The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-19-2016, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

I'm just astonished. It's a bit of a Catch 22 situation where both parties were doing something they should not have been doing, acting dishonestly - as well as delusionally by all accounts - and for me, the two things cancel themselves out.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:01 PM
Royal Highness

Thats what I don't understand, its not like those people who got compensation over the phone hacking scandal after their everyday phone messages were hacked, Sarah was doing something highly immoral and plain wrong, yes she was caught in a trap but all that meant was she was exposed publicly for what she had possibly done countless times in private.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:07 PM
Royal Highness

This news was brought up by the Mail several months ago, why are they running the story again? Slow news weekend I guess. It really makes sense that both parties were deceiving the other party and should cancel each other out. Sarah must be needing money again, but if she thinks Rupert Murdoch and his corporation are quaking in their shoes over a Fergie lawsuit, she better think again. I can't stand Rupert Murdoch, but he's a fighter in the courtroom and has much, much money than Fergie or Andrew. He can draw out the legal proceedings to Kingdom come, she'll never win or even get a settlement. In addition, it's an embarrassment to Beatrice and Eugenie to have their mother's actions brought out in the media again, Fergie must not care about their discomfort.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Duchess of York seeking £25m for Fake Sheikh sting* | Daily Mail Online

Sarah thinks she should get £25million of lost earnings from the cash for access to Andy scandal - I'm sorry but she is clearly delusional!!
How low can she go to get money !
Old 11-19-2016, 08:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post

She goes very very low

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-19-2016, 10:02 PM
Heir Apparent

We know from interviews and shows Sarah has appeared in that she rearranges things in her mind, events from her past, so that she appears innocent or naive or at the worst impulsive. Maybe she has deluded herself to such an extent that she believes that she was wronged by this evil rag and the judge and the world will agree that she was taken in by this callous trick and influenced to say the things she did! If she truly does believe that I think she needs more than that one televised angst session with celebrity psychotherapist Pamela Stephenson!
Old 11-19-2016, 10:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have wondered for sometime if she needs professional help.

I don't understand why Andrew or her girls haven't talked her out of it. If her and Andrew still love each other as she keeps telling us surely he would tell to leave it alone after all it reflects on him too.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:30 AM
Majesty

This is absolutely ridiculous. This woman needs to be muzzled. Clearly a few years have passed, and yet again, she is out there embarrassing herself.

I actually don't think the BRF care too much as it is so clear that Andrew and the Palace were not involved in any way - just this loose cannon out destroying herself publicly yet again!
Old 11-20-2016, 06:56 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I would think that with all the embarrassing publicity Sarah got when the sting was first made public, the last thing in the world she'd want to do is remind everybody of what occurred.

No matter what the result of any lawsuit ends up being, Sarah willingly and knowingly believed that she could sell access to her ex-husband. That is a fact. Whether or not it was entrapment or any other scheme or plot that was drawn up to have this sting happen, is besides the point.

The damage has been done and there's no undoing it in my book.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would think that with all the embarrassing publicity Sarah got when the sting was first made public, the last thing in the world she'd want to do is remind everybody of what occurred.

No matter what the result of any lawsuit ends up being, Sarah willingly and knowingly believed that she could sell access to her ex-husband. That is a fact. Whether or not it was entrapment or any other scheme or plot that was drawn up to have this sting happen, is besides the point.

The damage has been done and there's no undoing it in my book.
Well said, I could not agree more.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I have wondered for sometime if she needs professional help.

I don't understand why Andrew or her girls haven't talked her out of it. If her and Andrew still love each other as she keeps telling us surely he would tell to leave it alone after all it reflects on him too.

I think Sarah sees an opportunity to fund her lifestyle with her own money without having to beg other people, especially her ex-husband. She's greedy beyond any means.

Osipi is right - no matter if this information was obtained legally or not, it's a fact that Sarah tried to get her hand on money by selling a connection to Andrew what is and remains deeply embarrassing and shameful.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
This news was brought up by the Mail several months ago, why are they running the story again?...
According to the article a Judge just ruled that the legal filings are public documents, hence details from the documents such as Sarah's finances before and after the incident can be published.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I actually don't think the BRF care too much as it is so clear that Andrew and the Palace were not involved in any way - just this loose cannon out destroying herself publicly yet again!
In the transcript Sarah clearly claims that Andrew knew what she was up to and suggested what price she should seek for the introduction to him. Sarah claimed afterwards that Andrew knew nothing but this lawsuit drags it all up again including the bit about Andrew knowing. And if he truly knew nothing why did he afterwards bail her out?
Andrew got off easy last time - we'll see if he does this time as well, particularly since Epstein & emails confirming his involvement in the fishy sale of his home have surfaced since Sarah's sheik scandal.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

One problem I foresee is the fact that a lawsuit of this kind and for that amount of money is going to require an awful lot of evidence to be brought forward by Sarah in order to prove her case. Judges don't just hand out millions of pounds compensation without going through every single minute bit of evidence and detail.

If this goes ahead, it's not going to be easy and frankly not very nice either.

Maybe Sarah believes she might get an out-of-Court settlement, but I doubt it will be offered to her. It all sounds very much of a gamble to me.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Murdoch will never settle out of court. Fergie pushing the self-destruction button again, bring the popcorn!
Old 11-20-2016, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post

There is no depth to which Fergie can't sink. (Especially if there is money in question).

As for the issue of entrapment, I agree with this: You can't cheat an honest man.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:35 PM
Royal Highness

Pathetical ...
I feel pity for her, really. She will never learn.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:54 PM
Gentry

OMG - why doesn't she just go away - I thought she'd be sent to a 13 million quid chalet in Verbier?? Wouldn't that suffice for most women her age?

I do feel a bit sorry for Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie - they seem like decent enough girls, but are struggling to find a place in the world, stuck in limbo between Royalty and normality.

Never complain, never explain and all that……the poor old Queen Mother must be spinning in her grave!
Old 11-20-2016, 03:15 PM
Majesty

If I could be on the fanciful side, I'd suggest that the QM has an ample supply of gin and dubonnet along with cheese and crackers as, being at rest, she can follow the latest episode of "As the Fergie Turns" with uninterrupted peace.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:27 PM
Royal Highness

It's Fergie's pattern that she wants money and lots of it without actually physically working for it. I think she believes she can sit back, let her lawyers do all the work for her and she can collect a bundle of cash. She doesn't have a clue of what will be asked of her and I do thing she's under the delusion that everything will be settled out of court and she gets her loot to spend. It's classic Fergie, "I need and want money so how can I get it without putting in any effort on my part."

I should add that if there is a trial, Fergie, more than likely, will be called to testify. Murdoch's lawyers will go after her like a wolf to a rabbit. They'll show her no mercy even if she was married to Prince Andrew and her daughters are the Queen's granddaughters. She'll be torn apart on the stand, Rupert Murdoch's lawyers get down, dirty and ugly.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I should add that if there is a trial, Fergie, more than likely, will be called to testify. Murdoch's lawyers will go after her like a wolf to a rabbit. They'll show her no mercy even if she was married to Prince Andrew and her daughters are the Queen's granddaughters. She'll be torn apart on the stand, Rupert Murdoch's lawyers get down, dirty and ugly.
This absolutely ties it up in a neat little package with festive ribbons. Murdoch has something Sarah doesn't. Wads and wads of cash to afford and pay for the best legal eagles that will earn wads and wads of cash making sure that Sarah does not get wads and wads of cash for something she did that she believed she was going to get wads and wads of cash for.

Money talks.