The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Courtier

Oh yes, I think Beatrice and Dave are in love. But it doesn't hurt Beatrice that he seems to be well-off. I just think, since they've been together for quite a while now, and they don't have the same burden of expectations as William and Kate and thus not quite the same pressure to "get it right", why shouldn't they get married within the next couple of years? Dave is about 28, as far as I remember - not too young to settle down at all.

I think if they do marry, they will make it work. That's one lesson the younger generation has learned from the generation before them. I think it probably helped William to watch Charles' stable marriage to Camilla. And as strange as some might say the set-up is, Andrew and Sarah's long-lasting friendship is probably a good role model for Beatrice, too - she's seen her parents stick together through thick and thin.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
And as strange as some might say the set-up is, Andrew and Sarah's long-lasting friendship is probably a good role model for Beatrice, too - she's seen her parents stick together through thick and thin.
Good point on that. The Wales boys saw their parents go through a hellacious meltdown and then lose any chance of reconciling later in life when Diana died while the Yorks, for all the issues surrounding the parents, have had nothing short of a healthy post-divorce relationship. Money and insanity aside, it's the kind of relationship you hope for with your ex if the marriage does fall apart.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Nobility

Out of curiosity, when Beatrice and Eugenie get married, would Andrew and Fergie sit in the front row with the Queen and DoE as parents of the bride? Or would they sit behind? Or would Fergie be seated across the aisle like the Spencers at William's wedding?

I guess I should check to see where Anne and her ex sat at Peter's wedding (although I don't know if protocol applied at that wedding in any real sense)...
Old 05-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
Out of curiosity, when Beatrice and Eugenie get married, would Andrew and Fergie sit in the front row with the Queen and DoE as parents of the bride? Or would they sit behind? Or would Fergie be seated across the aisle like the Spencers at William's wedding?

I guess I should check to see where Anne and her ex sat at Peter's wedding (although I don't know if protocol applied at that wedding in any real sense)...

I would expect that they would sit in the front row as the parents' of the bride.

I see no reason why Sarah wouldn't have the normal seat assigned to the mother of the bride.

The question is more where would the groom's family sit as the groom's family normally sits on the side where the royals sit with the bride's family on the other side.

Did we actually see any seating arrangement for Peter's wedding?
Old 05-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post

I would expect Andrew and Sarah to be seated together as parents of the bride, on the same side as other members of the royal family.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I would expect Andrew and Sarah to be seated together as parents of the bride, on the same side as other members of the royal family.

That would be the best. After all you don't want the media focusing on were they are sitting instead of the bride and groom on their big day.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
That would be the best. After all you don't want the media focusing on were they are sitting instead of the bride and groom on their big day.

As the weddings probably wouldn't be televised that wouldn't be a major issue anyway.

By the time they marry they will probably be further from the throne and even less interest in their nuptials than they would get now.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As the weddings probably wouldn't be televised that wouldn't be a major issue anyway.

By the time they marry they will probably be further from the throne and even less interest in their nuptials than they would get now.
I would imagine that even if Beatrice or Eugenie were to marry next month even, the wedding would be a very low keyed one with just family and friends in attendance. I've not really kept up with the details of Zara and Mike's wedding but IIRC, there's will be a private wedding also. I don't think we're going to see anything along the scale of what William and Kate's wedding was for a long, long time.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would imagine that even if Beatrice or Eugenie were to marry next month even, the wedding would be a very low keyed one with just family and friends in attendance. I've not really kept up with the details of Zara and Mike's wedding but IIRC, there's will be a private wedding also. I don't think we're going to see anything along the scale of what William and Kate's wedding was for a long, long time.

I totally agree. The last time we had a wedding on that scale was when Andrew married.

I really don't see there being much interest in Beatrice or Eugenie's weddings whereas Zara has a profile separate to that of being the granddaughter of the Queen and Mike has his own independent international profile, particularly in a Rugby World Cup year and he did captain England during the Six Nations this year - although he isn't the regular captain but stood in for the injured one.

My brother, for instance, knows nothing about the royals and has no interest in them at all but he knows that Mike Tindall is marrying 'some equestrian broad' this year before the World Cup - when told his fiancee is the granddaughter of the Queen his comment was 'so what'. My point is that for some people it is Mike that is giving them some knowledge about this wedding rather than Zara.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:00 AM
Courtier

if only the York girls could just elope... but no chance for that
Old 05-19-2011, 02:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop View Post
if only the York girls could just elope... but no chance for that

Why would they want to?

Just because the majority of the public wouldn't be all that interested their family and friends would be and they also have the right to a proper wedding - at St Georges, the Chapel Royal etc.

Princess Alexandra - also the granddaughter of a monarch through a younger son had a big public wedding but I wouldn't anticipate that sort of wedding for Beatrice and Eugenie - more along the lines of Peter and Zara Philips - a private affair with the public only knowing about it because of who they are and who some of the wedding guests will be e.g. the monarch of the day attending.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Why would they want to?

Just because the majority of the public wouldn't be all that interested their family and friends would be and they also have the right to a proper wedding - at St Georges, the Chapel Royal etc.

Princess Alexandra - also the granddaughter of a monarch through a younger son had a big public wedding but I wouldn't anticipate that sort of wedding for Beatrice and Eugenie - more along the lines of Peter and Zara Philips - a private affair with the public only knowing about it because of who they are and who some of the wedding guests will be e.g. the monarch of the day attending.
Then again if they decide to no longer carry-out royal duties then a big marriage ceremony could be their way of saying goodbye. Seems like a contradictory idea but who knows. All ideas are on the table until we know otherwise.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Courtier

Well a big royal wedding would bring so many but so many headaches to the RF (who shows up and who sits where) but also it would just be a too-good-to -be-missed photo op for their mother and frankly, though I can understand the girls loving their mother I just cannot stomach the horrible hat auction for charity b--s--t. I felt that the mother just dragged down a daughter to her level and it saddens me. If I was Zara I would make sure that the York cousins must get their attire approved for my wedding just to avoid another occasion for them to cheapen the best day of a bride's life.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Well a big royal wedding would bring so many but so many headaches to the RF (who shows up and who sits where) but also it would just be a too-good-to -be-missed photo op for their mother and frankly, though I can understand the girls loving their mother I just cannot stomach the horrible hat auction for charity b--s--t. I felt that the mother just dragged down a daughter to her level and it saddens me. If I was Zara I would make sure that the York cousins must get their attire approved for my wedding just to avoid another occasion for them to cheapen the best day of a bride's life.

Beatrice, in auctioning the hat, was following the lead of her Aunt Diana, on the suggestion of William, who auctioned her dresses for charity.

Hardly lowering herself to Sarah's level, but rather lowering herself to Diana's level.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Courtier

JMO, but I think Beatrice was trying to make something good out of a bad situation or as the old saying goes "making a silk purse out of a sow's ear". :)
Old 05-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Exactly. Use the notoriety for a good purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
JMO, but I think Beatrice was trying to make something good out of a bad situation or as the old saying goes "making a silk purse out of a sow's ear". :)
Old 05-21-2011, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I would expect that they would sit in the front row as the parents' of the bride.

I see no reason why Sarah wouldn't have the normal seat assigned to the mother of the bride.

The question is more where would the groom's family sit as the groom's family normally sits on the side where the royals sit with the bride's family on the other side.

Did we actually see any seating arrangement for Peter's wedding?
At past royal wedddings in Wstminster Abbey the royal Family was always seated ion the same side that at the Cambridge Wedding also at the Weddings of Princesses Anne, Margaret and Alexandra. The only difference is that they where seated direct before the High Altar and not down the stairs like on 29.04.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-24-2011, 03:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Beatrice, in auctioning the hat, was following the lead of her Aunt Diana, on the suggestion of William, who auctioned her dresses for charity.

Hardly lowering herself to Sarah's level, but rather lowering herself to Diana's level.
Sorry to disagree but Diana did NOT auction any of her dresses a few days after wearing them, that would have been very low and cheap of her to do that. I believe she waited years... there is the cheap factor difference.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Sorry to disagree but Diana did NOT auction any of her dresses a few days after wearing them, that would have been very low and cheap of her to do that. I believe she waited years... there is the cheap factor difference.
Could you possibly explain what you mean by "cheap factor difference"? Thx
Old 05-24-2011, 06:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:

There is no difference - they were both aimed at raising money for charity.

You claimed that by doing this Beatrice had lowered herself to her mother's level - well I disagree. Diana sold her clothes and the time between wearing them and selling is immaterial - either both did something good in auctioning them for charity or they are both cheap acts.

The fact that Diana waited years is not relevant to the fact that years later her neice by marriage followed her example.

Tags
princess beatrice, princess eugenie, wedding