The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge
wow she looked great last night and she seems so happy

Lena i recommend Mamma Mia! i have seen it twice..once in london and once in melbourne and it was very enjoyable both times even though i'm not a huge fan of abba as they were a bit before me. anyway heaps of other people must like it too because this is the second time in melbourne...when it first opened here it stayed for over 2 years before touring the country and now it is back again. So Lena you should go and see it when you can
Thank you smudge. Wow, so many praises for the musical...so I guess it´s really good. ABBA was also before me, but I´m though a great fan. And in a way I always see a connection between ABBA and Australia. Of course because of ABBA-the movie (I think there was even a bigger hpye around ABBA in the 70ties than around cp Mary ) and because of one of my favourite movies (Muriel´s wedding...an australian movie), in which the main character, Muriel, listens all the time to ABBA

Thank you for the pictures, Monalisa :)

Old 03-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the photos. I think she looks confident and happy. I wonder why.

Sometimes, I think Victoria dresses like a 35-year-old women. But on this trip, she looks great.

I agree with the comments about her hair. Why can't she wear something other than a ponytail every now and then? I hope she will wear her hair down half the time and a ponytail the rest of the time.

Old 03-14-2005, 12:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena

More pictures of the jacket (from FMP) I like it, but I don´t know...in a way...it reminds me of toothpaste with stripes
I was thinking toothpaste as well, but my first impression was 'pyjamas'. I may be crazy, but I actually own a pair which looks strikingly similar. That is my only complaint about her clothes. Other than that, she has shown class and style throughout this trip and I praise her for that.

An article from the Herald Sun

Swedes have design on fashion

14mar05

THERE must be something in the water in Scandinavia because we've been well and truly inundated with its citizens.

We've had Mary and Fred, Sweden's Princess Victoria and now we've got a former Swedish supermodel in our midst.

After years as a top model for the Ford agency and later a singer, Efva Attling has returned to her first love of jewellery design.

Attling confesses to also harbouring a slight obsession with fashion and plans to squeeze in some shows at the L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival in between promoting her jewellery label this week.

"I am a fashion freak," she said.

"My muscles come from carrying Vogues around with me."

Attling's designs have been worn by some of the world's most desirable women -- Paris Hilton, Sharon Stone and Madonna to name just a few.

Princess Victoria, who arrived in Melbourne last week, was wearing one of her necklaces at a royal engagement on Friday.

In many ways, Attling is a personification of the Swedish stereotype: beautiful, blonde, and fascinated by design.

Apparently, the Swedes all love design because "we have all that time in the darkness to think about nice things". She makes it sound so simple.
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...E28957,00.html

Old 03-14-2005, 12:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

More pics of Victoria from the musical Mama Mia...

The last pic is a particularly cute pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	326135.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	109677   Click image for larger version

Name:	326136.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	109678   Click image for larger version

Name:	326137.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	109679   Click image for larger version

Name:	326138.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	109680  

Name:	326139.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	109681   Click image for larger version

Name:	326134.jpeg
Views:	143
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	109682  
Old 03-14-2005, 12:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

More pics of Victoria playing "Bowls"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	326134.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	109685   Click image for larger version

Name:	326135.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	109686   Click image for larger version

Name:	326136.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	109687   Click image for larger version

Name:	326137.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	109688  

Name:	326138.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	109689   Click image for larger version

Name:	326139.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	109690   Click image for larger version

Name:	325978.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	109691   Click image for larger version

Name:	325979.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	109692  

Old 03-14-2005, 01:02 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Thanks for the photos, everybody. Yeah, that jacket looks like a toothpaste. Or one of those multicolor candies. Like a candy cane that you find on American Christmas trees. Looks like ETW has been enjoying the sun a lot as well.

"You are surely not the only one, loving silvia and carl gustaf But to focus on this is a bit tiresome (-> years of experience"

Ouch.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Aww, what a cute photo! :p

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 14: Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden hugs a wombat while visiting Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary on March 14, 2005 in Melbourne, Australia
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Vic.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	109695  

Old 03-14-2005, 02:15 AM
Commoner

i can't believe she went to healesville sanctuary i used to live near there...i mean i thought she would have gone to the melbourne zoo over the sanctuary but anyway

i like the skirt she is wearing in this photo:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	v1.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	109717  
Old 03-14-2005, 02:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Some more photos from today
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vic2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	109723   Click image for larger version

Name:	vic3.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	109724   Click image for larger version

Name:	vic4.jpg
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	109725   Click image for larger version

Name:	vic5.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	109726  

Name:	vic6.jpg
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	109727   Click image for larger version

Name:	vic7.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	109728   Click image for larger version

Name:	vic8.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	109729   Click image for larger version

Name:	vic9.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	109730  

Name:	vic10.jpg
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	109731   Click image for larger version

Name:	vic11.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	109732  

Old 03-14-2005, 02:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Another one that didn't fit in the last post.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Vic12.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	109733  

Old 03-14-2005, 04:01 AM
Courtier

I love the heels she wore to the Swedish Church. It was very stylish.
I really love the recent style of CP Victoria because aside from the fact that she prefers simple kind of attires, she never fails to look elegant and graceful because she never fails to smile and recognize people for their efforts.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 03-14-2005, 04:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
heaven on earth to be allowed to hold one, really lovely
Not if it gouges your eye out. :p No, wombats are such sweet animals, and so are koalas, but you do have to be careful. Sometimes they get scared, but Victoria is holding them well. I can't get over how endearing the photos are. I like her sunglasses.

Old 03-14-2005, 05:43 AM
Heir Apparent

There are also some photos of famous people with koalas: Queen Sofia of Spain,The Duke and the Duchess of York and Pope John Paul II: So cutiee:)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	51128819.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	109747   Click image for larger version

Name:	52103233.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	109748   Click image for larger version

Name:	51398950.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	109749  
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 03-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Further proof that the Swedish sisters are the most popular forreign royals in Norway, VG accually has an article on Victorias visit to Australia, usually they never cover what the forreign royals do, granted she needed to be accompanied by a cute Koala named Ash

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=270299

Quote:
Den svenske kronprinsessen er på reise i Australia og fikk under et besøk i nasjonalparken Healesville Sanctury i dag hilse på de særegne koalabjørnene - pungbjørner som bare finnes i Australia.

Den spesielle bjørnen er ansett for å være modell for den klassiske teddybjørnen, og kronprinsesse Victoria smilte fra øre til øre da hun fikk klemme den lille koalabjørnen Ash.

Den svenske kronprinsessen kom «down under» før helgen. På sin reise skal hun blant annet besøke en svensk designmesse
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vistoria.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	109757  
Old 03-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle

"My muscles come from carrying Vogues around with me."

*lol* this girl has a good sense of humour.

Thank you for the pictures (+articles) pdas, Danielle, smudge, HMQueenElizabethII & Larzen. Thanks...thanks...thanks

Quote:
she never fails to look elegant and graceful because she never fails to smile and recognize people for their efforts.
Well said!

I like your comparisons with Pyjamas and Candy, Danielle and Dennis

Aaawwww, Victoria is cuddling with Blinky Bill and his friends. That´s so cute. I would love to do the same.

@Mixer
We will let this thread open and won´t close it like the news-threads. We have done that with other threads on special trips too. I think the USA 2003-thread is also quite long (?)
Old 03-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Mamma Mia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Wow, so many praises for the musical...so I guess it´s really good. And in a way I always see a connection between ABBA and Australia.

Australia was the first country where ABBA seriously took off. They sold more albums here, relative to the population, than anywhere else in the world. Which is why "Muriel's Wedding" and to a lesser degree "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" were based around ABBA music. The producers of both films approached Bjorn and Benny for permission to use the original songs, and permission was given.

MAMMA MIA! ? ...

... Exuberant, joyous, camp and fabulous.

What more could anyone want in a musical?

Go see it, and enjoy!
Old 03-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Ferocious Wombats

This is what Danielle is referring to...

... check out those claws!

(photo from Danielle's last set.)

Wombats and koalas appear to be cute and cuddly, but can more than tear strips off you if they get agitated or upset.
Visiting dignitaries are advised to pass the wombat/koala to their least-favourite media person at the first sign of trouble!

This is a baby wombat in the photo. A full-grown wombat would not only be too heavy to lift, but would probably disembowel you if you tried.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Victoria Melbourne Mar05.jpg
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	109804  
Old 03-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
[/i]

Australia was the first country where ABBA seriously took off. They sold more albums here, relative to the population, than anywhere else in the world. Which is why "Muriel's Wedding" and to a lesser degree "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" were based around ABBA music. The producers of both films approached Bjorn and Benny for permission to use the original songs, and permission was given.

MAMMA MIA! ? ...

... Exuberant, joyous, camp and fabulous.

What more could anyone want in a musical?

Go see it, and enjoy!
Wow, so much enthusiasm I will go...and I will take my ABBA-crazy friend and my ABBA-crazy cousin with me!!

Quote:
Visiting dignitaries are advised to pass the wombat/koala to their least-favourite media person at the first sign of trouble!
Hahahaha...I haven´t read an article of Aftonbladet´s Daniel Nyhlén today. Maybe he was the "dummy"

Article from HELLO:
http://www.hello-magazine.co.uk/roya...ncessvictoria/

A couple of friendly locals made quite an impression on Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria on the latest stage of her visit to Australia. The 27-year-old broke into a broad smile as she hugged some of the residents at Healsville Animal Sanctuary in Melbourne.

The future queen is well-accustomed to being received by top politicians and statesmen, but who better to welcome her on a trip Down Under than a baby koala bear and a young wombat? Victoria, who is currently promoting Swedish design in Australia, certainly seemed charmed by her furry friends.

The pretty royal had previously shown her playful side by joining in a game of bowls. She appeared to be having a little trouble mastering the sport, but that didn't stop her enjoying her afternoon at Prince's Park Bowling Club.

And the princess proved just as big a hit when she was interviewed by celebrity presenter Melissa Doyle on the popular breakfast show Sunrise. "She was absolutely wonderful," said the journalist afterwards. "She was exactly the kind of person you'd want to invite out with your friends."

The royal visitor embraces a baby wombat

The 27-year-old seemed charmed by the cuddly creature

Victoria also tried her hand at bowls
Old 03-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks a million to everybody for posting all these wonderful pictures and articles! It's been a bit hard to keep up with all of her activities down there because of the big time difference, and without all your wonderful posts it would've been much harder. Thank you!
Old 03-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Nobility

i actually like the jacket. =)

Tags
australia, crown princess victoria, governor general, official visit