Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, General News Part 1: June - September 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anything unusual with this. If I can recall it correctly I think that Victoria also gave Madeleine some outfits. This is normal. I also gave dresses that I didn't wore or that didn't fit me anylonger away to friends and relatives when they liked it. Victoria's gesture shows that she gets along very well with her new relatives and friends. The dress that Anna Westling wore was simply beautiful and suited her very well. This is what matters. Anna is Victoria's sister-in-law now. And just as Victoria changed dresses with Madeleine, she now changes dresses with her new sister. What a beautiful gesture of intimacy between them.

If Victoria would give me some of her old dresses I would take them as well, as she has some really nice stuff :)

I agree...they're just dresses, after all. She has Daniel and now she needs new dresses.

Sorry I don't understand this. What do you mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
To bad that Victoria's nieces are not fully developed to get some outfits.

Well, it's been a few years since I learnt German at school but I think 'leihen' means to lend and the caption on the picture says it was taken on the evening before the wedding (I think!) so maybe Victoria just lent her the dress. Even if she had given it to her I don't see a problem.

I don't really see what's wrong with giving/lending outfits to relatives, even royal ones. Didn't Princess Alexia of Greece wear a maternity outfit of her Spanish cousin's to Princess Isabelle of Denmark's christening? I can't remember which Spanish Princess wore it but it was to one of the Greek Royal weddings in London, possibly Pavlos'.

I believe this is the speaker of parliament; since the parliament "hosted" the pre=wedding concert.

When I saw an update on this thread I thought they were back in Sweden! So I'm a bit disappointed..Does anyone know when they're due to return from their honeymoon? I know they don't have an engagement for a few weeks yet.

being selfish i want them back too!!
Need news and pics of them but if i really think about it i'm happy they're still away together!

When are they going to return to Sweden? I want to see them in their first official event as a couple. :p

I don't think it was announced when they'll return to Sweden. But their first official event is on August 21st, so they'll be for sure back by then.

Thanks for letting me know about the speaker of parliament. I thought it was either him or the mayor of Stockholm :)

I read from the swedish newspapers before the wedding, that their honeymoon would last for six weeks and that they will return to Sweden in August. So I hope that means next week. And the king said on Victoria´s birthday party that they will give the regards to Victoria, when she returns to Solliden a little later this summer.

I´ve been so angry, I had problems with my internet connection for two whole days :bang:. Anyway, now it is working again and it is nice to be back at this forum.

I read from the swedish newspapers before the wedding, that their honeymoon would last for six weeks and that they will return to Sweden in August. So I hope that means next week. And the king said on Victoria´s birthday party that they will give the regards to Victoria, when she returns to Solliden a little later this summer.

I´ve been so angry, I had problems with my internet connection for two whole days :bang:. Anyway, now it is working again and it is nice to be back at this forum.

So they are coming home on Sunday. Its then been 6 weeks and its the 1st of August.:D

Victorias & Daniels lyxresa jorden runt | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Victoria and Daniels luxery trip around the world. After Tahit they went to Vail Colorado were Bertil Hult had a house. Then it was off to the west coast and then across the USA to Boston and House of blues were they danced to the singer Robyn.

The end of the article say: Their honeymoon is coming to an end, but the journey as husband and wife is only just begining

I made a post about this march (Kronprinsessan Victorias festmarsch) and the fanfare a few years ago. You can read it in this forum: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/swedish-royalty-and-music-1128.html
my post is # 3 (and point 3 and 4 in that post is about what you are asking about....)
Hope it will help :)

When the Swedish Army band played it in the youtube clip abowe it was during the "Change of Guards" at the royal palace. (They change guards every day at 12.00) and since its a special year for Victoria I think thats the reason they played her Festmarsch....

Thanks a lot, I wasn't sure where to post this. I did a forum search and nothing showed up.

Victorias & Daniels lyxresa jorden runt | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Victoria and Daniels luxery trip around the world. After Tahit they went to Vail Colorado were Bertil Hult had a house. Then it was off to the west coast and then across the USA to Boston and House of blues were they danced to the singer Robyn.

The end of the article say: Their honeymoon is coming to an end, but the journey as husband and wife is only just begining

Sounds like a wonderful trip!

Also Svensk Damtidning writes that Victoria and Daniel are on the way home:
Smekmånadsparet på väg hem till vardagen | Svensk Damtidning

After Bora Bora, they went to New York to see concert of Lady Gaga at Madison Square Garden. Then they went back to south, to Brazil, to meet the relatives of Victoria. Then back to USA: Some days in Colorado and in the concert of Swedish singer Robyn in Boston. There they were looking happy and dancing with the music, according to people who saw them.

Perhaps victoria gave the gown to Daniel's sister because a gown of this type would be very expensive and why spend that kind of money for a gown that you would only wear once or twice................a very thoughtful gesture....not everyone can afford those kind of outfits

Also Svensk Damtidning writes that Victoria and Daniel are on the way home:
Smekmånadsparet på väg hem till vardagen | Svensk Damtidning

After Bora Bora, they went to New York to see concert of Lady Gaga at Madison Square Garden. Then they went back to south, to Brazil, to meet the relatives of Victoria. Then back to USA: Some days in Colorado and in the concert of Swedish singer Robyn in Boston. There they were looking happy and dancing with the music, according to people who saw them.

And since they arent to known in USA my guess is that the people who saw them were swedes themselves and looked more at them than Robyn:whistling:

Werent they supposed to be resting? Flying around like that sounds not like resting

According to one of the papers that was linked to here, there were Swedish people during the Lady Gaga concert. Apparently they attracted V&D's attention, because the article says V&D turned around and waved to them.

Aftonbladet tells about the honeymoon:
When Victoria and Daniel arrived to Tahiti/Bora Bora, their friend Bertil Hult was there to welcome them. From Bora Bora they went Boston, and then to the Alpine Area Beaver Creek in Colorado. They have been staying at the luxury home of Bertil Hult. Victoria and Daniel wanted to enjoy the beautiful wild nature with high mountains and the fresh air and recreational and athletic activities.
Beaver Creek has been Daniel´s and Victoria's special retreat where they could find the peace they sought.
- They have had it as a base and only made short trips on one or a few days, says a source.
They returned many times to Boston, which is also Bertil Hult´s American base. They went by train to New York to see Lady Gaga´s concert. Afterwards they met one of Victoria's friends. They stayed in New York a few days before returning by train to Boston and were flown back to Beaver Creek. They also went to Robyn´s concert in Boston. Throughout the honeymoon Victoria and Daniel have used Hult´s planes. The court doesn´t comment the honeymoon, because they never comment private trips.
Smekmånaden – levde lyxliv hos miljardären | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

From Expressen:
The King´s hard request for Daniel. The King will follow every step he takes.
Expressen

Aftonbladet tells about the honeymoon:

From Expressen:
The King´s hard request for Daniel. The King will follow every step he takes.
Expressen

Any possibility of a brief summary of this article, anyone who's read it? Thanks in advance..

I have read the Aftonbladet article and suddenly they do not speak about a trip to Brazil anymore. I thought they did so on Friday, just like the other newspapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom