Princess Märtha Louise & Ari Behn Current Events Part 7: May 2006 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
– Jeg er glad det er Haakon som skal arve tronen og ikke meg - Kongelige - VG

H.H Princess Märtha Louise has given an interview to the magazine 'Tara', in which she speaks of her life, choices, her relief that her brother remained Crown Prince and that the law of equal succession was not given retroactive effect, as had happened in Sweden and her gratitude to her parents for allowing her freedom to make her own choices in her life.

She goes into some details about the law of succession changes, and says that her grandfather, the late King Olav V made it clear that 'one does not pull a horse out of the race after it has begun', to illustrate that to allow the law to retroactively change the succession to the throne was unacceptable. This is something she says she is grateful for, as she was always raised as a Princess, but not an heir, and that she had always felt a little like a third wheel, pondering what her life should be and what choices was open to her. She speaks about the freedom her parents gave her, and that the years until she would turn 30, were designated to be formative, educational and free, but that after that point, she was expected to fill the more formal role of Princess, unless otherwise agreed. When she decided to marry and become an artist and businesswoman, she relinquished her designation of H.R.H and the yearly sum allotted to her in her representational role, so she would be more free to undertake a career.

She adds a few words about what it feels to be royal, to be born and raised in the family she is and despite looking at what other friends of hers who are in the same role or position chose as educations or paths, she felt it was important to her to be as free as she could be to make her own choices in life.

I'm surprised too, they seemed a wellsuited couple... goes to show that you can never tell from the outside...

It is also a surprise for me, they seemed to be a very happy family

It's a surprise for me, too. I thought that Martha and Ari had a happy marriage and were well resolved.

Princess Martha Louise spoke wise words: We (Ari and I) are remaining together in parenthood.

Surprised but may be for the best. They seem to be divorcing on good terms. Easier to co-parent when divorce on good terms. Waiting until it is war of the roses and putting your kids through that is good for no one.

I believe Ari gave an interview to a newspaper years ago, after he'd been caught by a pap snuggling with a well endowed blonde. He stated that he and his wife had an open relationship and so Martha Louise wouldn't be surprised, (or so he inferred.) I've always had an 'off' sort of feeling about Ari anyway.

Last edited:

Märtha Louise visited the Paul Stolper Gallery in London today:

** Photo **

Last edited:
Princess Märtha nervous before her comeback on horseback - Norway Today

"Friday morning, Ari Behn, former husband of Princess Märtha Louise of Norway, was involved in a car accident. The misfortune was so serious that the divorced man of the Princess was sent to the hospital. The police were told that the car he was in had driven off the road at 11:30 local Norwegian time. Police, the fire brigade and ambulance moved out to assist at the crash site."

Ari Behn, former husband of Princess Märtha Louise, sent to hospital after car accident – Royal Central

Last edited by a moderator:
Skavlan's interview with Märtha was a bit embarrassing to watch.

As far as I know Her Royal Highness accepted to go to the TV program under the condition that the conductor will not ask her about her divorce and family issues.

Princess Märtha Louise and Elisabeth Nordeng gave a lecture of their new book "Foedt sensitiv - Vaare historier" (Born sensitive - Our stories) at the cultural centre of Lillestroem yesterday, March 2:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Märtha Louise shared a photo of herself with her favourite horse:

** Photo **

Last edited:
:previous: I heard about it earlier today.

Translated by me: Ari Behn uskadet etter trafikkuhell - Ari Behn - VG
On Friday evening, Behn confirmed on Instagram that he was involved in the a car accident.

"Englevakt today (means that he was lucky). Unscathed from total crash, " Behn writes at Instagram, where he has shared a pink stool image.
There has also been news that Marius Borg Høiby has been involved in a traffic accident (in the US, during the easter holiday) as well. The Crown Prince's family were in a car behind.

Last edited:
:previous: I heard about it earlier today.

Translated by me: Ari Behn uskadet etter trafikkuhell - Ari Behn - VG

There has also been news that Marius Borg Høiby has been involved in a traffic accident (in the US, during the easter holiday) as well. The Crown Prince's family were in a car behind.

strange that the court didn't publish anything about marius having an accident, seeing it was likely it was a family holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom