Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 9: June 2010 - October 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How wonderful that victoria can fly on a private government jet. She looks correct as usual, and will be able to associate with the other CPs.

Annika Sönnerberg from the court press department told to Aftonbladet, that though Victoria has a tough schedule with her flights (30 hours at a plane in two days), she will be in Johannesburg well before the memorial service and she will be able to return to Sweden for the King's dinner on Wednesday.
Victoria flänger över halva världen | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Victoria arrived to the memorial service and she was asked about what are her feelings now. She said: We'll get to that later.
Reinfeldt och Victoria på plats vid ceremonin | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
The quote is from Prime Minister Reinfeldt, not the Crown Princess.

Last edited:
Victoria delivered this evening the Tobias Prize to Professor Sten Eirik Waelgaard Jacobsen at the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
Victoria has still crutches and she jumped at one foot ...
APA-Picturedesk

The Tobias Foundation established the Tobias Prize in 2008. It consists of a personal prize of SEK 100,000 and a research grant of SEK 2 million per annum for five years. Its main aim is to give the laureate the means to carry out high-class research concerning problems of importance for cell therapy in hematological (blood-related) disorders.
Victoria is the patron of the Tobias Foundation.

More photos, the press probably will love these. Click the photo and then from the left "presentation (800px)"
IBL Bildbyrå

Last edited:
No video yet. Victoria had said that she didn't need any help but jumped with one foot to the stage to deliver the prize and back to her place. The people were happy that everything went well and laughed. Aftonbladet had asked how her foot was doing and Victoria had said: It is already better, thank you.
Kronprinsessan Victoria hoppar fram vid prisutdelning | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Expressen:
Shame on them who give up. Despite the crack on the foot and a boot on the entire left foot Victoria fights on with her official work as the crown princess of Sweden. Johan T Lindwall had called to Ulrika Näsholm from the press department. Näsholm said, that otherwise she is feeling excellent. It is clearly visible in the pictures, isn't it?
Victoria was on Wednesday evening at the Royal Academy of Science to distribute Tobias Prize - which supports research on stem cell transplants and blood diseases that can be treated with stem cell transplantation. Victoria threw her crutches away and hopped up on stage on one leg.
How is she?
- Fantastic well. It's just the foot, but otherwise everything is great, Näsholm said.
In more than a week Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel go to two day official visit to Germany.
Will the boot be gone by then?
- Probably not, but we'll see, in spite of that it will not be an obstacle, Näsholm said.
Victoria delade ut pris trots sprickan i foten Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
:wub::heart::wub: Oh this beautiful princess has a great sense of humor! She is priceless for sure.........just love her!

Priceless.... thank god, nothing has happened
Bye Bine

Thanks - that was lovely. She is a good sport. As I read it all I could think was that If Queen Max were to need a foot brace, they would have to be in coordinated colors and the other foot would be in a taller heal. ;)

Last edited:
But there still seems to be a brace there. This certainly seems much more than a "sprain". I wonder if she had some ligament damage? I did that to my ankle many years ago and was on crutches for 4 months.

Pleased to see that her foot injury is improving. While they were in Germany, a German doctor was interviewed; judging from the importance of her protection boot, he said she probably had a tendon tear.
I guess we are not near to seeing her again with the high heals she likes to wear.

Victoria made on Wednesday a visit to Flottsbro Hill in Huddinge. Victoria met the children participating Disabled Ski School, among others Sofie Ryden.
There were several school groups who were in Flottsbro hill and were surprised when they suddenly recognized Crown Princess Victoria. The reason for Victoria's visit was that she wanted to visit the Disability Ski School organised in Flottsbro Hill and Hammarby Hill.
It is Friluftsfrämjandet (Outdoor Activity) that organizes ski school for handicapped children and they get grants from the Crown Princess Victoria Fund.
Victoria hälsade på i slalombacken Lokaltidningen Mitt i
Translation

Victoria gave on Wednesday an audience to Executive Director of WaterAid, Cecilia Chatterjee-Martinsen. Victoria and Daniel are patrons of WaterAid.
Kronprinsessan i möte med Wateraid** - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Last edited:
I wonder if Victoria is still using crutches? (I've never used crutches before so I don't know how long it's advised to keep them on for.) In the photo, it doesn't look like she is, but then again, we can only see a close up of Victoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom