretty quick trip to the hospital. My guess is that the new mother thought it would take longer for the labor to progress and then in the end realized she'd better go to the hospital and fast! If I've understood it right, the baby was born naturally.

I hope the Crown princess is feeling well and will recover quickly from giving birth. Sometimes there can be some injuries if one gives birth too quickly, am I right? Luckily everything seems to point to the fact that there were no complications.

P.S. Incidentally, the prime minister's wife is at the same hospital right now after having been operated. It was a scheduled operation. The news won't tell why she was operated but state that she is in a good condition considering the circumstances.

Today there are

Queen Elizabeth
Queen Margethe
Queen Beatrix

next generation

Queen Victoria

future generation

Queen Elisabeth
Queen Ingrid (Ingrid Alexandra)
Queen Amalia (Catharina Amalia)
Queen ? of Sweden

Today there are

Queen Elizabeth
Queen Margethe
Queen Beatrix

next generation

Queen Victoria

future generation

Queen Elisabeth
Queen ? of Sweden
That's why I still insist that Will&Kate have to make a boy!:)

Today there are

Queen Elizabeth
Queen Margethe
Queen Beatrix

next generation

Queen Victoria

future generation

Queen Elisabeth
Queen ? of Sweden

future generation
Queen Leonor of Spain

Congratulations to the happy couple. Such wonderful news.

So the next 2 Sweden monarch will be a woman! Almost just like in the Netherlands! Congratulations to Parents and Swedish nation!

Great news other little princess. When will be the press conference?

:D That's such good news. So pleased for them.

And now I have to go work........ Looking forward to seeing all the updates when I get home!

Oh, this had to happen during the night. I missed all the excitement. I'm very happy for Victoria and Daniel though. When people say that the names will be announced at a cabinet meeting 'tomorrow' do they mean today (Thursday) or tomorrow (Friday)?

Wonderful news to wake up to!

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel with the safe delivery of their little daughter - and a big congratulations to our neighbours in Sweden with the new heir to the throne :flowers:'

:swedenflag::princess:

Exciting news! I wondered earlier tonight if Victoria had had her baby yet but didn't get around to checking until just now. I love the pictures of Daniel at the press conference. He is beaming and the love, pride and joy he's feeling is so evident.

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear the name of the newest princess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom