Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came across this very brief info on Eugenie's working arrangements from the Telegraph. She has apparenly finshed her internship at Christie's auction house, and is now "working somewhere else" (no info given):

Why Nick Clegg is losing to David Cameron - Telegraph

I'm surprised we aren't being given more official information on this. Both York girls have an unfair and undeserved public perception attached to them as being idlers, socialites, etc. I would have thought that the powers that be would want to publicise their work more to combat this kind of assumption.

Exactly.
That's why I am convinced that neither of the York girls is working, at least not at a full-time job. If they were, the press would report it.

Good for them if they can manage to work without having their office or co workers hassled by the paps.

I'm surprised we aren't being given more official information on this.

Why would we be given official information? What business is it of the publics to know where Beatrice and Eugenie are 24/7? They get bad press because the press make up stuff mainly based on their parents failings.

Exactly.
That's why I am convinced that neither of the York girls is working, at least not at a full-time job. If they were, the press would report it.

Well cleary they are working as it's been reported on several occasions in several different newspapers. They just haven't managed to snag any good pictures. I think it's great for them if they can have jobs and manage to avoid the press. Even Catherine couldn't do that.

The press have been reporting since last October that Beatrice is working, including having to take time off from work to represent Britain in Berlin earlier this year and to spend her lunchtimes being briefed by the government officials about what she would be doin and saying.

Eugenie - like her sister last year - has had an internship and no doubt will either have a job or another internship. The Telegraph article even says
“I am working somewhere else now,” says the Princess, 23. “I really enjoyed it at Christie’s, but I’m keen to try different things. The main thing is that I’m working.”

The press aren't telling us where they are working but it does report regularly that Beatrice does have a job and now we are told the Eugenie is working out of her own mouth.

Well cleary they are working as it's been reported on several occasions in several different newspapers. They just haven't managed to snag any good pictures. I think it's great for them if they can have jobs and manage to avoid the press. Even Catherine couldn't do that.

I guess we'll have to agree to differ on this issue.

Could it be that where they are not working has not yet been published out of respect for their privacy and that of their colleagues? Also taking into consideration the security concerns.

Could it be that where they are not working has not yet been published out of respect for their privacy and that of their colleagues? Also taking into consideration the security concerns.

The counter argument to that would be that when has the press ever cared about other people and security concerns?

I agree with you, Eugenie and Beatrice are only of interest to the press when they're out clubbing (on a weekend) or with their mother or father (at a wedding, work or holiday).

I guess we'll have to agree to differ on this issue.

The press have said that they are working - what is there to differ about.

Eugenie is quoted as saying she has a job - are you calling her a liar?

The thing is that there are no pictures of them going to work - there are very few pictures of William or Harry going to work either - does that mean that they don't work or is it only when the press is there that they work?

Why not believe that they are working when numerours reports over the last 12 months have included the fact that Beatrice is working and that Eugenie was doing an internship which has now finished?

If they said they were working and the press found out that they were not, the press would be all over that story like flies on shyte.

Suits her degree perfectly! I agree, Cepe Good for her!

According to the Sunday Express, Eugenie is working as an intern with The Royal Collection (previously with Christie's)

Hard-working Princess Eugenie goes to Derby with her new boss (The Queen!) | Royal | News | Daily Express

I expect grumblies will emerge but I think this is a great idea and according to the report she is not pulling rank in any way.

Good for her.

I think its great that she's doing this. She obviously has the qualifications to be working in this respect.

Now the remarks will probably come up again about how working for your family isn't really "working". :ROFLMAO:

I think its great that she's doing this. She obviously has the qualifications to be working in this respect.

Now the remarks will probably come up again about how working for your family isn't really "working". :ROFLMAO:

I love the idea of working within a family business ;)

I want to say that Hello and the DM have picked up this story from the Express - also the only paper to give the story about Eugenie working with the Royal Collection (post#520ish from me).

Kudos to Richard Palmer and the Express for this; I still condemn the DM as a rag-mag paper.

Congrats to Eugenie on her new job! I hope she enjoys it and New York as well!

The kind of friend who is not...well, at least she knows the kind of guy he is now.

^Thankfully he doesn't seem to be that kind of guy. I just updated my post because a royal source is saying the photos were taken before he and Eugenie started dating.

I think it's pretty disgusting that his friend felt the need to sell the pictures to the media. It was a private party and the photos should have stayed private.

Last edited:
That changes things then. l hope he respects and loves her enough to can the sleaze now as it is humiliating enough for a regular person to know their boyfriend is cavorting like that when it ends up for the world to see....

That changes things then. l hope he respects and loves her enough to can the sleaze now as it is humiliating enough for a regular person to know their boyfriend is cavorting like that when it ends up for the world to see....

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Eugenie knew it had happened. It was a 21st birthday prank for him and was probably done all in good fun. As he is 27 now and those pics were taken at his 21st, I don't think its even newsworthy for any paper to consider writing about. We all do crazy things in our lives and for most of us, hitting the big 21 is a big deal.

I sometimes wish I could go back to that age just for the sheer joy of being young and stupid at times.

I totally agree. This is not a big deal or even especially newsworthy were it not August and the tabloids have so little real royal news to write about. Oh to be 21 again, good times, very good times.

I totally agree. This is not a big deal or even especially newsworthy were it not August and the tabloids have so little real royal news to write about. Oh to be 21 again, good times, very good times.

And that's just the stuff we remember :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom