The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-28-2017, 01:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Beautiful photos!
Eugenie's heir is getting redder, now she resembles her mother more.
How old is Jack?
Maybe it is more red, but it could be hair coloring. I really don't think she looks like Sarah.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Eugenie attends book launch at the House of Lords

Princess Eugenie attends book launch in House of Lords | Daily Mail Online

Old 11-02-2017, 05:41 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Eugenie will attend the 2017 @PoppyLegion Poppy Ball, taking place tonight in support of the Royal British Legion.
https://twitter.com/TheDukeOfYork/st...04160453451776
Old 11-04-2017, 01:34 AM
Majesty

Some photos at the ball.

https://twitter.com/HMhelpforforces/...64841241579527
Old 11-25-2017, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

The excellent Princess Eugenie tells the UN 'Fund to End Violence Against Women' that she’s proud of the UK Govt’s Modern Slavery Act, and this is 'her life’s fight'.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eug.jpg
Views:	21111
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	300811  
Old 11-25-2017, 04:46 PM
Majesty

Very nice, I wonder if at some point we will see her work more for the family on some of these issues (years down the road I assume..after William is King).

LaRae
Old 11-25-2017, 05:02 PM
Majesty

One should hope or think she wouldn't have to wait so long. The senior royals are retiring off.

Eugenie is doing fantastic work with the slavery issue. She has made visits both in the UK and US to shelters who work with victims. Its a pity that because she is excluded from the court circular, that her work gets almost no media attention.

Maybe we can feed the DM a 'vacation spin' to this event and she can get an article.

I would love to see Meghan (when the day comes) and Eugenie working on a project together. They seem to have similar interest. Was thinking the same about reading about Princess Mabel and her work with the UN. I know the Brit royals don't mingle with continentals other then rare visits often, but Mabel lives in London.

https://twitter.com/LivingstoneSoph/...29665984802817

https://twitter.com/Heather98609981/...23651575177216

A number of big people in the celebrity world in attendance, including Dame Judi Dench.

https://twitter.com/Heather98609981/...19611575427074
Old 11-25-2017, 05:05 PM
Majesty

No I'd hope she wouldn't have to but IF it's true about Charles reducing the number of working royals she might not be allowed to.

LaRae
Old 11-25-2017, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

^ Sooner than that i'd hope ! If she's keen, there is plenty of work to be done in that regard.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's really nice to see Eugenie speaking about a very topical issue. Eugenie could form her own charity helping victims of modern slavery but I wonder if she would still need royal permission to do so. It would be good to see her have her own charity some time in the near future, though.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-25-2017, 05:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
It's really nice to see Eugenie speaking about a very topical issue. Eugenie could form her own charity helping victims of modern slavery but I wonder if she would still need royal permission to do so. It would be good to see her have her own charity some time in the near future, though.
Why would she need permission

You certainly don't need to be a royal to do charity work. She isn't a 'working royal' yet she and her sister both have a number of patronages. There is no stopping. The only difference, they get no compensation for expenses, or any acknowledgement for their work.

Personally I don't see her starting her own charity. Unlike Bea, Eugenie has chosen to have a traditional job, working in art galleries. I do hope we will see her continue with this subject and take up positions with charities already established.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:08 PM
Nobility

I love how it seems Eugenie handles her charity work and duties while still having a regular job. I feel like she handles it better than Beatrice because that was always the expectation of her. As the the second child of the male child of a monarch she was expected, like Prince Richard of Gloucester before his brother's death, to get a job but still carry out duties and support patronages unlike B who was supposed to carry out royal engagements until the 2000's.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Eugenie after the UN Dinner with boyfriend Jack Brooksbank enjoy the night in Chiltern Firehouse in London

Old 11-26-2017, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

^I like how the article remarked that Jack looked dapper in a suit and shirt. On this side of the Atlantic we have not seen that word, dapper, in mens' clothing descriptions.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Eugenie after the UN Dinner with boyfriend Jack Brooksbank enjoy the night in Chiltern Firehouse in London

Bravo. Daily fail never fails to some how meet the low standards I expect from it

Of course no mention of the charity event she attended or speech she gave. I mean that would be good publicity for her and we cant have that. Not eve if it would help a cause.

We get the 'out to dinner all night with friends'.

Just like when Bea is in NY for an UN event, and the only thing that makes the Fail, is she goes out for dinner with a designer.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:20 PM
Royal Highness

I agree, the press is very unfair to Beatrice and Eugenie. They are criticized for stupid stuff, a lot of which is untrue and the stories are designed to push the narrative a certain way. They are rarely given credit for their charitable endeavors.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Eugenie attended the opening of The Bunker in West Palm Beach, Florida, yesterday, December 2:

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 12-03-2017, 03:57 PM
Courtier

What a pretty dress!
Wonder why she is in Florida.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
What a pretty dress!
Wonder why she is in Florida.
Possibly work. It doesn't start for a few days, but the Hauser and Wirth, the gallery she works with, is involved with an art fair in Florida December 7-10. It seems highly likely she may be in Florida ahead of the event, and be doing some work with it.
https://www.hauserwirth.com/art-fair...mi-beach/view/

Though her gallery is located in London, it has branches in New York, LA and Zurich. A lot of people don't seem to realize a lot of her travel is likely for her work and not just holidays. Like the trip to LA she took recently.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Possibly work. It doesn't start for a few days, but the Hauser and Wirth, the gallery she works with, is involved with an art fair in Florida December 7-10. It seems highly likely she may be in Florida ahead of the event, and be doing some work with it.
https://www.hauserwirth.com/art-fair...mi-beach/view/

Though her gallery is located in London, it has branches in New York, LA and Zurich. A lot of people don't seem to realize a lot of her travel is likely for her work and not just holidays. Like the trip to LA she took recently.
I couldn’t find much info. about the event she’s pictured at, although it appeared in other photos to have a gallery/art connection, too. Thanks for the info. about the art fair, I’ll be in Florida during that time — but further north :)

Tags
princess eugenie