Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 2: September 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least here in Finland it is quite common to use one's second or third name as the primary name. So it has have come to my mind to wonder that Daniel uses his second name. Many parents give three names to their child and decide to use the second or third as the child's primary name.

For example, the government of Sweden has 24 ministers. And 10 of them uses their second or third name as their primary one.

Last edited:
His parents have chosen Daniel to be his primary name. Not Daniel himself. He was always known as Daniel. Even before he married. It's not unusual to have your second name as your primary name. So there is no reason to read something into it that's not there.

It is unusual if you're from North America where for the most part your first name is your primary name too. I think that's what Marty meant when he said he was shocked by that and came in here asking that question the way he did. He wasn't trying to stir anything up from what I could tell.

This is an International Message Board after all and what's perfectly normal for one part of the World isn't for another. Not a bad idea to keep that in mind.

It is unusual if you're from North America where for the most part your first name is your primary name too. I think that's what Marty meant when he said he was shocked by that and came in here asking that question the way he did. He wasn't trying to stir anything up from what I could tell.

This is an International Message Board after all and what's perfectly normal for one part of the World isn't for another. Not a bad idea to keep that in mind.

I didn't say he did, did I. I was just saying that it's perfectly normal not to use the first name as primary name.

At least in Finland people have usually the shortest name (usually two syllables) as the first name, longer second name with usually three syllables and maybe even longer third name. And then any of the names may be the primary name. To my ears it sound a bit strange, if the first name is longer than the second name. For example Olof Daniel sounds very normal to me, but Daniel Olof wouldn't sound so nice. In my mind I usually read princess Estelle's name as "Stella Silvia Evamaria" to make the rhythm better.

Last edited:

Not unusual at all. I can think of a number of colleagues and friends that are using their second name as the primary, both among women and men. It is very common to have the same name as one of your parents so hence if dad is John Martin and is called John then the son with the same name is often called Martin.

From Twitter, Victoria, Daniel and Estelle today at a lunch at the concert hall of Gävle.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdnZLAMCQAAXItI.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/TWennerstrm/status/421594105110876160

Victoria, Daniel and Estelle visited also the Borlänge Ice Rink. They met the captain of Borlänge Hockey and watched figure skating.
http://distilleryimage9.s3.amazonaws.com/d21174fc7a2311e3a5680e8d44f2f955_8.jpg
http://distilleryimage6.s3.amazonaws.com/d17ebe6e7a1911e3a85a123d1f091a92_8.jpg

They had also visited Hofors Ice Rink, where Daniel used to play icehockey when he was young.

Last edited:
A Royal Visit
Under Friday training at the ice rink there were many skaters who got very excited. Crown princess Victoria, prince Daniel and princess Estelle watched them skate.
The children said:
- When we saw them we all started to shake!
- Think that you could really meet Victoria and Estelle!
- Victoria was so kind, she asked me if l liked figure skating.
Many skaters got a photo taken with Victoria as a memory for the visit. So Friday training became a memory for the rest of the life for the skaters at the Borlänge Figure Skating Club.
Kungligt besök - Borlänge KK - Konståkning - IdrottOnline Klubb

Royal Splendor in the rink
Borlänge rink got a royal visit on Friday evening.
The young skaters got extra thrills when they saw the celebrities. Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and little Estelle unexpectedly showed up to watch figure skating.
- I was not there myself, but my daughter Tilde called and told me. "We started to shake, but they were very kind," she said, explains Linda Zetterstrom.
The Crown Princess was reportedly in Borlänge to visit a childhood friend of Prince Daniel. One of the daughters in the family goes skating, so they came to watch.
Cellphone cameras were of course hot on the royals. Borlänge Hockeys captain got a photo.
- I saw them in the substitute's bench. It was awesome, not what you would expect from a Friday night after work. So I asked about had to take a photo. They were friendly and humble. They are accustomed to that, says Daniel Eklund.
Kunglig glans i ishallen - Borlänge - dt.se

Last edited:
Cool hockey debute, princess Estelle!

It wasn't just anyone who sat in the bench before Borlänge Hockey's training.The A team should have the training as usual at five o'clock on Friday, and captain Daniel Eklund came to the hall an hour earlier. But there where his teammates usually sit, stood instead Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel with daughter Estelle in his arms.
- I thought that I should have a photo, it doesn't happen every day, says Eklund.
Prince's answer: Absolutely.
- There was no problem. I'm amazed at how well they handle people who want to be photographed with them, it has to happen all the time. They were very nice.

Prince Daniel's friend has a daughter in the figure skating club, they train before the hockey team.
Both skaters like Daniel Eklund became enamored of Princess Estelle.
- She was very sweet. She was so kind and just sat in Daniel's arms and looked at everything.
Eklund talked about hockey with the Prince.
- He had evidently been home in Ockelbo and played a little veteran hockey at Christmas. He said he was pretty rusty, and was wondering how it went for us.
Borlänge has two straight wins - and after that Crown Princess couple warmed the bench Eklund hopes that the shape holds.
- We must hope that it brings luck.

Eklund's photo with Sweden's next Queen was a hit when he put it up on Facebook.
- I think I never had so many comments, he says.
And hockey captain has one last salute to Prince Daniel.
- He is welcome to train with us if he happens to pass, if he thinks he's rusty.
Cool hockey-debut, prinsessan Estelle! Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Crown Princess wins award for social involvement
Crown Princess Victoria is awarded with hemlösa.se Association's (Association for Homeless) annual award for her untiring commitment with various ways to pay attention to the situation of the homeless. She shares prize with Inga Pagréus, deacon at St. Clara Church in Stockholm.
Hemlösa.se is a nonprofit Christian organization working to help the homeless, by distributing food and clothing in Stockholm.
The prize is awarded on Monday at Immanuel Church in Stockholm. Crown Princess can not herself be present and will receive the award later.
Kronprinsessan får pris för socialt engagemang Världen idag - världen ur ett kristet perspektiv
Translation

One more photo of Victoria last week at the Borlänge Ice Rink
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-K6U5Ssv3e14/UtF9VDzgdkI/AAAAAAAAe2c/JAckz_4VgJI/s1600/bild.PNG

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel were on Saturday evening at the concert of swedish superstar Avicii at the Tele 2 Arena. Avicii is a DJ who was 3rd at the DJ Mag's list of the 100 best DJ's in the world in 2013.
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/18463805/805/normal/d992258f4c13f/Avicii-Vickan.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhsyvOYIEAAWzv0.jpg:large
http://a.cdn-expressen.se/ImageHand...97-970f-5b22c4275928&imageFormat=secondColumn
Här laddar Daniel och Victoria med Avicii Nöje Expressen Nöje Nöjesnyheter Musiknyheter Filmnyheter

Many people comment on Twitter how Victoria and Daniel danced beside them.

Last edited:
More photos of Victoria and Daniel at the Avicii concert. They arrived at 20.30 and left the arena 30 minutes after the show ended.
Belga Image - Editorial

Last edited:
More photos of Victoria and Daniel at the Avicii concert. They arrived at 20.30 and left the arena 30 minutes after the show ended.
Belga Image - Editorial

I am on my iPad and can't copy a link to one of the photos in this gallery, so apologies upfront. I am a bit disturbed that in the one photos you can see that Daniel is not wearing his seatbelt. A bit of trivia, Victoria is wearing hers. Just an observation.

Last edited:
Daniel is 7th on swedish business magazine Resumé's list of 150 best communicators of business life in Sweden. Crucial for placement on the list is that communication effort should be relevant to the wider public, to be innovative and creative, have a proven effect in terms of impact, inspired followers, sparked debate, led to economic progress and include a challenge in terms of complexity. The first on the list is Ingvar Kamprad, founder of Ikea.
Resumé Kamprad – näringslivets främs te superkommunikatör
Translation

Justification: The lad from Ockelbo got the princess's hand and the entire Kingdom's appreciation. The only one in the court with obvious talent for communication. The Duke of Västergötland succeeds in all camps.
Ingvar Kamprad bäst på att kommunicera Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Daniel is 7th on swedish business magazine Resumé's list of 150 best communicators of business life in Sweden. Crucial for placement on the list is that communication effort should be relevant to the wider public, to be innovative and creative, have a proven effect in terms of impact, inspired followers, sparked debate, led to economic progress and include a challenge in terms of complexity.
Justification: The lad from Ockelbo got the princess's hand and the entire Kingdom's appreciation. The only one in the court with obvious talent for communication. The Duke of Västergötland succeeds in all camps.

Fine for Daniel! Who would have anticipated that.
However not everyone in the royal family may like the sentence about the "only one"; I was thinking of king CG, f.i.
N1 is the founder of IKEA; I think the communication of IKEA is probably currently more in the hands of a whole team than just him, ok he initiated so many thinks.

The photos are from 18th March 2013 when Daniel visited Växjö with Prince Daniel's Fellowship and posted earlier to Daniel's events thread. Daniel got the cufflinks from a young entrepreneur.

Last edited:
The photos are from 18th March 2013 when Daniel visited Växjö with Prince Daniel's Fellowship and posted earlier to Daniel's events thread. Daniel got the cufflinks from a young entrepreneur.
Thank you for the info LadyFinn, I just thought the look on his face was priceless.

According to Svensk Damtidning, Victoria and Daniel hosted some weeks ago at a Friday evening a dinner at the Haga Palace for some couples. One of the guests was Jens Lapidus, an author and criminal defense lawyer.

Put to Facebook 14th April
""Socialized" with another family with children on the trip home ... closer acquaintance with Danne, Vickan and Estelle and their SÄPO family".
https://www.facebook.com/3848141549...4814154944320/610233125735754/?type=1&theater

The previous photo in this Facebook is from New York 12th April, so it might hint that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were returning from the States. Maybe Victoria and Estelle went there after Daniel had been at the icehockey games, they spent a couple of days with Madeleine and had a holiday in the States.

Is this pic really from New York? ;)
Victoria is without package and jacket, Estelle no plays/dolls.

Is this pic perhaps from arrival Daniel in airport Stockholm after his travel in USA?

""Socialized" with another family with children on the trip home ... closer acquaintance with Danne, Vickan and Estelle and their SÄPO family".
https://www.facebook.com/3848141549...4814154944320/610233125735754/?type=1&theater

The previous photo in this Facebook is from New York 12th April, so it might hint that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were returning from the States. Maybe Victoria and Estelle went there after Daniel had been at the icehockey games, they spent a couple of days with Madeleine and had a holiday in the States.

Very cute family very lovrly

Put yesterday to Instagram
My princess and our crown princess in Högbo.
Instagram

According to swedish press, when Victoria and Daniel were dating, they were often staying at Högbo Bruk in Sandviken. It is close to Ockelbo and Gävle, where Daniel's sister Anna lives.
There is a playground and a small animal park including rabbits, chickens, goats and alpacas at Högbo. And possibilities to a lot of outdoor activity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom