Crown Princess Victoria is Pregnant - Due March 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Expressen's reporter Niklas Svensson met the royal couple on Friday in Lithuania, they responded to questions about the impending trip to Colombia that Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel make soon.
What advice has the royal couple given them before the trip?
- It is clear that we have talked about it. They'll be there a few days, and you should always be cautious with food while you are in the state that the Crown Princess is. Then maybe you should be a little extra careful. I know that the queen was on a trip when you were in the same situation, said the king, and Silvia continued:
- Yes, it was in Mexico in 1981, I think.
- There are some things like that we have talked about.
Is the royal couple even worried about this trip?
- It's a long journey to begin with. Colombia is in very high also, so it is clear for purely medical reasons that she should be careful and rest. You think as a mother that she should rest a little. They have a tight program, but I really hope it goes well.
But the crown princess is doing well?
- She is doing very well. And she does not really listen to the parents in this case, ha ha.
Drottningen_ _Hon vill inte riktigt lyssna till föräldrarna_ _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

I'm sure Victoria has been also advised by her doctors. I think that if she had some troubles she wouldn't go. Said this, it is obvious that she is going to take some precautions....

I know I might be too early and this might not be the right thread, but do you think that we will see Prince Nicolas at this babies christening?

:previous: I think it depends on his mood on the day. I reckon they'll go for a summer christening which would make Nicolas around a year old and children that age are unpredictable. If he's a handful, feeling unwell or is fussy, they probably won't bring him.

I'm sure Victoria has been also advised by her doctors. I think that if she had some troubles she wouldn't go. Said this, it is obvious that she is going to take some precautions....

While Victoria and Daniel have hinted that this baby took some time and effort to get here, I really doubt she'd be making this trip if she were not in perfect health at this point.

Swedish gossip magazine Hänt i Veckan has made up a story that Daniel is worried that Victoria wants to continue working as long as possible during her pregnancy. Stoppa pressarna quotes the article.
According to the magazine Victoria decides everything about her pregnancy and she refuses to be treated differently, despite her royal title. When she was pregnant with Estelle, she wanted to be treated like any other expectant mother at the hospital.
Getting a new member to the royal family is good news, but Victoria wants to work as long as possible. Even if it means going around with the big pregnancy belly.
- She refuses to stay home. In her world it doesn't exist that she would cancel official duties because she happens to be pregnant, tells a source.
Daniel, who now sees his pregnant wife to work every day, has previously spoken out about his concern about Victoria's pregnancy.
- You don't really dare take out anything in advance, he told when the news that the Crown Princess was expecting their second child was released.
Victoria has a busy schedule ahead. Among other things, she goes to Luxemburg, Peru and Colombia to represent the royal court and Sweden.
Victorias stenhårda krav på Daniel _ Stoppa Pressarna

Oh for God's sake! If a woman wants to to take a longer maternity leave she is judged, if she wants to work as longer as possible, they complain... a woman can't win! Good on Victoria I'll say! If there aren't problems I don't see the issue for her to not work, again if the pregnancy is healthy a woman can do almost everything!

As for Daniel's comment: he was being wary, as any parent would be in the early months of a pregnancy... and as nobody can know whether a pregnancy is going to change r not, it was natural for him to say that. As far as I rembember he sad the same thing when Victoria was expecting Estelle!

Kudos to CP Victoria. Unlike many women who have work until their body's are in a pre-labor state, CP Victoria will have around the clock medical attention during her pregnancy. I doubt she would place her child's health in jeopardy or hers for that matter. She seems to be a smart, reasonable person and she can make her decisions for herself. P Daniel is protective of his wife and his concerns are understandable

Victoria is glowing and her belly is already very big!:flowers: I wonder how she will be in few months if her bump has already that size:eek:. I know that this is her second pregnancy but I wonder if she is 5 months istead of four.... I suspect this baby will arrive as early as Estelle's:D I guess the by the end of february he or she will be here;)

Victoria is glowing and her belly is already very big!:flowers: I wonder how she will be in few months if her bump has already that size:eek:. I know that this is her second pregnancy but I wonder if she is 5 months istead of four.... I suspect this baby will arrive as early as Estelle's:D I guess the by the end of february he or she will be here;)

Twins maybe ? I wouldn't rule that out.

Awww, that would be amazing!! And if they had a little "help" in the conception twins are more common :) But wasn't she rather large with Estelle? I mean, everyone carries differently.

Awww, that would be amazing!! And if they had a little "help" in the conception twins are more common :) But wasn't she rather large with Estelle? I mean, everyone carries differently.

That thought crossed my mind, but I think the court has been really clear. They stated "second child": I think that if she were expecting twins they would have either just said straight away or made a more vague statement... It would be lovely though

Yes, with Estelle she was showing very early on... (thank you LadyFinn for providing the pic), but I almost sure that this baby will arrive sooner rather tan later...With Estelle the communiquè also said "due in March" so I think Victoria is a bit in a more an advance stage that 19/20 weeks.

Last edited:
Victoria said at Johan T Lindwall's interview in Peru that her due date is in the beginning of March.

It would be crazy if Victoria were carrying twins. The buzz would be amazing, but it would be crazy. Would there be an official in the delivery room to see which twin is first to keep the line of succession straight? The media would go through royal history to see if there have been royal twins before, and if Daniel had twins in his family. And if this would be the first set of royal twins in the history of Sweden, the TV coverage of the christening would be huge. A duplicate of the traditional christening gown, or two new gowns? Two new parade cradles? Interest would be high because these would be the children of the future Royal Couple.

She is older and if she had a help getting pregnant the chances for multiples are greater.

It would be crazy if Victoria were carrying twins. The buzz would be amazing, but it would be crazy. Would there be an official in the delivery room to see which twin is first to keep the line of succession straight? The media would go through royal history to see if there have been royal twins before, and if Daniel had twins in his family. And if this would be the first set of royal twins in the history of Sweden, the TV coverage of the christening would be huge. A duplicate of the traditional christening gown, or two new gowns? Two new parade cradles? Interest would be high because these would be the children of the future Royal Couple.
They would know by now if she was carrying twins and they would most certainly have made an announcement. We were guessing for twins during her first pregnancy too but eventually only one baby. Crown Princess Victoria just has her own way of carrying her pregnancy and she just looks very big very early.

:previous: Poor Victoria. If it were not for the fact that she is hitting every engagement looking absolutely fabulous, she could be forgiven for "going into a decline" as the olds used to say.

Here she is, 38 years old, pregnant with her second child, looking like a million dollars (and that's without her megawatt smile), and all some people and media can do is bang on about how big she is and how awful it will be by March.

Give her a break, even Madeleine was not small this last time and who says you have to look like you are not pregnant until three months before due date and then only look like you're three months gone. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

This unremitting version of body shaming has got to stop. Women, real women, have a normal pregnancy that includes an ever increasing bump, that's life, get over it. Not everyone is built like Catherine and a couple of other well-known celebrities who barely showed at all.

This continual harping on how big Victoria is already (oh she really must be having twins) has got to stop. It is toxic!

:previous: Poor Victoria. If it were not for the fact that she is hitting every engagement looking absolutely fabulous, she could be forgiven for "going into a decline" as the olds used to say.

Here she is, 38 years old, pregnant with her second child, looking like a million dollars (and that's without her megawatt smile), and all some people and media can do is bang on about how big she is and how awful it will be by March.

Give her a break, even Madeleine was not small this last time and who says you have to look like you are not pregnant until three months before due date and then only look like you're three months gone. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

This unremitting version of body shaming has got to stop. Women, real women, have a normal pregnancy that includes an ever increasing bump, that's life, get over it. Not everyone is built like Catherine and a couple of other well-known celebrities who barely showed at all.

This continual harping on how big Victoria is already (oh she really must be having twins) has got to stop. It is toxic!

I agree 100% this how normal women look. This whole twin thing is just crazy as you say just because she's not model thin doesn't mean twins !! It means she's having a healthy normal pregnancy

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree 100% this how normal women look. This whole twin thing is just crazy as you say just because she's not model thin doesn't mean twins !! It means she's having a healthy normal pregnancy

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

When was it announced that Charlene was carrying twins ? I don't follow the princely family of Monaco, but, if I am not mistaken, it wasn't until late in her pregnancy.

I'm just saying that, if Victoria is pregnant with twins, it is not a given that the Royal Court would already have made that information public by now.

The announcement from the Court about this pregnancy said " TRH are expecting their second child."

In Monaco it was less clear : "The birth will be at the end of the year", not clearly saying there was only one baby...

The announcement from the Court about this pregnancy said " TRH are expecting their second child."

In Monaco it was less clear : "The birth will be at the end of the year", not clearly saying there was only one baby...

Exactly. The statement from Monaco was very vague from early on "... are very pleased to announce the pregnancy of Princess Charlene... while in french was..."hereux evenement"= joyful event"...

The confirmation of a twins pregnancy came in October.... I would guess the swedish royl court had been more vague in the announcement, in case P. Victoria carried twins... or they would make a straight announcement a la danish royal house.:flowers:

To all of you who are talking about the big belly of Victoria: Maybe she has a big desire to eat. At my pregnancy I always had the feeling that I must eat all the day and all the night.

Victoria denied today at the visit to Värmland the rumours about twins.

The royal birth is scheduled for early March, and of course the major focus today was on Victoria and the baby belly. What will it be? Even the twins?
Victoria laughed:
- It may look that way, but then I will be very surprised. I have been asked that before, she says then.
But what has Estelle wished for? Prince or princess?
- She in fact wanted a hamster, Victoria laughs.
Daniel laughs too, and says:
- At the risk of it becoming tomorrow's headline.
Victoria says diplomatically:
- I am joking.
Victoria_ Estelle ville hellre ha en hamster _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Svensk Damtidning asked the Crown Princess, who is pregnant with the Crown Princess Couple's second child, if she was expecting twins:
- Does it look like that?
The Crown Princess replied crisply, with a smile, and continued:
- It would be a big surprise in that case.
Expressen's royal reporter wondered then about if Princess Estelle wishes for a little sister or a little brother:
- She wants most preferably a hamster in fact, responded the crown princess and laughed.
http://nwt.se/karlstad/2015/11/18/folj-kronprinsessparets-dag-i

Ah the twins are denied then, I was hoping and thought for sometime that she would be expecting twins but I guess I am wrong.

Thanks for the articles.

Victoria denied today at the visit to Värmland the rumours about twins.

The royal birth is scheduled for early March, and of course the major focus today was on Victoria and the baby belly. What will it be? Even the twins?
Victoria laughed:
- It may look that way, but then I will be very surprised. I have been asked that before, she says then.
But what has Estelle wished for? Prince or princess?
- She in fact wanted a hamster, Victoria laughs.
Daniel laughs too, and says:
- At the risk of it becoming tomorrow's headline.
Victoria says diplomatically:
- I am joking.
Victoria_ Estelle ville hellre ha en hamster _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Svensk Damtidning asked the Crown Princess, who is pregnant with the Crown Princess Couple's second child, if she was expecting twins:
- Does it look like that?
The Crown Princess replied crisply, with a smile, and continued:
- It would be a big surprise in that case.
Expressen's royal reporter wondered then about if Princess Estelle wishes for a little sister or a little brother:
- She wants most preferably a hamster in fact, responded the crown princess and laughed.
Följ kronprinsessparets dag i Karlstad - nwt.se - Ditt Värmland, just nu

I also believed in the twins' theory (based on the assumption that Victoria may have got some artificial "help" to get pregnant). However, it looks like her denial was pretty clear.

Estelle's wish for a hamster is too cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom