The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 04:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Now that was good for a giggle or two. The amazing thing too about it is that both women look approximately the same age in that picture.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-21-2018, 04:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
This made me chuckle... it might do that for you too...
You know, The Queen actually look good with that hairdo. She has told her hairdresser that she want to change up her hairstyle, but she changes her mind at the last minute.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-22-2018, 01:48 AM
Aristocracy

No. no,no.
They both look like Marrianne Faithful.
YouTube has her in concert at the Bataclan
Nov 2016
You'll see what I mean.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:36 PM
Royal Highness

Court Circular 22nd February:
Air Chief Marshal Sir Stephen Hillier (Chief of the Air Staff) was received by The Queen today.

The following were received in audience by The Queen and kissed hands upon their appointment as Her Majesty's Ambassadors: Mr. Michael Davenport (the State of Kuwait) and Mr. Justin McKenzie Smith (Georgia).
Mrs. Davenport was also received by Her Majesty.

The following were received in audience by The Queen upon their appointment as British High Commissioners: Ms. Sarah Cooke (the United Republic of Tanzania) and Mr. Richard Lindsay (Brunei Darussalam).
Mr. Calum McCallum and Mrs. Lindsay were also received by Her Majesty.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Elizabeth drives herself to church in Windsor today

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...hurch,_windsor
Old 02-25-2018, 08:35 AM
Courtier

HM always seems to pick that rather old Jaguar when she wants to drive herself, rather than the many newer cars she has at her disposal. She much like it personally.

It is odd to see anyone driving without a seatbelt though, I know the Queen never wears one but it is a bit jarring.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:22 AM
Gentry

I can't remember, is it a long way to drive?
Old 02-25-2018, 09:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I've always loved seeing HM doing things that she probably doesn't get a chance to do very often and its mostly while she's at Windsor that she gets a bit of her own life to herself with riding in Windsor Great Park, driving herself to church and from what I've come to believe, pop around for visits with friends and family after church.

For a woman that is fast approaching 92 years old, she's an inspiration to us all.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-25-2018, 10:01 AM
Serene Highness

She is amazing. I love that she still drives and rides her horse. Age aint nothing but a number, baby!
Old 02-25-2018, 10:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen drive in the manner in which I prefer...simple driving. I think it’s best to not be an everyday driver.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-25-2018, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I just realized - I don't know this...

I know where the Royal Apartments are and Where St. George's is. But where does the Queen get in the car for the drive?

https://goo.gl/images/YE42S3.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:44 PM
Royal Highness

Court Circular 27th February:
Mr. Christopher Pincher MP was received by The Queen today and delivered up his Wand of Office upon relinquishing his appointment as Comptroller of the Household when Her Majesty handed to him his Wand of Office as Treasurer of the Household.

Mr. Christopher Heaton-Harris MP was received by The Queen and delivered up his Wand of Office upon relinquishing his appointment as Vice-Chamberlain of the Household when Her Majesty handed to him his Wand of Office as Comptroller of the Household.

Mr. Mark Spencer MP was received by The Queen upon his appointment as Vice-Chamberlain of the Household when Her Majesty handed to him his Wand of Office.

The Vice-Chamberlain of the Household was received in audience by The Queen and presented an Address from the House of Commons to which Her Majesty was graciously pleased to make reply.

The Lord Henley was received by The Queen this afternoon upon relinquishing his appointment as a Lord in Waiting to Her Majesty.

The Baroness Buscombe was received by The Queen upon relinquishing her appointment as a Baroness in Waiting to Her Majesty.

The Baroness Stedman-Scott was received by The Queen upon assuming her appointment as a Baroness in Waiting to Her Majesty.

By command of The Queen, Mr. Alistair Harrison (Marshal of the Diplomatic Corps) received His Excellency Major General Dato Paduka Seri Haji Aminuddin Ihsan Bin Pehin Orang Kaya Saiful Mulok Dato Seri Paduka Haji Abidin at St. James's Palace this morning in order to bid farewell to His Excellency upon relinquishing his appointment as High Commissioner for Brunei Darussalam in London.

-----
What’s going on? That’s two days the Queen’s had audiences and no photos from BP.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:59 AM
Royal Highness

Court Circular 28th February:
Miss Sarah MacIntosh was received in audience by The Queen this afternoon and kissed hands upon her appointment as Permanent Representative to the United Kingdom's Delegation to the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation.

The Rt. Hon. Theresa May MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of Her Majesty this evening.

The Queen was represented by the Lord Fellowes (Extra Equerry and formerly Private Secretary to Her Majesty) at the Funeral of Sir Julian Loyd (formerly Land Agent, Sandringham) which was held in St. Mary Magdalene Church, Sandringham, Norfolk, today.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:02 AM
Courtier

I was wondering where the Queen is at the moment? It's rare for us to go over a week essentially without seeing pictures of her at this time of the year. I know the weather's been awful but to not see photos of some of her BP audiences is odd. I hope she's not unwell.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
I was wondering where the Queen is at the moment? It's rare for us to go over a week essentially without seeing pictures of her at this time of the year. I know the weather's been awful but to not see photos of some of her BP audiences is odd. I hope she's not unwell.
During the week, The Queen is usually at Buckingham Palace. She go to Windsor Castle on the weekends. She’s spending a little more time at Windsor and work from there, if she don’t have to be at the Headquarters for official reasons.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-03-2018, 09:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
She was certainly in residence at BP earlier this week.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I just realized - I don't know this...

I know where the Royal Apartments are and Where St. George's is. But where does the Queen get in the car for the drive?

https://goo.gl/images/YE42S3.
The church she attends most regularly is I think the one close to Royal Lodge rather than St George's. St George's is much larger whereas the Royal Chapel of All Saints is smaller and more private.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
HM always seems to pick that rather old Jaguar when she wants to drive herself, rather than the many newer cars she has at her disposal. She much like it personally.
Yes, I've been seeing pics of her driving that Jaguar for years on end now. She's nearly 92 so I'm sure modern cars might be confusing for her now with so many automatic features.

She probably likes to keep it simple.

I always find it funny watching her driving and wearing a hat. It looks like she could be returning home from the supermarket.
Old 03-03-2018, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
She had audiences at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday and Wednesday. Usually she travels to Windsor on Thursday or Friday, so I assume she’s there now.
For some reason BP hasn’t published any photos from the Queen’s last 3 audiences, which they usually always do. No idea what is going on with them.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Today, March 6, Queen Elizabeth visited the International Maritime Organization in London to mark the 70th year of its formation and adoption of the International Maritime Organisation Convention. The Queen had opened its headquarters in 1983.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh