The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-23-2016, 05:15 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about the patronage hand-over have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...oad-40180.html thread.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
With two helicopters on lease to HM, The Queen, the cost of the lease is paid regardless whether or not the birds ever leave the ground. HM, known to be frugal, examines the reason for the use of a helicopter, who is using it and where it is transporting to or from before it gets the royal assent.

It is often the complaint that other means of transportation could have been used but do those that complain actually stop and think that perhaps another mode of transportation (such as a public train line) would casue more problems than be a convenience such as security, disruption to the public etc?

I'm happy that the two of them were able to just fly off to Sandringham and have the shortest trip possible between the two places. I can imagine that even with colds, both HM and the DoE feel much, much better being "home" for the holidays and all is as it should be.

Come to think of it, the only time I can really remember seeing HM get into a helicopter was for her grand entrance into the London Olympic Games of 2012 with Daniel Craig. I will never, ever forget that. Classic.
That was absolutely incredible and I'll bet HM really enjoyed doing it.

Old 12-24-2016, 06:49 AM
Courtier

Had read about the delay abut not the eventual outcome, so good news!

If that (epic journey) was her last 'choper ride shame on the rest of them!
Old 12-26-2016, 04:51 AM
Royal Highness

Queen Elizabeth forced to miss Christmas Day church service with 'heavy cold'. The Queen has spent Christmas at the royal couple's country home, Sandringham House in Norfolk, every year since 1988 and has not missed a Christmas Day service during that time.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:31 AM
Courtier

Philip was out and about, so on the mend. I didn't know it was "only" since 1988 that Christmas at Sandringham commenced.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
Philip was out and about, so on the mend. I didn't know it was "only" since 1988 that Christmas at Sandringham commenced.

Christmas at Sandringham was a tradition under George V and George VI, as well as in the Queen's early reign. At some point she started doing Christmas at Windsor, and you can find videos/pictures of the family leaving St Georges' Chapel on Christmas Day between 81-87 on Google.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Official Statement from Buckingham Palace-
The Queen is Unable to attend the New Year's Day Church Service at Sandringham:
https://mobile.twitter.com/PA/status/815490166970347520

She's still battling the heavy cold.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-01-2017, 05:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Christmas at Sandringham was a tradition under George V and George VI, as well as in the Queen's early reign. At some point she started doing Christmas at Windsor, and you can find videos/pictures of the family leaving St Georges' Chapel on Christmas Day between 81-87 on Google.
I think the Queen and her immediate family use to travel to Sandringham sometime after Christmas Day to be there well before New Year's Eve anyway, so when they stopped going to Windsor they simply went to Sandringham earlier. It does show IMO though how easy it is for people to see something as the 'always done' tradition, most people now probably think the RF has always celebrated Christmas Day at Sandringham
Old 01-01-2017, 07:07 AM
Courtier

Sky News reporting on the Queen's absence from today's service.

Queen Elizabeth misses church again due to cold
Old 01-01-2017, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Press Association ‏@PA
The Duke of Edinburgh leaves St Mary Magdalene Church at Sandringham without the Queen who was unable to attend as she recovers from a cold

https://twitter.com/PA/status/815543151427522560
Old 01-01-2017, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

I suppose the Queen wasn't out and about enough to present any kind of academic award at the big house to Norfolk schoolchildren, as she did last year. I believe last year on the Sunday after Christmas she gave an award to a pupil at a Kings Lynn school for academic excellence and it appeared in the CC.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:08 AM
Nobility

This is becoming more and more worrying. It wouldn't surprise me if this 'heavy cold' is actually pneumonia. The symptoms can be similar at least to start with and as we all know pneumonia is a serious problem for the elderly. I really hope I'm wrong.

It's been several weeks since HM was last seen in public which is odd in itself.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
This is becoming more and more worrying. It wouldn't surprise me if this 'heavy cold' is actually pneumonia. The symptoms can be similar at least to start with and as we all know pneumonia is a serious problem for the elderly. I really hope I'm wrong.

It's been several weeks since HM was last seen in public which is odd in itself.
Remember, we went through a long spell in the summer where she was not seen? To me, this is the new Elizabeth in her 90's in a year where it took a sore on her leg months to heal. As the saying goes, "old age is not for sissies." Thankfully, that's the last thing I would think to call HM.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I have posted several updates from the royal correspondents in the General News thread, and I don't think there is any cause for alarm:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1951000
Old 01-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Maybe the mods could put all the information regarding the Queen's health into one thread?

I also see no cause for alarm and sincerely believe that its better to stay in, keep warm and cozy and let the cold run its course rather than go out and risk the cold developing into something more dire.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Majesty

I would say that there is nothing concerning about HM's health. It's a cold, and when one is old, the cold affects you badly. Better not to risk and vent out to get the cold worse!
Old 01-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I would say that there is nothing concerning about HM's health. It's a cold, and when one is old, the cold affects you badly. Better not to risk and vent out to get the cold worse!
I agree, and was just about to post the same thing myself. I hope that HM has a speedy recovery, and judging by Princess Anne's comments, it appears that she is feeling better. It's best now for her to rest as much as a she can until she's better, I think.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-02-2017, 09:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I agree, and was just about to post the same thing myself. I hope that HM has a speedy recovery, and judging by Princess Anne's comments, it appears that she is feeling better. It's best now for her to rest as much as a she can until she's better, I think.

Exactly what I think!. She is old after all, and human. I think the paalce would have said something different if she were dealing with something worse.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:09 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing I've come to realize is that when it comes to health issues, the statements released by the palace are blunt, to the point and doesn't leave room for elaboration. Its usually a protocol that they do not comment on the health issues of the BRF but when necessary, they tell it like it is.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Courtier

BP doesn't usually comment unless it is felt necessary. There possibly wouldn't have been anything further to the original comment on the Queen's cold if it hadn't been for that silly fake twitter gag earlier.

Tags
queen elizabeth ii, the duke of edinburgh