The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-27-2014, 07:31 AM
Heir Apparent

She's publically said she regretted the divorce (interview with Oprah) or words to that effect and that she loved him.

LaRae

Old 10-27-2014, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I think she yet loves him. I think they are living together in privat but she is no more present to all the cérémonies It is my opinion

Old 10-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Courtier

Sarah Ferguson Believes in Fairies
Quoting Sarah re: what makes her happy.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:52 PM
Majesty

I think that it's really unfortunate for Sarah that she came out with this statement. After the successful event at Windsor Castle, things were looking better for her. I can imagine people saying now, "Yes, fairies...as in 'off with'." Then again, perhaps this is why she's living with Andrew. Perhaps he's taking care of her because she just can't function in the business world. Perhaps she's gotten worse with time. Even if she was just having some fun with her comment, it's not the sort of thing a serious business-woman says publicly.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
She's publically said she regretted the divorce (interview with Oprah) or words to that effect and that she loved him.

LaRae
Yes, I remember that. She said that if she had to do it again she would not give up so quickly, she would "fight" for Andrew and their marriage. She does deeply regret the divorce.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 10-30-2014, 11:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I think people tend to forget that Andrew and Sarah were separated for 4yrs before the divorce was finalized. They could have gotten backed together during the separation if they wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-30-2014, 11:28 PM
Majesty

That's very true Skippy. But by the same reasoning they both could have remarried others by now...if they really wanted to. The late Jacqueline Kennedy's statement that only two people know what really transpires in a marriage is particularly apt for Andrew and Sarah.

And whatever arrangement they have is apparently satisfactory for both of them.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 10-31-2014, 12:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think that it's really unfortunate for Sarah that she came out with this statement. After the successful event at Windsor Castle, things were looking better for her. I can imagine people saying now, "Yes, fairies...as in 'off with'." Then again, perhaps this is why she's living with Andrew. Perhaps he's taking care of her because she just can't function in the business world. Perhaps she's gotten worse with time. Even if she was just having some fun with her comment, it's not the sort of thing a serious business-woman says publicly.

I think that's an incredibly unfair assessment of Sarah's contribution to that book. It's for Children in Need, she receives no renumeration, and if you read the entire passage contributed by Sarah, she says the following:

‘I do believe in fairies. I do believe in magic and when you blow on a dandelion, you will see the light of the enchanted spreading their wings and disappearing off on their own journeys, just like you have today when you opened your eyes. Don’t let the day go by without looking for fairies and magic. That makes me happy, as every day is, therefore, a day of exploration and adventure.

Source: Fergie Duchess of York reveals what keeps her happy in Children In Need book | Daily Mail Online

She likens fairies to flower petals. It is the height of a benign, harmless, good natured comment, yet Sarah gets piled on for it, she will never, ever, win with the public or press.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Royal View Post
I think that's an incredibly unfair assessment of Sarah's contribution to that book. It's for Children in Need, she receives no renumeration, and if you read the entire passage contributed by Sarah, she says the following:

‘I do believe in fairies. I do believe in magic and when you blow on a dandelion, you will see the light of the enchanted spreading their wings and disappearing off on their own journeys, just like you have today when you opened your eyes. Don’t let the day go by without looking for fairies and magic. That makes me happy, as every day is, therefore, a day of exploration and adventure.

Source: Fergie Duchess of York reveals what keeps her happy in Children In Need book | Daily Mail Online

She likens fairies to flower petals. It is the height of a benign, harmless, good natured comment, yet Sarah gets piled on for it, she will never, ever, win with the public or press.
Unfortunately the second run on sentence is so grammatically incorrect that it's hard to make out what she actually wrote, never mind what meaning she intended to convey. I think she was trying to be whimsical, which at age 55 seems a bit juvenile to me. It really does read like it was written by a female teenager who, unfortunately, didn't pay attention during English grammar class. I visualize hearts and butterflies drawn all over the paper.
BTW, when you blow on the white fuzzy heads of dandelion weeds you are dispersing the seeds, the petals are those yellow things down below which surround the stalk - I've dug enough dandelions from my lawn to be intimately familiar with their anatomy.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:24 PM
Majesty

I did read the whole quote. I agree with the poster who said that she was trying to be whimsical. It does give people the opportunity to slam her, though. It's been my opinion for awhile that Andrew shelters her.

Quote:
I think that's an incredibly unfair assessment of Sarah's contribution to that book.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:55 PM
Aristocracy

And it seems a good thing that Sarah's got Andrew to do that kind of protecting, it appears she needs it.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Yes, I remember that. She said that if she had to do it again she would not give up so quickly, she would "fight" for Andrew and their marriage. She does deeply regret the divorce.
That is how I remember it, too.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I like Sarah's sense of humor and life spirit. That said, she needs to learn to proofread. I make a lot of typos, but her grammar is a tangled mess. It's a lousy example to show children.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
. . . . . BTW, when you blow on the white fuzzy heads of dandelion weeds you are dispersing the seeds, the petals are those yellow things down below which surround the stalk - I've dug enough dandelions from my lawn to be intimately familiar with their anatomy.
Ah, but can you remember being a small child and holding one on a warm summers day and blowing it into the air and watching all the delicate little fluffys being carried away on the breeze and wondering where they were going?
Old 11-01-2014, 02:51 AM
Royal Highness

We made wishes on them.

I understood what Sarah meant. There is magic in everyday things, even the small things.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Royal Highness

Others who believe in fairies...

The professional women who believe fairies guide them: You might think theyre crackers. But women like Bonny say fairies have enhanced their careers, health and happiness* | Daily Mail Online

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-07-2014, 03:22 PM
Courtier

Duchess of York Supports Ex-Husband At Official Engagement
Interesting that Sarah was not invited to the event and "[n]ot on the official guest list.." and that she didn't stay for the photographs (which may account for the less than flattering stock photo published with the article since she's looking slimmer these days.) Why leak that she was there at all if it was just an unofficial party crash?
Old 11-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Heir Apparent

The fact that she was there is enough for me. She would not have been there if she had not been invited by someone. Is a reconciliation in the works? Only the Shadow knows.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

One thing appears to be cartain: They get on really well for a divorced couple... No matter how in good terms you get after a separation but I think there is always some sort of unconfortable feeling... Sarah has managed to stick around him... Hoping for the best
Old 11-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
The fact that she was there is enough for me. She would not have been there if she had not been invited by someone. Is a reconciliation in the works? Only the Shadow knows.
Robert Jobson said on Twitter that Prince Andrew asked Sarah to be there. Perhaps that's not an official 'invite,' but I'm sure he did want her to be there.

She shows up in a video of the event, too: http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3...=IAQESWujZ&s=1

Edited to add: Robert Jobson wrote an article about Sarah's presence at St. James's Palace: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/fe...d-9846119.html