The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Heir Apparent

She's far from stylish. That coat thing is horrible.

LaRae

Old 10-12-2016, 10:54 PM
Heir Apparent

How is what she does any different then her cousins? Or senior royals ? None of them get their hands dirty and do actual charity work, well rare exception like Harry in Africa. They attend parties, cut ribbons and pose for pics. And yes they travel. If this was Kate, it would be her bring a princess and oh wow look at her new engagements and her lovely dress. Because it's Bea, it's wow she is a lazy party girl, why can't she for real work

Until the past three months due had a full time job, a huge time commitment. Many of her do called holidays during that time were back to the uk to support her grandmother and other causes. Beatrice has always been devoted to her handful of patronages. The past year or two she has stepped up even more.

She has started a foundation with the Brandon kids, something which of course the press's over look. The triathlon was part of this. This isn't the first event like this she has done Since the London marathon. She has competed in numerous events and raised a great deal of money.

What has she been doing the last three months? Training for a gruelling triathlon, which is no simple matter. Planning for her ten day trip to Nepal and Bhutan. Attending events for her other patronages. It seems along with the Branson charity she is also involved with this eye one. Great to see her taking on new patronages. I look forward to see her at the awards show.

But by all means meadow let's see all the statistics of the charity work her cousins do. Because they don't have jobs either. And unlike Beatrice, they do get funding for their 'charity work'

Old 10-13-2016, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I have nothing against either of the York sisters, they're pretty harmless imo but that you keep repeating they 'support' their grandmother isn't really accurate.

Anytime either sister is deemed to have represented the monarchy they get CC credit. With the Yorks it amounts to a handful of times a year. This doesn't mean Bea doesn't do other things though. Most of what Bea and Eug do is considered private rather than royal work.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
How is what she does any different then her cousins? Or senior royals ?

It's different because it has been made clear that Beatrice's efforts are neither wanted nor needed by the RF, at least not in any official capacity.

So basically she is fluttering around on her own, and the press is asking why she is not gainfully employed.

(I think Beatrice and Eugenie have been placed in such an awkward position by the ill-considered actions of their parents. If not for that, Beatrice would probably be allowed to join in representing the Queen, a task she apparently enjoys.)
Old 10-13-2016, 09:49 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I have nothing against either of the York sisters, they're pretty harmless imo but that you keep repeating they 'support' their grandmother isn't really accurate.

Anytime either sister is deemed to have represented the monarchy they get CC credit. With the Yorks it amounts to a handful of times a year. This doesn't mean Bea doesn't do other things though. Most of what Bea and Eug do is considered private rather than royal work.
What the York sisters do as far as their charity work can be related even to the Cambridges and Harry. Some of the stuff W&K&H do are for their own Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry and some of the stuff they do, they do as representatives of their monarch.

Beatrice and Eugenie 99.9% of the time do what they do for their own private charities and patronages and not as representatives of their monarch.

It would be better to say that these two girls reflect well on their family rather than "support" their grandmother. Its confusing HM, The Queen's role as monarch and their loving Granny.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-13-2016, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

When the sisters attend palace engagements, Trooping the Colour, or any official event, they are supporting The Queen. Their charity work is their own duties and work, but also a reflect on the family's work.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-14-2016, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Princess Beatrice sports bizarre feline-inspired costume at UNICEF Halloween Ball | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-14-2016, 04:00 AM
Administrator

The worst outfit she has ever worn..

Here are some more pics:

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 10-14-2016, 04:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Words fail me. I just don't know what to say about that getup Beatrice is wearing so I'll just post this cute cat.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:51 AM
Majesty

All I can say is..... MEOUCH!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-14-2016, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Old 10-14-2016, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Ah, Halloween. Makes fools of many of us.
But risque? She is literally buttoned up and wearing layers, hair included.
Seriously, search Getty for "Unicef UK Halloween Ball;" there was risque.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:37 AM
Majesty

Hehe. oh well. i give her a break - this is after all a halloween ball.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-14-2016, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Not sure what she is supposed to be, but after all...Halloween means just about anything goes.
Old 10-14-2016, 05:53 PM
Commoner

That outfit screams "oh shoot, I ripped my costume and can't wear it...I think I'll just keep the headgear and throw on something else from my closet. Something silvery? I don't know, I should have left five minutes ago, so I'll just put on the the thing I lay my hands on."
Old 10-15-2016, 11:21 PM
Courtier

It isnt Halloween for a couple of weeks and that outfit is beyond awful it looks like she just threw on some stuff she just looks ridiculous. It isnt risque it's just bizarre and unattractive. It isnt like she doesnt have the time to put some effort in these things. But hey it got her attention.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

My point is that their private work reflects on the queen. And does bring credit to her as well.

But I guess attending dinners is only charity work if you are a senior Royal. Otherwise you better be scooping poop and doing actually labor, or you are simply a party fgirl pretending to go charity. There are definitely double standards. If her cousins were at the same event they would be praised for their dedication to charity. She gets bashed as a party girl.

But then again as everyone points out she is a private citizen. The public is paying nothing. Not even security. So other than Andrew who toots the bill who has any right to complain if she foes the have a nine to five job.
Old 10-16-2016, 03:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Beatrice sees her dyslexia as great gift | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 10-16-2016, 12:39 PM
Majesty

Now this is an article that just made me beam ear to ear. To be able to take a learning dysfunction or a disability as see it as a positive is something not a lot of people do or care to do. This shows an inner quality of Beatrice that she carries with her every day in her day to day life and has realized that no matter what we are handed, we can find positives in them if we look hard enough.
― John Lennon
Old 10-16-2016, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

this was a good article from Beatrice. Dyslexia is a topic that has been around for so long but sadly still gets little attention in some circles. It is great having someone with such a high profile working with the foundation. And the fact she is so vocal about not only her own struggles but successes with dealing with it makes it do much more personal. I really do wish we would see the royals openly supporting her work, and getting media attention for it. It is obvious she is willing to do some incredible charity work without any official funding or role. I don't see what it hurts the royals to show some recognition for it. Certainly foes the hurt financially. And when she does charity work, she again and again shows she is an asset in helping the reputation of her family.

Tags
current events, princess beatrice