Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 24: June 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for "big news" then. Good PR move though.

In regards to the Prince Consort title, wasn't it reported that, after the Government advised the Queen against pushing ahead with Prince of the Commonwealth title for Prince Philip, he himself declined The Prince Consort one, stating he had enough honours as it is?

Oh excuse us from thinking the news was actually something important.

Hahaha, next time they should hire posters here to invent some *real* big news :D

That's happened already?! Thought it was December time, will be waiting for it to appear on ITV.

I'm glad I was way off base with my speculation about the 'announcement'.

I don't see the Queen giving Philip the 'Prince Consort' title at this stage. I think if that was going to happen it would've done long before now.

The fact of being married for 65 years is a huge milestone today. Unfortunately it is a seldom anniversary as people are going to get divorced or one part has died. I hope for them they will have a great day with family visitors and a big cake for Elizabeth and Philip. May they be happy, healthy and may they have much fun for the rest of their lifes.

Wow, The Queen looked very elegant tonight.

Happy Wedding Anniversary to Her Majesty The Queen & HRH The Duke of Edinburgh.

Queen Elizabeth has met with the new High Commissioner for Belize Perla Perdomo during a private audience at Buckingham Palace on November 20, 2012.

** Pic **

Queen Elizabeth has met with the new High Commissioner for Belize Perla Perdomo during a private audience at Buckingham Palace on November 20, 2012.

** Pic **

HM looks great in that shade of purple. She looks especially beautiful today.

HM looks great in that shade of purple. She looks especially beautiful today.

agree - that is a fabulous color on her ... wonder if Philip picked it out for her.

and does that look like a Mike and Zara wedding pic in the background? I love to see the family photos sprinkled about her.

Happy Anniversary to the Queen and the DoE!!! 65 years, wow!!!

I loved the 65 photos but they said 50th year on the throne instead of 60th.
Happy 65th anniversary to Her Majesty the Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh!

I loved the pics too! I thought that the 50th year thingie was about the pic taken on the 50tth year she'd been on the throne. One for each year of their marriage. Behind every great woman there is a good man eh?

Gary Barlow returns to Buckingham Palace to receive OBE from the Queen | Mail Online

Take That star Gary Barlow said he was 'deeply proud' after returning to Buckingham Palace on Wednesday to be awarded his OBE by the Queen.
The 41-year-old X Factor judge, who has spent more than 20 years in the public eye, was given the title for services to the entertainment industry and to charity.
Barlow masterminded the triumphant Diamond Jubilee concert - staged at the Palace during a special bank holiday weekend in June - which featured a host of stars including Stevie Wonder and Sir Paul McCartney who played to a televised audience of millions.

On November 23 the Duke of Edinburgh was invited to the Royal Southern Yacht Club in Hamble for a special luncheon engagement, the final event in the club's 175th anniversary year.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** royal-southern.co.uk: H.R.H. The Duke of Edinburgh K.G. K.T. honours Royal Southern Yacht Club Commodore's Luncheon **

And Queen Elizabeth today, November 26, met members of the Household Cavalry at the Combermere Barracks in Windsor.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Meets Members of Household Cavalry at Combermere Barracks **

Last edited:
Great to see the DoE in such good form.

There are a couple of photos from the Zimbio link in iceflower's post.

This makes me feel a tad uncomfortable but HM is, as usual, cool 'under fire'.

While this one is just an instant classic.

I was SHOCKED that the DM did not run the second photo with a caption along the lines of "Her Majesty affronted by Green Man at Combermere Barracks!" It was a no brainer for their style of journalism and a classic photo. Made me chuckle.

And the first photo has a delightful mis-use of depth to make it seem Her Majesty may need to take a step right. Funny bit!

No one has yet ID'd the brooches she wore (I am sure regiment-ally related) - and I don't have the software to make them clear so I am on tenterhooks.

ITs the look on HMQ's face with the "instant classic" and a caption is required. My contribution is "I hope Angela Kelly donesn't see this!"

No one has yet ID'd the brooches she wore (I am sure regiment-ally related) - and I don't have the software to make them clear so I am on tenterhooks.
Well, the lower one is the Queen's Household Cavalry Brooch.
I have absolutely no clues about the first brooch though because there are no good quality pictures right now.

Whatever happened to short back and sides? Queen looks rather perplexed as she meets sniper in full camouflage

It is a dilemma faced by anyone invited to meet the Queen: what exactly does one wear? This sniper serving with the Household Cavalry Regiment opted for his work outfit... leaving the Queen looking more than a little perplexed. Looking like Chewbacca from the movie blockbuster Star Wars, the crack marksman wore a 'ghillie suit', a type of camouflage clothing designed to resemble heavy foliage, leaves and twigs to remain concealed from the enemy. The suit even moves in gusts of wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom